It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Civil War of 2005 as predicted by John Titor

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roth Joint
Hmmm.... lets count... how many discoveries and inventions we are "enjoying" nowadays were categorized "impossible" around a century ago?.... ...I give up... I lost count...

How many of the greatest discoveries and inventions ever in human and world history were discovered and invented in Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
I don't think its unreasonable to claim a story about someone who claims he can time travel backwards and forwards in time in a corvette with 2 mini black holes with technology developed in only 30 years in our future AFTER a nuclear war and the reason for the trip was only to come back in time for an IBM PC as nonsense.

Hmmm.... lets count... how many discoveries and inventions we are "enjoying" nowadays were categorized "impossible" around a century ago?.... ...I give up... I lost count...

we're not talking about a light bulb and a century, we're talking time travel (forwards and backwards) only 30 years, AFTER a nuclear war. Since JT ripped off Michio Kaku, lets here from the man himself on how long it might take for us to manipulate time. Its only about a million years credit to Space Time News of Razimus.com

razimus.com...

Thanks for the e-mail. For my thoughts about time travel, see www.mkaku.org, also Parallel Worlds.

I think the person you mentioned is a fake. Mini black holes do not have the power to bend time, and CERN certainly has not produced any. The LHC will be turned on in 2 years, and there is a small chance it might create a mini black hole, but these are sub-atomic in size and energy. Time travel may be possible, but not for a Type 0 civilization. Type III civilizations, however, may have access to the Planck energy, where this possibility opens up.

Michio Kaku
The following is a summary of the first four civilization types:

Type 0 civilizations extract their energy from solar, geothermal and wind power. Most of their power is from non-renewable fossil fuel resources; oil, coal and natural gases. They are beginning to explore their solar system.

Type I civilizations are efficient in controlling all of the resources of their planet and they can control the weather. They have explored their entire solar system and are beginning to explore their galaxy.

Type II civilizations can control all of the energy output from their suns using Dyson spheres. They are exploring other galaxies.

Type III civilizations can control the energy of a galaxy. They can extract the energy from stars and black holes. They are capable of manipulating Planck energy. This is the energy that exists at the center of black holes, where space-time is unstable. Controlling Planck energy could result in the control of worm holes leading to instantaneous travel across the universe. It is unknown what limits this type of civilization would have, they may have access to inter-dimensional travel. They may even be able to time travel.
Michio Kaku on Planck energy from mkaku.org:
The Planck energy only occurs at the center of black holes and the instant of the Big Bang. But with recent advances in quantum gravity and superstring theory, there is renewed interest among physicists about energies so vast that quantum effects rip apart the fabric of space and time. Although it is by no means certain that quantum physics allows for stable wormholes, this raises the remote possibility that a sufficiently advanced civilizations may be able to move via holes in space, like Alice's Looking Glass. And if these civilizations can successfully navigate through stable wormholes, then attaining a specific impulse of a million seconds is no longer a problem. They merely take a short-cut through the galaxy. This would greatly cut down the transition between a Type II and Type III civilization.
Despite the science fiction of John Titor, there will continue to be believers in his unbelievable tale. According to the leading theoretical quantum physicists it would be impossible for a Type 0 civilization to become a Type III civilization within 31 years. The leading theoretical physicists believe we may become a Type I civilization in a hundred years, Type II in a few thousand years, and Type III in a hundred thousand to a million years. That is if we don't destroy ourselves before we reach Type I status.

The flawed science in the Titor story is the reason the scientific community have never taken it seriously. As Michio Kaku said at this point CERN has not been successful in creating any black holes despite their efforts. According to Michio Kaku even if mini black holes were created they would not be capable of manipulating time let alone be the core of a time travel device.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
im glaf we got michio kakus opinion...but who is he? i mean what makes him anymore credible then the next person. im just wondering what makes his opinion so influential. also how did he know what CERN has or hasnt done? also another thing is how does he know the capablilities of what a black hole can do? most of his stuff just sounds like untested theories to me. personally i just see him as another aspect to the story more then anything else.

picture 1900, compare to 2000. now imagen another science breakthrough that leads us to a field of new technology we never seen before. im not saying its going to happen, but one great mind can possibily unlock new doors for us we never knew existed.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
im glaf we got michio kakus opinion...but who is he? i mean what makes him anymore credible then the next person. im just wondering what makes his opinion so influential. also how did he know what CERN has or hasnt done? also another thing is how does he know the capablilities of what a black hole can do? most of his stuff just sounds like untested theories to me. personally i just see him as another aspect to the story more then anything else.

picture 1900, compare to 2000. now imagen another science breakthrough that leads us to a field of new technology we never seen before. im not saying its going to happen, but one great mind can possibily unlock new doors for us we never knew existed.

www.mkaku.org...

