It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House formally tells Democrats it won’t cooperate with impeachment probe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well , First they have to ..........

Have the Majority in congress issue subpoenas , however, a Congressional Committee Must Meet 3 Requirements for their Investigative Subpoenas to be “Legally Sufficient” or have “Judicial Authority” , meaning a Subpoena that carries a Legal Penalty " Court Order " for Non-Compliance.

The Committee’s Investigation of the Broad Subject Area Must be Authorized by its Chamber . Then the Investigation Must pursue a " Valid Legislative Purpose” , but does not need to Involve Legislation , and does Not Need to Specify the Ultimate intent of Congress .

The Specific Inquiries Must be Pertinent to the Subject Matter area that has been Authorized for Investigation . Or
these “ Subpoenas ” from the Committees Do Not Meet the first hurdle . As of Today , 10/8/2019 , an “ Impeachment Inquiry” was Not Authorized by its Chamber. The Chamber for Each Committee is the Full House of Representatives , " Republicans Included " . The Trump Administration Has Every Right to Disavow ANY Subpoenas brought forth Against them Under Constitutional Law . This is How the Law Works in Our Country Thank God !

edit on 8-10-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: thedigirati

Lol... trumps wall money funneled through the great laundromat for the rich and famous probably..

link   
a reply to: Pyle

well I thank you for admitting what is going on with President Trump is political

I really appreciate it, whitewater was 25 years ago, you hold a grudge a long time huh??

I knew the left know this is all bogus politicing, no laws have been broken.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I am pretty sure it was the White House Lawyers who initiated this action. Trump has been targeted with frivilous actions by the Democrats with the Media backing them and edging them on. The charges being made are not legit, in fact the main reason that this is being done is to try to discredit a political candidate for the upcoming presidential election by tricking the public into believing something that is not really true. People are not that smart, that is getting more and more evident these days.

Both parties do this, but never to the extent of deceit that has recently happened over the last three years. All of these investigations by the Democrats seem to be just scams, and they try to block any investigations done by Republicans. It has been a witch hunt for over three years. I don't personally care for Trump's personality but he has been succeeding at some of the stuff he has done to try to make our economy and nation more secure. On the other hand, the Democrats must want everything to flop and many citizens put into jeopardy by leaving people into this country that have not been properly vetted. I think they want us fearing everything instead of trying to make the nation more safe and secure. Promoting fear by citizens to promote their support of those who rule is a very old tactic of governments. It has been going on for thousands of years, Democrats did not invent it. They sure are promoting fear though, along with fear comes turmoil

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: DBCowboy
We should start impeachment inquiries on Warren, Biden, and Sanders (bless his heart) just to make sure.

That would be fine with me but from what I've read no representative or senator can be impeached. They can only be removed by the voters at the ballot box or by their own house members voting them out. That will never happen and most voters are uneducated and/or just don't care so that won't happen either.

A senator or Rep can't be impeached, but they can be expelled. The only difference is it is the chamber they serve that votes on that expulsion and it requires a 2/3rds majority same as the Senate vote on impeachment. Otherwise, it is identical. A censure is the next highest form of penalty the chamber can hit a seated member with and requires only a basic majority... Elizabeth Warren was the last Senator to receive one, as far as I know, recevied for blatantly lying about and castigating the character of Jeff Sessions.

Right. My point was that all of the "impeach Pelosi" or "impeach Schiff" etc. talk is from people that don't understand the process. I get tired of that along with so many people calling our country a democracy, when it isn't and has never been one. A little education would go a long with with some people.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Lol... trumps wall money funneled through the great laundromat for the rich and famous probably..

No unlike Pelosi and her child, None of it came from the Ukraine

have a cookie anyways 🍪

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'm completely flabbergasted. I'm stunned. Shocked, really. I don't know what to say. I don't even know what I'm saying right now.

I totally thought Trump was going to cooperate.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Banquo
No post from hannamanny? Did her funds dry up?

waiting on second shift to come back from lunch and let her know what the new talking points are. I still go with bot, just a creative programmer. But Troll works as well.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Didnt say it came from ukraine..
I said it came out of the money he got to build his wall..
Which I hear my rumors and stories. One i heard recently was that all that money is gone.. supposedly given to mexico as "humanitarian aide" for the refugees they got stuck with.
Think the idea that it got somehow diverted into his campaign is more believable..

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

We should start impeachment inquiries on Warren, Biden, and Sanders (bless his heart) just to make sure.

That would be fine with me but from what I've read no representative or senator can be impeached. They can only be removed by the voters at the ballot box or by their own house members voting them out. That will never happen and most voters are uneducated and/or just don't care so that won't happen either.

