It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The American Civil War of 2005 as predicted by John Titor

page: 169
31
<< 166  167  168    170  171  172 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
glyph, you are a smart guy. there is so much going against titor, why do you believe ? I'll ask you the same questions I asked the others.

Have you moved away from cities that are liklely russian targets ?
Have you purchased a bike, and lots of spare tires ?
Have you told your loved ones about the impending nuclear war ?

you posted you didn't read all of Dr. Browns reply, why not ?

Here is more of my favorite stuff about titor. It picks up where Dr. Brown is discussing the schematics from the owners manual


This schematic is ridiculous
> as a BH confinement/manipulation mechanism. Let's start by addressing
> the question of how we hold onto a black hole that we cannot stick a
> significant charge or magnetic moment on. Or even one where we can.
>
> We don't. Not ONLY do we have to create the damn thing, we have to
> keep it from falling into Earth's welcoming gravitational well.
> Clearly, if it masses 10^12 kg, we don't. Period. Ever. I don't
> care if you are an advanced society that has been around evolving
> brain for a million years LONGER than humans -- if you start playing
> with billion-metric-ton black holes near the surface of your planet
> you are only here for a visit. This is E.E. "Doc" Smith level (e.g.
> crap) science fiction.
>
> Now, if they mass LESS than a metric ton, I don't know why one would
> bother making them at all, and as noted above this is sort of the
> number I recall from some fraction of the online discussion, so let's
> pretend that the BH's are 10^3 kg each and that Titor knows just about
> as much about the radius of the electron as the history major he
> claims to be might know.
>
> We now have TWO of these pups, each weighing a metric ton, inside of
> the little chassis below (the size of an oversized suitcase, again
> from list discussion, at any rate small enough to fit into a pickup
> truck)?
>
> Hmmm. A suitcase that weighs half as much as my Ford Excursion.
> Hmmm, my Excursion supports its not inconsiderable weight on big,
> heavy, steel girders. Even my wimpy Ford Contour (which weighs just
> about as much as this suitcase and its two black holes) uses quite a
> bit of steel in its construction, and one would really hate to run
> over a toe with its far more lightly loaded steel belted radial tires.
>
> We thus have TWO very serious engineering problems that immediately
> come to mind. Well, actually more than two, more like thirty or forty
> or fifty. However, one is keeping the black hole containers from
> ripping through the bottom of the suitcase itself. Think of the BH
> containers as being leedle support posts, cross sectional area of a
> few centimeters squared each, HOLDING UP A FORD CONTOUR. Hmmm, think
> we need a little more than four little reinforced corners on the box
> that look sort of like thingies you'd find on the corners of
> loudspeakers or a suitcase or something else with cardboard sides.
> And wait, where are the four inch I-beams in the flooring? Where are
> the grappling eyes on the side (or are humans supposed to lift this
> thing in and out by HAND?). And this thing was riding in the back of
> a small pickup truck? Hmmm, not so sure that a SMALL pickup truck
> could support my Contour as well and not blow out its tires and wreck
> its suspension, especially a pickup truck that was 70 years old and
> hard to get parts for.
>
> Then there is the even more interesting question: Fine, perhaps they
> have new materials. Maybe the case has synthetic diamond struts in
> the bottom, laced into a steel cementation so that one cm of thickness
> is enough to support a metric ton without any sort of localized
> bracing or structural forms, spread out over may 100 cm^2.
>
> EVEN SO, INSIDE of those little BH container are the BH's themselves.
> They have to be held, far from any contact with matter, by means of
> raw E&M forces (unless we're going to suggest new physics, and new
> physics here would be indefensible I assure you).
>
> The mere thought of this has me ROTFL. Seriously. I >>teach graduate E&M, and I assure you that the problem of magnetic
> confinement of thermonuclear plasmas is child's play compared to the
> problem of confining an object 10^-25 meters across with a metric ton
> of mass against the Earth's gravitational field, the presumed motion
> of the long-suffering Chevy pickup truck (gawd, accelerations in
> arbitrary
> directions!) and so forth. You see, all the fields involved have to
> satisfy the laplace equation, and this means that it is almost
> impossible to create an even weakly attractive region capable of
> suspending wimpy things like atoms that is STABLE in both a vertical
> direction and its transverse plane. Try suspending the equivalent of a
> small car not on the head of a pin, not on an atom, not on a classical
> ELECTRON, but on an area that aspires to be a mathematical point. Ho,
> excuse me, I have to wipe my eyes again. Really, a delicious picture.
> I'd sooner believe in the time travel part.
>
> And wait, where the HELL is the hardware for accomplishing this
> fu**in' miracle? Oh, yeah, those leedle balls. Hey mon, we don't
> need no stinkin' massive magnetic coils, no gigavolt capacitors, no
> bus bars the thickness of your wrist. No mon, we got room temperature
> superconductors, we got new magnetic materials mon, we got monopoles.
> We can stabilize the BH, mon, and move it around and make it bounce in
> waves. Hawking? Who is this Hawking mon? Sure, it stable against
