It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House formally tells Democrats it won’t cooperate with impeachment probe

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Lol.. he has alot of bribes to pay out? Not to mention the money he owes the oligarchs from the last election... since hes failing miserably at getting any sanctions removed...

I'm only joking here...

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: DBCowboy

I've said that theory multiple times on ATS, I'm claiming first rights to it.

I will bow to you Puppylove

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Surly him not cooperating makes this look even worse for him?

Only to butthurt liberals and their news media...The world sees the corruption and the scam the Democrats are trying to pull...Everything they are accusing Trump of they have committed ten-fold...

Then Republicans need to stop being incompetent. Show me the evidence. File complaints. Get authorities to act on the laws being broken. PLEASE ARREST SOMEONE!

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

As a co-equal branch of government, the SCOTUS can't tell the House what it can and cannot do. Especially when it comes to impeachment.

Article 1, Section 2, US Constitution:

The House of Representatives...shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.

Beyond that, the House can easily provide both Obstruction of Justice and Contempt of Congress as articles of impeachment if the Executive branch doesn't comply with the inquiry.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

you know the reply you quoted said what you asked before you asked it.

Look at my quote you made, read all the words slowly.

Please do not make an even larger fool of your self

Can someone explain the quote he just made to him.

do you understand english or is it a second language to you?

you seen to miss certain colliqulisms

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I'm not sure I agree with the theory once you run for office and win you can not longer be indicted or impeached?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

I knew you did not have the balls to answer my question.

Trump is God. I love him.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

It's just to protect himself from Trump. Doesn't matter once Trump in theory was out of office.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: thedigirati

I knew you did not have the balls to answer my question.

Trump is God. I love him.

and now you lie

do you know what "he burns too" means ?

sorry if Trump burns too was to advanced for your left brain

I honestly typed this with one finger so it would be slow enough for you

link   

"Today, Common Cause filed a complaint with the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Election Commission (FEC) alleging that President Donald Trump, his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, and other political operatives illegally solicited a political contribution from a foreign national—by urging Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and other Ukrainian officials to investigate Hunter Biden and 2020 presidential candidate Joe Biden.

Information has been determined to have no value in regards to the FEC.

The IG has also seen the transcript and has found no violation.

Frivolous lawsuit is a frivolous lawsuit.

Try harder?

link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
a reply to: xuenchen

"Now what?"

Um. Impeachment still. They don't need him to cooperate to impeach him. Another President tried the same tactic and hint hint it didn't work out for him either.

There is no reason to comply with it right now. There has been no vote taken, so it's not a legal impeachment process at the moment.

You do know that congress does not need to be in an impeachment for them to have oversight and investigative powers of the executive branch right?

They can all go take a nap, and suck their thumbs if they want too

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

No, they can't.

There is no formal inquiry.

The day a single person can stand up in the House and open an impeachment inquiry into the sitting President of the US is the day we descend into chaos. That's not how checks and balances work, but that's what the Democrats are trying to make you think.

The Committee needs to hold a formal vote to open an actual inquiry in order for anything to be obstructed.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

He, (Trump) spoke the words in the first place that made not just America, but the whole world sing, I'll say once again, he fecks himself up time, and time again and that will be his downfall at some stage.
Acting like a cry baby, as usual, will not save him.
Of course, if anyone...et al in the administration is encouraging him in this direction, and that they, themselves are also involved, that only makes Trump even more vulnerable...especially if the enquiry has any further damning evidence ongoing to same, because he is the chief...end of.
Unless...his er, PH is out of balance..it used to be called the acid, alkaline reaction for the body.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

As a co-equal branch of government, the SCOTUS can't tell the House what it can and cannot do. Especially when it comes to impeachment.

Beyond that, the House can easily provide both Obstruction of Justice and Contempt of Congress as articles of impeachment if the Executive branch doesn't comply with the inquiry.

Cool... maybe they should VOTE ON IT then... because until they do, a subcommitte of the House has no oversight power over the President.

Read what you quoted and think about it.

It takes the full House.

Duh?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

The White House did cooperate, they released the transcript in question.
The Democrats however, want to focus on second hand information.

