It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone assistance for the Kurds to replace the leaving troops.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If the troops leave would US drone assistance be available to replace them?
This keeps the troops out of harms way and provides the Kurds with air assistance...

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Supporting US allies with US drone Intelligence.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Eff the whole ME as far as I am concerned. Peeps dont realize it, but the USAF has been in CONSTANT wartime status since 9/11 with zero break. It is killing airplanes and people.

Let those 5th class POS fools die as far as I am concerned.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Let those 5th class POS fools die as far as I am concerned.

They are human too. I wouldn't be surprised if some non Humans felt the same way about humanity entirely for not caring about itself overall.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
No, I don't think we should. I think all the Kurd sympathizers should go over there and quit expecting US soldiers to sacrifice their lives for this pointless war. I also think it's hilarious seeing the same people who nonstop complain about having troops in the ME do a 180 once Trump starts pulling troops out of the ME. It's like bizarro world on ATS the last couple of days.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
No, I don't think we should. I think all the Kurd sympathizers should go over there and quit expecting US soldiers to sacrifice their lives for this pointless war. I also think it's hilarious seeing the same people who nonstop complain about having troops in the ME do a 180 once Trump starts pulling troops out of the ME. It's like bizarro world on ATS the last couple of days.

It's not black or white, it's a complicated topic.

I'm all for scaling back on wars in the ME. From my understanding though, these troops aren't coming home, hell, they're not even leaving Syria. They're going from northern Syria, to another part.

It's also about 50-100 special ops advisers.

So while it's a small step, it's a step in the right direction.... But that doesn't mean people shouldn't talk about it in depth, and it doesn't mean we all need to lick Trump's boots either.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

We've been talking about it since Obama was elected. How many more decades do you support out troops being killed to try and mediate a war between a bunch of people that have been killing each other for centuries? You say we should stop licking Trump's boots, but when is everyone going to stop licking the MIC's boots?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
No, they can work out their own issues. Maybe they should have been nicer.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
On V. Putin birthday...

7 OCTOBER 2019
President Trump’s shock announcement late Sunday that the US is to withdraw its forces from the Syrian-Turkish borders, to allow Turkish forces to move into Syria, has left Kurds feeling betrayed. But the real winner is Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad.

This is not news. Assad has been winning for some time, thanks to generous Russian support and the many thousands of foreign militias fighting on ground for him – and the seeming inability of the international community to act to put an end to his crimes.

However, this time it is different. He is winning without fighting. His enemies are going to hand him victory.

Let’s recapture what happened. Inspired by the Arab Spring protests elsewhere, the Syrian people took to the streets in 2011. The peaceful protests lasted a year, and Assad’s forces cracked down on them with escalating brutality.

After a year, driven by the growing feeling among protesters that they needed to defend themselves, the Syrian revolution was militarised. It soon became the battlefield for a civil war that sucked in many regional and international players, and would eventually give birth to ISIS.

Meanwhile, an ethnic minority in Syria were living in relative peace and calm. Kurds, who come from a region covering parts of northern Iraq, eastern Turkey, and southern Syria are the world’s largest stateless group. Kurdistan, in northern Iraq, has been autonomous and self-governing since 1991, but its independence has never been formally recognised by the international community.

The Syrian Kurds were denied all rights under the Assad regime. They had been the first to revolt against Assad in a previous uprising in 2004, only to be brutally suppressed.

www.newstatesman.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Message transmitted-
Good luck

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

You don't get it do you. Trump is Allowing, perhaps encouraging the Turks to invade Kurdish land in Irag. It's already begun. The Kurds (who are Christian) will be decimated for oil.

Trump has no values whatsoever - no decency - no reason - no backbone. Anything for a compliment. He's the world's dictator's dupe.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd
Yes I get it. I figured if the US troops are being relocated that maybe some drones can be used to support the allies/Kurds.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Why does everyone think we have to be boots on the ground, all we have to do is sell them the technology and they can beat just about everyone in the region alone.

I also dont think Assad is just going to roll over and let turkey snip a part of his country, this might just be what he needs to re-unite Syria under his rule. ETA: IE he will follow through on the agreement he already signed with the kurds and send help against the turks.

edit on 8-10-2019 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Incorrect, most Kurds practice Islam and the invasion in question by Turkey is in to northern Syria although there is a Kurdish autonomous region in northern Iraq.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

While Ankara's operation is now imminent, its plans could be hampered by the Pentagon's decision on Monday to remove Turkey from the "air tasking order" in northeast Syria and revoke its access to surveillance intelligence.

Kasapoglu outlined two options for Turkish air operations.

The first would be to ignore the US and carry out flights with F-16 and F-4 fighter bombers.

The other choice would be to use armed aerial drones to back up ground troops, although these would not be able to carry the heavy weapon payloads of manned aircraft.

Aljazeera

Peace

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Meh...just tired of it all. Like i said..its been 28 years of war. TENTY EIGHT. thats ridiculous and whats it gotten the world?

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   
It's brought the world lots of grief attempting to defend the innocent. Why simultaneously feeding the investors in war more profit.

a reply to: lakenheath24
It is important to have/watch the back of those who had ours however so instead of leaving a power void as the US troops withdraw that can destabilize US allies in the Syrian regions, I felt maybe share the idea of arming the Kurds who supported US with drone intelligence managed by US intelligence.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It bears to study the history of the Muhajadeen in Afghanistan. We abandoned them as well, giving rise to Bin Laden. AS I posted somewhere as well, there are literally thousands of kids in concentration camps in Syria...who will grow up to be radicals. Ahhh, but who gives a rats ass about history, eh!

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
It bears to study the history of the Muhajadeen in Afghanistan. We abandoned them as well, giving rise to Bin Laden. AS I posted somewhere as well, there are literally thousands of kids in concentration camps in Syria...who will grow up to be radicals. Ahhh, but who gives a rats ass about history, eh!

Indeed it is extremely important to study history as to not make the same mistakes of the past.I don't think many who are ok with turning backs on allies understood or understand what it takes to actually radicalize the hate into aggressive actions that CAN reach the Homeland. Good points

new topics

top topics

join