Dr. Michio Kaku is the co-founder of String Field Theory, and is the author of international best-selling books such as Hyperspace, Visions, and Beyond Einstein.

Dr. Kaku also holds the Henry Semat Professorship in Theoretical Physics at the City University of New York.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

How many of the greatest discoveries and inventions ever in human and world history were discovered and invented in Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

Hiroshima and Nagasaki are modern thriving cities nowadays. Where have you been when Japan's technological infrastructure grew to the nearest competitor of the United States?

Furthermore this proves that "life goes on" as usual, even after one or more nuclear attacks.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I don't think its unreasonable to claim a story about someone who claims he can time travel backwards and forwards in time in a corvette with 2 mini black holes with technology developed in only 30 years in our future AFTER a nuclear war and the reason for the trip was only to come back in time for an IBM PC as nonsense.

we're not talking about a light bulb and a century, we're talking time travel (forwards and backwards) only 30 years, AFTER a nuclear war. Since JT ripped off Michio Kaku, lets here from the man himself on how long it might take for us to manipulate time.

A light bulb? Are you kidding me? Computertechnology? Biotechnology? Nanotechnology? Nuclear Technology? Cloning? And you are talking about a light bulb?

Furthermore it's interesting how you at one hand refer to Michio Kaku's explorations on "multiple worlds" as science fiction, yet on the other hand quote him as a credible scientist.

Now which is it syrinx? Is Michio Kaku talking nonsense or not?

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
ah yes ive actually read the beyond einstien book. this to me makes him more credible but still not 100% because this is a new field and still is theoretical, its not like its fact or anything close. we know so little to start stating what can or cannot happen with a black hole. we know the basics of a black hole but we still know very little to come to any conclusions yet. thats how i feel. once some actual science backs it up instead of just calculations or less then it will become alot more credible.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

in the holiday spirit of giving, I would like to give the community an interesting point of view on JT,which discusses things we have missed, like economics
cheers !
www.livejournal.com...

That's more like a real contribution syrinx. And a very good one too, although you are also aware of the fact that it might be considered off topic. In my opinion it is not.
Going back to the first civil war one must also study the reasons it occured. Many think it just had to do with the freeing of the slaves. That is not quite true. It had more to do with economics and the monetary system. Does any one here know why Abraham Lincoln created the "greenback" dollar? What was the monetary system he tried to break?

Now look at today. What is the real battle all about? It has to do with dollar vs euro and the value of both. And the battle for oil resources. So if you're looking for a reason for a civil war all you have to do is study the banking system today and how it is creating slavery all over again.

And the constitution of America? What is it worth now that Bush admitted that he has the right to spy on Americans? Why is he doing that? Are those who don't support him and his policy also considered terrorists now?

You know it doesn't really matter if John Titor was a time traveller or not. Maybe it was someone who just invented that part to make it more attractive. He might be someone who knows the agenda of those who are striving to create a civil war and leaked some of the information in such a way that people would get into it.
I already knew and read about this agenda as far back as 1982. So there is nothing "new" in his story that I didn't already know. Not even the part on economy. And I had some of the things he mentioned about WWIII on my own website in 1997. I even had prophecies on my site dating from as far back as the 16th century. I have a large collection of prophecies, but I only refer to those that I consider authentic, because I have discoverd that some are manipulated. But JT doesn't say he is a prophet. But what you very rarely find is a certain year when something will happen. In case of JT is appears to be almost a desperate move to wake up people who don't understand the reality of things today.

I would have no trouble at all debunking John Titor as a fake time traveller if I wanted to. I have enough sources where I could prove that most all of the information has been known for decades, if not even centuries (exept the bicycle tires. That's unique). But would it be worth my time and trouble to do so? No, because it's up to every single person to do so on their own. It is the only way to get others to study the true nature of information itself.

And those who are still waiting for a civil war should also look for reasons why a civil war could take place. And of course try to understand.

Peter Paul

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Peter Paul, you took the words right out of my mouth!

After the URL provided by syrinx I was about to post a URL that is much more on topic in my opinion:

abcnews.go.com...
Judge Resigns Over Secret Surveillance
WASHINGTON Dec 21, 2005 — A federal judge has resigned from a special court set up to oversee government surveillance, apparently in protest of President Bush's secret authorization of a domestic spying program on people with suspected terrorist ties. "This was definitely a statement of protest," said Scott Silliman, a former Air Force attorney and Duke University law professor. "It is unusual because it signifies that at least one member of the court believes that the president has exceeded his legal authority."

