It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Civil War of 2005 as predicted by John Titor

page: 172
<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles
Maybe your to busy with work and media deception. (Is there a word for that lol.)

This really doesn't make sense

Yes, I am busy with work. Unlike you guys who are probably hiding out in your parents basement in fear of a phantom civil war, me and the rest of the world are continuing on with our lives.

Media deception?
You're believing some random person on the internet claiming to be a time traveler and you're talking about media decption??
:laugh::laugh:
Oh man, you can't make this stuff up! You guys are hilarious!!

Media decpetion in what!?
The media isn't making any wild claims, Titor is.

I don’t remember a great deal about media coverage during the civil conflicts.

Titor doesn't remember much of it and doesn't give his age or a timeline in the above quote.

Did you see the rest of Titor's quote?

I'm not sure where you're going with this

Oh!! don't forget it steadily gets worse.

Exactly! The Waco events steadily get worse sooooo
PLEASE show these steadily worsening events!

SURE it will eventually go 24/7 wall to wall media. Are you in a hurry?

lol
See you haven't even read Titor and you blindly believe him.
He said the waco EVENTS would get worse, not the media! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The war would IMMEDIATELY be covered 24/7 by every major news media around the WORLD as a civil in the US now a days would be one of the biggest events in world history as it will affect the vast majorty of the world.

Yes it's 2007, but we are not on Titor's cw worldline.

You still believe in Santa Clause don't you?

I have provided you enough.... you should learn to google.

Why are you so reluctant to list the events. There should be at least 39 now. With each one getting progressively worse. I'll let you off the hook and ask you to go ahead and give me the first 5. Since these were the first you should know them by heart now.

again........?

John Titor
Perhaps our definition of war is different.

Do you want more?

That's it?

You're supposed to explain how people misinterpret that.
If you finish off the rest of Titor's quote you would see how he describes his definition of war. I posted that in my last post.

The one link I provided for you this month shows groups moving and engaging in armed conflict.
Do you get it now?

I just looked over all your links and which one are you refering to because neither showed that. Unless I missed a link.....

If that's what you want to believe, fine.

What I believe or what you believe doesn't matter. It's facts.

They know better not to splatter Waco type events in the media now, actually that link above was a huge operation for one guy, but smaller than Waco. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Steadily it will get worse and bigger.

LOL!!!
My goodness man. Your lack of knowledge is astounding. ANY standoff in ANY country is going to gather a decent response for the police. If you can show me when this hasn't happened in the past 200+ years in this country then please do

I live about 30 min away from where all that happened so I got local news coverage. It definately wasn't as big as you're trying to make it out to be and it's absolutely hilarious seeing you trying to twist that into something huge.

Don't you watch Cops or Wildest Police Videos. Stuff like that happens ALL the time and has been since this country was formed.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hi there,

Just a few words from Titor to remember:

"I do however want to stress a point I tried to make a while ago that seems to have escaped most people. I once posted a list of things to do (or not do) to get ready for your future. One of them was to avoid eating animals that are fed their own dead. I'm not sure anyone picked up on the fact that I was talking about "mad cow" disease. I did see in the news recently that a (one of many actually) U.S. based feed distributor was closed because they were breaking the law by using dead animals in their feed."

"Mad cow is in the US now. Do not listen to anyone who tells you otherwise."

"I would also urge you to keep an eye on the world. It is capable of changing very quickly now."

Boy, was he right....

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The younger "John Titor" on this worldline is now at the age of nine years.

Anyone, tell me, what do you remember of media coverage in your world when you were nine years old?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roth Joint

Anyone, tell me, what do you remember of media coverage in your world when you were nine years old?

Excatly!

You're a Titorite and you get it, how come X doesn't?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

Excatly!

You're a Titorite and you get it, how come X doesn't?

Titorite, Agonist, Bush-ite, Neocon, NWO, Enemy of Freedom.... what's in a name?

I am merely supporting XPhiles... sorry
.... John Titor doesn't remember much about media coverage when he was 9-12 years old.... That's the age you do not particularly watch the news with a certain engagement...that’s indeed one reason why Titor didn’t know much about it…..after all, at that age you are more worried about impressing your classmates at school.....

