It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Civil War of 2005 as predicted by John Titor

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
01/30/01 14:09 (about the future) 249
Technology is not gone in 2036 nor is it the private domain of “government” leaders. Computer printers just didn’t work very well on 12 volts and many people just got used to doing things the old way. After the war, the main problem was distribution. Can anyone tell me how many companies in the United States still manufacture bicycle tires today? Anyone who still has a bike in 2008 will find out.

What will happen in 2008 that makes people ride bikes???

Is this when we have an oil crisis? Or an economic collapse?

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006

It's probably just the lack of laziness in the future. He said people are a lot less lazy then people in the present.

-Chris

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legend

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006

It's probably just the lack of laziness in the future. He said people are a lot less lazy then people in the present.
-Chris

I think that is an important insight to his personality, and reason for the hoax. He is on a sopabox, telling us if we don't change our ways, we are doomed. While he's basically right about that, the fantasy fiction surrounding his sopabox rants are little more than window dressing.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

I think that is an important insight to his personality, and reason for the hoax. He is on a sopabox, telling us if we don't change our ways, we are doomed. While he's basically right about that, the fantasy fiction surrounding his sopabox rants are little more than window dressing.

Let me rephrase. I think people in the future don't drive cars anymore, according to Titor, because they are a lot less lazy then they are now. They are a lot more willing to ride a bike across the street rather than drive a car across the street.

-Chris

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Actually I believe the reason people ride bikes in the john titor mythos is because of the lack of access to fossil fuels.

Only something verging on the apocolypse would stop an american from driving his or her car. Especially in places like Los Angeles where everything is so spread out, though I suppose during a civil war those improtu trips to Home Depot wouldn't pop up as often as they do now.

I love the fact that this thread is now 41 pages long and no one has been swayed.

I believe Titor is a hoax and nothing I've read on this thread can convince me otherwise.

Likewise I haven't seen one titor believer turn to the hoax side (or did I miss a post).

Certainly says a lot about personal belief systems.

Spiderj

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
Likewise I haven't seen one titor believer turn to the hoax side (or did I miss a post).

Yeah, you missed a post. I've been convinced.

You could be right about the lack of fossil fuels, but John said that most of the American Citizens' time is focused on the community, and there are thousands upon thousands of small communities around America. I'm sure it wouldn't be so hard to ride a bike from one end of the community to the other. Plus no one is really lazy at all, like I've said, because John said it himself: "If you stop working for the community, the community stops working for you." If you decide to get lazy, then that's when you're going to start having a crappy time trying to live in that community...

-Chris

[edit on 7/26/2005 by Legend]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I can't believe some of you. Do you really think that Americans will just one day in 2008 decide to ride their bikes instead of being lazy and taking the car? We are talking about Americans!

No way this happens unless, 1. Severe Oil Crisis or 2. Economic Collapse and people can't afford Oil.

Those are the ONLY 2 situations that will make Americans be less lazy.

The American Existance is to make life as easy and effortless as possible, that will not change unless it is forced by the 2 above situations.

So in 2008 make sure you have a Bike and lots of spare Tires and Tubes and Patch Kits. Because those products are not produced in America by and large.

If its just an Oil crisis in 2008 then American would still be able to import tires and such from China. Titor made this Quote and Every Quote for a Reason.

I expect an Economic Collapse in 2008.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
forget the laziness, can you believe that they had timetravel technology only 29 years in our future, and they come back for spare parts !!

I actually would be more inclined to believe the story if he came back to influence the future, ala terminator, but to get hardware for a computer to run an OS ?
if the OS doesn't work, how do they time travel ?

this story either passes your sniff test or it doesn't. As another poster pointed out, its a belief system thing. Like OJ. If you thought he was innocent, you loved all the frame-up or incompetency evidence, it you thought he was guilty, you weren't buyng it.

oh, and by the way, where are the waco-type events and organized groups engaging in armed combat ?

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

oh, and by the way, where are the waco-type events and organized groups engaging in armed combat ?

As mentioned previously on this thread the WACO-type events are happening right now and are steadily getting worse.

These monthly “WACO-type events” steadily getting worse can be recognized by observing the same methods being used by law enforcement officers upon American civilians in the WACO massacre. Innocent and defenseless parents with their children died a horrible death in presence of their own officers of the law. They died where they should have been protected by their own law enforcement officers.

WACO-type events = WACO-type methods:

John Titor
"If the federal forces learned anything from WACO it was to install more reliable suppressors on their automatic weapons and don't use flash grenades that leave shell casings after the fire."

"Have you see the documentary on Waco? Just for argument's sake, what do you think would happen if information were discovered that confirmed the worst accusations made against the law enforcement officers there? Would you hope nothing?"

