It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Civil War of 2005 as predicted by John Titor

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
maybe I'm dense. The title of the thread is "the american civil war or 2005 as predicted by John Titor"

it is not about a war in 2008

it is claiming this country will be in a civil war by the end of this year. This year is 2005

Waco type event is an event like waco. Not police shootings, tasers, child murders etc

It is crystal clear that John Titor meant the methods being used upon the American citizens by their own authorities when he mentioned WACO-type events. This would gradually grow into a civil war, not meaning a civil war wherein American citizens would be enemies of eachother and killing eachother, not Reps vs Dems, but a war of “majorities against minorities”.

Question: Does the civil war start in such a way that those willing will have time to remove themselves to safer locations.
JT: “Yes. You will be forced to ask yourself how many civil rights you will give up to feel safe.”

Question: Will you readily be able to identify the enemy?
JT: They will be the ones arresting and holding people without due process.

JT: “However, there are a great many "non lethal" weapon systems in development that turn out to be quite lethal. Sometimes I watch your television programs that show SWAT teams using new non-lethal weapons. They usually start out with, "In the future, the army and police will fight its enemies with new weapons systems…" When they use the word "enemy", they're talking about YOU! You don't really think the Marines are going to jump out of helicopters overseas with sticky goop, pepper spray and seizure lights, do you?”

JT: “If the federal forces learned anything from WACO it was to install more reliable suppressors on their automatic weapons and don't use flash grenades that leave shell casings after the fire.”

TimeTravel_0 : No...more like city against country.'
wyrmkin_37 : majorities against minorities.......
TimeTravel_0 : Yes.
TimeTravel_0 : You know...guns versus no guns.
TimeTravel_0 : Power versus no power.
wyrmkin_37 : time to pour another jack and coke
TimeTravel_0 : Un troops versus no UN troops.

[edit on 11-5-2005 by Roth Joint]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
"It is crystal clear that John Titor meant the methods being used upon the American citizens by their own authorities when he mentioned WACO-type events. This would gradually grow into a civil war, not meaning a civil war wherein American citizens would be enemies of eachother and killing eachother, not Reps vs Dems, but a war of “majorities against minorities”."

whats not crystal clear is your definition of a civil war. Are the majorities and minorities american citizens ? if so, its american vs american right ?

we're still talking about 2005 right ?

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

whats not crystal clear is your definition of a civil war. Are the majorities and minorities american citizens ? if so, its american vs american right ?

we're still talking about 2005 right ?

It's not mine but Titor's definition or viewpoint regarding his civil war as quoted above. He clearly mentioned authorities (American authorities as you wish) against American citizens but not American citizens amongst eachother.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Roth, Roth, Roth.......

There's more regular civilians than police officers....so....who's the majority? And who's the minority?

Here's JT's quote you keep trying to twist (and has already been discussed but you continue to ignore):

The year 2008 was a general date by which time everyone will realize the world they thought they were living in was over. The civil war in the United States will start in 2004. I would describe it as having a Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse. The conflict will consume everyone in the US by 2012 and end in 2015 with a very short WWIII.

1. 2008 is not the date when everyone looks out the window and says "wow a civil war!?" It's the date when they realize their old world is over. The point of no return.
2. The civil war starts in 2004. I'm not sure what's confusing about that. Possibly because he said 2005 once. But later one he says concerning the start of the war- "It's 2004. I apologize for a missed key (very observant - we all need good critics)."
3. He makes it "crystal clear" that it's the Waco type events (of which there are supposed to be at least one a month) that grow worse. No where does he mentions methods used by police growing worse into a civil war.

And by war what does he mean? You're saying the Civil War has started because police are tasering people. But what is Titor's definition of War?

JT: Perhaps our definition of war is different. I would define it as a conflict where organized groups engage in maneuver and armed conflict.

That was supposed to start happening last year. It hasn't. It won't.
End of story.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Roth, Roth, Roth.......

There's more regular civilians than police officers....so....who's the majority? And who's the minority?

True but that is irrelevant when authorities hold far more arms and artillery than the average civilian. It's about firepower and the ability to do damage, not quantity.

And by war what does he mean? You're saying the Civil War has started because police are tasering people. But what is Titor's definition of War?

Saying that police are 'tasering people' is completely undermining the current problem with any authoritative power that we have recently seen in the media. Flip back a page and you can see some pretty good examples.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
True but that is irrelevant when authorities hold far more arms and artillery than the average civilian. It's about firepower and the ability to do damage, not quantity.

