It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Civil War of 2005 as predicted by John Titor

page: 230
<< 227  228  229    231  232  233 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
...What exactly do you mean "turns out?"
He has been 100% WRONG on EVERYTHING.

Wake up man, it's 2008. Everything has already turned out FALSE.
There are no more dates to look forward too that you can even remotely say he was right.

Oh, nice try! While I don't think he was a time traveler, he did know something about our future. How he knew those things is another matter. I have my own speculation, but it's just that.... speculation.

Here is a list of things he most certainly WAS right about. Now remember, [B][U]THESE THINGS WERE SAID IN JANUARY AND EARLY FEBRUARY OF 2001, LONG BEFORE 9/11

(This list is a pasting of my original quote on www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's going to look a little strange, because I do not know how to quote from another thread.

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

JAN 29, 2001 - JOHN: "I get no pleasure out of being right when it comes to CJD disease, war in the Middle East or suffering people in far away lands. There's nothing like the look on someone's face when you tell them 100,000 people will be dead tomorrow.

I did a little research on the "100,000 people" dead in a 24 hour period. Did you know that there have only been 43 instances (45 if you count Hiroshima and Nagasaki) of 100,000 people literally dying from an event in a 24 hour period?

He said this several years before the Tsunami. Think about that for a minute. Only 43 (non man-made) disasters of this magnitude in ALL OF RECORDED HUMAN HISTORY. What are the odds that he would be less than 5 years off? The first numbers on that disaster reported 100,000 people killed. We know that number to be far greater now, but that was the number first reported, and the number that people will say when you ask them how many died in THE tsunami.

Here are a few quotes, in no particular order, that should raise your eyebrows just a bit. (italics are mine) Remember, THESE REMARKS WERE SAID IN JANUARY AND FEBRUARY OF 2001.

1) ... Yes there were biological and chemical weapons used. No mind control weapons but there are new "non-lethal" weapon systems that turn out to be quite lethal. Sometimes I watch your television programs that show SWAT teams using new non-lethal weapons. They usually start out with, "In the future, the army and police will fight its enemies with new weapons systems…" When they use the word "enemy", they're talking about YOU! You don't really think the Marines are going to jump out of helicopters overseas with sticky goop, pepper spray and seizure lights, do you?
2) ... Real disruptions in world events begin with the destabilization of the West as a result of degrading US foreign policy and consistency. This becomes apparent around 2004 as civil unrest develops near the next presidential election.
3) ... I'm glad to see it's so easy for to dismiss the Middle East. Yes, I suppose it is a no brainer but pretty soon it will be a "no arrmer" and a "no legger".
4) ... I believe they are pretty close to putting a man in orbit. It shouldn't surprise you if they do that soon. (Note: said about the Chinese in 2001)
5) (Q) Does the civil war start in such a way that those willing will have time to remove themselves to safer locations. (A) Yes. You will be forced to ask yourself how many civil rights you will give up to feel safe.
6) (Q) Will you readily be able to identify the enemy? (A) They will be the ones arresting and holding people without due process.
7) ...They were set in motion ten, twenty, even thirty years ago. Are you really surprised to find out that Iraq has nukes now or is that just BS to whip everyone up into accepting the next war?
8) ...However, if I had an opportunity to talk to a time traveler, I might ask questions like: How exactly does the singularity sensor measure the expansion of the inner event horizon or why does the reality of multiple worlds support the religious dogma that there are no good or bad people just good and bad desicions or what were the political motivations that changed the U.S. Constitution?

That should be enough for now.

There's something else that I have never gotten the answer to. The Olympics have been split up to run every 2 years, with winter and summer games alternating. Does anyone know when this was first done, and which games were moved? In other words, if the Olympics were still every 4 years, I want to determine if the 2008 Olympics would belong to 2006 or 2010.

So, the question up for debate for debunkers is as follows:

1A) Has anyone else predicted an event within 5 years where 100,000 people or more died? Remember, only 43 of these events (non man-made) have ever occured IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE HUMAN RACE.

1b) Have "non-lethal" weapons turned out to be quite lethal? Research "Taser deaths" and the problems with the new "microwave crowd control" device, and get back with me.

2) There is always "civil unrest" around elections in America. Question: Was the "civil unrest" due to the 2004 elections normal, or very noteworthy? Think carefully on this one: what happened in 2004 that was different?