The amount of the overwhelming deadly force used upon a handful of shooters in a building together with 75 unarmed and defenseless men, women, fathers, mothers and children finds its mirror reflection in the amount of the overwhelming potentially deadly force of a 50,000 volt fish-hook-barbed electrical wires shooting "non-lethal" taser electrocuting the bodies of unarmed and defenseless men, women, fathers, mothers and children without distinction.

These monthly “WACO-type events” steadily getting worse as mentioned by John Titor represent the many deadly and damaging taser incidents becoming apparent around 2004. And they are indeed steadily growing worse in this year 2005. It’s only a matter of time before organized groups opposing these methods "engage in maneuver and armed conflict."

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
waco type events=waco type evets

glad we cleared that up

can you find anything on the "war" any armed combat between organized groups ?

ok roth, you're a titor scholar right ? where are the federal police titor mentions ? W only has a few months left to ge that through congress in time for the war

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

where are the federal police titor mentions ? W only has a few months left to ge that through congress in time for the war

Also this has been discussed previously. Titor metioned the use of "non-lethal" weapon systems that turn out to be quite lethal.

The M26/X26 "non-lethal" taser weapons used by the police upon its US citizens (and appearing to be quite lethal) reflects the methods being used upon the parents and children in WACO by the federal forces.

John Titor
"However, there are a great many "non lethal" weapon systems in development that turn out to be quite lethal. Sometimes I watch your television programs that show SWAT teams using new non-lethal weapons. They usually start out with, "In the future, the army and police will fight its enemies with new weapons systems…" When they use the word "enemy", they're talking about YOU!"

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Roth, how come you won't tell anyone what your real stance on the John Titor story is? You're obviously defending his posts, but earlier on in the thread, you said that you won't discuss your actual stance on the subject...

-Chris

[edit on 7/27/2005 by Legend]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
can you find anything on the "war" any armed combat between organized groups ? well, can you ?

ok roth, you're a titor scholar right ? where are the federal police titor mentions ? W only has a few months left to ge that through congress in time for the war

everything in this thread has been discussed ad naseum, care to take a stab ath the FEDERAL police ?

since they don't exist, it hurts your position, so you'll ignore it like you always do, but hey, I can try

waco was a 51 day siege of heavily armed personnel taking on a comminity or people. not a cop taking down a crook. Theres a HUGE difference. And it JT predictied the lethal weapons thing in 1975, its impressive. in 2001 , hardly impressive.

I'm a time traveller. let me tell you about your future

the price of oil will go up, and people won't like it
police will clash with criminals
there will be a war
the govt will do things you don't like

wow, this is easy, I'm gonna get a website and sell some coffee mugs

[edit on 27-7-2005 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Yeah, you missed a post. I've been convinced.

Well with forty one pages it was bound to happen.

Anyhoo, I think it's very easy to find connections, it's what the mind does.

Nostradamus is the perfect example, with all the fake predictions and interpretations over the years you can read into it whatever you want.

But even direct translations of his predictions really are quite vague and must be viewed (I believe) in Nostradamus' world view not our modern world view.

The main difference I suppose between Nostradamus and Titor is that Nostradamus was an actually person as opposed to a fictional character.

Spiderj

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
sorry, for whatever reason my post was doubled so I've deleted this one.

Spiderj

[edit on 7/27/2005 by Spiderj]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

can you find anything on the "war" any armed combat between organized groups ? well, can you ?

Like I have said many times before (but apparently you just don't want to hear it), they definitely will be happening later on when "outright open fighting" becomes common around 2011.

The "groups engaged in maneuver and armed conflict" would develop later on as a result of the WACO-type events/methods being used by officers of the law against US citizens. It doesn't make any sense if these "organized groups" would "engage in maneuver and armed conflict" without any particular reason to do so or without any particular enemy to fight with wouldn't you agree? That would absurd ofcourse. Titor said it all would start out monthly, steadily growing worse as we are indeed observing it does.

everything in this thread has been discussed ad naseum, care to take a stab ath the FEDERAL police ?

Oh boy, Syrinx High Priest wants me to take a stab at the federal police.
Titor mentioned the words "federal police" only once. And here's where you can read it:
"From the age of 8 to 12, [2006-2010] we lived away from the cities and spent most of our time in a farm community with other families avoiding conflict with the federal police and National Guard."

Titor was right again. We ALL should be very cautious now especially being a US citizen. We all know that the federal police now has been given unconstitutional powers under Patriot Act II. Interesting how John Titor could foresee this happening already in 2000. You want to know what the federal police is doing? Let us consider a few of the powers of Patriot Act II (and thus the powers of the federal police):

Under Section 501 a US citizen engaging in lawful activities can be grabbed off the street and thrown into a van never to be seen again. The Justice Department states that they can do this because the person "had inferred from conduct" that they were not US citizens. Remember Section 802 of the First USA Patriot Act states that any violation of Federal or State law can result in the "enemy combatant" terrorist designation.

SECTION 201 of the second Patriot Act makes it a criminal act for any member of the government or any citizen to release any information concerning the incarceration or whereabouts of detainees. It also states that law enforcement does not have to tell the press who they have arrested, and they never have to release the names.