However, the other reason could be that whilst studying history, John Titor couldn’t find much evidence of media coverage during that time period as well….after all John Titor experienced that time period first hand AND he studied history… he couldn’t find much…… looks very much like the time period we are experiencing right now…. Media in stealth mode…..

I am sure that when things in reality got really worse a few school years later (read: 2008 to 2010) the realization kicked in big time and the very young John Titor realized his schooldays were pretty soon over......

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Bottom-line, Titor "predicted" in 2001 (a few months before 9/11) this world could change very quickly..... he knew it.... first hand.... so he also knew how the media would react and evolve under Bush in the years between 2001 and 2008.....

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

This really doesn't make sense
Yes, I am busy with work. Unlike you guys who are probably hiding out in your parents basement in fear of a phantom civil war, me and the rest of the world are continuing on with our lives.

I know of some people who haven't a clue about the outside world as they are always wrapped up in their work, (top it off with media blackouts.) They only talk about work or getting laid and reminisce about HS school days. They do continue on with their lives while corporate media's deceit has them entertained.

I guess you could fit in this category, some of them even make it on the Jerry Springer show.

Media decpetion in what!?

Media deception in information.
I guess you never watch the fox channel or know of it's methods of deception. Where have you been?

The media isn't making any wild claims, Titor is.

The corporatist media has a long history of making wild claims, more than half of Americans still believe Saddam is responsible for 9/11.

Did you see the rest of Titor's quote?

What do you mean? I posted the whole quote.

Exactly! The Waco events steadily get worse sooooo
PLEASE show these steadily worsening events!

You really need to learn how to search these for yourself, I'm not here to broadcast news 24/7 for you.

Stop perceptually looking at trustworthy faces in the news and start seeking the truth yourself, then take your own little investigation and compare it with corporate media outlets. Steadily you will see how imperfect your knowledge is, steadily you will see how worse it really is. Do this, and you will soon learn you are indeed living in a repressive society ruled by the elite.

lol
See you haven't even read Titor and you blindly believe him.
He said the waco EVENTS would get worse, not the media! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You really don't make any sense, I suppose you want to joke around lol?
I said, SURE it will eventually go 24/7 wall to wall media. Are you in a hurry? And you know, that does make sense.

The war would IMMEDIATELY be covered 24/7 by every major news media around the WORLD as a civil in the US now a days would be one of the biggest events in world history as it will affect the vast majorty of the world.

Yes! your finally half right lol, it would be that way at it's highest or most intense point, then it would be considered a war. As of now it's steadily getting worse, it's not reached a decisive moment. It's intensity will increase as the deceptive vail will be no more. And when it does transfer, will you be prepared?

Why are you so reluctant to list the events. There should be at least 39 now. With each one getting progressively worse. I'll let you off the hook and ask you to go ahead and give me the first 5. Since these were the first you should know them by heart now.

I have, in a willing manner giving you enough. You decline to accept it, simple acts of denial and refusing to discuss it will get you nowhere. For you it's purely a defense mechanism to help you along in a false reality.

That's it?
You're supposed to explain how people misinterpret that.
If you finish off the rest of Titor's quote you would see how he describes his definition of war. I posted that in my last post.

You are more than welcome to finish it for me. Anyway, I assumed you would thnk you know the rest. Here's another one...

John Titor
In our attempt to communicate here, some of the comments on this board have become increasingly hostile and negative.

LOL!!!
My goodness man. Your lack of knowledge is astounding. ANY standoff in ANY country is going to gather a decent response for the police. If you can show me when this hasn't happened in the past 200+ years in this country then please do
I live about 30 min away from where all that happened so I got local news coverage. It definately wasn't as big as you're trying to make it out to be and it's absolutely hilarious seeing you trying to twist that into something huge.

Ah! but this was more than just police.... This was not your everyday normal standoff, again look away from the pretty faces on tv and search the truth. The fact that you only live 30 minutes away just proves a point about deceitful media. Get acquaintance with facts, think on the levels of those in control.

[edit on 28-3-2007 by XPhiles]

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Thanks Roth

I'm glad to see an authority on Titor to chime in on my behalf.

Always find your post the most informing.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

However, the other reason could be that whilst studying history, John Titor couldn’t find much evidence of media coverage during that time period as well….after all John Titor experienced that time period first hand AND he studied history… he couldn’t find much…… looks very much like the time period we are experiencing right now…. Media in stealth mode…

wtf are you talking about? Titor states how the media covers the war.