Remember that robbery and shootout in LA a few years back? Police had to borrow guns from nearby gun stores because they were outgunned (by just 2 robbers).
www.cnn.com...
It was 200 vs. 2 and the 200 had to borrow guns. Firepower meant nothing there, and it certainly wouldn't in a war type situation - unless the Army was involved, but then it wouldn't be a civil war that lasts 10 years. It'll be riots, that last a few days....a month or so max.

Again, who's the majority? Who's the minority?

And do all cops live in the city while only civillians live in the burbs? Since Titor said several times that it's City vs. Country....if by city he meant police, why didn't he just say police?

Saying that police are 'tasering people' is completely undermining the current problem with any authoritative power that we have recently seen in the media. Flip back a page and you can see some pretty good examples.

What? Should I have said "tasering criminials" instead? Would you rather the police shoot them instead???? I'm not getting what you're trying to say.
And do you honestly think this is something new? Or there's more of this stuff goin on? If so, you really haven't been paying attention.

Also, none of that stuff can even compare to Waco.
Since you all have short term memories, this is Waco and until we have these type of events once a month (which we won't), you can blabber all you want but it won't mean a thing:
www.pbs.org...

[edit on 12-5-2005 by ThatsJustWeird]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Roth, Roth, Roth.......

The "majority" is clearly the "enemy" in Titor's viewpoint. He was crystal clear about that. The majority is the forces of the US Government:

JT: "The "enemy" that was attacked by Russia in the U.S. was the forces of the government you live under right now."
Question: Will you readily be able to identify the enemy?
JT: They will be the ones arresting and holding people without due process.

1. 2008 is not the date when everyone looks out the window and says "wow a civil war!?" It's the date when they realize their old world is over. The point of no return.

You amuse me.
Titor did not mention 2008 as a general date where only American's will realize the world they thought they were living in was over, clearly he meant that everyone including citizens in Europe and the Middle East would realize that.

2. The civil war starts in 2004. I'm not sure what's confusing about that. Possibly because he said 2005 once. But later one he says concerning the start of the war- "It's 2004. I apologize for a missed key (very observant - we all need good critics)."

We have already discussed this. From Titor's viewpoint the roots of the civil war could be observed in 2004. The actual civil war would start in 2005:

JT: "There is a civil war in the United States that starts in 2005."
"For a few months now, I have bee trying to alert anyone that would listen to the possibility of a civil war in the United States in 2005. Does that seem more likely now?"
"It is a mistake to give anyone your unwavering belief...but you will find that out yourself in 2005."

3. He makes it "crystal clear" that it's the Waco type events (of which there are supposed to be at least one a month) that grow worse. No where does he mentions methods used by police growing worse into a civil war.

If you read the full context of his chronicles you can clearly derive that he mentioned the methods of the authorities as used in WACO. We also discussed this in previous posts.

JT: Perhaps our definition of war is different. I would define it as a conflict where organized groups engage in maneuver and armed conflict.

That was supposed to start happening last year. It hasn't. It won't.
End of story.

From my viewpoint it has already started exactly as Titor mentioned it and clear examples have been given in previous posts. Regarding the armed conflicts we will see what will happen between 2005 and 2008 when America will grow into a civil war as defined by Titor.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roth Joint
The "majority" is clearly the "enemy" in Titor's viewpoint. He was crystal clear about that. The majority is the forces of the US Government

How can they be the majority when they're a minority?
There's well over 200-250 million more civillians than there are police officers.

You amuse me.
Titor did not mention 2008 as a general date where only American's will realize the world they thought they were living in was over, clearly he meant that everyone including citizens in Europe and the Middle East would realize that.

How do you know what he meant?
When he talked about 2008 he never once mentioned Europe or the ME.

We have already discussed this. From Titor's viewpoint the roots of the civil war could be observed in 2004. The actual civil war would start in 2005:

Then why did he apologize for saying it started in 2005 and he meant it started in 2004?
See above quotes.

From my viewpoint it has already started exactly as Titor mentioned it and clear examples have been given in previous posts. Regarding the armed conflicts we will see what will happen between 2005 and 2008 when America will grow into a civil war as defined by Titor.

From your veiwpoint PERIOD.
Not Titors.
Not anyone else living in the real world.
Yours and yours alone.
That stuff mentioned in previous posts can't hold a candle to Waco, and they certainly aren't escalating, and they certainly won't lead to a civil war.

Your wet dreams about wanting America to destroy itself are disturbing to say the least. Fortunately, we live in the real world.

Red

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Let me state the facts. There is no civil war in the United States in 2005. John Titor was a hoax. Most of the information he stated was made up by him. I cannot believe people still believe his predictions are true. There is no war with North Korea and Iran. Especially not this year. Bush will continue to allow North Korea to have nuclear weapons. (I guess it's okay with him.)