> pair-production-mediated decay. So what if its Schwarzchild radius is
> WAY WAY smaller than the radius where vaccuum polarization electron
> pair production begins to be significant and there is enough energy in
> the gravity well to knock particles out of the vaccuum. It just
> doesn't happen.
>
> But by damn, we still got old-fashioned BNC-style wiring connectors
> mon, labelled 11. We still got klystrons and big, heavy power
> switches. And we don't need no stinkin' radiation protection mon --
> the fact that we have to shoot about eleventy-zillion electrons at
> very high energy in an intense electron beam to get ONE ELECTRON to
> impact on a highly repulsive sphere with a radius of ~10^-24 meters
> (without creating a shower of secondary particles that cause the BH to
> DECAY) means nothing, mon. We definitely don't need no bending
> magnets, no quadrupolar lenses, no accelerator. Hell mon, we can put
> a gigavolt accelerator inside of a coffee pot now mon -- it's 2036 and
> we're very tribal now -- and run it with an ordinary eco-approved
> household battery! Although we don't have to, the suitcase comes with
> its own fusion generatory mon...it could run a small city if only we
> could plug it in.
>
> Seriously, I could go on and on and on. I haven't even gotten to the
> raw thermodynamics of it all. That suitcase would require a small
> lake to cool in operation, for example. And then the culture capable
> of these miracles of technology that indicate total mastery of
> materials science, quantum mechanics, gravity, superconductors, a
> society that has in its possession a star drive (for the goddamn thing
> would clearly work as such as easily as a "time machine" -- arbitrary
> translation in four space is arbitrary translation in four space and
> they have to play all sorts of games to NOT go off into space FTL)
> then is sending somebody back to our time to get an IBM 5100, a piece
> of **** computer that is an embarrassment to IBM to this day, because
> it is somehow capable of some translation chore that appears to be
> beyond them and is related to the Unix non-problem of a 4 byte
> unsigned int counter for its current time?
>
> This is so clearly a joke that I still cannot believe anybody at all
> fell for it. It's not even a good joke (believe me, I programmed
> briefly on the 5100 and I know:-).
>
> What, did all the programmers in the world suffer brain damage in the
> war? Physics got really popular and they could no longer get anybody
> to learn to program? Computers do all the programming now and
> programming in C or perl is a lost art? Computers have come to life
> and are on strike for better working conditions so they are reduced to
> finding and bringing "back" an IBM 5100 (out of ALL THE COMPUTERS THAT
> WERE EVER
> BUILT) in preference to just bringing back a goddamn programming
> reference for the language(s) they need to translate and building a
> translator with e.g. perl on a 2036 teraflop PDA?
>
> Let me be very, very clear on this. I know that there is a tendency
> to want to suspend disbelief on things like this. Heck, it is a nifty
> story, kind of science fiction thing, Orson Welles War of the Worlds
> internet style. It's "fun" to pretend to believe and kick this sort
> of thing around, but:
>
> WHO COULD POSSIBLY TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY?
>
> Screw the physics -- although I personally am by no means convinced
> that physics even >>permits they (for this was surely a consortium of jokers) propose. The
> ENGINEERING is ludicrous. The COMPUTATION is ludicrous (where are the
> goddam computers in the suitcase? Where is the programming and
> control interface? Are we supposed to believe that this box has one
> knob and a switch as a control interface? Where are all the wires?).
> And as I explained in a reply to somebody else, the entire multiverse
> story totally ignores the problems of chaos, conservation laws,
> thermodynamic balance and oh, so much more -- the mere EXISTENCE of a
> multiverse has consequences in terms of detailed balance and entropy
> flow in the universe we occupy, and time travel creates a HUGE phase
> space for global entropy to increase in. You'd never get home again,
> not without a theory that permitted you to very precisely steer. You'd
> never get close. Period.
>
> I personally have never liked time travel stories (although I've read
> plenty of them) because they are so difficult to disentangle on the
> basis of chaos alone (as explored in at least one memorable story,
> where a single butterfly was killed in a visit to the Jurassic or the
> like, and upon return the entire Universe was totally different -- as
> it would be if a single ATOM were displaced a single ATOMIC RADIUS,
> let alone a butterfly). I do somewhat enjoy multiverse stories, and
> have even written (but not yet published) one.
>
> In my opinion, this isn't even a good multiverse story. Somebody is
> going to come forth one day and publish a whole book on how they made
> fun of the entire Internet with a bad story, a sad reflection on the
> gullability of our culture.
>
> And before you ask, yes, y'all can feel free to republish any or all
> of my replies on your lists, as long as you don't ask me to join them
> and keep my time-wasting interface to a minimum of a couple or three
> people. The sooner this matter is really put to rest, the sooner we
> can all return to leading useful and productive lives DOING SOMETHING
> ELSE:-)
>
> Pardon me while I blow my nose and dry my eyes. There. I feel much
> better now.
>
> Now let's leave it alone, shall we?
>
> rgb
>
> --
> Robert G. Brown > >Duke University Dept. of Physics>




posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
Have you moved away from cities that are liklely russian targets ?
Have you purchased a bike, and lots of spare tires ?
Have you told your loved ones about the impending nuclear war ?

you posted you didn't read all of Dr. Browns reply, why not ?


look Dr Ed Brown does not know what he is talking about. plz stop quoting him. he has failed to address the parameters of a BH. and as far as im conserned his computing is clearly biased.


blackholes are weightless and becuase Mr Brown suggests they are not, thats why i dont value his opinion.

EDIT: i have read all of Browns post. however becuase on numerous occasions he claims a black hole would exert force similar to standard objects. i can not take his word, because it is uninformed. and he does not help with all his LOL's and ROTFL's, he assumes to much, and makes an arse out of himself.


No i have not took measures to prepare for titors claims. i have discussed it with some people, those that are willing to discuss it anyways.

2nd EDIT: however ive been in and out of the USMC so i think i got some of it covered.


look if you want to believe titor did his homework before he decided to create this hoax, so be it.

i however reserve judgment.



[edit on 20/2/07 by Glyph_D]



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The second part of Brown's post about how illogical the Titor story is must go over the Titorites heads because they never seem to address all of that.

Do you Titorites agree with Titor that humans suddenly and inexplicably become insanely stupid while having astronomically higher intelligence in a couple decades from now?

Somehow, after a nuclear war and with the world in ruins we discover time travel. No wait....we don't just discover it, we perfect it. And with no reliable technology, are magically able to create time machines along with harnessing power greater than that of our sun and manipulating gravity as we please.
People are starving. People don't have clean water. Living in tree houses for crying out loud. We have enough energy and resources to stop all that but no, we perfer going joyriding in our time machines.



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Do you Titorites agree with Titor that humans suddenly and inexplicably become insanely stupid while having astronomically higher intelligence in a couple decades from now?

Titor say that from a cultural, human-life care and nature/self-centered point of view they are stupids.

But of course there's left a lot of people who are intelligents and don't go with all the BS the medias try to impose us.



People are starving. People don't have clean water. Living in tree houses for crying out loud. We have enough energy and resources to stop all that but no, we perfer going joyriding in our time machines.

Most areas are likely like that but others areas surely have plenty of ressources left, remember only the cities of the AFE were nuked, so there's a lot of cities left.

You know that the big cities are taking the majority of their food from country's farms or by trade?

If the big cities get nuked, all the food produced in the country go to the country's people... so they don't starve. Of course with the radiations, the cultures died in the short term... but where a human can live a plan can live, no?

Less consumers = more food, cities weren't producing a lot of food, so if they get nuked, this doesn't affect the food production.

And for the persue of time travel, there are secret bases right now, and I'm pretty sure scientists don't get out of those bases for many years, so why would they stop suddendly and care about the external world if they have everything they need and can continue to work? After all, it's of no use to use a scientist to harvest a crop field, it's more efficient to use him to research time travel.



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
The second part of Brown's post about how illogical the Titor story is must go over the Titorites heads because they never seem to address all of that.


the reason i dont address it is becuase its a fools idea. first you assume timetravle is difficult, second you assume people are not working on the rebuilding of society needs. thirdly you fail to see the manner that which timetravel is used.


timetravel = the abilty to distort time

gravity = the gear that regulates time

if you can manipulate gravity you can manipulate time.


theoretically titors machine only has to create a BH and exploit it, thats it. if it does more than that, its only to support its main function.

titor doesnt treat timetravel as this huge step of technology, and if you'd use your noodle neither would you.