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Hiroshima and Nagasaki are modern thriving cities nowadays. Where have you been when Japan's technological infrastructure grew to the nearest competitor of the United States?

Furthermore this proves that "life goes on" as usual, even after one or more nuclear attacks.

You didn't answer my question.

Plus, Japan had HUGE backing (finacially and otherwise) from the US after the war, there's no way they'd be where they are today without it. Titor never once mentions any other countries helping us.
Researching, creating, testing, testing some more, then actually using a time machine and time machine technology would take time and cost billions upon billions of dollars. You're telling me that in just 20 years after 10 years of civil war, then a NUCLEAR war on top of that (that cost the lives of half the world's population and forever changed the face of the earth) they have the money, resources, manpower and technology to do something we can't even do now with plenty of money, resources, time, and technology?

riiiiiight

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
would any of the titorites care to pause in your attacks on me and respond to kaku's specific comments on titor ? he isn't just spouting theory, he is specifically referring to good old JT.

so i've brought to the party two, 2, TWO respected physicists who SPECIFICALLY address the JT story.

both agree, its poppycock.

can anyone match that ? 2 authentic, respected physicists that have read titors posts, and support his science ?

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   

would any of the titorites care to pause in your attacks on me and respond to kaku's specific comments on titor ? he isn't just spouting theory, he is specifically referring to good old JT.
so i've brought to the party two, 2, TWO respected physicists who SPECIFICALLY address the JT story.both agree, its poppycock.
can anyone match that ? 2 authentic, respected physicists that have read titors posts, and support his science ?

First: I am not a "titorite". So please don't use a word like that to tag me.
Second: No one is "attacking" you unless it is you youself who is "attacking" others. You are the one that states an opinion just as anyone else. The answers that you get are what everyone understands as "feedback". Stop complaining. If you don't want an answer to what you believe, then just keep your opinions to yourself. That is the best way to avoid confrontations.
Third: You seek refuge and protection of your own belief by bringing in TWO respected scientists. Their theories don't even come close to disproving JT. What is a theory in the first place? And what do their theories have to do with this string: the civil war according to JT?
Fourth: I am authentic myself and dare challenge their theories. Is there any law in the universe that says I am not allowed to do so?
Fifth: Sryinx, I am an authentic prophet. But according to the rules on this forum this is not the place where I am allowed to post my very own visions of future events. You will either have to wait until ATS approves me doing so, or I decide to create a site of my own.

And if you can hold on just a little bit longer I will pass on enough information that will keep you and many others busy for the next few years to help you adjust to future events that are now becoming more and more visible. Just keep in mind, if your theories don't help anyone in everyday life, then you just might as well keep staring at the sun and the moon and the stars until the dissapear out of sight.
I wonder how many Americans are enfuriated this very moment over a remote controled President and don't even care how many strings a string theory has or how many dimensions are within other dimensions. Why don't you go to those and ask them why they couldn't care less if JT ever existed or not? Roth just pointed it out: even the best of the very best men of law are resigning.
I'm pretty sure it's not because they are not patriots or cowards.

Think about that too sryinx.
Peter Paul

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Thats all well and nice, peterpaul, but whatever has been said up to this juncture in time, including what you have said, will not and does not in any way, shape, or form change that JT is a hoax and that there will be no 2005 American civil war as predicted.

Now, as an authentic--which I am confused by how prophecy/prediction and authentic go hand-in-hand--prophet, peterpaul, do you forsee the fulfillment of JT's American civil war prediction within the remaining year or do you likewise refute the authentic predictive abilities of one named John Titor?

seekerof

[edit on 22-12-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by peterpaul
Fifth: Sryinx, I am an authentic prophet. But according to the rules on this forum this is not the place where I am allowed to post my very own visions of future events. You will either have to wait until ATS approves me doing so, or I decide to create a site of my own

peter, there is life outside this thread you know. ATS is a huge site.
Just look around.
You can post personal predicitons (visions, dreams, etc.) over in BTS. You don't need approval.
Here's where you post them:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

so i've brought to the party two, 2, TWO respected physicists who SPECIFICALLY address the JT story.

both agree, its poppycock.

Why don't you find a physicists who has won a Nobel Prize in Physics, to explain away the John Titor story.

We have already proven Dr.Brown is wrong and is full of poppycock. That is because Dr.Brown thinks inside of a box, not outside the box. www.abovetopsecret.com...
Einstein wins... Dr.Brown seems to forgotten that matter, space, and time are linked together.

