It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Civil War of 2005 as predicted by John Titor

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TPL

But did he imply the Summer Olympics, which take place in 2008? I think Titors a hoax on the most part but thats what some will argue.

I don't think he implied the summer olympics but as you point out if you take it this way the Titor story can go on until 2008.

Personally I think Titor is a person who was very knowledgeable about current events and extrapolated what he thought into a plausible story of the future. His "history" is really based on what someone saw during the Clinton administration with the polarization of the electorate, events like Waco, the unresolved issue in Iraq, and British mad cow issues. he took these ideas and extrapolated them into the future. As a result he missed some bolts out of the blue like 9/11 but was on the money about trends that were already visible. Whether he is from the future or as I expect just another person in our own time line he was a good reader of the times and just like a weather forcaster can see the future based on the past Titor is hitting probably about 50% thus far. Just like the weather man however the further we move into the future and the more specific he is the more likely his guesses are wrong. He even hedged his bets on the 2008 election by referring to him/her. Obviously he sees the potential for Hillary to run. If Hillary wins people will say Titor had insight. If not he never said it would be a "her". Titor is a smart man and I continue to pay attention on the 1% chance he is real and because I think how this hoax has taken off to be fascinating but you would be a fool to move to the countryside on his advice.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TPL

But did he imply the Summer Olympics, which take place in 2008? I think Titors a hoax on the most part but thats what some will argue.

I always though he meant China Summer Olympics in 2008 ...

Also he said, the civil war will be at everyones doorstep by 2008..

So 2008 is going to be my marker

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
hhmm... well its June 2005 so all its left is 6 more months to see how "good" those predictions are. if anything the people capable to take this country to a civil war woudld probably be "Hitlary" clinton and her gun banning projects.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Then you explain Waco to me?????

good luck

I think you are all digging too deep in defining WACO.

Waco, simply defined was a group of citizens who was had the rights to assemble and to bear arms, and freedom of speach and religion, and search and seizure, and cruel and unusual punishment.

Then we have the FEDS who raided and Killed those citizens...

So my definition of WACO is the FED forcably taking away peoples rights, and killing, injuring, or attacking them if they refuse to be taken.

and... all the non-lethal deaths this year keeps bringing me back to TITOR is REAL.

Maybe he's not a time travelor ... maybe he has that invention from the Ben Aflack movie Paycheck!

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
Waco, simply defined was a group of citizens who was had the rights to assemble and to bear arms, and freedom of speach and religion, and search and seizure, and cruel and unusual punishment.

Then we have the FEDS who raided and Killed those citizens...

So my definition of WACO is the FED forcably taking away peoples rights, and killing, injuring, or attacking them if they refuse to be taken.

So a group of people minding their own business was just picked out by the Big Bad Feds and had their rights forcably taken away for no reason at all?

If only it were that simple...

Here's a timeline of the Waco incident.
www.pbs.org...

Good FAQ section.
www.pbs.org...

Edit: Oh yeah, and please show me where in any of taser deaths the victim was attacked by the police unprovoked...

[edit on 8-6-2005 by ThatsJustWeird]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
One of you said that Titor said that "the american president until 2008 was a good man who was just overwhelmed by world events"...
This is my point i made in my other post - why could not Titor have said that BUSH was a good man, etc, etc...This is not about Titor making "predictions" it's about him being a time traveler which means he should just have said "president Bush" and said an actual name, there is absolutly no reason for him to be vauge and just say the "american president", he would have gave the actual name...unless of course he did not know because he was not a time travler...

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by humbled_one
One of you said that Titor said that "the american president until 2008 was a good man who was just overwhelmed by world events"...
This is my point i made in my other post - why could not Titor have said that BUSH was a good man, etc, etc...This is not about Titor making "predictions" it's about him being a time traveler which means he should just have said "president Bush" and said an actual name, there is absolutly no reason for him to be vauge and just say the "american president", he would have gave the actual name...unless of course he did not know because he was not a time travler...