And again, you would have a very strong mental disability if you think the media would not cover the most important event in human history. I don't know where you all got that from or what in the world you're basing that on but it's an completely and utterly stupid line of thinking.

X

I know of some people who haven't a clue about the outside world as they are always wrapped up in their work, (top it off with media blackouts.) They only talk about work or getting laid and reminisce about HS school days. They do continue on with their lives while corporate media's deceit has them entertained.

I guess you could fit in this category, some of them even make it on the Jerry Springer show.

wtf are you talking about man?

How would I fit in that category?? lmao!!! You're.....you're something else I tell ya

Also, you need to find a new circle of friends

The corporatist media has a long history of making wild claims, more than half of Americans still believe Saddam is responsible for 9/11.

1. No they don't and I challenge you to show otherwise. Americans never believed Saddam was responsible for 9/11

2. Why do you keep talking about the mainstream media? If you think secondary media isn't full of propaganda too you're out of your mind!!

You really need to learn how to search these for yourself, I'm not here to broadcast news 24/7 for you.

What are you talking about!?
I HAVE been searching. I can't find them but you obviously know what they are so, please show me what they are! How hard is this!? It's so simple

Stop perceptually looking at trustworthy faces in the news and start seeking the truth yourself, then take your own little investigation and compare it with corporate media outlets. Steadily you will see how imperfect your knowledge is, steadily you will see how worse it really is. Do this, and you will soon learn you are indeed living in a repressive society ruled by the elite.

1. How do you know where I get my info from???
2. I'M THE ONE DOING ALL THE RESEARCH!! You guys haven't done squat!!
3. Please tell me where you get your info from? (I can guarantee you right now it's a slanted propaganda site)

You really don't make any sense, I suppose you want to joke around lol?
I said, SURE it will eventually go 24/7 wall to wall media. Are you in a hurry? And you know, that does make sense.

What do you mean eventually? It WOULD be that immediately. Titor never stated that it wouldn't be he said it would.

Yes! your finally half right lol, it would be that way at it's highest or most intense point, then it would be considered a war. As of now it's steadily getting worse, it's not reached a decisive moment. It's intensity will increase as the deceptive vail will be no more. And when it does transfer, will you be prepared?

*sigh*
Again, read Titor before posting.
Titor stated that the WAR would start in 2004. He described what he meant by "war"
It's been three years and not even the secondary media is covering this war?? Are you kidding me?

That is neither logical or possible.

I have, in a willing manner giving you enough. You decline to accept it, simple acts of denial and refusing to discuss it will get you nowhere. For you it's purely a defense mechanism to help you along in a false reality.

1. You haven't given me a thing!? Why lie?
2. Again, what am I denying??
3. False reality? Are you serious? I'm living my life based on reality buddy, you guys are living your life based on a FALSE character!!
If you think real life is a "false reality" then I don't know what do say....it's pretty much hopeless for you....

Ah! but this was more than just police.... This was not your everyday normal standoff

What are you talking about!? lol
You've obviously never seen a standoff before if this is what you think....
Well again, here too.....I can't help you. I've suggested many time before to research before posting but you all continue to refuse to do so...

Here's something great

www.jibjab.com...

[edit on 28-3-2007 by ThatsJustWeird]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I've always felt this is one area that doesn't get discussed much, his description of the economy

.link

Tackling John Titor, Time Traveller
(Crossposted from my LJ.)

In the last couple of days I've been introduced to an interesting tale. A tale that disturbed me, concerned me, made me wonder if our world as we know it has less than 15 years left.

It is the tale of John Titor, a self-proclaimed time traveler from the year 2036.

Okay, it sounds crazy. It's not crazy, though...it's simply a hoax. It's a compelling hoax, so I decided to write my take on it. After some initial 'what if' excitement about it, the reality set in that this wasn't what it appeared to be. In this piece, I hope to prove relatively clearly that his claims are false both in theory and in fact. He seemed to know enough about physics to pass amongst laymen, but unfortunately he skipped philosophy and economics while he was reading all those physics books. Since this story just won't seem to die and there is evidence that the same perpetrator is now claiming to be an alien on various boards across the web, I felt it was worth sitting down and analyzing.

