It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream news: UFO sightings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I'd like to start putting together a collection of UFO stories covered by the mainstream media. I have a couple but would appreciate anyone with info.

obviously, the "Phoenix Lights" come to mind right away.

Here's another sighting that happend in New Jersey.

would like to find more.....maybe we could draw a connection to all these.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
MSNBC reports UFO in Alaska

"The pilot has it on his radar, and then the pilot and the other two guys in the cockpit look out the window, and they see him over here, and they see him over there, and they see him over here, and for 31 minutes," Callahan says.
The FAA said the incident was due to a radar malfunction. The CIA believed the pilots, Callahan says, but it buried the story.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I'll do some searching in a bit. I was thinking of doing something similar. Great idea.......

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
These are various clippings from newspapers
www.project1947.com...

This person tried to report a ufo sighting to their local NBC station,and they blew him off.
www.ufowisconsin.com...

TRANSCRIPT FROM MICHIGAN UNSOLVED MYSTERIES
(Aired May 21, 1993 on the 10:00 pm News, Channel 4, Detroit NBC Affiliate)
www.michiganufos.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
CNN:

LONDON, England -- It could have been an "X-Files" episode: More than 20 years ago, U.S. airmen reported seeing a "strange glowing object" near a British air base.

The bizarre sighting, which occurred near RAF Woodbridge in eastern England in the early hours of December 27, 1980, is detailed in the government's restricted "Rendlesham File."

The report, dozens of pages long, is only now being released as part of an opening-up of the inner workings of the UK government.

In the report, entitled "Unexplained Lights," a U.S. Air Force lieutenant colonel told how he witnessed an object emitting a "red sun-like light" moving through the trees of Rendlesham forest.

Two U.S. security patrolmen first spotted "unusual lights" outside the back gate of RAF Woodbridge, according to Lt. Col. Charles I. Halt's report.

After gaining permission, the two men and a third patrolman investigated the lights.

"The individuals reported seeing a strange glowing object in the forest," wrote Halt, who was deputy base commander at RAF Bentwaters, adjacent to Woodbridge.

"The object was described as being metallic in appearance and triangular in shape, approximately two to three metres across the base and approximately two metres high.

full story

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I like this one. Jimmy Carter an ex-president....

Jan. 22 � It was just another fun night at the Lion�s Club for Jimmy Carter � when suddenly from the sky a UFO �as bright as the moon� flashed before his eyes.
more.abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
I like this one. Jimmy Carter an ex-president....

Jan. 22 � It was just another fun night at the Lion�s Club for Jimmy Carter � when suddenly from the sky a UFO �as bright as the moon� flashed before his eyes.
more.abcnews.go.com...

Awesome find Nyeff

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'm at work, so I can't be as detailed as I'd like to be, but...

some classic UFO sightings (that received wide media attention) were:

The 1952 (and 53, also, I believe) Washington UFO overflights, which were caught on film.

The RB-47 case I mentioned in a thread that's dropped down a bit (which included radar as well as visual sightings)... this incident was a lengthy one (read about it in my thread).

The Lubbock lights (i'll have to check the year), wherein an entire town in texas saw overflights of large, boomerang shaped UFOs.

The Southern Illinois lights (about 4 years ago, several police officers witnessed the overflight of a big black triangle/delta in the towns on the outskirts of the illinois side of st. louis).

the Lonnie Zamora sighting of 1964, wherein a policeman saw a landed UFO.

Various fighter interceptions that occured prior to about 1953 (when the USAF began to punish pilots for reporting ufos). Many of these sightings were recorded by fighters with radar on board, or while a radar was following the events from the ground (see the missing F-89 thread from two weeks ago).

The Cash-Landrum incident from 1980(?) or 81...

After work, I'll post a more thorough reply.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Oh...

and, of course...

The original Kenneth Arnold sighting from 1947.

Jim

PS You might also want to look into something jokingly referred to as the 'Battle of Los Angeles'. In 1942, several unidentified craft began flying over the city. Thinking that they were japanese planes, the local commander ordered his anti-aircraft guns to bring them down. Now, as it turns out, after the war there were no records of any air raid on LA... and those 'UFO's were definitely not american. So?

This incident evolved into a tale wherein a UFO was recovered in 1942 in california... A tale which i've never seen verified like Roswell (to some extent) has...

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   

thought this might be useful

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Holy smokes,I like it.....

If nothing else I will find a use for it.

top topics

join