I tend to agree with you. I think Titor is most likely a hoax, however in his defense Titor did say something on this very subject. I can't quote him word for word but it was something to the effect that he didn't want to leave too specific things especially about individual people because in his mind it is best long term for America that we could go through these events. As such he didn't want them stopped. Saying Person X is an evil President who will lead us to nuclear war would not work because if enough people believed Titor person X couldn't become President or some nut would try to assasinate him/her.

One thing you can never find in any so called prophecy is a statement like "On the year XXXX, President XXXX of nation XXXX will launch a war against nation XXXXX". Neither Titor, Nostradamus, any bible scholar, or anyone that reads about prophecy can ever find such specificity except after the fact. Without such specificity all so called prophecy is in doubt.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
5. He mentioned nukes the size of basket balls....This adminitration research and development of bunker buster nuke bombs.

6. USA largest prison population, the use of Non-lethal weapons by the police Vs. civilain populations, mostly unarmed.

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

Titor didn't mention any of that.

Yes he did mention that:

Q: I doubt nuclear warheads are going to be shot from each end of the globe.
John Titor: "I would caution against that. That's exactly what "they" want you to think while they continue to develop smaller and more accurate MIRV's. Have you ever seen a neutron bomb the size of a basketball?"

Furthermore, John Titor mentioned WACO clearly as an example of "authorities" vs "civilians":

John Titor: “Have you see the documentary on Waco? Just for argument's sake, what do you think would happen if information were discovered that confirmed the worst accusations made against the law enforcement officers there? Would you hope nothing?”

“If the federal forces learned anything from WACO it was to install more reliable suppressors on their automatic weapons and don't use flash grenades that leave shell casings after the fire.”

“However, there are a great many “non lethal” weapon systems in development that turn out to be quite lethal. Sometimes I watch your television programs that show SWAT teams using new non-lethal weapons. They usually start out with, “In the future, the army and police will fight its enemies with new weapons systems”. When they use the word “enemy”, they’re talking about YOU! You don’t really think the Marines are going to jump out of helicopters overseas with sticky goop, pepper spray and seizure lights, do you?”

Question: Will you readily be able to identify the enemy? “They will be the ones arresting and holding people without due process.”

“The "enemy" that was attacked by Russia in the U.S. was the forces of the government you live under right now."

This will gradually grow into a civil war:

Question: Does the civil war start in such a way that those willing will have time to remove themselves to safer
locations. “Yes. You will be forced to ask yourself how many civil rights you will give up to feel safe.”

“When the civil "conflict" started and got worse, people generally decided to either stay in the cities and lose most of their civil rights under the guise of security or leave the cities for more isolated and rural areas. Our home was searched once and the neighbor across the street was arrested for some unknown reason. That convinced my father to leave the city.”

Question: What does this look like? Is it a stalemate with the resistance/militia hiding out until the cities are wiped out allowing them to surface? “The cities were not isolated because of them [ the Militia ]; they were isolated because of us.” [ the US population outside of the cities ]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
ROTH, again, when has Titor ever given "names" or "actual events" or things that are supposed to happen? If he was an actual time traveler, then why could he ahve not just said some things that actually happened? Like someone said on here, why could he have not mentioned 911??? Don't you think he would have mentioned something like that, since that is the event that really started our current gov't. on the rampage they are on???

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Proof...

Titor said that over 100,000 will die in 1 day sometime in 2005. When i first read that ... i doubted John Titor ... the only way that many people could die was in a nuclear war.

Then ... Boxing Day Tsunami!

I am not saying that Titor is 100% true and that his word should be gosple ... but shoundn't people pay attention to the world around them, and take titor as a possible warning? Maybe we should color code it to make it simple for all the sheeple?

Thats just being smart, IMO.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Where2hide, there are plenty of more credible sources then Titor to pay attention to how the world is going down hill fast. Thing is saying "100, 000" is not "proof" of anything. If he was a time traveler he should have just gave the name of the event that kills 100,000 plain and simple, no guess work needed as he is supposed to know the exact events...

