It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House formally tells Democrats it won’t cooperate with impeachment probe

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Why do you think Trump is guilty and should be kicked out of the White House?

Just curious.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

they are being called out

but you only see it watching FOXNEWS, it's not on MSNBC,NBC,ABC,CBS,NPR,AP, or Rueters.

they don't show the GOP.

any other questions???

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

In order for a committee to look into something with the weight of Congress behind it, it has to be referred to committee by a full vote from the floor. Just like Every. Single. Bill. Ever. Then if it passes the committee, it goes to the floor again for a full to send it to the Senate. Just like. Every. Single. Bill.

In cases of impeachment, the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court presides in the Senate, it cannot be sent to committee. When all testimony is heard the CJotSC calls for a vote. If it passes, the Master At Arms (the only LEO with the power to arrest the POTUS, because he is the only LEO, other than MAA of the House, not under the POTUS control) is granted that power by the Senate and removed the POTUS.

So far it has never gone that far. And I don’t think it will even make it to the Senate this time. If Mitch doesn’t kick it back to the House for failure to follow procedure Roberts will. Otherwise some people in DC might get a school of hard knocks education about which other people have arrest powers that are not under the absolute control of the President either. And those people are not required to follow Constitutional protections for elected officials...

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Patience. Today it came out that Pelosi's son made a killing while serving as a gas company exec with a company doing business in Ukraine, including using his own mother in some of their Ukrainian marketing materials... This is serving a higher power presently and the entire process will destroy many career politicians' careers before it is all over. I suspect Congressional Republicans are aware of this and are currently allowing this process, which is causing zero damage to the President, to proceed so long as it continues to bear withered Democratic fruit that can be cast aside to fertilize the fields of freedom in it's wake.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: thedigirati

Didnt say it came from ukraine..
I said it came out of the money he got to build his wall..
Which I hear my rumors and stories. One i heard recently was that all that money is gone.. supposedly given to mexico as "humanitarian aide" for the refugees they got stuck with.
Think the idea that it got somehow diverted into his campaign is more believable..

So you are saying that Trump is a master Criminal orange baffoon, is that correct????

with a million plus eyes on him he is going to skim cash to fund his election, why?

is he an idiot or a master criminal, I'm confused.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Why do you think Trump is guilty and should be kicked out of the White House?

Just curious.

Because some voters did some stuff in November, 2016 that didn't meet the expectations of the pablum sated media zombies.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Seriously, the only "obstruction of justice" I'm seeing is the House democrats trying to obfuscate the on-going DOJ investigations.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

What do you think they are voting on? They arent gonna vote to actually impeach the president till they investigate. Which they are trying to investigate, trump just keeps throwing roadblocks in the way.

Since you seem to be somewhat ignorant of the process, let me help you.

Normally, a House or Senate subcommittee will, by a simple majority vote of the committee, hold an investigation.

That way both political sides have an input in it.

The House Intelligence Committee has NOT voted on an impeachment inquiry, or investigation.

This is not an Intelligence Committee investigation.

This is a Democrat investigation that the Republican members of the committee have no say in.

Hope that helped.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
Which I hear my rumors and stories.

Well now, that and the change from under your couch and car seat will fetch you a tasty morsel from an American icon.
edit on 8-10-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Democrats are doing what they keep accusing Trump of doing.

They can't win if they don't cheat 😃

This could be the biggest backfire since the November 9th 2016 Hillary 😃

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oraculi
I'm completely flabbergasted. I'm stunned. Shocked, really. I don't know what to say. I don't even know what I'm saying right now.

I totally thought Trump was going to cooperate.

If it was an actual investigation then historically he has.

They need to vote on it.

Did you even read the letter in the OP?

/facepalm

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻 🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂

cannot star your post enough

🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Again, it speaks volumes that blockading a Democrat lead, Democrat initiated, only Democrat participating witch hunt is called "obstructing justice" by the Democrats. How in the hell do they fit in the House chamber door with their giant, inflated heads? This is obstructing a collective of assholes and developmentally disabled knob turners who were chosen, bafflingly, by other Americans to represent them and whom have eff all to do with justice, nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
This is news.

Of course Trump isn't going to cooperate. Who thought he would. Hands.

Why should they? It’s just more democratic BS they’re trying to disguise as being legitimate. The party’s a pathetic joke of butthurt losers.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't understand why on this good green Earth that they just don't take the freeking vote. I mean come on Dems, take the freekin vote. If it passes then we can expect the WH to cooperate, right? Ha. They should take the vote so that Trump can find another excuse to stonewall.

If they take the vote, it passes, and the White House refuses to comply, then they have a leg to stand on where their indignation and screeching is concerned as opposed to now where it's much ado about nothing.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think Trump is guilty of breaking the law and his oath to the Constitution. It's up to you Republicans to decide where your loyalty lies.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: DBCowboy
We should start impeachment inquiries on Warren, Biden, and Sanders (bless his heart) just to make sure.

That would be fine with me but from what I've read no representative or senator can be impeached. They can only be removed by the voters at the ballot box or by their own house members voting them out. That will never happen and most voters are uneducated and/or just don't care so that won't happen either.

Not true.

Senators can be impeached -- and have been impeached. The first (and as of now, only) senator to be impeached was William Blount in 1797. Per Article II, Section 4, of the Constitution, the House of Representatives has the power to impeach the president, vice president and any civil officer (which includes senators and representatives). There have been only 19 impeachments in our history -- 2 presidents, 1 senator, 1 Secretary of War (1876) and 15 federal judges.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: DBCowboy

Again, it speaks volumes that blockading a Democrat lead, Democrat initiated, only Democrat participating witch hunt is called "obstructing justice" by the Democrats. How in the hell do they fit in the House chamber door with their giant, inflated heads? This is obstructing a collective of assholes and developmentally disabled knob turners who were chosen, bafflingly, by other Americans to represent them and whom have eff all to do with justice, nothing more, nothing less.

How does it make you really feel??

see, this is what is going to doom the left in 2020

some folks are sick and tired of being sick and tired of the lefts antics

Pee or get a new Dossier already..

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: xuenchen

I think Trump is guilty of breaking the law and his oath to the Constitution. It's up to you Republicans to decide where your loyalty lies.

Mine lies in the Constitution.

Yours does not.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Democrats are doing what they keep accusing Trump of doing.

They can't win if they don't cheat 😃

This could be the biggest backfire since the November 9th 2016 Hillary 😃

But Joe Biden hasn't won the nomination so it can't completely compare.

edit on 8-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join