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Red
Let me state the facts. There is no civil war in the United States in 2005. John Titor was a hoax. Most of the information he stated was made up by him. I cannot believe people still believe his predictions are true. There is no war with North Korea and Iran. Especially not this year. Bush will continue to allow North Korea to have nuclear weapons. (I guess it's okay with him.)

Can you please state your opinions with quotes. Just because you say they are facts doesn't make it true. Give me some new evidence about why John Titor was a hoax. This "omghecopiedabook" thing is getting old.

-Chris

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legend
This "omghecopiedabook" thing is getting old.
-Chris

Exactly, and furthermore it isn't. Alas Babylon may have some similarities to the future as predicted by John Titor but the only resemblance is a 'post-apocalyptic America'. How many times have we see this image depicted in film and literature? People give this concept of 'He copied a book' far too much credit.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
www.vheadline.com...

Questions 1-5 are to be answered with all honesty.

1) How do you feel about the United States current dependence on oil?

2) How do you feel about President Bush’s solutions to America’s oil dependence?

3) What solutions would you offer President Bush in solving America’s oil crisis?

4) How do you feel about the increase in gasoline prices over the past few years?

5) How would your life be affected if the price of gasoline were 5 dollars a gallon like it is in Europe?

Questions 1-5 can be answered with yes and no.

1) Do you feel that President Bush is handling America’s current oil crisis well?

2) Is America going through an oil crisis?

3) Has America’s dependence on foreign oil affected you in a negative way?

4) Do you feel that President Bush is responsible for the oil crisis?

5) Do you feel that oil and gasoline prices are going to continue to rise exponentially until the world’s oil reserves die out?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Red didn't say he copied a book...so where did that come from?
He said he made most of that stuff up.

But concerning that, it's not that he copied Alas word for word. He just took some of the ideas and events presented in Alas and made his own story and set it in a modern post cold war world. It would be way to huge of a coincidence if Titor just made all that stuff up. Or we should be hailing Pat Frank as a time traveler too.

Roth, you do realize we have other sections on this site (have you ever posted in another section?)
Your post should have gone in Peak Oil (www.abovetopsecret.com...) as it has nothing to do with Titor, or with Predicitons and Prophecies

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roth Joint
www.vheadline.com...

Questions 1-5 are to be answered with all honesty.

1) How do you feel about the United States current dependence on oil?

2) How do you feel about President Bush’s solutions to America’s oil dependence?

3) What solutions would you offer President Bush in solving America’s oil crisis?

4) How do you feel about the increase in gasoline prices over the past few years?

5) How would your life be affected if the price of gasoline were 5 dollars a gallon like it is in Europe?

Questions 1-5 can be answered with yes and no.

1) Do you feel that President Bush is handling America’s current oil crisis well?

2) Is America going through an oil crisis?

3) Has America’s dependence on foreign oil affected you in a negative way?

4) Do you feel that President Bush is responsible for the oil crisis?

5) Do you feel that oil and gasoline prices are going to continue to rise exponentially until the world’s oil reserves die out?

lets focus on the point of this thread. A civil war in the US this year. Urban VS country or majority VS minority. American VS American. Death.

and the imfamous.......

WACO TYPE EVENTS HAPPENING MONTHLY BEGINNING IN 2005

they're not hapening. Titors wrong. over and out, 10-4

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   

lets focus on the point of this thread. A civil war in the US this year. Urban VS country or majority VS minority. American VS American. Death.

and the imfamous.......

WACO TYPE EVENTS HAPPENING MONTHLY BEGINNING IN 2005

they're not hapening. Titors wrong. over and out, 10-4

"The opera ain't over till the fat lady sings"...

The outcome of any contest isn't known until the final results are in. Thus, don't make premature judgments or give up too soon.

Often associated with Wagnerian opera, specifically Brunhilde's 'Fire Song,' in 'Die Walkure,' and the fact that Wagner may seem interminable to nonaficionados. Thus one's impatience would be relieved when 'the fat lady sings.'

Originated in the United States in the 1970s. Bartlett's 'Familiar Quotations' attributes the coinage to San Antonio TV sports commentator Dan Cook. Ralph Graves claims in the August 1991 issue of 'Smithsonian' that it has its roots in Southern proverbial lore: 'Church ain't out till the fat lady sings.

There are still other attributions, but nobody really knows who coined this popular saying." From the "Random House Dictionary of Popular Proverbs and Sayings" (1996) by Gregory Y. Titelman (Random House, New York, 1996).