TJW if you could go back in time and retrieve lets say an ATARI, OR you could stay and try to code that thing from scratch. you really want to play pitfall. what would you do???????????


if you chose not to use timetravel you would beat your self up, after many attempts fail. because you refused to use the time device, just to prove your a smart guy



its simple, dont complicate it. they used it becuase they could

**************************



im telling you guys Brown is not the guy you should be getting your info from. he sounds like a flunky and his logic proves that.

he keep superimposing systems used for other fields on top of a BH situation. if i have to tell you that is completely an amateur process, then we have got some long discussion coming our way.


heres an example: Brown suggest that the amount of electron it takes to yield one electron to penetrate an atom is a huge amount. ok this is correct but this is dealing with atoms, and its also dealing with adding an electron to its feild.

neither of which would be the case for a BH, but Mr Brown believe they would share the same procedure??why??

i dont know if you guys know or not that electricity is a channel of electrons. electrons power the very PC your using right now.

another thing- it has been proven, that if you direct electricity into an EMF you increase the fields size and strength.

this is what titors electrons are doing to the BH, its making the dual bigger(to fit around the vehicle) and making it stronger, also it regulates its strength. and ive hypothesized it also acts as a guidance system for the BH.


Brown is bad for your brain, stop listening to his results.



[edit on 20/2/07 by Glyph_D]



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
And Bush trying to be the next Lincoln...

Lincoln opposed slavery, but in real didn't push for abolition.. Just like Bush saying that he's against illegal immigration when the border is wide open and that Halliburton is making human trafficing.

Lincoln suspended Habeas Corpus. Bush did it. (Military Comission Act)

Lincoln declared martial law. Bush did it. (Katrina)

Lincoln overstepped executives powers. Bush did it. (many cases)

Lincoln enlarged the federal government. Bush did it. (signing statements, patriot act, ect...)

Lincoln spent money without congressional authorization. Bush did it. (see pentagon missing money + others things)

Lincoln was nearly not elected again while in power, and if he would have been defeated, he would have stayed in power to finish the war. (War On Terrorism?)

The democrats declared the civil war a failure. The War On Terrorism is declared a failure by the democrats once again. (Non-binding resolution, 2006 vote)

Lincoln was assassinated. There was a documentary showing Bush assassinated. (The death of a president)


Lincoln is seen as the best president. Bush is seen as the worst president.


What else?


And Glyph is right, a black hole is weighless, everything around it revolve around it.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Vitchilo]



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Kind of missed the boat on that one didn't he. I don't know how far off he was really but how many different people have predicted war and put a date and been wrong??????????????????????????????????



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
glyph, you are going on record that black holes have no weight ? That would mean no mass, no density ? If that is true, what force traps the light, thus making them black holes in the first place ?

OK, what about the heat they generate, how did Titor cool them down ?

What about the hawking radiation, how did he protect himself ?

Brown programmed on an IBM 5100, have you ?
Brown teaches graduate E&M, could you ?

To say he is incompetnet begs the question, what credentials do you possess that are more impressive than a Physics professor from Duke University ?

If you want to trash Brown, then what do you say to Kaku ? Since many speculate Titor ripped off Kaku's book, hyperspace, he has to be considered a relevant player correct ?

external link

Here is what haku said;

Can Mini Black Holes Bend Time?
Dr. Michio Kaku on The Flawed Science of John Titor

By J. Razimus Hüghston
Space Time News Writer
Sunday, January 23rd, 2005

On Thursday, January 20th, 2005 at 6:55 PM, I sent an email to Dr. Michio Kaku, a leading theoretical quantum physicist in the world and co-founder of String Theory. I asked him the following question concerning John Titor.
I don't know if you've heard about the supposed time traveler named 'John Titor'. I believe he is fake but thousands believe he is real. I think it would help for them to hear what a real theoretical quantum physicist had to say about it. You don't have to read his entire story to know the chances of him being a hoax or not. To summarize: A guy contacted Art Bell back in 1998 and later posted on the internet back in 2001 and claimed to be a real time traveler from 2036. He claims his time machine works by using 2 mini black holes, he claims this technology was already created by CERN. Could you tell me the chances of him being for real?

J. Razimus Hüghston
On Thursday, January 20th, 2005 at 7:06 PM, I received a reply from Dr. Michio Kaku, he said the following concerning my question on John Titor.
Thanks for the e-mail. For my thoughts about time travel, see www.mkaku.org, also Parallel Worlds.

I think the person you mentioned is a fake. Mini black holes do not have the power to bend time, and CERN certainly has not produced any. The LHC will be turned on in 2 years, and there is a small chance it might create a mini black hole, but these are sub-atomic in size and energy. Time travel may be possible, but not for a Type 0 civilization. Type III civilizations, however, may have access to the Planck energy, where this possibility opens up.

