It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House formally tells Democrats it won’t cooperate with impeachment probe

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

I actually have a theory that Biden is only running so he can't be investigated because it could be seen as conspiring against a political rival.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I actually have a theory that Biden is only running so he can't be investigated because it could be seen as conspiring against a political rival.

That's actually probably the most credible idea you've had.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
the false narrative that the left and democrats wont answer is when did biden become the nominee.

they wont answer this because if bidenis not the nominee, then trump never did election interference.

but

Biden is NOT the nominee.

so how does that catch-22 work exactly?

what 🥨logic was used?

link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
You just don't want to have any trial under any circumstances because you always put your party before your country.

I think that's a simplistic statement and, at best, hyperbolic. I see people who are putting their freedom and rights before convenient and selective application, driven by political party and cronyism, of the law. They have routinely accused Trump of breaking rarely applied laws... they're rarely applied because it has become SOP for politicians to bend those laws regularly, if not outright break them. This case, for example, wouldn't have ever been possible for Trump to look into had the Obama administration not pegged support of the Ukraine against Russia to the Ukraine dropping the investigation into Biden's son and handing over all materials to the US. There's an act which violated multiple laws, including the one you're citing...

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
There is no reason to comply with it right now. There has been no vote taken, so it's not a legal impeachment process at the moment.

Shocking news for you; the Speaker of the House gets to determine if the House is going to pursue an impeachment inquiry.

No vote needed.

link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
a reply to: dfnj2015
can you show where Biden is the Democratic Nominee
thanks in advance
If biden is not the Nominee, how does that help trump??
explain that please.

Maybe you are right and this is some grand liberal Democrat conspiracy. Or, the problem is the evidence is compelling.

You have the right to your opinion of "no evidence of any kind can ever implicate Trump in any wrong doing." I just do not agree with your opinion. What the transcript and what he said on TV which I saw with my own eye's it's my judgement he broke Federal election laws:

en.wikipedia.org...

Now you can disagree with my opinion. But this is my opinion.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

well even underwerks believes Democrats are that low

and he would know for sure......🤣🤣😂😂😲😲😆😆😆👀👀🐱‍👤🐱‍👤🕵️‍♀️🕵️‍♀️🕵️‍♀️🕵️‍♀️

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

The Supreme Court will rule otherwise.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That's all the right has, a whole bunch of mess, based on opinion.
So.. that seems to be what this whole thread is...
while we wait for the truth to come out, which may not happen for a few decades.
So, we just continue on with our banter like theres two entirely different realities competing to be acknowledged as real.

link   

originally posted by: links234

originally posted by: ketsuko
There is no reason to comply with it right now. There has been no vote taken, so it's not a legal impeachment process at the moment.

Shocking news for you; the Speaker of the House gets to determine if the House is going to pursue an impeachment inquiry.

No vote needed.

WHAAAT? You mean to tell me Donald Trump has no power to stop anything having to do with the impeachment proceedings?

Next you'll be telling me Congress and the executive branch are co-equal...

Sounds like commie talk to me..

link   

Do not put words in my mouth, are you SCHIFF?

no were did I say that trump cannot break the law

as a matter of fact if he did he burns too, can you say that about the Democrats??

see that crap don't work with me.

ETA: its crap like that that makes you have no credibility, you make up stuff then argue against it when no one said that.
edit on 8-10-2019 by thedigirati because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

With Hillary and Barack so blatantly corrupt breaking federal laws left, right, center, this way and that. Then it is Republican incompetence for not getting Hillary indicted or Barack impeached. Or, everything your hear on Fox News and OAN is telling you is baseless mudslinging lies with no evidence or basis in fact.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

why would trump need to divert funds to his campaign when the RNC coffers are overflowing and setting almost reccord fundraising goals? since impeachment started he made 25 million in a day thats what warren made in all of 3rd quarter

ballotpedia.org... check the graph only one of the 3 republcian comittes has any debt (1 million and change) vs 2 of the dem major committees having debt up to their eyeballs with only one being debt free

compare it to 2018 levels where both the dems and republicans had debt but it seems we payed ours off

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Unless, of course, trumps antics ends up being the reason why biden doesnt become the nominee..

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: HalWesten

We should start impeachment inquiries on Warren, Biden, and Sanders (bless his heart) just to make sure.

That would be fine with me but from what I've read no representative or senator can be impeached. They can only be removed by the voters at the ballot box or by their own house members voting them out. That will never happen and most voters are uneducated and/or just don't care so that won't happen either.

Not true.

Senators can be impeached -- and have been impeached. The first (and as of now, only) senator to be impeached was William Blount in 1797. Per Article II, Section 4, of the Constitution, the House of Representatives has the power to impeach the president, vice president and any civil officer (which includes senators and representatives). There have been only 19 impeachments in our history -- 2 presidents, 1 senator, 1 Secretary of War (1876) and 15 federal judges.

Are you sure? I found this at a congressional research site:

Under Article I, Section 5, clause 2, of the Constitution, a Member of Congress may be removed
from office before the normal expiration of his or her constitutional term by an “expulsion” from
the Senate (if a Senator) or from the House of Representatives (if a Representative) upon a formal
vote on a resolution agreed to by two-thirds of the Members of that body present and voting.
While there are no specific grounds for an expulsion expressed in the Constitution, expulsion
actions in both the House and the Senate have generally concerned cases of perceived disloyalty
to the United States, or the conviction of a criminal statutory offense which involved abuse of
one’s official position. Each house has broad authority as to the grounds, nature, timing, and
procedure for an expulsion of a Member. However, policy considerations, as opposed to questions
of authority, have appeared to restrain the Senate and House in the exercise of expulsion when it
might be considered as infringing on the electoral process, such as when the electorate knew of
the past misconduct under consideration and still elected or re-elected the Member.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I've said that theory multiple times on ATS, I'm claiming first rights to it.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Surly him not cooperating makes this look even worse for him?

Only to butthurt liberals and their news media...The world sees the corruption and the scam the Democrats are trying to pull...Everything they are accusing Trump of they have committed ten-fold...

We could very well have a balanced budget were it not for the extortionist Democrats...

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

Do not put words in my mouth, are you SCHIFF?

no were did I say that trump cannot break the law

as a matter of fact if he did he burns too, can you say that about the Democrats??

see that crap don't work with me.

You are so sensitive is impossible not to offend. Answer a simple question. If Trump broke any Federal law at all, should he be held responsible, yes or no?

I have for years been begging you Republicans to please put one, just one, high profile Democrat in jail. Please. Stop being so incompetent and enforce our laws! We have to live by the rule of law. If Hillary broke the law she should burn at the stake.

However, as far as I can tell everything out of Republican mouths about Democrats is nothing but mudslinging lies with no evidence whatsoever. Otherwise there would be legal consequences.

This is legal consequences:

www.commoncause.org... bution-from-ukrainian-president/

Someone filing a complaint is a legal consequence.

Show me one complaint filed against Hillary or Obama (there may actually be one and I don't know about) . But I have never seen one.

link   
a reply to: dawnstar

to quote Hillary clinton

"good luck proving that"

link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Since it is in the Constitution as a power of the House and HAS been done before historically, I'm going to say yes, it's true.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join