It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House formally tells Democrats it won’t cooperate with impeachment probe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The White House on behalf of Donald Trump President has delivered a letter to the House and says they will not be cooperating with the sham impeachment attempt !!!

Yup The White House says it's all BS and mostly unconstitutional !!

The letter was specifically addressed to Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff, Elijah Cummings, and Eliot Engle.

Apparently, those are the 4 main players.

May the claws be sharp 😎

Well now what? 😃

Oct 8 2019 Letter pdf

White House formally tells Democrats it won’t cooperate with impeachment probe

The White House signaled that it will block any cooperation with the House’s impeachment inquiry, calling Democrats’ effort “illegitimate” and “dangerous,” setting up a constitutional clash with Congress.

In a letter to Speaker Nancy Pelosi and the three committee chairs leading the impeachment probe, White House counsel Pat Cipollone all but declared that the Trump administration will refuse to engage with a process it considers to be constitutionally invalid.

Story Continued Below
“Given that your inquiry lacks any legitimate constitutional foundation, any pretense of fairness, or even the most elementary due process protections, the executive branch cannot be expected to participate in it,” Cipollone wrote.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

"Now what?"

Um. Impeachment still. They don't need him to cooperate to impeach him. Another President tried the same tactic and hint hint it didn't work out for him either.

+40 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Even if this was Obama I would agree with it. Vote on formal impeachment or go away. The Executive Branch should never be harassed without formal proceeding. Just because you want something does not entitle you to have it. There are rules. Follow them.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
His great and unmatched wisdom will prevail .

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

"Now what?"

Um. Impeachment still. They don't need him to cooperate to impeach him. Another President tried the same tactic and hint hint it didn't work out for him either.

There is no reason to comply with it right now. There has been no vote taken, so it's not a legal impeachment process at the moment.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This is news.

Of course Trump isn't going to cooperate. Who thought he would. Hands.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

"Now what?"

Yes that is the point, get to the damn vote now.
The Dems will drag their asses with BS hearings and grandstanding from now until election time otherwise.
Their lies and misinformation will be exposed faster this way.
Their plan will backfire enormously.
edit on 8-10-2019 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

this is so awesome OMG

so, the guns are loaded and pointed

just have to see who pulls the trigger first

I love dueling............

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Surly him not cooperating makes this look even worse for him?

+19 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Surly him not cooperating makes this look even worse for him?

No because without a formal vote to make it an actual impeachment proceeding, there are no legal grounds requiring any cooperation.

It is essentially a kangaroo court until the House votes and puts teeth in it.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

this is so awesome OMG

Imagine the Dems surprise when their guns go off and they realize they were all loaded with blanks.

link   

What gets me is why there are those who think this is anything but a scam by the Democrats.. Russian collusion did not work so go to plan "B" ! I would not be surprised if they had more fictitious made up plans for several other letters of the alphabet if Plan "B" does not work..

I really do hope this all backfires and several prominent politicians who actually did all the stuff Trump has been accused of end up in club fed on a work detail cutting grass on their knees with little bitty dull scissors !

+5 more 
link   

It's all coming to a head now. Prosecutor John Durham says he's found "criminal activities" from the Obama Administration. We already know that I.G. Horowitz did.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It's amazing how relevant this comment is now:

Hunter S. Thompson was well ahead of his time. Or maybe it's just that the scum he's talking about is still fighting for power but now has an entire propaganda network to make sure what happened to Nixon doesn't happen to the next thug that tries to occupy the Oval Office..

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Not opening an official investigation keeps it one sided with the dims in control. A proper investigation will fail so they need to stack the deck.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: thedigirati

this is so awesome OMG

Imagine the Dems surprise when their guns go off and they realize they were all loaded with blanks.

Pelosi and Schiff are running around shooting little cap pistols. There are big cannons being loaded, and preparing to fire at them, when President Trump gives the order.

They'll see first-hand what a REAL investigation delivers!

edit on 10/8/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

It's all coming to a head now. Prosecutor John Durham says he's found "criminal activities" from the Obama Administration. We already know that I.G. Horowitz did.

When Pelosi calls the emergency “What are we gonna do now?” meeting, she is going to say “We should have just worked with Trump, now we are all going down”

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: carewemust

When Pelosi calls the emergency “What are we gonna do now?” meeting, she is going to say “We should have just worked with Trump, now we are all going down”

ALL Democrats who thought President Trump wouldn't KEEP ANOTHER PROMISE when he said, "I'll hit them back like they've never been hit before!", is living in a fantasy land. They'll get EXACTLY what they deserve for their lack of comprehension.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
If people actually think (truly believe) that one person in the house of reps should be able to unilaterally act in this manner (no vote) and have it be enforceable, they should just move to China. The precedent is clear even if the constitution isn't 100% laid out. The spirit of the article is. A vote starts the process.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

There was a full vote called by ?Green? earlier this year. It failed miserably.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join