3) Is this a reference to Iraqi veterns coming back sans limbs, at a rate that hasn't been seen since Vietnam?

4) The chinese launched their first manned space flight on October 15, 2003. Can anyone show articles that expected this to happen at least 1 year prior? As I remember, everyone was kind of shocked at this.

5) "How many civil rights will you give up to feel safe" is THE major question of today. Is there anyone disputing this?

6) Titor said the enemy will be the "ones arresting and holding people without due process". Is there any doubt this is actually going on? No. Can any of you honestly say that you expected to witness this BEFORE a breakdown of civil society? Anyone....? Bueller....?

7) Did anyone predict in 2001 that Iraq would NOT have nuclear weapons? IIRC, everyone thought that they were getting/acquiring nuclear weapons. The only question was if they had them, and how long until they did have them. No one guessed that they wouldn't have ANY weapons or ANY program.

8) "...what were the political motivations that changed the U.S. Constitution?
" Can anyone doubt that our Constitution has been changed? Indeed, what ARE the political motivations of this change?

Now, don't offer me your opinions. Don't offer me why you think this, or why you think that. SHOW ME THAT HE WAS WRONG IN THE ABOVE 8 QUOTES WITH LINKS FROM REPUTABLE SOURCES.

Is that so hard to ask from the "debunkers"?

2)

[edit on 1-7-2008 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
To those who say Titor was never right, I covered this in another post. Here is the link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

(The quote may look weird, because I do not how to use the "quote" function across threads)

JAN 29, 2001 - JOHN: "I get no pleasure out of being right when it comes to CJD disease, war in the Middle East or suffering people in far away lands. There's nothing like the look on someone's face when you tell them 100,000 people will be dead tomorrow.

I did a little research on the "100,000 people" dead in a 24 hour period. Did you know that there have only been 43 instances (45 if you count Hiroshima and Nagasaki) of 100,000 people literally dying from an event in a 24 hour period?

He said this several years before the Tsunami. Think about that for a minute. Only 43 (non man-made) disasters of this magnitude in ALL OF RECORDED HUMAN HISTORY. What are the odds that he would be less than 5 years off? The first numbers on that disaster reported 100,000 people killed. We know that number to be far greater now, but that was the number first reported, and the number that people will say when you ask them how many died in THE tsunami.

Here are a few quotes, in no particular order, that should raise your eyebrows just a bit. (italics are mine) Remember, THESE REMARKS WERE SAID IN JANUARY AND FEBRUARY OF 2001.

1) ... Yes there were biological and chemical weapons used. No mind control weapons but there are new "non-lethal" weapon systems that turn out to be quite lethal. Sometimes I watch your television programs that show SWAT teams using new non-lethal weapons. They usually start out with, "In the future, the army and police will fight its enemies with new weapons systems…" When they use the word "enemy", they're talking about YOU! You don't really think the Marines are going to jump out of helicopters overseas with sticky goop, pepper spray and seizure lights, do you?
2) ... Real disruptions in world events begin with the destabilization of the West as a result of degrading US foreign policy and consistency. This becomes apparent around 2004 as civil unrest develops near the next presidential election.
3) ... I'm glad to see it's so easy for to dismiss the Middle East. Yes, I suppose it is a no brainer but pretty soon it will be a "no arrmer" and a "no legger".
4) ... I believe they are pretty close to putting a man in orbit. It shouldn't surprise you if they do that soon. (Note: said about the Chinese in 2001)
5) (Q) Does the civil war start in such a way that those willing will have time to remove themselves to safer locations. (A) Yes. You will be forced to ask yourself how many civil rights you will give up to feel safe.
6) (Q) Will you readily be able to identify the enemy? (A) They will be the ones arresting and holding people without due process.
7) ...They were set in motion ten, twenty, even thirty years ago. Are you really surprised to find out that Iraq has nukes now or is that just BS to whip everyone up into accepting the next war?
8) ...However, if I had an opportunity to talk to a time traveler, I might ask questions like: How exactly does the singularity sensor measure the expansion of the inner event horizon or why does the reality of multiple worlds support the religious dogma that there are no good or bad people just good and bad desicions or what were the political motivations that changed the U.S. Constitution?

That should be enough for now.

There's something else that I have never gotten the answer to. The Olympics have been split up to run every 2 years, with winter and summer games alternating. Does anyone know when this was first done, and which games were moved? In other words, if the Olympics were still every 4 years, I want to determine if the 2008 Olympics would belong to 2006 or 2010.

