It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Civil War of 2005 as predicted by John Titor

page: 201
<< 198  199  200    202  203  204 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glyph_D
and to come out and say hes a fraud/hoax without any evidence is denial at a defensive level, what do you gain by denying yourself intellectual freedom?

You're denying intellectual freedom by ignoring all the evidence that it's a hoax. How can you say there's no evidence??
ALL the evidence in the world points to him being a hoax. Mainly by fact that absolutely nothing he's said has come to pass. He wasn't being cryptic or speaking in riddles in his posts. He said very specific things and gave a timeline for these things.
To suggest it isn't a hoax means you have some evidence that the things he said would happen, have happened. So please present this evidence.
Thousands of people should be dead now in the 3 almost 4 year civil war. There should be at least 44 Waco type events which have progressively gotten worse. There should be a clear hatred between the city and country - so clear that Americans are killing each other because of it. The 2006 Olympics should have been canceled. The West should have collapsed. CERN should be online. The ME countries should be using WMDs against each other, etc.
Please present evidence this stuff is or has happened.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

hmmmm, why are you looking in the media?? are you suggesting that the 2% will allow media coverage?

during this day and age, you would rest your life in the hands of the media?? all they care about is keeping you tuned in(profits).

by the way your math is a little off.

titor himself said the waco events would be covered by the mainstream media like the original waco, or elian gonzales. the point is 0/44 isn't a 2% divergence.

its a cool idea, very well written, but it's fiction. that's all I'm saying.

lets have a little contest. Lets all try to find a "mega-trend" and make a prediction, and see how we do. If we all pick one, I bet we do better than 33%.

try to find something that will come to fruition before the end of 2007

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
no i said it remained 2 % until the y2k thing didn't happen then the divergence would grow at a compounded rate. look i know just like the next guy that our future is nothing more than the probability of collapsed wave forms. since they haven't collapsed yet they could become anything but they only become something if and when we get to perceive them.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

More than 190 arrested at D.C. protest

MATTHEW BARAKAT - AP
Sunday September 16, 2007

WASHINGTON - Several thousand anti-war demonstrators marched through downtown Washington on Saturday, clashing with police at the foot of the Capitol steps where more than 190 protesters were arrested.

3 others linked to tax-protest case arrested
September 12, 2007

CONCORD, N.H. - In addition to a Long Island man, three other men accused of helping obstruct justice in the case of convicted tax evaders Ed and Elaine Brown have been arrested, U.S. Marshal Stephen Monier said Wednesda

Roadblock at the Browns: Brown Supporter Lauren Canario Arrested

Saturday, 15 September 2007
By Kat Kanning

no civil disturbances here... everythings fine... go on as you were.

Sri Oracle

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Jailed in Defense of the Constitution
Thursday, 16 August 2007
By Dave Ridley

"I tell him I do not have training to withstand torture for a lengthy period but will nonviolently resist for as long as I am able."

www.keenefreepress.com...

Sri Oracle

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
lets play a "what if" game. personally i dont like to deal with what if s but some times they can present a counter to an issue and open new doors.

lets suppose we(TJW,sphinx,me) are trying to take over the world, or lets just say that we want to keep our country under "our" control.

so we create plans, and we begin to execute those plans. but then something happens we get wind of a man who claims to have come from the future, and starts making claims that appear eerily close to our plans.

he tells us that "our plan" will fail. we cant have that we have got to do somthing.

so we start to listen closely to this man, trying to find anything to take advantage of. first we start a smearing campaign, anything that can be under our control that corroborates his story must be altered(LHC, media, olympics).

now we move to things we dont have direct control over "the people". we start filling the populace with ideas of glamour, and material possession. to sway them away from the necessary truths(censoring of ron paul??)

becuase here the rub, in titors timeline there was no timetraveller to tell of painful futures. the govt had no idea that the rebel force(us) would actually fight back. but unfortunately for us, they do now thanks to titor. titor may have gave away the one thing we had going for us> "neglect". now the jaws of control are coming down tighter all around us. it may be possible that titor has made our fight even more terrible than his was.

divergence isnt just a function of the time distortion, its also the repercussions of human involvement.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
"Give a man a fish; you've feed him for today. Teach a man to fish... and he will spend all day drunk in a row boat."

What if...     Sounds like you wish to write your own story, which is fine. The Titor tale is so full of holes, and far too many people keep grasping at straws, trying to make a bale of hay.