I should begin by providing the source material. This is the best collective of John Titor records I could find. I don't know who owns the domain or runs the site, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's 'Titor' himself. The skew is absolutely 'pro' Titor, clutching at the most remote potential 'proof' that what he claimed is true.

John's tale is one that is easy to believe. In a few short years from when he began telling it, the United States was to face some sort of internal crisis resulting in a civil war, one of militias and rural gun owners against totalitarian city states ruled by the federal government. Beginning in 2004 and early 2005, this civil 'flares up and down' for ten years until, in 2015, Russia attacks the government of the United States (AKA the urban city states), China and the European Union. The war is short and very nuclear. He claims that the US government (which he dubs the 'AFE (American Federal Empire)') is destroyed, along with the European Union and China. He says that in 2036, Russia is the new United States' primary trading partner.

Along with these claims of war, he makes reference to CJD (AKA Mad Cow Disease) becoming 'pandemic' by 2036 due to our current misunderstanding of how it gestates. (An apparent latency period of 10-30 years leads to virtually every meat eater in the world coming down with it.) He gives many details about the world of the future and his time machine, as well as his 'mission' in the past.

He revealed his story using bulletin boards across the web, particularly Art Bell's P2P bulletin board and anomalies.net. He seemed to answer people's questions to the best of his ability, but refused to answer certain questions based on a code of ethics. He supplied pictures of his time machine, even scans of the operational manual with cutaway technical drawings.

In April of 2001, he 'returned' to the year 2036 to complete his mission.

He never tried to convince anyone, at least, not overtly. He never asked for anything, never tried to sell anything, even refused to help change our potential future for reasons he attempted to explain based on his religious faith and knowledge of time travel and 'worldlines'.

The problem is, it was all a lie. He stayed a little too long and started to get his answers crossed up. I'm going to attempt to address some of the major flaws in his story and possibly debunk this story once and for all.

Economics
Titor mentioned economics a few times.

'There is no large industrial complex creating masses of useless food and recreational items. Food and livestock is grown and sold locally.'
'Life is much more rural in the future but "high" technology is used to communicate and travel. People raise a great deal of their own food and do
more "farm" work. Yes, compared to now, we do work long hours. After the war, my father made a living selling oranges up and down the West coast of
Florida. My closest friend raises horses and another works for a company that maintains "wireless" Internet nodes.'
'Its not very different than it is now. Yes, we have money and credit cards. However, like everything else, the monetary system is decentralized. Banking
is based mostly around the community structure. There are no multinational banking or computerized economic systems. There are also no income taxes.'

All good, right?

He stumbles here:

'In 2036, community life is a bit different. People are valued and judged based on their contribution and worth. Work is organized around the family and the value of that work is assessed inside of the community. Most communities range in size from 1000 to 4000 people. If a family wanted to move from one community to another or if a son or daughter wanted to move to another community, they must apply and be interviewed by the community leadership council. During this process, the family or individual is evaluated as to whether or not the work or skill they have is required or necessary to that individual community. Once accepted, the family or individual is expected to uphold their end of the work and support the community. If they don't, the community stops supporting them and they are forced to change their attitude or move away from the community.

The family work we did was picking, sorting and shipping oranges by sailboat up and down the coast of Florida. We were expected to produce a certain
amount for the community and a certain amount for other communities as agreed to by our CLC. In exchange, we received power, water, a certain amount of food and other necessities that were produced inside our community.'

He basically describes communal living. The economy is communist, with work creating goods or providing services in exchange for other goods and services. Where do credit cards enter into this picture? Money? The ability to make money or pay credit card bills? They don't. Those are elements of a capitalist society...the exact opposite of the cultural picture he paints in those paragraphs.

It gets worse.

'The people who sign my paycheck told me why we needed a 5100 and sent me off to get one.'

So he gets a paycheck. Does that sound like the trading/communal system? Watch as the economics of his claims fall apart.

'27. Yes, paper money is still widely used.'
'Does money look different than it does now? No, money is pretty much the same. Unfortunately, I do not have any money with me because I wouldn't be able to use it here.'
'Is the same type of currency used? Is ours today good in 2010 or 2020? Yes, we use money. That's a good question. I don't see why you couldn't use
your current bills in the future.'

It IS a good question. Currently, the value of the dollar is based on a 'floating currency system'. In 2002 that became a -dual- currency system when the Euro came out as the competition on the world market for dollar share. A good link describing money in the US is here.