So, the question up for debate for debunkers is as follows:

1A) Has anyone else predicted an event within 5 years where 100,000 people or more died? Remember, only 43 of these events (non man-made) have ever occured IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE HUMAN RACE.

1b) Have "non-lethal" weapons turned out to be quite lethal? Research "Taser deaths" and the problems with the new "microwave crowd control" device, and get back with me.

2) There is always "civil unrest" around elections in America. Question: Was the "civil unrest" due to the 2004 elections normal, or very noteworthy? Think carefully on this one: what happened in 2004 that was different?

3) Is this a reference to Iraqi veterns coming back sans limbs, at a rate that hasn't been seen since Vietnam?

4) The chinese launched their first manned space flight on October 15, 2003. Can anyone show articles that expected this to happen at least 1 year prior? As I remember, everyone was kind of shocked at this.

5) "How many civil rights will you give up to feel safe" is THE major question of today. Is there anyone disputing this?

6) Titor said the enemy will be the "ones arresting and holding people without due process". Is there any doubt this is actually going on? No. Can any of you honestly say that you expected to witness this BEFORE a breakdown of civil society? Anyone....? Bueller....?

7) Did anyone predict in 2001 that Iraq would NOT have nuclear weapons? IIRC, everyone thought that they were getting/acquiring nuclear weapons. The only question was if they had them, and how long until they did have them. No one guessed that they wouldn't have ANY weapons or ANY program.

8) "...what were the political motivations that changed the U.S. Constitution?
" Can anyone doubt that our Constitution has been changed? Indeed, what ARE the political motivations of this change?

Now, don't offer me your opinions. Don't offer me why you think this, or why you think that. SHOW ME THAT HE WAS WRONG IN THE ABOVE 8 QUOTES WITH LINKS FROM REPUTABLE SOURCES.

Is that so hard to ask from the "debunkers"?

2)

[edit on 1-7-2008 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Here is another post of mine from the other thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...

What I believe is that some people on here are being disingenuous (fancy word for liar) when they say that he got NO predictions right.

The Chinese in space was a big one. NO ONE IN THE MAINSTREAM PREDICTED IT. It was a shock when it happened. That's just one example.

The second thing I believe is that people do not quote him correctly. A prime example of this is the debunkers like to say that he said a woman would be president after G.W. Bush. That is blatently not true (i.e., a lie). It's hard to have a discussion if 1/2 of the conversation make stuff up that wasn't said.

People like to use two, TWO examples to say Titor was wrong. That of the Civil War, and the Olympics. I have asked 3 times, and still no debunker will answer the following question, which is EXTREMELY PERTINENT to his Olympics quote. That question is as follows:

Are the 2008 Olympics the start of a new Olympics, or the remainder of the last Olympics? I can find no information on that, and not being a sports nut, I do not recall. Why do debunkers ignore this question?

Second is the issue of the Civil War. Taken in context, and without reading any biases into it, he says that the civil war starts in 2004 with "Waco type events" that are about 1 a month. Does that sound like hostilities have broken out everywhere? You can infer that in 2008, outright fighting is set to begin. He says two things specifically about 2008. One is that the civil war "is at everyone's doorstep". The second is that by 2008, everyone knew that the life they thought they were living was over.

"At the doorstep" means it is right here, but hasn't actually started. It means the very last "step" hasn't been taken. If I said something like "I am at the very last doorstep to entering college", would you assume that I was IN college, or that there was only one thing left for me to do before I entered college?

He predicted that people would be held without due process. This is happening right now as we speak. Do any of you deny it? He asked the question "How many rights will you give up for security?" (paraphrased). Isn't that the big question in our society right now? We in the fringe has been discussing this very thing for years and years and years. Only in the last couple of years have these two very subjects went mainstream.

You debunkers please show me anyone not a "conspiracy theorist" that predicted in 2000 or 2001 that we'd have people arrested and detained without due process!

We now have AVERAGE PEOPLE living in tent cities, and out of their cars. This has not been seen in this country since the Great Depression. Do you think that they would agree with the statement that "the life they thought they were living was over"? MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF HOMES ARE SET FOR FORECLOSURE THIS YEAR. Do you think that they might agree with that phrase? Do you think any of THEM would have thought that just one year ago? How about the new news that GM may have to declare bankruptcy? Or the fact that two different European banks have stated that they expect the U.S. to undergo financial meltdown this year?