So far Zero physicists have scientifically proven Titor wrong !!!

Here is a key quote from Michio Kaku,

I think the person you mentioned is a fake.

He thinks!!! Michio Kaku is not 100% sure.

You know why Kaku is not 100% sure, because he has written several books like "Parallel Worlds (Doubleday)"
He knows mathematically you will fall outside our universe through a wormhole into a parallel universe. He also knows it may be possible to travel via a Kerr black hole, but the only clinch is Kaku believes a Type III civilization can do these kind of things.

The other problem with Michio Kaku is ranking civilizations by their energy consumption. We have none to compare with except ours !!! Not only that, we've come up in energy uses in a remarkable time in just a couple of centuries compared to billions of years, by 2036 our energy consumption probably will have greatly increased.

Since JT ripped off Michio Kaku

You say John Titor rips Michio Kaku, what about Kaku ripping off Russian astrophysicist Nicolai Kardashev !!!
It was in 1964 that Kardashev theorized advanced civilizations to be grouped according to three types: Type I, II, and III

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   

You're telling me that in just 20 years after 10 years of civil war, then a NUCLEAR war on top of that (that cost the lives of half the world's population and forever changed the face of the earth) they have the money, resources, manpower and technology to do something we can't even do now with plenty of money, resources, time, and technology?

riiiiiight

Yes I tell you it's possible. And you know why? Because I have faith in America's capability. Especially in a post-nuclear world where oil has become scarce and the need to work together in order to invent more efficient technologies have never before become so important to insure the survival of humans.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles
We have already proven Dr.Brown is wrong and is full of poppycock. That is because Dr.Brown thinks inside of a box, not outside the box. Einstein wins... Dr.Brown seems to forgotten that matter, space, and time are linked together.

So far Zero physicists have scientifically proven Titor wrong !!! You know why Kaku is not 100% sure, because he has written several books like "Parallel Worlds (Doubleday)" He knows mathematically you will fall outside our universe through a wormhole into a parallel universe. He also knows it may be possible to travel via a Kerr black hole, but the only clinch is Kaku believes a Type III civilization can do these kind of things.

The other problem with Michio Kaku is ranking civilizations by their energy consumption. We have none to compare with except ours !!! Not only that, we've come up in energy uses in a remarkable time in just a couple of centuries compared to billions of years, by 2036 our energy consumption probably will have greatly increased.

You say John Titor rips Michio Kaku, what about Kaku ripping off Russian astrophysicist Nicolai Kardashev !!! It was in 1964 that Kardashev theorized advanced civilizations to be grouped according to three types: Type I, II, and III

XPhiles, what a great, great post!!

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by peterpaul
Why don't you go to those and ask them why they couldn't care less if JT ever existed or not? Roth just pointed it out: even the best of the very best men of law are resigning.
I'm pretty sure it's not because they are not patriots or cowards

Exactly... and this is a huge sign on the wall.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

You're telling me that in just 20 years after 10 years of civil war, then a NUCLEAR war on top of that (that cost the lives of half the world's population and forever changed the face of the earth) they have the money, resources, manpower and technology to do something we can't even do now with plenty of money, resources, time, and technology?

riiiiiight

Yes I tell you it's possible. And you know why? Because I have faith in America's capability. Especially in a post-nuclear world where oil has become scarce and the need to work together in order to invent more efficient technologies have never before become so important to insure the survival of humans.

You're not thinking logically.
1. Time. When are you going to have time to research and develop that technology? You'd first have to establish order in the country. After a war in which the whole country is devestated, that's going to take time. You would have to establish a whole new government. Then you have to rebuild. All that will take years upon years, and would need to be in place before you can even think about starting a project like that.

2. Money. We would have to start from scratch as far as our economy goes as ours will have completely tanked. So where are the billions of dollars needed to research and develop that technology going to come from? And why in the world would you waste billions of dollars on that when the country needs rebuilding?

3. Resources. Clean water is hard to come by, and you're telling me they have enough resources to develop, test, and build time machines??

4. Priorities. Titor never mentions the time machines being used for anything that's a matter of life and death. Wouldn't trying to survive be more important than building a time machine?

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

You're not thinking logically.

So many inventions we have that we take for granted are created by a necessity, which increases during wartime. Once the scientists involved at CERN will do their discovery I don't think this exciting project will be cancelled during or after wartime. Throughout history, military technology has been the driving force of technological advancement. And if a war gets really bad, scientists and engineers will have to work overtime to make our technology better. That's what I call logic.

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join