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

houston.indymedia.org...

journals.aol.com...

Im not implying that some of these people did not provoke there tazering, but it seems where the police are trained to use "lethal" force as a last resort....tazering on the other hand seems to be used more offened than needed, or a first response....either way it is creating a us vs. them mentality.... Do you think the 6 year old, or 13 year old or the 85 year old woman, or the pregnant chick will view the police as there friends, or the so called public servants they were ment to be???

The people at Waco were tried and sentanced without due process, they or david koresh or whatever his name foresaw the coming problems his congragation was going to have with the Government so they banded together to live outside of our society....and now they are dead. Im not emplying if they were right or wrong...that would have taken a trial....but Davids vision of the future was right on.

you can pretend all you want that our counrty is all peaches and creme, its a easy view if your a cop, procecuting attorney, judge, politican, but the rest of us seem to be on our own...

What would or what are you gonna do when they come for you?

2008 will tell

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
Proof...

Titor said that over 100,000 will die in 1 day sometime in 2005. When i first read that ... i doubted John Titor ... the only way that many people could die was in a nuclear war.

Then ... Boxing Day Tsunami!

He did not say 100,000 people will die in 1 day in 2005. He said that in general and not in that context...

Actual quote:
"There’s nothing like the look on someone’s face when you tell them 100,000 people will be dead tomorrow"

bigger quote:

In my experience, when it becomes necessary to convince someone what I do for a living the only way to do that is to be related to them. Everything else is immediately written off as a parlor trick, even if they’re standing in front of a cooling distortion unit and I show them a dollar bill with the year 2029 on it.

In the last few months, I have had numerous extended conversations online and there are quite a few things I’ve said which can easily be checked out but haven’t. I get no pleasure out of being right when it comes to CJD disease, war in the Middle East or suffering people in far away lands. There’s nothing like the look on someone’s face when you tell them 100,000 people will be dead tomorrow. In my travels, I have discovered that most people really don’t want to know about the future because if its different than what they want it ticks them off. Actually, I don’t blame them.

1. He gives no date
2. The tsunami happened in 2004 not '05 btw
3. The death toll is closer to 200,000 than it is to 100,000.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Why did you combine my quotes Roth?

The "
" is seperate from the 'he didn't say that'

The "
" is because that stuff has been in development for years, and I was wondering what that had to do with anything we were talking about.

The 'he didn't say that' was in reference to us having the largest prison population. I just read over the whole Titor story again, I was correct in that he never mentioned that. So how is it something he was right on?

Also, if you can please provide any proof that the use of non lethal weapons has risen is say oh, the past 40 years or so.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The prison thing is in the spirt of the whole Fed gov, vs citizens thing. Are you comfortable knowing that are prisons are full of NON-Violent offenders?

Were supposed to be the home of brave, then why is the government so chicken-sh$# over terrorist, why do they keep preaching fear.. If the Fed wanted to protect you from terrorist they would close the borders, and the Tool known as the Patiot act is more about putting down a popular uprising of the people than protecting you from terrorists.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

This was uncalled for:
www.commongroundcommonsense.org...

forums.obgyn.net...

just how many civilian deaths by the police is 2 much??

and why would our military be training useing non-lethal weapons?

ejmas.com...

usmilitary.about.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

bigger quote:

I get no pleasure out of being right when it comes to CJD disease, war in the Middle East or suffering people in far away lands. There’s nothing like the look on someone’s face when you tell them 100,000 people will be dead tomorrow.

you see he said those 2 things right after each other... what that implies is that he was thinking of the suffing of peoples of far away lands... and then he goes on to say 100,000 dead overnight.