Again, my point is not to say he was or wasn't a time traveler. My point is that he did, indeed, get his predictions right, despite what some on here want to claim.

So, you have said 1/3 of his predictions are wrong. Show it. Show me the 1/3 of his predictions that are wrong. The same two keep cropping up. The Olympics and the Civil War. That's it. About 20 or 30 (at a guess, maybe even more) of his statements could be thought of as "predictions".

Hell, he even talked about mad cow disease before anyone in the U.S. even had a CLUE that it was here.

Here is the thing that none of the debunkers want to recognize. What constitutes the beginning of a civil war is up for debate. This is further compounded by the fact that he doesn't define what he means by civil war. "At your doorstep", taken in normal and everyday use, means that it is almost ready to begin. We know the actual date that Germany invaded Poland, yet historians still disagree with when WWII actually started. They can, rightfully so with hindsight, point out that it started much earlier, with some even going back to the treaty of Versailles. In fact, most history books will even make reference to this, and have some statement like "Actually hostilities began when...". Examined another way, there can be differing thoughts on when it started, but NO ONE can say it was later than September 1, 1939. The first (time-line wise) definitive statement Titor made was that by 2010, it had consumed everyone. Think of 2010 as equating Sept 1, 1939 in WWII.

Anyone can say that he was not a time traveler and it doesn't bother me. But don't say he didn't get anything right, some things right, or even most things right. There are only 2 things (so far) that are up for argument. And that is the Civil War, and the Olympics. The man even predicted CERN would soon discover how to make micro-singularities! Did anyone ELSE predict in 2000 or early 2001 that CERN would make those? Anyone? Bueller....?

Anyway, if people want to "debunk" him, fine. Just do so honestly. Someone even said "Oh, uh it was easy to predict the Chinese would send someone into space soon (meaning back in 2000 or 2001). Ok, fine. SHOW ME THE LINKS. Don't talk about how "anyone" could have done it. Show me the links from 2000 or 2001 mainstream (or even not-so-mainstream) sources that predicted the Chinese would have their first man in space. Is that so hard?

SHOW ME THE LINKS from 2000/2001 where people are talking about CERN making micro-singularities.

SHOW ME THE LINKS from 2000/2001 where anyone ELSE talked about 100,000 people losing their lives in a single day.

SHOW ME THE LINKS from 2000/2001 where people were talking about suspects being held without due process.

SHOW ME THE LINKS from 2000/2001 where "non-lethal" weapons were talked about as being quite lethal.

SHOW ME THE LINKS from 2000/2001 where the Chinese were predicted to send their first man in space.

SHOW ME THE LINKS from 2000/2001 where people were asking what were the political motivations of rewriting the Constitution.

SHOW ME THE LINKS from 2000/2001 where people were saying that our government's claim of Iraq having nuclear weapons was just BS to justify the Iraqi war.

SHOW ME THE LINKS from 2000/2001 where people were talking about how much liberty to give up for safety.

SHOW ME THE LINKS from 2000/2001 where people said the mad-cow disease was cause for concern here in the United States.

Now, that's just 9 things I picked at random at the start of this thread. There are many more that haven't even been covered here.

Don't offer your opinion, SHOW ME THE LINKS.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Oh, nice try! While I don't think he was a time traveler, he did know something about our future. How he knew those things is another matter. I have my own speculation, but it's just that.... speculation.

Titor didn't know more about our future than YOU do or did at the time.

Man I wish people would read some of the stuff already posted in this thread but since you titorites are the laziest sons of....nevermind....I'll go over some of this stuff anyway:

1. Guess what...
I can with 100% certainty GUARANTEE you there will be another event with over 100,000 people dead within 24 hours. How do you know Titor wasn't talking about THAT event?

2. Titor wasn't even predicting anything!!!!!! People like using that statement and taking it out of context as if he was predicting something. He wasn't. Read Titor.

(3. This is just an aside, NO that is NOT the number people will say when you talking about the tsunami. People will say "close to 300,000." Go ahead. Ask around. And during the event the numbers were CONSTANTLY changing. There was no period of time where the number was stuck on 100,000. And if that number was briefly stated, it was just that....brief.)

What does this have to do with anything?
1. He says he's watching TV shows and they're showing this stuff meaning the the stuff he's talking about was already in exsistence then.