The current system of currency would collapse in the event of a catastrophic world war wiping out the financial centers and banking hubs of the world. Paper money would just be paper, as there would be no banks or federal reserve to guarantee it. Even falling back on the old gold standard wouldn't work, as there wouldn't be a United States government to put one in place. (Is one to believe that Fort Knox would be spared from the nuclear barrage? Lots of tanks there as well as gold.) Even -if-, in the 20 years since the initial attacks, the U.S. had managed to create a new monetary system to replace the old, and give it some sort of basis that would allow for trading it not only amongst ourselves for goods and services but also with other countries, our current money would certainly be worthless seeing as how it's value is based on systems no longer valid after the catastrophic destruction of half of mankind.

There are other economic and logical problems with his story. GE makes the time machine...but surely, all urban areas were destroyed? Somehow not only did GE (headquartered in New York City) somehow survive as a company, but their research and development allowed them to continue current research UNABATED throughout civil and nuclear war! Quite an amazing company, that GE

just a reminder.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

wtf are you talking about? Titor states how the media covers the war.

Tsk, tsk.. you are lying again.... show me the quote where Titor states how the media covers the second American civil war........ quote/link please....

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
He basically describes communal living. The economy is communist, with work creating goods or providing services in exchange for other goods and services.

Wrong. It is more like the system as it was in the early days during the American “Wild West.” I have no problem with that system… I have no problem to believe that system was simply the best after a nuclear war.. do you? That American good ol’ West system was simply centred around the family and community…. Nothing wrong with that. You are a patriot are you?

Where do credit cards enter into this picture? Money? The ability to make money or pay credit card bills? They don't. Those are elements of a capitalist society...the exact opposite of the cultural picture he paints in those paragraphs.

Is this creep saying the system of the American “Wild West” was the exact opposite of a capitalist society?
As said above, the system had nothing to do with communism…. Life was simply decentralized….. now why is that so hard to grasp?

John Titor
”Life is centered on the family and then the community. I cannot imagine living even a few hundred miles away from my parents. There is no large industrial complex creating masses of useless food and recreational items. Food and livestock is grown and sold locally.”

”Yes, we have money and credit cards. However, like everything else, the monetary system is decentralized. Banking is based mostly around the community structure. There are no multinational banking or computerized economic systems.”

So he gets a paycheck.

Yes, he does smartpants. You know why? Because there’s money.

The current system of currency would collapse in the event of a catastrophic world war wiping out the financial centers and banking hubs of the world. Paper money would just be paper, as there would be no banks or federal reserve to guarantee it.

All speculation and irrelevant. Money is based on credit,but our money hasn't been backed by gold since 1935 when Roosevelt took us off the gold standard.

Even falling back on the old gold standard wouldn't work, as there wouldn't be a United States government to put one in place.

Rubbish. The US doesn’t have a Government?

John Titor
“After the war, the United States had split into five separate regions based on the various factors and military objectives they each had.”

There are other economic and logical problems with his story. GE makes the time machine...but surely, all urban areas were destroyed? Somehow not only did GE (headquartered in New York City) somehow survive as a company, but their research and development allowed them to continue current research UNABATED throughout civil and nuclear war! Quite an amazing company, that GE

He makes it sound is if the whole earth was destroyed. Remember, only the major cities were attacked and half of the earth’s population survived. And ofcourse such an important “Time Travel Project” would be exploited in a very safe secret (perhaps deep underground) facility.

Just a reminder…..

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Tsk, tsk.. you are lying again.... show me the quote where Titor states how the media covers the second American civil war........ quote/link please....

What do you think we've been discussing?
You've quoted him on this too. Seriously dude, what are you talking about?
When asked about media coverage of the war he states:

I don't remember a great deal about media coverage during the civil conflicts. I would probably characterize it the same way you see coverage of Waco, Ruby Ridge and Elian Gonzalez

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Also, you need to find a new circle of friends

That I have, I would describe them as shepherds who protect the sheep from the wolves, they are able to sustain and prosper in an deadly environment while watching over their sheep. If a shepherd loses one sheep, he would leave the others to look for it. Very good friends they are.

1. No they don't and I challenge you to show otherwise. Americans never believed Saddam was responsible for 9/11

2. Why do you keep talking about the mainstream media? If you think secondary media isn't full of propaganda too you're out of your mind!!