Michio Kaku
The following is a summary of the first four civilization types:

Type 0 civilizations extract their energy from solar, geothermal and wind power. Most of their power is from non-renewable fossil fuel resources; oil, coal and natural gases. They are beginning to explore their solar system.

Type I civilizations are efficient in controlling all of the resources of their planet and they can control the weather. They have explored their entire solar system and are beginning to explore their galaxy.

Type II civilizations can control all of the energy output from their suns using Dyson spheres. They are exploring other galaxies.

Type III civilizations can control the energy of a galaxy. They can extract the energy from stars and black holes. They are capable of manipulating Planck energy. This is the energy that exists at the center of black holes, where space-time is unstable. Controlling Planck energy could result in the control of worm holes leading to instantaneous travel across the universe. It is unknown what limits this type of civilization would have, they may have access to inter-dimensional travel. They may even be able to time travel.

Michio Kaku on Planck energy from mkaku.org:
The Planck energy only occurs at the center of black holes and the instant of the Big Bang. But with recent advances in quantum gravity and superstring theory, there is renewed interest among physicists about energies so vast that quantum effects rip apart the fabric of space and time. Although it is by no means certain that quantum physics allows for stable wormholes, this raises the remote possibility that a sufficiently advanced civilizations may be able to move via holes in space, like Alice's Looking Glass. And if these civilizations can successfully navigate through stable wormholes, then attaining a specific impulse of a million seconds is no longer a problem. They merely take a short-cut through the galaxy. This would greatly cut down the transition between a Type II and Type III civilization.
Despite the science fiction of John Titor, there will continue to be believers in his unbelievable tale. According to the leading theoretical quantum physicists it would be impossible for a Type 0 civilization to become a Type III civilization within 31 years. The leading theoretical physicists believe we may become a Type I civilization in a hundred years, Type II in a few thousand years, and Type III in a hundred thousand to a million years. That is if we don't destroy ourselves before we reach Type I status.

The flawed science in the Titor story is the reason the scientific community have never taken it seriously. As Michio Kaku said at this point CERN has not been successful in creating any black holes despite their efforts. According to Michio Kaku even if mini black holes were created they would not be capable of manipulating time let alone be the core of a time travel device.


(Permission to reproduce this article is granted under the condition that a reference to Space Time News of Razimus.com is made.)



I think the person you mentioned is a fake. Mini black holes do not have the power to bend time, and CERN certainly has not produced any.



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
glyph, you are going on record that black holes have no weight ? That would mean no mass, no density ? If that is true, what force traps the light, thus making them black holes in the first place ?

OK, what about the heat they generate, how did Titor cool them down ?



a BH volume is very different than a BH weight. as i said before weight is a measure in contrast to a gravity force. if the BH exceeds the earth in gravitonic force than it can not be measured with earth measurments.

the BH will absorb any attempt the earth would use to pull on it. it is this pull that we measure in order to get weight(mass)

yes a BH has volume, yes a BH has mass. however you are not ... i repeat you are not going to witness either due to our position. as explained in "Special relativity".

you can calculate its mass but you will not see its weight(as a movement) in action.

as for the heat didnt titor say the heat was there and it was extremely high??


im sure Brown is a smart man but he did not take the time to correctly approach this. he seen it as a foolish endeavor and didnt take it serious. he had no idea someone would question him let alone correct him. he got cocky.

i read your kaku and i must say i dont value it either. let me explain at the begining it says that "its not necessary to read all of titors claims to "know" its a hoax". i know that kaku wasnt the one to state that, however dont you think it would effect his position, shouldnt he have examined all of titors claims.

his type 0 to type 3 is nonsense. both Brown and Kaku assume its a great feat to create timetravel. yea sure its scifi and its a krux for alot of great stories, but isnt it possible they are raising the bar to high??? i think so.


and as for his statement that a BH can not distort time. bah i laugh at the fool who swears on that. what evidence does either man have that a BH will not cuase time distortion???

its been proven over and over, the more gravity= the quicker time passes.

EDIT: it just occurred to me that im not sure if this is entirely correct. what i should have said was with two different strengths of gravity in two different positions. two very different measurements of "time" will result.


IF "time" is an outcome of gravitonic distortion. then manipulating that distortion is the same as manipulating "time".


i would love to talk to these two face to face. im sure i could have them singing my tune very quickly. these men of science who dont apply science.



i got a question for you since you refuse to see this as it is .

what about a BH would allow the earth to gain superiority over it, in order to hold it against earths surface????


[edit on 20/2/07 by Glyph_D]



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
on a huge note > how do you think the scientific community would react to one of there peers backing a person who claims timetravel????


scientist always refuse to study thing that are considered taboo. (its career damaging)

you seriously think they are gonna stick out their necks for a hypothetical claim????

