It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Civil War of 2005 as predicted by John Titor

page: 168
<< 165  166  167    169  170  171 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
dude, the science is crap. Titor is a hoax.

Please read the whole post. You owe it to yourself to free yourself from the hoax

Did you see my link to the video where Larry Haber admits he is an entertainment lawyer, and he was contacted to merchandise tee-shirts ?

c'mon dude, it was a joke that got out of hand.

You seem like a very smart guy. Its a very compelling story, well written, but a complete fictional fabrication. It's OK to admit you were taken by a creative hoax.

Have you seen what Kiku said about Titor ?

[edit on 17-2-2007 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

the science is not crap the science can be verified. does that mean titor is legit...NO it doesnt, but it supports his platform.

it could have been a joke, but i see no harm in what im doing. its not messing with my life, im not losing sleep, so whats the big deal???

no i havent seen kiku's claims but i read Ed Browns take on it. titor stripped most of his info from kiku's works. that could be, but its a fine line.

where is the harm of considering this guys as truth?? if you claim im wasting my time, then ill counter and say so what your doing is constructive?

out of all the things taking place in todays news, do you think titors claims are far off the mark??

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glyph_D

the science is not crap the science can be verified. does that mean titor is legit...NO it doesnt, but it supports his platform.

it could have been a joke, but i see no harm in what im doing. its not messing with my life, im not losing sleep, so whats the big deal???

no i havent seen kiku's claims but i read Ed Browns take on it. titor stripped most of his info from kiku's works. that could be, but its a fine line.

where is the harm of considering this guys as truth?? if you claim im wasting my time, then ill counter and say so what your doing is constructive?

out of all the things taking place in todays news, do you think titors claims are far off the mark??

Ok, lets tackle this baby one point at a time. You claim his science is legit

Please tell me the size of an electron

[edit on 17-2-2007 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Ok, lets tackle this baby one point at a time. You claim his science is legit

Please tell me the size of an electron

i got a better question why is it impossible for a black hole to exist at the size of an electron??

even if the BH was smaller than a electron it still can exist.

> An electron is an elementary particle. Elementary particles in
> physics have no structure.....
> So why say his BH's are the "size of an electron" when there ain't any
> such thing?

once again Brown puts his foot in his mouth. why does he assume there can be no particles smaller than an electron?? this man does not address the issue that BH are theoretical entities in our current date.....in a few months that wont be the case. if he was a thorough scientist he would have postulated the possibility of the blackhole creating much smaller units of measure than common particles.

also for some reason he superimposes the rules that apply to electron on black holes ...why??? titor only mentioned it as a reference to size not construction.

since you missed my response. why does Dr Brown believe the mass of a BH will exert the same "kind" of force as a bulldozer. a BH will have its only gravity it will/can not be assumed it will exert only one force in one direct at any time. a BH will behave as if its floating.

so statements like this are nonapplicable

That delorean must have good shocks

becuase no force will be exerted toward the vehicle- to cause a need for shocks.

your turn

[edit on 17/2/07 by Glyph_D]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
you know what, I've turned over a new leaf. These threads can bring out the worst in me.
I'm sorry for my obnoxious attitude

All I'm going to say is that if you look at how titor described how he APPLIED the science, its incredibly unrealistic his story is true, as well as many other facets of his story

1) even is Brown is wrong, and the 2 black holes don't weigh 2 billion metric tons, its still likely more than the suspension his chevy could have handled.

2) If you look at the time machine devise itself, I find it very unlikley it had sufficient shielding from the radiation, or a way to deal with the EM forces needed to deal with the black holes.

3) The nature of the errand is a contradiction. They can travel through time, but can't program in UNIX ?

4) Titor's language doesn't indicate he's from a different time. If I were talking to someone from 1977, chances are I would use slang or terms they are unfamiliar with, like grunge or ipod or internet, yet titor never does that.

5) Titor has become such an internet sensation, its simple logic to think he would be aware of it, and his bosses would be, in the future. I don't think they would send him back knowing he's going to spill the beans about his mission, perhaps jeopardizing it. "Loose lips sink ships" The fact that this thread still exists is kind od proof he's a hoax, if you see what I mean.

anyway, if you believe, great. good for you.

I just don't

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

1) even is Brown is wrong, and the 2 black holes don't weigh 2 billion metric tons, its still likely more than the suspension his chevy could have handled.

well my point is the weight of either BH is irrelevant. they will not exert a force to display any form of weight. "locked in space"

2) If you look at the time machine devise itself, I find it very unlikley it had sufficient shielding from the radiation, or a way to deal with the EM forces needed to deal with the black holes.

this is a good argument, however it must be considered that we have yet to experience the outcome of a dual event. hazardous levels of radiation may not be a factor. but tat the same it they may be. this point hangs in the balance of the unknown.