2. You Titorites always ignore the last sentence. Marines are using these new weapons meaning there is a WAR going on! I know some of the less intelligent Titorites like to jump on tasers as if Titor was talking about that. Bu get real, do you think police or soldiers would be using tasers in a war? They would die before they had a chance to pull one out.

the rest in a minute...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Hey TJW, do you ever get tired of explaining the same thing over and over and over... and over?

In all seriousness, I thought the 2008 Olympics was the one event everyone was waiting for to be able to tell with 100% certainty that Titor was a hoax.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legend
In all seriousness, I thought the 2008 Olympics was the one event everyone was waiting for to be able to tell with 100% certainty that Titor was a hoax.

Any true Titorirte would not base this as a hoax because of the Olympics. The resemblance of world lines shift back and forth with divergence and convergence. Titor said, "Some things that are quite different on one world line have very little effect as time passes and the world lines appear to “converge” again and look very similar."

As you can see, the Olympics could of easily been canceled with extra-earthquakes or pollution and such. This is why Titor repeatedly said, "I have no idea what happens to you in your future" but noted there is a resemblance of world lines.

Plus the fact Titor was asked about his Olympics and not ours.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I'll say right now i haven't read everything over the last few pages since i last posted, i can't be bothered to be honest!

On the theory of TT, if as it seems no two world lines are the same ( if this is true ) and there was a quote there that 'john' apparantly said "I have no idea what happens to you in your future" why would we bother with time travel, can anyone suggest what the point would be?

you could argue that him saying "I have no idea what happens to you in your future" was his way of laughing at some of you for buying into this stuff.

Is there not a case to be made for the idea that here you have a guy, fairly intelligent, who made some predictions based on things we knew back in '00 or whenever it was, and lets face it the 'waco events' haven't happened, the olympics have effectivly twice, the whole 9/11 afghanistan/ iraq thing he missed. If you were to make predicitons about the future this is very well what could happen, what is it about what he wrote that persuades people that this was real? or makes people want it to be real, If none of what he predicted happens i'e if we are all here in 2040 and the world has ambled along as it does without nuclear war etc, what would you think?

I guess i already know, divergence, its like a religion to you guys, you can't touch it see it or taste it but you believe it none the less. I think a worrying sign of the times and the power that a person can have from behind a computer these days, but there again thats how terrorists are recruited isn't it! apologies, i divert off topic

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
...Titor didn't know more about our future than YOU do or did at the time.

To paraphrase Jerry Maguire: "Show me the LINKS!"

I don't want your opinion, show me the links.

I don't believe he was a time traveler, but he certainly knew or guessed a great number of things very, very correctly.

You see my post above. Show me the links.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Sorry this is late, but unlike Titorites who are dealing with an imaginary civil war, I have a life to enjoy

To paraphrase Jerry Maguire: "Show me the LINKS!"

I don't want your opinion, show me the links.

I don't believe he was a time traveler, but he certainly knew or guessed a great number of things very, very correctly.

You see my post above. Show me the links.

Typical titorite. They think because they didn't have internet access back then that everything they're seeing now is new. NOTHING titor wrote was new. Absolutely NOTHING. Unfortunately a lot of stuff were written on forums like this that either don't exists any more or don't archive posts that far back. I would gladly provide links to all if they still existed. It would be absolutely FOOLISH to believe what Titor wrote was anything new in the conspiracy world. Everything he talked about (including Mad Cow) have been talked about for years in some cases decades before Titor came on the scene. Just because you weren't paying attention or didn't know about didn't mean it didn't happen.

Now I ask you, where are your links!?!?!?
This supposed war is four years old now. Show me the links of how many battles the rebels have won and how many the government has won. Millions of people die in this conflict so show me the casualty report so far.

Oh wait, Titor wasn't talking about us. Right?
SO WHY THE **** ARE YOU DEFENDING HIM as if anything he said was true in this worldline?
Another typical titorite contradiction.

I'm probably not going to go through the rest because as Legend has indicated, this stuff has been gone over many many times before and all you Titorites have to do is look.
I'll go over a couple blatantly wrong ones however.
You are all excited about the Chinese in space as proof of Titor being right but, in the quote you posted:
"... I believe they are pretty close to putting a man in orbit. It shouldn't surprise you if they do that soon."
Did you actually read what Titor wrote?
Why do you think he said it shouldn't surprise us?
BECAUSE THE CHINESE SPACE PROGRAM IS NOT NEW!! wtf man, do you pay attention to anything??? They have been trying since the '70s!! Of course they were bound to do it soon.
I'm going to go ahead and use my prediction powers to predict India will put a man in space. woooooooooooooo

SHOW ME THE LINKS from 2000/2001 where people are talking about CERN making micro-singularities

Um..they're still not.