There you go Einstein. You want to know what the federal police is doing to its US citizens? You’ll never know! But I can guarantee you they won’t be having a picnic with all those they’ve already arrested and will be arresting.

Ofcourse, there are so many more freedom and privacy limiting sections but you can read them all for yourself at: www.sierratimes.com...

since they don't exist, it hurts your position, so you'll ignore it like you always do, but hey, I can try

My God, I have never experienced someone as ignorant as you project yourself. Read my answer above.

I'm a time traveller. let me tell you about your future

the price of oil will go up, and people won't like it
police will clash with criminals
there will be a war
the govt will do things you don't like

My goodness, you really are a lousy time traveller. Why don’t you try to follow John Titor’s superior elegant and intelligent example? Here are a few:

TimeTravel_0: “Yes...in fact the major breakthrough happens at CERN in about a year.”

“My comments about the CERN lab are in reference to particle accelerators in general and other questions that have come up in the past. The major physics break through for controlled gravity distortion does happen at CERN in your future. Heck, we haven't even touched on "Z" field compression yet.”

“Are you really surprised to find out that Iraq has nukes now or is that just BS to whip everyone up into accepting the next war?”

“After the war, the main problem was distribution. Can anyone tell me how many companies in the United States still manufacture bicycle tires today? Anyone who still has a bike in 2008 will find out.”

”The "Mad Cow" story here is yet to begin but don't worry, the fruited gelatin deserts are safe.”

“While you sit by and watch your Constitution being torn away from you, you willfully eat poisoned food, buy manufactured products no one needs and turn an uncaring eye away from millions of people suffering and dying all around you. Is this the "Universal Law" you subscribe to?”

“I would use the word "elections" a bit cautiously. Perhaps it's easier now to see a civil war in your future?”
“I am curious? will anyone be upset if Florida’s votes are not counted in the Electoral College because of the current “confusion?””
“According to the Constitution, who do you think has the final word on choosing a President and why?”
“Do you think the Electoral College should be continued?”
“It is a mistake to give anyone your unwavering belief...but you will find that out yourself in 2005.”

“The President or "leader" in 2005 I believe tried desperately to be the next Lincoln and hold the country together but many of their policies drove a larger wedge into the Bill of Rights.”

“The original Constitution itself was not the problem it was the ignorance of the people that lived under it.”

“political situations are dependant on Western stability, which collapses in 2005.”

“Real disruptions in world events begin with the destabilization of the West as a result of degrading US foreign policy and consistency.”

“Wavering western support for Israel is what gives Israel's neighbors the confidence to attack. The last resort for a defensive Israel and its offensive Arab neighbors is to use weapons of mass destruction. In the grand scheme of things, the war in the Middle East is a part of what's to come, not the cause.”

”I'm glad to see it's so easy for to dismiss the Middle East. Yes, I suppose it is a no brainer but pretty soon it will be a "no arrmer" and a "no legger".”

“I get no pleasure out of being right when it comes to CJD disease, war in the Middle East or suffering people in far away lands. There's nothing like the look on someone's face when you tell them 100,000 people will be dead tomorrow.”

“However, there are a great many "non lethal" weapon systems in development that turn out to be quite lethal.”

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
so if he only mentioned federal police once, it doesn't count ?

ok

so the waco type events that occur monthly in 2005, now are in 2011 ?

ok

"so the american civil war of 2005 as prdicted by jt" really is "a few isolated taser incidents of 2005 as predicted by JT "?

ok

1 last simple question. If 1/1/06 rolls around, and there is no civil war going on in the US, which excuse will you use to hang on to the myth ?

1) the altered timeline excuse. it happened is his timeline, but not ours
2) the multi-universe excuse.
3) the type-o excuse

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

forget the laziness, can you believe that they had timetravel technology only 29 years in our future, and they come back for spare parts !!

Really? You can't understand this?

After the civil and WWIII the world is left in ruins and 1/3 of the world population is DEAD. Thats in 2015. Then there is a long period of clean up. How long should the cleanup last? 10 years? 20 years?

The TIME MACHINE is built by GE in 2034.

Something you should consider, after the war most of our technology that was in the cities is lost. However there is still technology. The purpose of the time machine was to "REPAIR" their society.

Isn't Neccessity the Mother of all inventions???

So they send back timetravelers to get the technologies that were lost during the war.

This makes sense to me. I don't understand what part of this escapes you.

link   

After the civil and WWIII the world is left in ruins and 1/3 of the world population is DEAD. Thats in 2015. Then there is a long period of clean up. How long should the cleanup last? 10 years? 20 years?

Something you should consider, after the war most of our technology that was in the cities is lost. However there is still technology. The purpose of the time machine was to "REPAIR" their society.

So they send back timetravelers to get the technologies that were lost during the war.

link   

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join