The goal here is to remove President Trump no matter what
it takes they refuse to accept the results of the 2016 election.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

He, (Trump) spoke the words in the first place that made not just America, but the whole world sing, I'll say once again, he fecks himself up time, and time again and that will be his downfall at some stage.
Acting like a cry baby, as usual, will not save him.
Of course, if anyone...et al in the administration is encouraging him in this direction, and that they, themselves are also involved, that only makes Trump even more vulnerable...especially if the enquiry has any further damning evidence ongoing to same, because he is the chief...end of.
Unless...his er, PH is out of balance..it used to be called the acid, alkaline reaction for the body.

Kids PSA here

'___' IS BAD

That is all.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well it wasn't just any random person in the House. It was the Speaker, you know, third in line to the presidency.

The only thing that says the House or a committee or a subcommittee has to hold a vote on an impeachment inquiry are the House rules. Guess who gets to make the House rules? The Speaker of the House.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: links234

No, they can't.

There is no formal inquiry.

The day a single person can stand up in the House and open an impeachment inquiry into the sitting President of the US is the day we descend into chaos. That's not how checks and balances work, but that's what the Democrats are trying to make you think.

The Committee needs to hold a formal vote to open an actual inquiry in order for anything to be obstructed.

No, that is incorrect. Federal Impeachment is 3 steps:

First, the Congress investigates. This investigation typically begins in the House Judiciary Committee, but may begin elsewhere. For example, the Nixon impeachment inquiry began in the Senate Judiciary Committee. The facts that led to impeachment of Bill Clinton were first discovered in the course of an investigation by Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr.

Second, the House of Representatives must pass, by a simple majority of those present and voting, articles of impeachment, which constitute the formal allegation or allegations. Upon passage, the defendant has been "impeached".

Third, the Senate tries the accused. In the case of the impeachment of a president, the Chief Justice of the United States presides over the proceedings. For the impeachment of any other official, the Constitution is silent on who shall preside, suggesting that this role falls to the Senate's usual presiding officer, the President of the Senate who is also the Vice President of the United States. Conviction in the Senate requires a two-thirds supermajority vote. The result of conviction is removal from office.

Link

Whether a vote has happened has no bearing on whether or not obstruction has taken place. If there is an investigation, and you obstruct it, that's obstruction. It's not complicated.

Nixon was investigated for 3 months before a vote was held. It's been what, 2 weeks for Trump? We still have a long way to go.

edit on 8-10-2019 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015Just because you do not like my opinion doesn't mean I have no credibility. This is the basis of my opinion. Seems like Trump may have done this:

"Today, Common Cause filed a complaint with the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Election Commission (FEC) alleging that President Donald Trump, his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, and other political operatives illegally solicited a political contribution from a foreign national—by urging Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and other Ukrainian officials to investigate Hunter Biden and 2020 presidential candidate Joe Biden. The allegations were first published in The Wall Street Journal, and subsequently President Trump admitted that during a July 25th phone call he pressured President Zelensky to pursue the investigation of his political rival and his son.

Here's my issue with your stand on this and other anti-Trump issues; You take the words "may", "allegedly" and "allegations" as fact and they most certainly are not. What you're describing did not happen. If you think it did you're reading more into the transcript than is there. I read it, did you? The scheduled aid was never brought up. The words themselves did not show any sign of pressure or duress. The statement that Trump admitted he pressured Zelensky in that phone call is a lie. I have it open right now and read through it again just to make sure I remembered it correctly. He NEVER asked Zelensky to investigate anything pertaining to the 2020 election. Nothing. He DID ask them to investigate prior acts and NEVER talked about the aid that had been withheld months beforehand. Nothing in this phone call was out of line or illegal. There was no pressure given, there was none felt by Zelensky in his own words. The WAS an attempt by the former Ukraine government to keep Trump from being elected, they admitted to that.

The dis-ingenuousness of the Left concerning this is disturbing. The absolute hypocrisy of the Left blaming Trump for things he didn't do, that Obama, Clinton, Biden, Comey and others DID is stunning. I have never in my 56 years on this planet seen such corruption and blatant disregard for our Constitution and our nation's laws. Ever. What the Democrats are doing right now makes what Nixon did look like cheating on a spelling test. I'm embarrassed for our country that others have to witness the fiasco we're calling the 116th House of Representatives.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

Great, now show me the vote where the 'formal' inquiry was voted on and started.
What we have now is an informal one, meaning, there isn't one.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join