SHOW ME THE LINKS from 2000/2001 where people were talking about suspects being held without due process.

And I would show you ANY inner city or minority owned newspaper from the 1800s until now.

SHOW ME THE LINKS from 2000/2001 where "non-lethal" weapons were talked about as being quite lethal

Tasers were around then genius.
Also, remember the Rodney King incident and all the discussion that followed?

SHOW ME THE LINKS from 2000/2001 where the Chinese were predicted to send their first man in space.

www.astronautix.com...

As you can see from the link and as I stated earlier, they have been talking and trying since the '70s.

SHOW ME THE LINKS from 2000/2001 where people said the mad-cow disease was cause for concern here in the United States.

www.prwatch.org...

As you can see, the book was written in 1997.

You truly have been living under a rock or stuck in your own little dream world.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by ThatsJustWeird]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

ThatsJustWeird
This supposed war is four years old now. Show me the links of how many battles the rebels have won and how many the government has won. Millions of people die in this conflict so show me the casualty report so far.

Again your wrong, nice spin though, open fighting is in 2011, it is also when Titor joins a shotgun infantry.. Millions of people die in 2015.

ThatsJustWeird
Oh wait, Titor wasn't talking about us. Right?
SO WHY THE **** ARE YOU DEFENDING HIM as if anything he said was true in this worldline?

Titor said World lines do converge, that is one of the many reasons to defend him, many of a number of things have turned out to be true...

All this "show me the links" argument is really nonsense lol. For example the Taser's... You go back to 2000 and tell me how many law enforcement agencies carried them? It is one of those things "non-deadly weapons" that turned out to be very lethal. John Titor talked about our news and events in a historical perspective from his world line and even provided LINKS!

For us Titorites, just think of it like a vantage point on a high hill, look at Titor's past to gain a perspective on ours. Because of Titor we can see things from afar, for example: The Titorite's have been saying for years that there might be a woman President in 2009.... and so on....

U.S. Lawmakers Pass Funding For Polish Missile Defense Site

[edit on 28-9-2008 by imitator]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

Why do you insist on basing your answers in "Titor said" land. Guess what, if you step away from John Titor and his BS explanations and just look at what he presented objectively, it is quite easy to spot every hole and fallacy in his circuitous narrative. He wove a great web but you cannot explain away a liar's mistakes with that liars own explanations for it.

I also cannot help but point out that your fantasy has all but been completely shattered over and over again and you have proven quite good at ignoring the posts that you cannot rebuy. Above you are given many examples of why you are wrong and you take one and twist your "titor said" all over it and expect that to prove anything?

[edit on 9/28/08 by MorningStar8741]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
When one looks at titors words objectivity one finds he has a better hit rate Nostradamus , Edgar Cayce, or the weather man.

Did he mention some stuff that happened to him and that did not happen to us... YES

Did he mention some stuff that happened to him that DID happen to us? YES!

Will McCain Palin win? YES! Will the US suffer a civil war? Of course. Will Titor skeptics Believe that Titor was not a hoaxer then? Of course not. Because they are skeptics with little better to do with their time then argue against something they don't believe in... Skeptic s are an odd thing.

Now SkepticOverlord, There is a man that is a true Skeptic. He thinks the whole Titor thing is a hoax but he does not waste any of his time on Titor threads because he has made up his mind and he is wise enough not to waste his time arguing against the things he does not believe in.

Much better to argue FOR the things one believes in.

And thats why we Titorites are on this side alw2ays picking up the debates I suppose.

Time will prove us right or wrong.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Actually, you prove yourselves wrong each and every time you speak. You open your mouths and say all these things that you really hope are true and back up your story but they do not. Was he right about alot of stuff? YES. Is it stuff that other people already talked about before Titor brought it up? YES. Were his predictions unique to him in a way as to delineate him from any other sheister? NO! Are all of his predictions either easily dismissed by actualy knowledge at that time of said events anyway or the all too easy "not our timeline" excuse. There is no truth to this story whatsoever. I could care less how skeptic overlord deals with this, I am not him. I will be more than happy to stop by and try and offer reality to you people on a regular basis. I think it is insane to keep defending a man when you know you have to move the goal posts yourselves every few months.