A senator or Rep can't be impeached, but they can be expelled. The only difference is it is the chamber they serve that votes on that expulsion and it requires a 2/3rds majority same as the Senate vote on impeachment. Otherwise, it is identical. A censure is the next highest form of penalty the chamber can hit a seated member with and requires only a basic majority... Elizabeth Warren was the last Senator to receive one, as far as I know, recevied for blatantly lying about and castigating the character of Jeff Sessions.

Right. My point was that all of the "impeach Pelosi" or "impeach Schiff" etc. talk is from people that don't understand the process. I get tired of that along with so many people calling our country a democracy, when it isn't and has never been one. A little education would go a long with with some people.

You missed my point.

Apologies.

Perhaps I wasn't clear.

Like the left, we need to start investigating the potential presidential candidates on the left (like they did with Trump) in order to find something.

We should just lie our way through the FISA courts (like the left did) so we can start spying on them (like the left did).

Hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Surly him not cooperating makes this look even worse for him?

Actually, it shows the Democrats won’t allow him due process, which is a violation of his rights.

We are only at the investigative stage, no charges have been brought yet, so what part of due process is being violated?

The right to call witnesses, the right to cross examine, the right for the Republicans in the House to participate...

This isn't an investigation.

It's a coup attempt, an attempt to influence the 2020 election.

Nothing more.

You are thinking of a trial, you call witnesses and cross examine them in a trial, which in this case would be held in the senate and has nothing to do with what the house is doing.

I am thinking of an impeachment inquiry in a House subcommittee.

You know, how it has ALWAYS been done in American history until now.

Read more.

OH, I see you are upset that they have a lawyer getting depositions? You dont normally have get to call witnesses or cross examine people in depositions, you just have your own deposition of the same person and ask them the questions you want. But for the defense that normally happens after charges are brought.

I'm assuming that you don't know a lot about the actual process then...

Here's a fun one for you.

The Chair of the Intelligence Committee, by its own rules, does not have subpoena power until a simple majority vote to go ahead is taken in the Committee.

Schiff, for all his bluster and lying, cannot formerly subpoena anyone right now.

Seen that on the news a lot?

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Absolutely true.

And there is an option to stand a large group that committed a crime and have an all or nothing vote...say for example a conspiracy to commit treason by means of a coup attempt or just group participation in sedition.

The accused members of the House stand before the House and have no vote on the matter, only those that are not accused vote.

So if there was a vote for an official impeachment inquiry that had no realistic grounds for impeachment (at best an example of a colossal waste of time, energy and money for political purposes) then everyone that voted for it could possibly stand accused and be voted out. But if just one was found innocent of such malfeasance, then they all walk.

And there would be some bitter feelings in the House to say the least. But at this point no one could really tell the difference.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

You missed my point.

Apologies.

Perhaps I wasn't clear.

Like the left, we need to start investigating the potential presidential candidates on the left (like they did with Trump) in order to find something.

We should just lie our way through the FISA courts (like the left did) so we can start spying on them (like the left did).

Hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

No no no... that was a reply to burdman, not you. I agreed with you.
edit on 8-10-2019 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

link   

Not if people understand the charges against him are BS - which a ton of people do.

Granted the media will do every thing in their power to lie about that - but it is not going to be enough.

They think it will be - but it won't - there aren't that many stupid voters.

edit on 8-10-2019 by proximo because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Ya he can, he just needs to call in the members of his committee for the vote.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Actually, it shows the Democrats won’t allow him due process, which is a violation of his rights.

We are only at the investigative stage, no charges have been brought yet, so what part of due process is being violated?

The part where they have closed door sessions with witnesses than Schiff goes on TV and totally lies about the testimony - and the vast majority of the media only reports his lies.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Our president isn't cooperating with these phony and illegitimate scumbags????

"I like it!"

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Know what this reminds me of?

When a Nigerian Prince sends you and invitation to earn some money and all you need to do is give him your bank account number. . . and you don't, well people are saying, "Golly! Why didn't you cooperate!"

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post]Lumenari [/post]Here's a fun one for you.

The Chair of the Intelligence Committee, by its own rules, does not have subpoena power until a simple majority vote to go ahead is taken in the Committee. Schiff, for all his bluster and lying, cannot formerly subpoena anyone right now. Seen that on the news a lot?

So explain to me how the House is getting away with all of this? Why isn't anyone calling them out on it in a major way? Where is the fight from the Republicans? Doing so in a hearing means nothing, most people don't watch the hearings. They need to hold press conferences, take out full page ads in the major newspapers, TV ads, Internet ads, etc. but do we see this? No! Why not? We, the People, can see what's happening but it seems like the Republicans in Washington don't really care about it.

It's very, very frustrating.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

How do you know hes lying? Maybe it's the republicans that are. And yes, I have listened to the republican version of the story also... from various media outlets.
It's just that I've learned not to trust them as far as I could throw them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join