It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Trump Actually Did With Ukraine Is Not What The Media Is Pushing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 04:08 AM
link   
So I was reading this article over at politico. Every time I would start to admire their fairness in addressing the matter we are faced with as a nation, they'd throw a little lie in. Often the same one but always along the same lines. I won't tell you what it is, I'll show you:

...whether the president abused his power in pressuring Ukraine to intervene in the 2020 election and investigate Joe Biden.

...a controversy that even Republicans can't ignore. And it’s reinforced not only by closed-door testimony by senior officials, but by Trump’s own comments from the White House lawn.

The controversy is clear — Trump abused the power of his office for political gain — and there’s more than enough evidence that is already public.

...Trump’s efforts — along with those of his personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, and other officials — to pressure Ukrainian officials to dig up dirt on Biden while withholding U.S. aid.

I have seen this tactic abused in multiple articles on the subject. Sadly for journalism, this is not an accurate telling of events. Trump did not pressure them to dig up dirt on biden. Trump did not withhold aid to get them to do it. So what did trump do? Have a look:

The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.

Now, does it sound like Trump is pressuring anyone?
I don't think so.

Is he asking for dirt?
No. He's asking them to work with our AG to look into possible corruption that biden has bragged about.

Is he asking for it with a deadline of before the 2020 election?
Nope.

Is he withholding something to get them to do it?
No.

So these four excerpts are all lies about the same thing.

Then there's this little gem:

The White House itself has also released some information on the president’s July 25 call to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky

No the president has released the entire freaking transcript of the phone call. But that's inconvenient to admit because "muh whistleblower" is much more fun than the facts.

Bonus:
I found this quote really funny. It makes it quite obvious they're not used to being challenged and having to actually defend their position:

"It’s not that it’s difficult to message against him," one Democratic aide said. "What’s difficult is that he’s obviously the president, so whatever he says is quoted as the headline. That’s the difficult part."

I feel so bad, they're having to work against an actual opposition. Oh no.
edit on 9-10-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I am surprised that Trump has remained as controlled as he has with all the lies that have been attributed to him !

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

So I was reading this article over at politico. Every time I would start to admire their fairness in addressing the matter we are faced with as a nation, they'd throw a little lie in. Often the same one but always along the same lines. I won't tell you what it is, I'll show you:

You have to highlight the lies, you failed to do so in your opening post.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: contextual

Maybe you failed to see them.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   

End of the day this Ukraine BS should have become a non issue the second the Ukrainian pres got on air and declared a no pressure conversation full stop.

Trumps decision to not co operate is yet another master stroke.

Tell you what this fellas pritty damn switched on.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   

I looked, they are all there. Or do you choose 'truth' over facts?

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It's important to not have on your "I hate the Orange Man! Orange man BAD!" underoos, and blinders on while reading that. The person you are replying to has a set for every day of the week. Even replaced the superman one's he used on Sunday.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   
32 tips for navigating a society full of propaganda and manipulation

This thread has some tips to help work out what is going on. Last time a president tried to take on the CIA he got shot.

WWG1WGA

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   

not to mention when shifty schiff came to talk to the press he went on to throw more lies and left without even taking any questions from the reporters

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I would have to agree; the news media today has moved far away from just reporting the facts. They have deluded themselves into believing that they are the Antimatter to Trumps Matter; they have turned "Fact Checking" into fact creating.

It started in the first year of Trumps presidency. Their was a lot of debate within the journalism community in how best to "Fact Check" the president. A man whom is loss and fast with his "Facts"; Trump speaks off the top of his head a lot, doesn't always get things right, always spins things to his advantage and never lets up even when he knows he is/was wrong. So Journalists do have a lot to "fact check" with him. What is more so that Trump decided to try and by pass the media filters and talk to the American people directly; cutting journalists out all together.