If your belief was based in fact you would not need to resort to such tricks to make it fit. You proclaim that McCain/Palin will win the presidency because Titor predicted it? Really? You really want to make that bold a statement?

We both know that he never predicted any such thing. First of all, he never mentions either candidate by name so he could not have predicted this specific victory. If McCain is not elected, what will you say? Well, that was his world line, there is a difference. How convenient that none of his predictions, that were not already actual news that you did not know about at the time, ever have to be true for you to believe. Each one can come and go without ever bearing fruit and you will gladdly keep pointing to the different worldlines. Then I guess you cannot legitimately predict anything based on anything that he said. So even if he were really from the future, big deal. He cannot tell us anything useful or informative or, as it turns out, even true about the future. What good is a time traveler that cannot explain how he can go home when his own explanation for time travel forbids it and he cannot accurately predict anything.

Wow, that is some hero to cling to.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by imitator
Again your wrong, nice spin though, open fighting is in 2011, it is also when Titor joins a shotgun infantry.. Millions of people die in 2015.

Funny how you're a Titorite yet are completely clueless about what Titor said and hasn't said.
I highly suggest you actually read Titor before making him your messiah.

Titor did NOT say open fighting would begin in 2011. He said it was common by then. He specifically stated several times that the WAR would begin in 2004 and he specifically stated what he meant by WAR. He joined the shotgun infantry at age 13. Meaning before then he was WAY TOO YOUNG to join.
Also, if by 2011 the rebels already had infantry units that means they have been fighting for a while. Those don't just pop up overnight.

Get real man.

Titor said World lines do converge

No he didn't.
More proof you're living in some fantasy world.

that is one of the many reasons to defend him, many of a number of things have turned out to be true...

Actually nothing he stated in relation to our world has come true.

All this "show me the links" argument is really nonsense lol.

That was from one of your friends, a fellow titorite. Even the titorites are divided.

For example the Taser's... You go back to 2000 and tell me how many law enforcement agencies carried them? It is one of those things "non-deadly weapons" that turned out to be very lethal.

No need to start this BS again. Please read through this thread.

John Titor talked about our news and events in a historical perspective from his world line and even provided LINKS!

No he didn't. Not any useful ones at least.
Again, you need to actually read Titor before spewing this crap.

The Titorite's have been saying for years that there might be a woman President in 2009.... and so on....

Why? Titor NEVER stated that there will be a woman president in 2009.
And there isn't a woman running for president in this election. So...what is your point exactly?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite

Now SkepticOverlord, There is a man that is a true Skeptic. He thinks the whole Titor thing is a hoax but he does not waste any of his time on Titor threads because he has made up his mind and he is wise enough not to waste his time arguing against the things he does not believe in.

Much better to argue FOR the things one believes in.

I just have to add that I believe in truth, logic, common sense, honesty. I am here arguing with people like for those things. So I am arguing for something that I do believe in, am I not?

You have failed miserably at your quest and even nonbelievers know more about John than you do. So, now I am curious. Why do you Titor fans worship him so much? What is it about him that makes you want to believe so baddly? What do you think you will gain or prevent losing by believing this baddly put together tale? Someone is making lots of money over this hoax still. Do you really like the idea that you are supporting a trend that is funneling dollars into the pockets of......? Well, you know John better than me. Perhaps you can explain who gets the revenue from his books. You know, the ones that sell for $500 a piece? I will open my mind. I am more than willing to actually listen if any of you have a decent explanation of why this man's lie is so important for you to all (all = both of you left that believe) buy this farce hook line and sinker.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

You said: "So I am arguing for something that I do believe in, am I not?"

No, you do not believe the story of Titor, so you are arguing against something you do not believe in...Unless you believe in arguing for foolishness sakes.

You went on to say that non-believers know more than I do. What do you base that on? Because I know the story inside and out. I was the first to email the surviving project leaders of IBM project Mercury. I correspond with those who corresponded with him, both the skeptical and the believers. So I feel secure that I know more about the story than the "Non-believers" and certainly more than you. Positive passion tends to motivate one more than negative passion such as yours.

As for the the 500$ book... anyone that pays one cent for the story is foolish since it is available for free online hereon ATS and at TTI, anomalies, and many other places all over the net.

