It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worthless TWATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
MA,
Didn't I read somewhere that you won a TWATS award at some point in the past? If so, where's your medal?

djohnsto77, the link below may be of interest to you.
The 'Way Above Top Secret' Award/Medal

Look for the last post on the first page for an explanation fo the two types of TWATS/WATS awards: there is a monthly and a yearly.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
OIC, thanks a lot for clearing that up Seekerof, makes a lot of sense!

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   

You are right, no points to give you!

But if I voted for someone, they would now get 20 points not 250, and the question is simply "why"?

Wow, this concludes my question in regards to me getting votes; my points have never gone up bar my posts. Obviously nobody is voting me for anything.

Gee thanks.

Deep

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
ZeroDeep

Your appeal seems to have been answered, in a small way, LOL.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
C'mon, ZeroDeep,
We mods must love you.

That post bar of yours is looking rather red (indicating applauses received: the redder the more the applauses gained).

*group hug*

seekerof

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
You have voted MaskedAvatar for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

You deserve it anyway!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Awww, you guys are so sweet

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
At the risk of further charging an unfortunately named acronym, may I just observe the timing of this rather popular topic as having all the hallmarks of a tension headache?

And suggest...

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
may I just observe the timing of this rather popular topic as having all the hallmarks of a tension headache?

This is very kind.

The "timing" is random, so soon after observation. It seems to be the second fastest rising "X"-forum rated topic behind Chat.

Perhaps the question of "why" is an unanswerable one, which would lead conspiracy theorists to the further question of "why" it is unanswerable!

I must go and release this tension, yes. I think meditation is the answer, away from flesh things.

[edit on 6-3-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Do we get pitty TWATS votes if we post in this thread?

We should have a below top secret award (or something like that) for dumbest posts on ATS. If we can vote based on good posts, we should be able to vote on bad posts too.... though I do see a huge drama potential here, when someone is branded with "loser" and they have to carry it around for a month

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I think that type of anti-recognition was proposed about 22 months ago, and dismissed for reasons exactly akin to the problems you see.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
paperclip
That's an awesome idea! What a laugh that would be...

I already have about a half dozen nominees in mind. Let's get this party started!

edited for this: There should also be a "biggest loser on ATS" for those people who spend the most time on the board. I would win every month for sure.

[edit on 6-3-2005 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Close paperclip. I think we need a WBTS award. BTS is important too.

Good idea, let's see where it goes.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I really love the title of this thread. That's going to be my new term of endearment for those I work with. They won't know what the hell I'm talking about.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Intrepid says,

Twats is the single most important award we have, ie: the nod from your peers.
While peer recognition is a nice thing to have, its vanity.
This is basically a popularity contest.

Intrepid covetously states,

having members saying that you made a difference............. priceless. I wish I had had that, even once.
Members can say youve made a difference or not....even if you really didnt...
just because soo many people either feel good from reading your stuff, or that they just want to believe what you say, doesnt make it so.

You could be out in left field, and soo far from the truth, yet get enough willing sheeple to vote for you and your a winner.

Then again, im the first one to stand up for "cultural identity", so id be caught between the 2....
if the community in enough mass says "your the Twat" this month, then who am i to stand in their way,
even if it COULD be completely misguided.

Would i want to win one, sure
do i covet it
nope

I also wouldnt mind an award for the WBTS, because in my mind, ignorance needs to be shown for others to say, "yeah that was ignorant".
Could it be mean, possible, but we call a murderer a killer and look down at them even after they serve their time...why not call a fool a fool?
Again the community standard could be misguided in its application, but so what? in reality this would be a negative popularity contest even if the poster that won was indeed truely correct and the rest of the voters just didnt want to accept it.

People need to take the good AND the bad...shielding ourselves from one or the other is denial in its truest form.

p.s., Intrepid, im not picking on you, but you had stated things in the clearest manner in which i could discuss the Twats value or not.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
i think there should be a "BTS" or something vote that cancels out TWATS votes, but no award should be given or the name of the winner (loser) of the most negative votes revealed.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Not quite what I meant with the WBTS award. I meant that it would be for quallity in BTS. Seems like a lot of people think that BTS is unimportant, I think that's incorrect. BTS is important too.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Not quite what I meant with the WBTS award. I meant that it would be for quallity in BTS. Seems like a lot of people think that BTS is unimportant, I think that's incorrect. BTS is important too.

Yeah, not a razzie type award but a Fonzie.
Ayyyyy.
For cool posters.

Not for particularly scholarly WATS type stuff. But for Ayyyyyyyyy.... Fun stuff.

It should only be a vote option on BTS.

But this is not gonna happen. Way bigger priorites. Just talking.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The problem with having a Fonzie Damn Cool Award, is that I would clean up every month.

Just look at my avatar. Coooool.

Ehhhhhhhhhh.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Through a process of non-complex experimentation I have just discovered that a TWATS vote now carries a value to the receiver of just 20 ATS points.

Anyone know how and why the TWATS currency devaluation took place?

Better question for you. How many points do they take away from you when you get ignored for being a pseudo-intellectual?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join