Titor gave very specific details about the war to come and the build up to precede it. If he knew that divergence was going to be so significant that things would be completely different, then why did he tell us exactly what was going to happen? He mentioned that certain things were indeed going to happen with only a 2% divergence in small matters. They haven't happened. It was a Hoax pure and simple. Some college student told a tale online and people bought it hook, line, and sinker, like a drunk in a row boat.

If the exercise is to play "What if," all day, that is one thing. If people choose to believe in the hoax as reality, that is a horse of another color and I have no intention gathering hay for it.

That's two metaphors too many.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle

More than 190 arrested at D.C. protest

MATTHEW BARAKAT - AP
Sunday September 16, 2007

WASHINGTON - Several thousand anti-war demonstrators marched through downtown Washington on Saturday, clashing with police at the foot of the Capitol steps where more than 190 protesters were arrested.

3 others linked to tax-protest case arrested
September 12, 2007

CONCORD, N.H. - In addition to a Long Island man, three other men accused of helping obstruct justice in the case of convicted tax evaders Ed and Elaine Brown have been arrested, U.S. Marshal Stephen Monier said Wednesda

Roadblock at the Browns: Brown Supporter Lauren Canario Arrested

Saturday, 15 September 2007
By Kat Kanning

no civil disturbances here... everythings fine... go on as you were.

Sri Oracle

please do us a favor. I'm not being a smartass, I'm serious.

Please research US history from 1963 to 1973, and compare it to 1997 to 2007, and tell me which era was more unstable, and which would lend itself more to a civil war. I'm genuinely curious to see which has more "civil unrest"

thanks !

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
here's my titor prediction. it involves politics.

the republican party will win many surprise elections, including the presidency, and it will be attributed to the use of fear mongering among republican campaings, and perceived democratic weakness in defense policy"

by surprise I mean there will be no bush backlash regarding the war in Iraq.

I know I'm not going out on a limb here, but I am trying to say elections where a democrat "should" win will go got a republican

lets see if this one pans out. anyone else want to try ?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Yeah, it's easy. Hillary will win, the oppression from the government will increase, Ed Brown will be killed, militias will kill some of those involved, you will have your first big waco event and many others resistance will follow in protest.

Iran will be attacked, Syria too, Russia and China will increase their rhetoric and military spending. The dollar will plundge, bringing in a north american union, to ``save the economy in face of the EU and China`` increasing the anger of the american people. Amnesty for illegal aliens will happen. There will probably have dozens of fake terrorists attack, but ``real ones`` after Iran is attacked, that will further the police state. The US will stay in Iraq for 20 years at least, a draft may be called after Hillary comes in.

That's for the two next years, I can't predict further than that for now. All that have a high chance of happening unless Ron Paul is elected which can change the course of history for the better.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
"Give a man a fish; you've feed him for today. Teach a man to fish... and he will spend all day drunk in a row boat."

Titor gave very specific details about the war to come and the build up to precede it. If he knew that divergence was going to be so significant that things would be completely different, then why did he tell us exactly what was going to happen?

firstly, titor never stated any specifics(about the war). secondly, he didnt tell us what would happen in our timeline , he told us what took place in his timeline. then went on to say that our timelines appeared to be very similar.

He mentioned that certain things were indeed going to happen with only a 2% divergence in small matters. They haven't happened.

titor never- not once stated that "this will take place" with the divergence as a factor. he left the divergence scenarios out of the discussion. he stated some things(from his timeline) were likely, but never gave a guarantee.

Vitchilo that sounds about right.

EDIT:

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
Please research US history from 1963 to 1973, and compare it to 1997 to 2007, and tell me which era was more unstable, and which would lend itself more to a civil war. I'm genuinely curious to see which has more "civil unrest"

thanks !

well one thing thats different is during Vietnam, nobody really knew where to stand. now people want nothing to do with that same BS. the knowledge we gained from that time period may very well be use today.

and that seems about right... the people know of whats to come(more war, lots of death:/), so they have been trying to advert the outcome through nonviolent approach(becuase clearly it didnt work in the past). however as more time will pass they will come to grasp that violence is the supreme authority, and it must be brought forth once again.

you wait, keep watching the world from your couch. things are going to get "real" real soon.

[edit on 19/9/07 by Glyph_D]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I just found this thread and only read a few pages, but this might be like Ray Bradbury's TOYNBEE CONVECTOR. A man claims to know the future and his story is so good it gives people hope and they create the future he said would happen.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
I just found this thread and only read a few pages, but this might be like Ray Bradbury's TOYNBEE CONVECTOR. A man claims to know the future and his story is so good it gives people hope and they create the future he said would happen.

Its more likely if Titor's story were true, This thread changes all the bad stuff that was supposed to happen.

