It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worthless TWATS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
MA
The POTUS is more than 'socially' retarded. He clearly suffers from early onset dementia. He may not be a 'helmet case' in the purest sense, but he certainly isn't operating at normal levels of functionality.

You know what bugs me? He used to be a very eloquent and charismatic speaker. The change is so remarkable it boggles the mind. If you don't believe me, a brief internet search will probably produce some corroboration.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
If it's any consolation,

You have voted MaskedAvatar for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Deep

A pity vote... Now thats even funnier!

There should be a WATSPA award, i'm sure alot more people would be inclined to vote that way lol.

Like OOPS has in his avatar " I pity the fool... why not vote for him then?"

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
True Lies

You just got my WATSPA, moving your pity points from 28936 to 28956!

I thought I would mention that it wasn't until the 59th post that the POTUS was mentioned amongst the Worthless TWATS thread.

I would like to steer discussion to the concept of positive peer reinforcement again, but it may not be possible in the environment of general devolution, LOL.

I like people who can stay positive, accept new information on verification, and build knowledge at ATS.

[edit on 8-3-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Lighten up, I didn't make fun of anyone with disabilities.

I pointed out that the person in Thunderdome that wore a mask had Down's Syndrome.

Really insulting stuff there, huh?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete
Lighten up, I didn't make fun of anyone with disabilities.

I pointed out that the person in Thunderdome that wore a mask had Down's Syndrome.

I sympathize. I lose audience on my more obscure media missives as well.

Never fear. Post for yourself. You're always guaranteed an appreciative audience of one.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I would like to steer discussion to the concept of positive peer reinforcement again, but it may not be possible in the environment of general devolution, LOL.

A way to see how many TWATS you have would be nice, but perhaps it would turn it into a competitive thing. It was great to see how pleasantly surprised and appreciative soficrow was when she was awarded hers.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
True Lies
You just got my WATSPA, moving your pity points from 28936 to 28956!
I thought I would mention that it wasn't until the 59th post that the POTUS was mentioned amongst the Worthless TWATS thread.

Now there's a post/member who goes by a double standard.

See my post was an idea, you can take it negatively or positively, or without bias. You just took i that extra step, then totally did a 180 at the end...
I do believe the infamous MA just showed his true colors.
Thanks for comin' out!

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I wasn't having a go at you, TrueLies, but I was showing you a perspective on how "points" could be perceived under your suggestion. I didn't know that I was "infamous". Can you elucidate? Now feeling a little sorry for myself, but I'm unable to award myself myself pity points!

I agree too that it's a pleasant surprise to get peer recognition for a job well done, as Soficrow expressed. It is also meaningful to see when a Moderator provides you with applause and you receive your U2U and your "bar" goes a little redder. These two forms of recognition are quite separate and distinct, and I still feel that it is worthwhile for a member to know when they have received recognition in either case and for what!

Like I said a week or so ago, the best kind of points at ATS are salient points.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
bump for twats appreciation day

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
im not sure what TWATS is

but you cant deny that "worthless TWATS" is certainly an attention grabber

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

It was an old function we used to have. Members would vote for posts and the member with the most votes for the month got The Way Above Top Secret award.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

There was once an award that could be voted on by members. It was called The Way Above Top Secret award.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

well, i hate to reveal my immature sense of humor, but thats hilarious that this award forms that acronym

Why not bring it back?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Another question as I read through this thread. What ever happened to Masked Avatar? Seems they just disappeard one day ...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Oh goodness. I thought this was another ATS rant thread.

Someone didn't think about that acronym in advance. lol

I'm also wondering why the person would enter that word into the ATS search engine to find and bump this old thread. Something tells me the search term wasn't 'worthless.'

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
You do have to wonder why someone would bump a three year old thread for no reason.

Since this thread discusses a defunct topic and no longer serves any purpose.

Thread Closed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join