I think the 500$ book seller is just another Skeptic trying to push his point that Titor must be a fraud. Over the years I have seen many MANY people claim to be Titor and none were able to prove it Via pam and simionook. Just pretenders angry at a story online willing to lie to disprove what they do not believe in.... Its quite an odd phenomena to watch.

Titor was no predictor but he did mention some things that happened to him that has happened to us. The Iraq war over Bogus Nukes. The poem a soldiers winter, Seizure lights as a less lethal weapon, (have you seen those yet? There is an ATS thread about them... just invented this year), and more... I can enumerate the more direct hits... Anyways I mention these because what we hope to prevent is not some great tragedy. Lord knows nothing is gonna stop the big wheels of big government, just ask the folks without gas in the southeast, no what we hope to prevent is the lose of our lives and as many lives as can be saved.

As for people making money off Titor...why don't you ask Oliver Williams how much money he has made? He runs johntitor.com and he can be a chatty guy...although email response sometimes takes awhile due to the volume of email he gets..

Finally, you mind is still closed. You can not have an open mind when you insist people believe a lie. As long as you can not suspend you belief system about the story you have already made up your mind about what you believe.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by titorite]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

please read my post before responding to it. Try every word in the sentence. You will be amazed at what context can do for you. But now I understand why you believe this crap.

I just have to add that I believe in truth, logic, common sense, honesty. I am here arguing with people like for those things. So I am arguing for something that I do believe in, am I not?

Do I need to say a third time that I am arguing for the truth, logic, common sense, and honesty? All things THAT I BELIEVE IN. I am arguing those things. You are arguing some man traveled back in time to post on internet boards. I AM ARGUING FOR THE TRUTH THAT I BELIEVE IN.

There, that is 4.5 times that I said it. Hopefully now you get it. Please go back and read whatever Titor crap that got you here and try the same thing. READ EVERY WORD IN EVERY SENTENCE. Maybe then you will catch his obvious contradictions.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

As for the the 500$ book... anyone that pays one cent for the story is foolish since it is available for free online hereon ATS and at TTI, anomalies, and many other places all over the net.

I think the 500$ book seller is just another Skeptic trying to push his point that Titor must be a fraud. Over the years I have seen many MANY people claim to be Titor and none were able to prove it Via pam and simionook. Just pretenders angry at a story online willing to lie to disprove what they do not believe in.... Its quite an odd phenomena to watch.

Perhaps before you guess, you should see what book I am talking about and who is selling it. Or maybe you can call the Titor family lawyer and ask hime why he keeps mentioning it on C2C as if it were a necessary read when, as you say, it is all here for free.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

You went on to say that non-believers know more than I do. What do you base that on? Because I know the story inside and out. I was the first to email the surviving project leaders of IBM project Mercury. I correspond with those who corresponded with him, both the skeptical and the believers. So I feel secure that I know more about the story than the "Non-believers" and certainly more than you. Positive passion tends to motivate one more than negative passion such as yours.

Really? Then why did you skip completely over the very long post where Thatsjustweird corrected you on several things. I am not even going to bother with the rest of your empty response until you try addressing someone who has clearly pointed out several problems with your version of John's story that you know so well.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorningStar8741

Do I need to say a third time that I am arguing for the truth, logic, common sense, and honesty?

Wow...waste bandwidth much? There is a button next to the reply button called the "EDIT" button. When you click it you can go back and type new stuff or correct misspellings and bad grammar. As opposed to replying and replying and replying.

As for your virtuous truth, logic, common sense, and honesty..... you argue for none of those no matter how many times you repeat that to yourself.

As for the Titor postings being on ATS for free... Their is a search function in the top right hand corner of this page. If you type John Titor into it you will find the ATS john titor project and every posting the ATS project team could gather. The only things not there is the personal correspondence between John and Pam.

My response to you was not empty. It was full of measured thought. You are simply bored and you enjoy arguing about this story. Instead of honestly employing some common sense and logically ignoring those of us that believe Titor spoke the truth, you foolishly attempt to incite a heated debate over a topic you apparently dislike.

There was no civil war in 2005. The Olympics did happen. And yet some of us still believe Titors story. If you can not accept that some people may keep beliefs that seem irrational to you then your life must be quite hard to live.

top topics

<< 227  228  229    231  232  233 >>

join