No- their decision is made before the question is presented. im sure they got flack for even trying to discredit him.

the scientific community is biased, and will have nothing to do with the extreme concepts.


even if they do think their may be something to titors claims they wont admit it in a public forum.

i bet Brown realizes he made a mistake on his BH assumptions, and has decided not to come out and say he was wrong, for fear of ridicule.



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Exactly Glyph. Kaku and his Asimov civilisation categories... if you want to talk about science fiction, you have it.


And Kaku would have been of those who say that the earth is flat, and he apparently don't believe in human capacities, he's just


[edit on 20-2-2007 by Vitchilo]



posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
John Titor was a very interesting guy, i've just recently started to believe what he posted a few years ago. I was quite skeptical at first, but you know. Were just going to have to wait and see if this years Olympics follows through as planned, if not, that's another preminition true. Is it wrong to welcome a CivilWar? I suppose, if you don't want to die it would. But noone really wants to do that. I wouldn't welcome it with arms wide open, but I also don't think it would be any different than a war over seas, when the real war is right in the backyard anyways. We could benefit from a CivilWar in many ways, Cleansing the filth, scaring people back to themselves. Our culture would eventually put differences behind them in such ways, and begin to see how society should be. Hate would just be another meaningless word like love. And yet again, Civil War would leave us open, a weak spot for an enemy attack. By that I mean another country. Heh, I guess we would have bigger fish to fry, World War would be soon to follow am I correct? Heh. None of this would mean a thing after such event, as Titor said, racism has gone stale. You don't see the color of the soldier next to you in battle, you see someone you can rely on, if you can't rely on that person, then why the hell is he there? Didn't he say something like Public Execution? I think he did, see some of the things that are happening in his timeline are, well, I would say are barbaric. Hmmn, but isn't everything we do somewhat barbaric? We do slaughter countless everyday in 3rd world countrys, and not to speak of invading countrys and hanging their leaders. It's crazy i'm even saying this, i'll get the black duffle back. Hahah. It's also shocking i'm even thinking it, considering I don't trust the internet one bit. One statement out of context and it's off to prison. Big Brother is watching. That's fine, it's alright. I welcome the ASE with arms wide open. At the same time my privacy is raked, and my freedom still stands. That's fine with me, do your job. I'll do mine, just don't consume too much, bad things happen to people who get greedy. The initiates. All the following statement is just random babbling, I tend to do that at times. Fear in my eyes, now you sew them shut!



posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
in regards to Kaku's partial reply. ive re read it many times now, and its hard to find where his opinion starts and the authors ends.

i think the author took his claims out of context. now ive looked into his type civilization list, and as Vitchilo has pointed out its complete fiction.

however if you are to use it, it must be used as a form of classification- not a leveling system.

its a system to class a civilization, not to define a civilization.

by his classification it is impossible for a type 0 to reach type 3 in 30yrs. this is true, but only if you are useing it as a classing system. it must be stated that titor did not come from a type 3 civilization. he came from a type 0. i believe Kaku assumed that titor was claiming to come from a type 3. which is not the case. his classification system can carry exceptions and titors story would classify as an exception.

EDIT: this would not have been an issue, if he had read all of titors claims.

if you were to ask Kaku if it was possible for a type (what ever) to obtain knowledge of timetravel. im sure he would say its very possible.


i however still have a problem with his statement that no mini black hole would be strong enough to bend "time". it is not clear as to why he would say this, but i believe it to be wrong. becuase a BH is a BH regardless of its size, the entity must reach a specific criteria in order to be classed as a BH, where as it would crossed any requirement for time distortion.



[edit on 21/2/07 by Glyph_D]



posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   


i however still have a problem with his statement that no mini black hole would be strong enough to bend "time". it is not clear as to why he would say this, but i believe it to be wrong. becuase a BH is a BH regardless of its size, the entity must reach a specific criteria in order to be classed as a BH, where as it would crossed any requirement for time distortion.

Well, he contradicts himself, he says that a black hole and the planck energy inside it would be able to use time travel, but not a ``mini-black-hole``... so he says there's a difference between a mini-black-hole and a black hole considering time travel... but Titor says that the mini-black-hole are in a magnetic field, so according to that, he could change the size of the black hole at will, and it's certainly what happen when the machine is turned on.

Kaku...kaku...



posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Well, he contradicts himself, he says that a black hole and the planck energy inside it would be able to use time travel, but not a ``mini-black-hole``... so he says there's a difference between a mini-black-hole and a black hole considering time travel... but Titor says that the mini-black-hole are in a magnetic field, so according to that, he could change the size of the black hole at will, and it's certainly what happen when the machine is turned on.