1. www.harrisinteractive.com...
2. It's mass media, they reach a very large audience.

1. How do you know where I get my info from???
2. I'M THE ONE DOING ALL THE RESEARCH!! You guys haven't done squat!!
3. Please tell me where you get your info from? (I can guarantee you right now it's a slanted propaganda site)

1. Sheep usually feed together.
2. Hahaha... You would make a poor researcher, your lacking in devotion.
3. Google is your friend, Just *%$#ing Google It !!!

1. You haven't given me a thing!? Why lie?
2. Again, what am I denying??

1. I have giving you clear, unmistakable examples of Waco type events, those small examples are just a portion of unfortunate things to come.

2. Sometimes it's the denial that turns people into sheep or wolves. Though I think there is some hope for you, just confront your denial and recognize that John Titor was here and has giving you fair warning.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   

What do you think we've been discussing?
You've quoted him on this too. Seriously dude, what are you talking about?
When asked about media coverage of the war he states:

I don't remember a great deal about media coverage during the civil conflicts. I would probably characterize it the same way you see coverage of Waco, Ruby Ridge and Elian Gonzalez

Is that all you can come up with? Nowhere in this quote does Titor state how the media covers the second American civil war. You do know what the word "probably" means do you? There you go.....

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles

Thanks Roth

I'm glad to see an authority on Titor to chime in on my behalf.

Always find your post the most informing.

Thanks XPhiles!

That means that there are at least 2 authorities on Titor!

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Ever thought about this: Most of us on this board are going to live through 2015 and even 2036...... to live and tell....... (however I am not sure about thatsjustweird...... I still want his boots
)...........

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
CERN just had a massive and catastrophic failure of the super conducting electromagnets used to accelerate sub atomic particles. This will set them back Years. So much for them producing micro black holes any time soon.

From Fermilab, the makers of the superconducting Magnets:

On Tuesday, March 27, there was a serious failure in a high-pressure test at CERN of a Fermilab-built "inner-triplet" series of three quadrupole magnets in the tunnel of the Large Hadron Collider. The magnets focus the particle beams prior to collision at each of four interaction points around the accelerator.

Safety precautions were followed during the test, and no one was injured.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
CERN just had a massive and catastrophic failure of the super conducting electromagnets used to accelerate sub atomic particles. This will set them back Years. So much for them producing micro black holes any time soon.

From Fermilab, the makers of the superconducting Magnets:

On Tuesday, March 27, there was a serious failure in a high-pressure test at CERN of a Fermilab-built "inner-triplet" series of three quadrupole magnets in the tunnel of the Large Hadron Collider. The magnets focus the particle beams prior to collision at each of four interaction points around the accelerator.

Safety precautions were followed during the test, and no one was injured.

Now that's interesting news
..... According to this source the LHC is well on its way.....
helloarchitekt.com...
With the recent triple achievements, the LHC is well on course to welcome in the new year, with eager anticipation for its start-up expected in November 2007.

Let's just wait and see what really happens this year.......

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Your source is from Feb 28, the superconducting magnet failure was reported on March 27. Go to the Fermilab site and see for yourself. Fermilab even takes the hit for this as they were the ones who built them for CERN.

The problem arose when the magnets were being tested.

...preliminary indications are that structures supporting the inner “cold mass” of one of the three magnets within its enclosing cryostat broke at a pressure of 20 atmospheres, in response to asymmetric forces applied during the test. Such forces are expected on occasion during normal operation of the LHC. The failure does not concern the magnets or the cold masses themselves, but rather their assembly in the cryostat.

... The test configuration corresponds to conditions that occur during a magnet quench, when a superconducting magnet suddenly "goes normal," releasing large amounts of energy. They may also occur during magnet cooldown and during certain other conditions such as refrigerator failure

The Magnet assemblies in their cryostat are subject to pressure during a variety of conditions and Fermilab failed to engineer them properly for these events. As ALL of the superconducting magnets have been installed, and all have the similar design flaw, it is going to be quite some time before they can be removed, reengineered and replaced. It is not something that you can do with a simple tool box over the weekend. Each cryostat assembly is rather massive.

[edit on 31-3-2007 by Terapin]

new topics

top topics

<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join