In the early days of his presidency journalists grappled with how to deal with this issue. Some would argue it was not their job to contradict the president every time he came out with "alternate facts"; that it was up to the readers to decide what was "fact" and what was "alternat facts". A bigger group of Journalists, perhaps angry that they where being side lined, perhaps angry that there was a conservative president, argued that it was their number one duty to "Fact Check" every breath the president took.

Clearly the second group won the argument. "Fact checking" took on a whole new fervency; journalists would pause right in the middle of interviews to explain how the president was wrong or lieing. I'd say those where the good old days; journalist might have been putting their own spin on things, but you could see when it was happening. They had to take a pause, explain that they where "fact checking" and you as the viewer could decide who's "alternative facts" you thought were the correct ones.

But somewhere later Journalists must have realized that either, A) constantly pausing their news telling was detracting from their professionalism, or B) it wasn't working, to many people where still accepting Trump's "alternate facts" over their "alternate facts". So they took an even further step; instead of "fact checking"; the news media now just accepts a narrative (usually an anti-Trump narrative) from the beginning of a story and push it like a freight train. They are no longer in Jerusalem; they are story tellers.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I guess the media/Dems (same/same) are forgetting that something needs to be true -beyond any doubt-. They refuse to acknowledge that there is a real possibility that the Dems/Media (same/same) are wrong and Trump is right.
They are in fact blind sighted by their bias.
A free-thinking press is really importend to a Democracy. This bias is probably the worst attack on US democracy of all.

NB: I personally suspect that Trump is right in this case, but I am open to the possibility that he is not and he did something unethical.
edit on 9-10-2019 by Goedhardt because: Orange Juice

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   

The problem is that there are no overt lies in the story politico is telling, so you are correct contextual. Unfortunately there are no overt truths in the story either.

The politico article takes what is sercomstantal evidence of potential wrong doing and presents it as if the impeachment trial in the Senate has already occurred and a verdict of guilt has already been reached.

Trump abused the power of his office for political gain — and there’s more than enough evidence that is already public. 

edit on 9-10-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

"It’s not that it’s difficult to message against him," one Democratic aide said. 

Really???

What exactly is the Democratic Message?

They are reactive to the Donald. He sets the agenda. He intentionally brought focus to Ukraine and that led to Biden.

They take his bait every time.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I would have to agree; the news media today has moved far away from just reporting the facts. They have deluded themselves into believing that they are the Antimatter to Trumps Matter; they have turned "Fact Checking" into fact creating.

Believe it or not, in order to find just straight news reporting, I watch Al Jazeera news.

It's actually pretty good.

edit on 10/9/2019 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
youtu.be...

John Solomon DROPS BOMB: Info Omitted from Whistleblower Report - Ukraine was Re-Opening Probe into Hunter Biden's Company in February

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Is he asking for dirt?
No. He's asking them to work with our AG to look into possible corruption that biden has bragged about.

That's the same thing. The simple act of asking the leader of a foreign nation for dirt on a political rival is illegal. No matter the motivation. Frame it any way you want, it doesn't change what happened.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Is he asking for dirt?

That's the same thing. The simple act of asking the leader of a foreign nation for dirt on a political rival is illegal. No matter the motivation. Frame it any way you want, it doesn't change what happened.

it appears to me to be a trap to catch the leakers as the actual investigation was reopened in february
months before the call
seems the whistleblower(leaker) didnt know that nor did the dems

lol

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Is he asking for dirt?

it appears to me to be a trap to catch the leakers as the actual investigation was reopened in february
months before the call
seems the whistleblower(leaker) didnt know that nor did the dems

lol

Yeah.

Lol.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks
you are accusing trump of asking for something that was already in place, no?

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Is he asking for dirt?

So You cannot be investigated when you are a political opponent? Is Biden offlimits for justice?
Isn’t that what happened fir some time on the other side?

‘Looking in to’ if something happened is not the same as ‘get him, any means necessary’. If Biden is innocent, they will find it.
edit on 9-10-2019 by Goedhardt because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join