Kaku...kaku...


see... what the hell. you get it but why dont others. its really confusing me



... KaKu... Kaku...






posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glyph_D
scientist always refuse to study thing that are considered taboo. (its career damaging)

And credibility you had Glyph....it's gone with that simple statement.

Did you think this line of thought out before you typed it? I seriously doubt it....





the reason i dont address it is becuase its a fools idea. first you assume timetravle is difficult

You assume timetravel is real.

If just getting into space is difficult, what makes you think bending time and space would be any less difficult?


second you assume people are not working on the rebuilding of society needs.

They're obviously not. All that time, energy, and money used to create time travel and time machines could be used toward rebuilding society. But in the 20+ years since the nuclear war it seems Titor's society really hasn't progressed at all. If they used all the resources they used for time travel into rebuilding society the U.S. and world would be much better off than it is now.


thirdly you fail to see the manner that which timetravel is used.

Going back on completely pointless missions according to Titor.



timetravel = the abilty to distort time

gravity = the gear that regulates time

if you can manipulate gravity you can manipulate time.

lol
Is this some pathetic attempt to make it sound simple?



theoretically titors machine only has to create a BH and exploit it, thats it. if it does more than that, its only to support its main function.

titor doesnt treat timetravel as this huge step of technology, and if you'd use your noodle neither would you.

WTF are you talking about!?!?
The discovery of time travel will be the greatest discovery in man's history. OF COURSE it's a huge step! You're out of your mind if you even suggest otherwise.
Are you being serious or are you just joking around?



TJW if you could go back in time and retrieve lets say an ATARI, OR you could stay and try to code that thing from scratch. you really want to play pitfall. what would you do???????????

I'd buy one on ebay.
Wtf does this have to do with anything?



if you chose not to use timetravel you would beat your self up, after many attempts fail. because you refused to use the time device, just to prove your a smart guy

its simple, dont complicate it. they used it becuase they could

Not sure what you're rambling on about here....

Where did I say they couldn't use it?



posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
OK

cern is supposed to have made mini black holes by now right ? didn't titor say 2004 ? And cern was supposed to have put the big momma accelerator on line by now right ?

they haven't. The LHC is due to come online this year, but it keeps getting pushed back.

since titors time machine is dependent on these two facts, and they have not come to pass, GE's contruction of a time machine gets set back, and JT cannot time travel in 2036, so its a hoax.

You can say Brown is incompetent, and Kaku is a joke, but you are just ignoring facts to hold onto your fantasy.

Can you show me a real PhD or scientist that has read titor and supports it ?

What's weird is if JT predicted peace and prosperity, I could understand you ignoring engineering, science and reason to believe the story.

But he predicts 3 billion deaths and a nuclear war

why do you fight so hard to believe in that



posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

Originally posted by Glyph_D
scientist always refuse to study thing that are considered taboo. (its career damaging)

And credibility you had Glyph....it's gone with that simple statement.

Did you think this line of thought out before you typed it? I seriously doubt it....


true its a huge generalization but it hits the mark on many scientists.



You assume timetravel is real.

If just getting into space is difficult, what makes you think bending time and space would be any less difficult?


yes your right i do assume timetravel is real, that is the only reason im interested in titors story.


as for the difficulty- developing timetravel is easy, developing a dual event horizon is the hardest thing about it. if WE as a society figure out how to build BH's, then putting it into action is childs play. thats why i say timetravel is simple, and if you think about it, it is. if we can build a hypothetical-all destructive-entity, then we just accomplished that greatest feat of man kind.

its like a million of products we use today. for example we would not have sticky notes with first the invention of low-binding adhesives. engineering the adhesive to the back of a piece of paper is not even close for celebration.



They're obviously not. All that time, energy, and money used to create time travel and time machines could be used toward rebuilding society. But in the 20+ years since the nuclear war it seems Titor's society really hasn't progressed at all. If they used all the resources they used for time travel into rebuilding society the U.S. and world would be much better off than it is now.


you assume that they would know how to deal with all those problem if they abandoned timetravel?????

its gonna take a long time before we figure out how to neutralize nuclear fallout, and with the population at an all time low, tranportation of goods would be a hit or miss type deal. america is big, there are only 3 other countries bigger, and tending to all it needs on a regular basis would be a tall order.



Are you being serious or are you just joking around?


im quite serious




TJW if you could go back in time and retrieve lets say an ATARI, OR you could stay and try to code that thing from scratch. you really want to play pitfall. what would you do???????????