Originally posted by Terapin

sounds like me and my friends

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   

well one thing thats different is during Vietnam, nobody really knew where to stand.

you wait, keep watching the world from your couch. things are going to get "real" real soon.

[edit on 19/9/07 by Glyph_D]

HUH?? During Vietnam, there were massive protests all across the country on a regular basis. Remember Kent State??? That is where innocent students were Shot and Killed by National Guard troops. The killed Students were bystanders during a protest against the war. Marches on Washington were very frequent and far more significant than anything going on today. "Sit ins" were common in protest of the war. Riots were not unknown. There is a whole history of events that took place because people were fed up with the direction that the Government was taking the country and during Vietnam, people actually DID something about it. Today... there are a few minor little protests in comparison. Perhaps you are too young to comment on the differences?

As for your second comment..... I have been hearing that refrain in this thread for years. Thus far Zilch. I don't simply watch the world from my couch. I see the world first hand, in person, all across the globe.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Citizens Arrested for reading the Constitution

nothing to see here folks

Sri Oracle

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
War Protest in Washington 9/15

Nothing to see there either

If you want to compare a ten year timeline to 1963-1973... look to 2002-2012; not 1997 to present.

Sri

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
War Protest in Washington 9/15

Nothing to see there either

If you want to compare a ten year timeline to 1963-1973... look to 2002-2012; not 1997 to present.

Sri

how do you plan on comparing anything after today ? Do you have titor's cell phone number ?

no one is saying the world is perfect, just not as titor described it. It really is a waste of time to post anything that doesn't qualify as a waco like event.

what's next, someone gets a speeding ticket, and thinks it's BS ?

this country has made it through assassinations, gas shortages, and believe it or not, a war that was less popular than Iraq, and riots.

if this country made it through the 60's without a civil war, a few taser events here and there aren't going to make the average american feel like killing other americans

don't forget that : titor didn't describe a war of people vs the gov't, or a coup or a revolution, he described a civil war.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Most of you seems unaware of something. The lack of protests isn't important, 9/11 and being oppressed for protesting is a big pressure on protesters. A lot of people are against the war, but most of the cops are now so big thugs and the last 30% supporting the war on terror are so fanatics that everyone on their side become everyday more extreme and understand that their counterpart is the enemy.

Those supporting the constitution know that more and more the police, the government and neo-cons are against them more and more, more agressive everyday.
Those supporting the war on terror and believing everything they're told hate 9/11 truthers, hate pro-rights people, hate anti-war people, they hate them as traitors, as pro-terrorists... as against america basically.

The recents and everyday's events about police abuse of power and brutality show how much it's increasing, if you don't submit to government or to gods, aka cops, you will die by taser or at the very least being tortured by taser... but they change terms, now being tasered is not public torture, it's pain compliance.

The tensions are building, those supporting the constitution are buying guns and know what's coming, a depression and massive oppression against those who won't go along with giving up sovergnity, accepting the economic crash, accepting the Iran war and accepting the police state. And your deeply mistaken if you think there's not a bunch of groups wanting to either go kill another group or go against the government for various reasons, from freedom to anarchy or to communism...

The worst of it all is that most ``democrats`` who call themselves pro-constitution will forget everything when Hillary is elected... which is disgusting because the NWO will rape us even more and people will be even more radicals on both sides.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I cannot believe this is still going. For the love of...whatever you love, leave it alone. It was interesting about a year and a half ago at the begining of 2006 or so when it wasn't that far off from 2005 or so, but now its close to the end of 2007, and I still don't see any visible signs of civil disturbances. I would bet in 2008 it won't be overly worse either.

It was fun while it lasted, but please, let it go. It was fun to argue for titors story and the possibility that it was slightly off but by now you just have to give it up. Sure police are abusing their power, like they have been for... as long as police have been around. Tasers, though sometimes lethal, is far from killing that many people. Titor took issues that he felt had the best probability of occuring. Things like mad cow disease and civil unrest, they were possible and probable outcomes. Now although I find it interesting he made such predictions before 9/11, for all we know he was one of the hi-jackers and hoped for our country to fall apart. Who knows.

What I do know is enough is enough, and lets move on to more productive conspiracies, where we may actually find something worth while.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

The tensions are building, those supporting the constitution are buying guns and know what's coming, a depression and massive oppression against those who won't go along with giving up sovergnity, accepting the economic crash, accepting the Iran war and accepting the police state.

please back up your statement with facts.

new topics

top topics

<< 198  199  200    202  203  204 >>

join