3) The nature of the errand is a contradiction. They can travel through time, but can't program in UNIX ?

titor states that they chose to go back to retrieve the hardware. perhaps they could have developed software to emulate what they needed, but decided to jump back and grab as to avoid months of hard ache.

titor never said they were incompetent.

4) Titor's language doesn't indicate he's from a different time. If I were talking to someone from 1977, chances are I would use slang or terms they are unfamiliar with, like grunge or ipod or internet, yet titor never does that.

well this is a ruff one, but the simple answer is he grew up in this time.

if you were born before 1977, you would have sufficient language skills to cross the gap- correct??

as of right now, if titor is real he is 8 years old, im sure the schooling he has as a child will carry with him.

even so, lets explore the vast differences of language from 1975 to 2007. its not that different, as you pointed out slang is the largest contrast between the ages. i dont recall titor useing much slang.

a side note if you were to go to the year 1977. would you use future slang ?? would you ask people for their cellphone or their ipod?? i think you would manage your speech carefully.

EDIT: TJW if your reading this applies the waco type events aswell, im certain in the future they call these events somthing else.

5) "Loose lips sink ships" The fact that this thread still exists is kind od proof he's a hoax, if you see what I mean.

yes... if they wanted exposure they got it. who got it?? not sure-maybe the lawyer. but if hes(titor) real and this lawyer just wanted to make a dime, then we are making the wrong judgement by shrugging these claims away.

thats cool if you dont believe, i mean you cant really profit off of titors claims. we have no exact dates to work with. titor put us in a position, "youll know when it happens" type scenario.

my point is dont freak out when this stuff starts happening. you havent got that luxury, titor informed you, you chose to ignore.

[edit on 18/2/07 by Glyph_D]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   

EDIT: TJW if your reading this applies the waco type events aswell, im certain in the future they call these events somthing else.

BS
After a civil war and ww3 they would have plenty of other stuff to compare.....
If he said Waco type events then there is absolutely nothing else that he said that would suggest he meant anything other than waco type events.
Or are you saying he was lying and really didn't mean that?

my point is dont freak out when this stuff starts happening. you havent got that luxury, titor informed you, you chose to ignore.

BS again
We've been waiting YEARS for stuff to start happening.
Nothing.
You can keep foolishly waiting if you want, hopefully everyone else has a life and will get on with it.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   

snip

heehee, like the olympics being cancelled ?

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
BS
After a civil war and ww3 they would have plenty of other stuff to compare.....
If he said Waco type events then there is absolutely nothing else that he said that would suggest he meant anything other than waco type events.
Or are you saying he was lying and really didn't mean that?

hahah i knew youd be around

you stated my point with precision..yet you failed to see.

"After a civil war and ww3 they would have plenty of other stuff to compare....."

right they would have better thing to relate it too, but we would have no knowledge of those better things, so he chose somthing that we would know about.

TITOR:**thinks to him self**hhmmm somthing these people could relate to that involves rights being usurped??? hmmmm i remember somthing about waco being a rights uproar... ill use that as an analogy. i hope they dont take me literal*crosses fingers**

heehee, like the olympics being cancelled ?

thats the only thing im willing to bend on here. we can argue every thing titor said but that is the only thing he said would happen that didnt.

however ive made my point on this earlier, ill re-state it.

titor said that there would be a 1-2% difference in our time from his.

now with what was going on during Torino, it could be suggested that it was under consideration that the 2006 olyms should be canceled. a council or even just one man decided that it should go as planned, so they do not provoke the people into hysteria.

i cant prove that but what i can prove is they had major concern of possible bombing taking place during Torino.

perhaps in titors time they did not take that risk, so canceled due to the "war on terror"

the decision of "yes we will continue" or "no we will not continue" is pretty close...maybe even 1-2% difference?

we must also take into consideration that titor says he solve the Y2K bug in our time(with the assistance of his grandfather). that caused a change didnt it??

from what i understand titor went to 1975 to talk to his grandfather. told his grandfather about the 2038 bug and that there is also a 2000 bug. then titor went to 2000 to see if he could effect the future, and he found that in deed he could. so he started talking on the net to people.

could he advert the 3rd world war?? maybe, but not likely.

some of what titor has said may not happen, but some still might.

only one failure has actually taken place- Torino

a civil conflict is not so easy to pin down, like most would like it to be.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
now i know this seems like im just being faithful. but im not- he made claims and if you take those claims into consideration his story is solid.