I'd buy one on ebay.
Wtf does this have to do with anything?



what this is; if youd of answered it honestly, would have put you in the same position as the people who chose to use timetravel to retrieve a 5100.

'you really want pitfall; they really want dated code'

it was just a simple thought experiment and its no big deal.



Originally posted by syrinx high priest
OK

cern is supposed to have made mini black holes by now right ? didn't titor say 2004 ? And cern was supposed to have put the big momma accelerator on line by now right ?

they haven't. The LHC is due to come online this year, but it keeps getting pushed back.



well im not sure if titor gave the year the LHC should be turned on, but i will agree that i myself assumed before 2007.

i have an enquirery as to why its been pushed back, how many people have bombarded their community center with these titor claims??? it can be presented that the govt has gotten involved in the titor saga. snooping around and what not.

ill go out on a limb and say this, isnt it highly probable if not inevitable that the govt would want a time device. i know govt and if they have a remote chance of obtaining real power they will throw every resource they have at that chance. so maybe the LHC(a duplicate maybe??) has been turned on and we're not being told abut it.

if it is possible that CERN could create timetravel *instant classified*. especially when the time device can be link to global disaster. if they went ahead and publicly turned it on, people would watch their progress like hawks, they would have some much attention. so we may not know





since titors time machine is dependent on these two facts, and they have not come to pass, GE's contruction of a time machine gets set back, and JT cannot time travel in 2036, so its a hoax.


even if CERN waits to 2015 to turn on the LHC, it is still possible to have a working prototype by 2036.




You can say Brown is incompetent, and Kaku is a joke, but you are just ignoring facts to hold onto your fantasy.



ugh ... if you could present facts i would more than graciously read and accept them. however you have not; Brown does not understand basic laws of gravity, and becuase were are dealing with super gravity his perspective is mooked. Kaku was taken out of context, and has failed in identifying the parameters of a BH.

from my perspective to say hes a hoax IS fantasy...go figure.



why do you fight so hard to believe in that


i reserve judgment on the issue of "hoax or truth", what i do know if titor is a hoax he lied about his background. he said> he was not very good at physics. for him to be a hoax and his science be so accurate(to the best of our knowledge), he had to have lied about being a physicist. becuase clearly this topic is not very common or thoroughly researched.

or you could argue it was a "team" hoax and someone else did the math...what ever you wish.



posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glyph_D
true its a huge generalization but it hits the mark on many scientists.

bs
We'd still be stuck in the stone ages if this were true. There is absolutely nothing correct about that line of thinking. Nothing. It's 100% false and I'm extremely curious to know what examples you have or where you got that from...



yes your right i do assume timetravel is real, that is the only reason im interested in titors story.

If you assume time travel is real why would you be interested in Titor's story!? :laugh:
Why not listen to what real life people have to say??


as for the difficulty- developing timetravel is easy

1. Got any proof?
2. I'm talking about human time travel



posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glyph_D
i got a question for you since you refuse to see this as it is .

what about a BH would allow the earth to gain superiority over it, in order to hold it against earths surface????



if you would "honestly" answer the above question, i would appreciate it.

ill help you come to an answer>>>

since weight is a measurement of an object, with gravity being the medium at which you observe through. (remember we are dealing with a blackhole)

which source of gravity would we use???

A. earths gravity

B. the BH gravity

C. none of the above



******************************






Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
bs
We'd still be stuck in the stone ages if this were true. There is absolutely nothing correct about that line of thinking. Nothing. It's 100% false and I'm extremely curious to know what examples you have or where you got that from...


how many scientists get involved in UFO claims???? how many scientists get involved in the paranormal, ghost and what not???? how many scientists get involved in any conspiracy theory????


if the only parts of science your thinking of is Newton and Galileo, plz expand you view. yes they defied the church, but it was only after they were proven to be correct they got there backing. and its the same with all other studies. Einstein was shunned on, till people started backing what he was saying.

lets not forget the people history has forgot. what of the people that presented idea that turned out wrong- they were discredited and abandoned. no scientist of today will stick there necks out like Galileo, Newton or Einstein. these three had no historical research to back their claims. they were the first. well technically there were others that had similar claims but they lacked the charisma, and were ignored. but they were pioneers in the unknown and most scientists of today are not that.

they dont come forward, for fear of a miscalculation, that could destroy their credentials.




If you assume time travel is real why would you be interested in Titor's story!? :laugh:
Why not listen to what real life people have to say??


A. becuase titor says he has been successful.

B. everyone else claims theoretical claims.

both of which are very powerful, in deciding where to investigate.



[edit on 22/2/07 by Glyph_D]



new topics

top topics



 
31
<< 166  167  168    170  171  172 >>

log in

join