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   
JT: "It is a mistake to give anyone your unwavering belief...but you will find that out yourself in 2005."

globalpolitician.com...
Russia's Alliance With America's Enemies
by Ryan Mauro - 5/16/2005

"And now, the bold state of Iran is openly expecting an American
assault and accelerating the pace of the reconstruction of ties with
the Arab states, and the construction of a Russian nuclear reactor at
Bushehr, which will allow Iran to have nuclear weapons in 2005."

www.antiwar.com...
The Bush-Bolton Plan to Bomb Bushehr
by Jude Wanniski - 5/16/2005
Memo to: Republican senators

Buried down in Saturday's New York Times report on President Bush
reaffirming his unqualified support for John Bolton as UN ambassador
is the reason why almost all of you are ready to vote for his
confirmation.

"Republicans are hoping to shame Democrats into a quick vote on Mr.
Bolton. They argue that he needs to be in place by June so that the
United States will have the latitude it needs to press its concerns
about Iran's suspected nuclear weapons program before the Security
Council."

Why the big rush? My reliable sources tell me it is because there is
a timetable that makes it urgent for Bolton to be ready for action in
June in order to cripple the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty (NPT) as
part of the plan to bomb the Iranian nuclear power plant at Bushehr.

That's because Bushehr, under construction with Russian supervision,
will soon be ready to receive the Russian fissionable material
enabling it to produce power. In 1981, remember Republican senators,
Israel bombed the Osiraq nuclear power plant near Baghdad just before
it was to be fueled by its French contractors. Once fueled, bombing
is out of the question because of the radiation that would be
emitted, with clouds traveling who knows where.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by someone
...don't make premature judgments or give up too soon.

I just had a thought. (They're rare, but they do happen). How many people here actually want Titor's predictions of American civil war to come true?

[edit on 2005/5/16 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
I just had a thought. (They're rare, but they do happen). How many people here actually want Titor's predictions of American civil war to come true?

No one wants disaster, but everyone wants disaster.

Apocalyptic imagination has plagued mankind for centuries. People see a certain ending as means to build something new and retribution for mankind. It's happened throughout history and it will continue to happen until we actually see an event that some would deem truly revolutionary.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

Originally posted by someone
...don't make premature judgments or give up too soon.

[edit on 2005/5/16 by wecomeinpeace]

JT: "...perhaps its more interesting to consider what I won't be doing to try and stop that war."

"What's even worse is having the ability to go back and help the "you" there and you won't listen to yourself. What I do want you to do is open your eyes to the events that happening around you that have nothing to do with me. Perhaps the end that we fear will open your eyes to your true value as an individual. It saddens me that you do not realize your true worth as a keeper of information and experience. Young people need wisdom. The captain of the ship knows where the lifeboats are"

"I believe your society is biologically geared for self-destruction. Rebirth is often painful."

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I was searching on Wikipedia for a little bit and turned up with a bit of relevant Titor information:

Although the context of Titor's claims are highly speculative, they appear to have a very polarizing effect on the people who read them. Currently, there are organized groups on the Internet attempting to locate the actual author(s) of the John Titor posts. Some are using scare tactics, intimidation, and propaganda; others are exposing visual flaws in the photographic evidence, or by pointing out inconsistent logic in statements he made. On the other side, many Titor believers, or "Titorites" as they are referred to, point to some of the following predictions made by Titor when he posted in 2000/2001.

1.) Titor gave technical details about his time machine that involved the use of mini-black holes. He stated that CERN would make an announcement pertaining to this within a year after he discussed it. In the fall of 2001, after John left, CERN issued a press release indicating the possibility of creating mini-black holes was realistic. The work being explored in this area was speculated upon some months prior to that time.

2.) He stated that the IBM 5100 computer had special abilities that were unpublished by IBM. Numerous IBM engineers have come forward to confirm this claim.

3.) He made numerous comments about Constitutional and civil rights changing in the United States.

4.) He stated that mad cow disease would arrive and be downplayed in the United States.

5.) Titor stated, years before an Iraqi war was even a possibility, that WMDs would not be found in Iraq and that another war would be fought under the pretense of removing its nuclear capability.

6.) He claimed that the government will assume that its citizens would prefer security rather than freedom. At the present, the USA PATRIOT Act is seen by some to nullify key freedoms given by the Constitution and another phase is being planned as an addition which will allow federal agents to search and arrest citizens without a warrant.
en.wikipedia.org...

Hopefully Wikipedia will be able to bring even more credibility to the Titor story.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join