3. The death toll is closer to 200,000 than it is to 100,000.

Yeah i thought about this too. If you were indonesia and you were going to get aid from World Nations and Organisations ... wouldn't you fudge the numbers a little bit in order to get more aid... have you seen how these people live! There is no way actually trace how many people died ... and i believe the final number to be inflated.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by humbled_one
ROTH, again, when has Titor ever given "names" or "actual events" or things that are supposed to happen? If he was an actual time traveler, then why could he ahve not just said some things that actually happened? Like someone said on here, why could he have not mentioned 911??? Don't you think he would have mentioned something like that, since that is the event that really started our current gov't. on the rampage they are on???

Well, that's very easy to answer. Actually John Titor has already given you the answer as well:

"Unfortunately, I have decided not to discuss events that you or I can do anything about. It is important that they be a surprise. Perhaps you are familiar with the story of the Red Sea and the Egyptians?"

9/11 is typically an example of an event that we couldn't do anything about.
Titor knew that.

"If the Egyptians knew the Red Sea was going to drown them, do you think they would have pursued Moses?"

"1. I will not disclose any information that will cause someone to personally gain by its knowledge. This means no stock or sports tips."

"2. I will not disclose any detailed information that would allow someone to avoid death by probability. This means no earthquake or bombing information."

"3. I will not disclose any information that may compromise any future actions by individual people or threaten their family and well-being."

[edit on 9-6-2005 by Roth Joint]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:08 AM
link   

He did not say 100,000 people will die in 1 day in 2005. He said that in general and not in that context...

Actual quote:
"There’s nothing like the look on someone’s face when you tell them 100,000 people will be dead tomorrow"

Actually it seems that John Titor indeed was referring to the Tsunami in South-East Asia when he said:

"I get no pleasure out of being right when it comes to CJD disease, war in the Middle East or suffering people in far away lands. There's nothing like the look on someone's face when you tell them 100,000 people will be dead tomorrow.

He wasn't giving any detailed earth/seaquake information but provided enough information to us in order to understand what he was referring to after the event happened on 12/26 2004 a few days prior to 2005.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Why did you combine my quotes Roth?

The "
" is seperate from the 'he didn't say that'

The "
" is because that stuff has been in development for years, and I was wondering what that had to do with anything we were talking about.

The 'he didn't say that' was in reference to us having the largest prison population. I just read over the whole Titor story again, I was correct in that he never mentioned that. So how is it something he was right on?

Also, if you can please provide any proof that the use of non lethal weapons has risen is say oh, the past 40 years or so.

It's not relevant to argue about futilities. Fact is that John Titor did mention nuclear bombs with the size of a baskeball:

Q: I doubt nuclear warheads are going to be shot from each end of the globe.
John Titor: "I would caution against that. That's exactly what "they" want you to think while they continue to develop smaller and more accurate MIRV's. Have you ever seen a neutron bomb the size of a basketball?"

Furthermore, John Titor was talking about the recently developed "non-lethal" weapons and the use of them have indeed increased tremendously. Come on ThatsJustWeird, there's enough proof of that in your newspapers. You do read them do you?
“However, there are a great many “non lethal” weapon systems in development that turn out to be quite lethal. Sometimes I watch your television programs that show SWAT teams using new non-lethal weapons. They usually start out with, “In the future, the army and police will fight its enemies with new weapons systems”. When they use the word “enemy”, they’re talking about YOU! You don’t really think the Marines are going to jump out of helicopters overseas with sticky goop, pepper spray and seizure lights, do you?”

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
You just don't get it Roth do you?

Let's say next year that there's an earthquake in China or somewhere and exactly 100,000 people die.
Will you then change your mind and say he's was talking about that or was he talking about the tsunami.

Anyway, read the whole thing again in context. You will see he wasn't talking about a specific event, but in general.

(the official death toll btw was close to 200,000 - 174,542 to be exact. en.wikipedia.org...:2004_Indian_Ocean_earthquake_casualties
note how many missing still haven't been counted. That's not inflated)

[edit on 9-6-2005 by ThatsJustWeird]

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join