OK so he could have spent every night in his bed comin up with better and better explanations to fit his story. its possible.

but at no time does he contradict him self, save a few typos. so he has some credibility. and if claiming to be a timetraveller is credit damning, then i dont know what to say.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Wow...alooott of comments and post on this John Titor guy
he really is an interesting subject
and all you guys have basically done is thought up ways he can be right and wrong and how time travel would work and you also have connected real events that have happened to him such as hurricanes and all and its amazing.
Now what i want to know is the straight out question of if you believe he was real.

Personally..idk
I cant say because he has truths and lies in his stories
He says the Olympics end in 2004, obviously a lie
I see no visual civil war happening now that its 2007
and the only WW3 i see is the possibility that our war in the middle east gets wayyy outta hand or we have to go and invade korea.
This guy is pretty amazing. Keeps his story going and keeps us guessing such things as why Y2K didnt happen. I would love to meet this dude, time traveler or not, but i think we all would
As you can see some of what he says can be related to truth and other parts cant, but then again
maybe we are just in an altered worldline.
never know what might happen.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   

but at no time does he contradict him self, save a few typos. so he has some credibility.

lol
Didn't realize whole explanations and whole paragraphs could be "typos"

And what nonsense. I've shown you how easily it could be done.

right they would have better thing to relate it too, but we would have no knowledge of those better things, so he chose somthing that we would know about.

He could have used 9/11 if you think that was a coverup.
He could have used one of the many events that have occured in the War on Terror or the Iraq war....

[edit on 18-2-2007 by ThatsJustWeird]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
what do the titor believers make of the larry haber video I posted where he says he was contacted to merchandise tee shirts ?

I'm curious, does that effect your perception of JT's motives and credibility ?

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

but at no time does he contradict him self, save a few typos. so he has some credibility.

lol
Didn't realize whole explanations and whole paragraphs could be "typos"

And what nonsense. I've shown you how easily it could be done.

were are these whole explanations??

secondly, you know very well i messed up by giving you all the info you needed to clean your tracks, if i would have split more questions up into diff post id ran circles around you. tho it was fun

He could have used 9/11 if you think that was a coverup.
He could have used one of the many events that have occured in the War on Terror or the Iraq war....

TJW why would he use somthing that had yet to occur??? he was trying to explain an aspect of the conflict, whats the use of useing information your audience cant relate too???

what do the titor believers make of the larry haber video I posted where he says he was contacted to merchandise tee shirts ?

I'm curious, does that effect your perception of JT's motives and credibility ?

i missed that post of yours.

BUT

if the only thing they were trying to get out of this is an increase in Tshirts they are screwed in the head. they would not have wasted that much time and energy just to sell some shirts. that sounds absurd to consider it:/

unless there was more things that were to come out of this than tshirts, movies, book deals, ect.

i know there is a movie coming, and if you can prove his family is connected, prove to me it solely for profit.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   

were are these whole explanations??

Read back....

secondly, you know very well i messed up by giving you all the info you needed to clean your tracks, if i would have split more questions up into diff post id ran circles around you. tho it was fun

What are you talking about?

And why not continue to try?

As far as the Waco type events, my point still stands. Absolutely nothing in his posts indicates he was talking about anything other than Waco type events. Seems taser incidents are what you Titorites are calling waco type events. If Titor meant taser incidents then he would have simply said taser incidents (which can't even compare to Waco btw - why would that change in the future?)

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

What are you talking about?

And why not continue to try?

As far as the Waco type events, my point still stands. Absolutely nothing in his posts indicates he was talking about anything other than Waco type events. Seems taser incidents are what you Titorites are calling waco type events. If Titor meant taser incidents then he would have simply said taser incidents (which can't even compare to Waco btw - why would that change in the future?)

im talking about the govt control over your internet link system. if i had done that properly id of debunked you in a flash , ahhh but to no avail i failed to present my info properly.

as for the tasers- thats the proof of the non lethals being lethal, another titor claim comin true.

the waco stuff is hard to find becuase of the nature of the implications. this claim implies that people are being invaded or/and are having their rights violated.

niether of which foxnews would dare air. we hear claims here and there, but im certain not all incidents are being claimed or reported. and if they ever are, they have some BS spin on it.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

[
i missed that post of yours.

BUT

if the only thing they were trying to get out of this is an increase in Tshirts they are screwed in the head. they would not have wasted that much time and energy just to sell some shirts. that sounds absurd to consider it:/

unless there was more things that were to come out of this than tshirts, movies, book deals, ect.

i know there is a movie coming, and if you can prove his family is connected, prove to me it solely for profit.

