It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Betsy Devos Could Face Jail After Judge Rules She Violated 2018 Order On Student Loans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Education Secretary Betsy DeVos has been threatened with the possibility of jail after a judge deemed she was violating a court order for continuing to collect student debts on a now-defunct school.

That ruling, handed down in June of 2018, was made by U.S. Magistrate Judge Sallie Kim and prevented DeVos and her Department of Education for going after former students at the bankrupt Corinthian Colleges Inc.

BETSY DEVOS COULD FACE JAIL AFTER JUDGE RULES SHE VIOLATED 2018 ORDER ON STUDENT LOANS

Umm...ruh roh!

lol - see ya Betsy...it was fun knowing you briefly.

edit on 8-10-2019 by Ahabstar because: All Caps Title

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The best people! Tremendous progress!

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
this is speculation

I think this is the IRS and not the Education department.

it also could be an automated process that was not stopped quick enough.

so Mrs DeVos will not be goinig any where.

(disclaimer the DeVos Family lives here locally)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
this is speculation

I think this is the IRS and not the Education department.

it also could be an automated process that was not stopped quick enough.

so Mrs DeVos will not be goinig any where.

(disclaimer the DeVos Family lives here locally)

Muli-billionaire. She is not going to prison. Closest she will get to confinement is sleeping in the cabin on one of her 10 yachts. Why does someone need 10 yachts I do not know but to each their own.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Betsy Devos is married to the former CEO of Amway, a multi-level marketing pyramid scheme that's fleeced thousands of not too bright people out of their money.

And her brother Erik Prince is the founder of Blackwater. I doubt anything more needs to be said about that.

This is who the Secretary of Education is..

edit on 8-10-2019 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

You're close. She is married to the son of Richard Devos, one of the founders of Amway.

edit on 8-10-2019 by elkabong57 because: ff

Ps. Screw Amway.

edit on 8-10-2019 by elkabong57 because: snark

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Betsy Devos is married to the person who started Amway, a multi-level marketing pyramid scheme that's fleeced thousands of not too bright people out of their money.

And her brother Erik Prince is the founder of Blackwater. I doubt anything more needs to be said about that.

It was ruled not a pyramid scheme by the Federal Government. Still in business.

Blackwater would not be needed if we start the draft back up. Would you prefer the draft?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

And while Amway was seen as an almost joke in the US, they managed to get a foothold in Russia, and it was long-rumored at the Amway was actually a CIA project just to get inside Russia.

That's a c i a family if I ever saw one and that's probably why they need so many yachts.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock

Betsy Devos is married to the person who started Amway, a multi-level marketing pyramid scheme that's fleeced thousands of not too bright people out of their money.

Blackwater would not be needed if we start the draft back up. Would you prefer the draft?

Are you really going to sit here and argue in favor of MLMs? Need some essential oils or leggings?

These businesses are parasites that prey on gullible people and wipe the majority of them out financially. And we have a woman who's filthy rich because of them as Secretary of Education.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: elkabong57

You're close. She is married to the son of Richard Devos, one of the founders of Amway.

Ps. Screw Amway.

My bad. Former CEO.

DeVos is married to Dick DeVos, the former CEO of the multi-level marketing company Amway, and is the daughter-in-law of Amway's billionaire co-founder, Richard DeVos.

Link

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Are you really going to sit here and argue in favor of MLMs? Need some essential oils or leggings?

These businesses are parasites that prey on gullible people and wipe the majority of them out financially. And we have a woman who's filthy rich because of them as Secretary of Education.

I hate Amway but it's not a pyramid scheme. This went to Federal court and they are legally not a pyramid scheme. Just saying. Believe what you want though.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I hate Amway but it's not a pyramid scheme. This went to Federal court and they are legally not a pyramid scheme. Just saying. Believe what you want though.

I have nothing for you,” said Frank Dorman, a spokesman for the Federal Trade Commission. “Lots of reporters have asked that question. Our final response is, We’re not going to answer it.”

What had I asked that was so sensitive that the F.T.C. wouldn’t respond? I had requested that the agency explain what distinguished an illegal “pyramid scheme” from a legal multilevel marketing company.

Link

You can argue that Amway isn't an MLM all you like. It doesn't change their business model being a pyramid. And it doesn't change all the people who have been fleeced by this company. They are the same as Herbalife, Lula Roe, all of them. The FTC being derelict in its duties doesn't mean they aren't a pyramid scheme.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Suprised she did not get some of her brothers goons to collect the (debt

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Good luck with that............

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
She'll never go to jail, unfortunately. But this may be enough to force her out of her position. Which is a very good thing.

She has literally done nothing in that position, other than draw in a huge paycheck. Which is a best case scenario.

She destroyed Detroit's schooling system and was primed to do the same to the rest of the country.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

originally posted by: pavil

Good luck with that............

Good luck with what? I don't have a dog in this fight. I just find the whole thing entertaining as hell.

Oh, and I think she's brain-dead and totally unqualified for any cabinet level position.

But what do I know?

edit on 10/8/2019 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Imet Ed Prince when I worked for Prince corp years ago, he was a very nice fellow, I could have joined blackwater early but passed on it, My wife did not want me away from home so long.

Both Prince's and DeVos' live not far from me

they have a private helipad, they both have beautiful homes here.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

She'll never go to jail, unfortunately.

Nope. She's the daughter of a rich man who married a rich man who bought her position in government. She won't face any time at all. Yet a young man who over sleeps on his first day of jury duty gets 10 days in jail...

Link

There is clearly a different justice system for the elite that the rest of us never get the benefits of. And by supporting people like Betsy Devos, people are sending out the message that that's ok.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

why would she go to Jail over a computer glitch??

that is all this will turn out to be.

why are you acting all facist???

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

why would she go to Jail over a computer glitch??

that is all this will turn out to be.

Why are you bending over backwards to excuse the behavior of the elites?

Why do you support billionaire politicians raping the middle class?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join