I'd suggest you go back all of 1 or 2 pages and view it. It makes a lot of sense if you look at it as a joke that got out of hand. Why not sell a few tee shirts while you're at it ? I don't have to prove anything, because that is Habers claim, not mine. I'm sure you've been to titor.com, you can e-mail Larry and ask him any question you like.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

the waco stuff is hard to find becuase of the nature of the implications. this claim implies that people are being invaded or/and are having their rights violated.

niether of which foxnews would dare air. we hear claims here and there, but im certain not all incidents are being claimed or reported. and if they ever are, they have some BS spin on it.

incorrect

Tiror posted they recieved media attention, similar to Elian Gonzalez.

You owe me 37 waco type events, that received media attention similar to Elian Gonzalez.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
and I'm not giving up on the science either.

You have to explain how the suspension is his chevy supported 2 BH's.

You have to explain how he was protected from the radiation, and how he had 2 BH's on the surface of a planet, in the middle of a solar syatem, and there wasn't any adverse effect.

Was it the PVC case he carried them in ?

c'mon dude,

think !!!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

incorrect

Tiror posted they recieved media attention, similar to Elian Gonzalez.

You owe me 37 waco type events, that received media attention similar to Elian Gonzalez.

right... read my last sentence.. it gives the outlines.

coverage of waco, ruby ridge, and elian gonzalez: were not even close at addressing the real issue taking place.

now i cant prove what titor meant by saying this>

I don't remember a great deal about media coverage during the civil conflicts. I would probably characterize it the same way you see coverage of Waco, Ruby Ridge and Elian Gonzalez.

but the fact he states the "same way you see" raises interest. explain to me *if you can* what all three of these events have in common. aside from my explaination. i believe (if titor is real) he was refering to our top notch news teams never getting to the real story but diverting the stories into sensationalism.

and I'm not giving up on the science either.

You have to explain how the suspension is his chevy supported 2 BH's.

as you shouldnt, but IMO if your gonna talk about science you should try applying it here...

your suspension question- ive answered this 3 times now(i think). ill answer one more time.

first "weight" is a measurement of an object "in relation to gravity"

earths gravity overrides the gravity emmitting from an object, in a type of tug-o-war, the greatest gravity field will alway trump a weaker one. our earth stays in orbit around the sun for this very concept, as do the other planets.

you may ask if thats the case why does our moon stay in orbit around earth instead of orbiting the sun? if your statment is correct.

well im glad you asked, because gravity(and many other aspects of our reality) has a ratio- strength/distance. with this ratio we would find that the gravity from the moon to earth is far greater than the ratio of the moon to the sun.

now throw a black hole in to this situation, what do you get???

becuase BH are still theory we can only say what we do know. much like if titor is real then we know this* will occurr. a BH has an extremely greater gravity than all the planets in our solar system combined.

if you're quick on your feet you may ask- ok lets say your right, but why doesnt all the planets become submissive to the BH will? well this is a tough question becuase the nature of a BH is uncertain at this point. however it is postulated that a BH strong gravity force does not begin until you cross the horizon. so if thats the case, then not much will be effected by the BH unless it comes in direct contact with the BH.

so what do you get when you introduce a BH in to a planetary gravity environment??

lets review-

becuase the BH exceeds the planets in strength it can not be controlled by those planets. becuase a BH only effects those things that it come in contact with, it does not control the planets. with all the above taken into acount you can really only have one conclusion.

there is one scenario that entangles both points. that scenario is that a BH will be independent and not be effected by any outside force of gravity (unless a greater form of gravity comes around).

independent = self-governing

now we know measuring mass of an object without a contrast gravity force(greater) is not possible. becuase a no-weight situation occurs with out a contrast gravity force. like being in outer space.

givin the nature of a BH. it can not be weighed by contrast with earths gravity field. because the BH will behave independent of earth gravity.

lets draw a mental picture:

we have a device that can create a BH. we create the BH and it drops to the ground smashing into the earth. *this is fantasy, not how it works*

the truth is like this- we have a device that can create a BH. we create the BH and it floats, it floats under its own gravity. the BH is now weightless.

You have to explain how he was protected from the radiation, and how he had 2 BH's on the surface of a planet, in the middle of a solar syatem, and there wasn't any adverse effect.

i am not entirely convinced that there will even be radiation. its an unknown

even tho ive explained you 2nd question above, ill go into this as well. a dual event horizon is a wonder of logic. but essentially it will allow a safer BH to work with. what a dual does is bends space in a particular area. it allows an object to exist inside its perimeter and not be effected by its force. and if time exists as we claim it to be *an outcome of gravity* a dual event will be the cockpit of the timetravelling device.

NOTE: we(human civilization) dont know any factual element to what pertains to a "blackhole". it all theory, but it is supported through mathematics. now that doesnt mean its a real entity. BUT CERN believes it to be and if they are successful then we will get our answers.

[edit on 19/2/07 by Glyph_D]

top topics

<< 165  166  167    169  170  171 >>

join