It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Civil War of 2005 as predicted by John Titor

page: 159
<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
yes ive read quite a bit on that site, but im at a loss to find your quote on there

in regards to him not replying to ppls questions : hes a man with a schedule and a life of his own. and not to mention he fought in a war to insure his freedoms, and not be held down by oppressors. and the way most ppl aproach this subject is synonymous with a pack of wild dogs.

neglecting a few morons isnt proof of avoiding persecution,its simple just that "neglect"

the same if i was to ignore you cuase of your difficulty toward the subject. it doesnt mean your right, it would mean im done speaking to you.

i get most of my info from this siteJohn Titor

tho the site has fallen apart from a redesign, its civil war section is still up and running.

EDIT:i found your quote;

For all of you interested in coming back with me to 2036, perhaps we should discuss the trip. Please be aware, the displacement unit moves through time, not space. First, we will be driving the current vehicle (Chevy truck) with the displacement unit in it to Tampa Florida. From there, we will go back to my arrival date on this worldline. Then we will have to drive to Minnesota, sell the current vehicle and get another one that would have been around in 1975. We will then move the displacement unit (500 lbs or so) into the new vehicle and go back to 1975. Once in 1975, we’ll drive back to Tampa and make the final hop to 2036. If you’d like to stay in 1975, you’re welcome to do that. It can also get quite hot and stuffy during the trip and you’ll be subjected to a 1.5 to 2 G force the entire time. You’ll also need some sort of a re-breather system or oxygen supply.

I have found that many misunderstandings and arguments are based on the differences in understanding over a single word. Two different cultures can have a drastic impact on the meaning of words like “proof”, “trust” and “credibility”. My frustration is in understanding the use of the words. I am trying to follow the logic of all of the comments.

this is the first time i have seen this quotation(and im sure there are more that ive missed), but it doesnt really change anything its stilll how i said it was its a description of his departure. the other quote is a log(ifyouwill) of the arrival

your point that he says this to discourage ppl from traveling with him , doesnt hold much water imo.

the second paragraph in the above quote is spot on in terms of conversations on the net. ppl play word games far to much becuase they wont be held accountable if it turns out there wrong. half of the arguments you and i get into are stupid childish word games:/. i really dont get word games becuase in my studies of words there are 2 main sources a dictionary and a thesaurus, and as you should know a thesaurus groups words with like meanings.

ahhh if only trolls of the intarweb would read a thesaurus.

[edit on 5-1-2007 by Glyph_D]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Timeout.

I want to continue discussing Titor, but....Glyph....buddy....you gotta learn when to stop. You have to be extremely careful in what you choose to defend. This was funny at first, but now you are seriously scaring me.
People so gullible are absolutely frightening to me. I fear for your safty. I being am deadly serious. If you're so willing to defend such a clear contradiction....I don't know....what else will you believe so easily? Blindly believing anything you read is NEVER a good thing. Not being able to know fiction from reality is NEVER a good thing.

this is the first time i have seen this quotation(and im sure there are more that ive missed), but it doesnt really change anything its stilll how i said it was its a description of his departure. the other quote is a log(ifyouwill) of the arrival

Did you read the other quote? He says in the other quote, that his departure will take 35 years. Here he's saying 61 years (86 actually - since they're going back first). If I say it's going to rain tomorrow with no chance of sunshine then turn around and say it's going to be sunny with no chance of rain without retracting my previous statement, this is called a contradiction.

I have given you the direct quotes and links to see the context. How you can sit there and try to defend the mistake is mindblowing.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Timeout.

I want to continue discussing Titor, but....Glyph....buddy....you gotta learn when to stop. You have to be extremely careful in what you choose to defend. This was funny at first, but now you are seriously scaring me.
People so gullible are absolutely frightening to me. I fear for your safty. I being am deadly serious. If you're so willing to defend such a clear contradiction....I don't know....what else will you believe so easily? Blindly believing anything you read is NEVER a good thing. Not being able to know fiction from reality is NEVER a good thing.

Did you read the other quote? He says in the other quote, that his departure will take 35 years. Here he's saying 61 years (86 actually - since they're going back first). If I say it's going to rain tomorrow with no chance of sunshine then turn around and say it's going to be sunny with no chance of rain without retracting my previous statement, this is called a contradiction.

I have given you the direct quotes and links to see the context. How you can sit there and try to defend the mistake is mindblowing.

from my point of view this is no contradiction. if your are indeed talking about the two quotes below.

My initial flight was from 2036 to 1975 (61 yrs). I then went from 1975 to 2000 (25 yrs.) Later this year, one of two favorable windows will open and I will return to my 2036 (35 yrs.)

ill translate using my own words and stay faithful to what he was saying....trust me

my mission was to travel back to the year 1975 and collect an item. after collecting the item, i decided to go see my parents in the year 2000. it is now 2001 and its about time for me to return to my time(2036).

First, we will be driving the current vehicle (Chevy truck) with the displacement unit in it to Tampa Florida. From there, we will go back to my arrival date on this worldline. Then we will have to drive to Minnesota, sell the current vehicle and get another one that would have been around in 1975. We will then move the displacement unit (500 lbs or so) into the new vehicle and go back to 1975. Once in 1975, we’ll drive back to Tampa and make the final hop to 2036.

ill translate this one also....

before i go it is necessary to tell you that we will need to travel to the year 1975 before we are to go to 2036. because i wasnt supposed to come to the year 2000-2001, and i need to erase the event from happening in my timeline, ill need to go back to my timeline with as little divergence as i can make. so i will, WE will travel back to the year 1975 where the two timelines converge, it will then be ok to travel to 2036, and will be the same as i left it.

if you still think this is a contradiction plz point it out(sorry). i dont see it.

i see your point on the 35 versus 86, but thats not a contradiction. one quote he doesnt mention the timeline correction and in the other he does.

the reason he mentions the timeline correction is because hell be taking other ppl with him and its not a good situation to tell the ppl traveling with you "o right one last thing i need to go back to 1975 first"*activates timemachine* -WHOOOSH their gone-. he doesnt want ppl freaking out on him they will already be time shifting why stress them even more.

i know you think im a blind believer, but honestly im not. i consider his claims because they are coming into fruit. no more no less. and for me to consider him to be legit his time traveling better be correct. and it is through my interpretation. if you think my perspective is bad show me where. because i know a great deal about science and i happen to have very good observation skills.

here some Sherlock Holmes quotes...

In solving a problem of this sort, the grand thing is to be able to reason backward. That is a very useful accomplishment, and a very easy one, but people do not practice it much. In the everyday affairs of life it is more useful to reason forward, and so the other comes to be neglected. There are fifty who can reason synthetically for one who can reason analytically.

It is one of those instances where the reasoner can produce an effect which seems remarkable to his neighbor, because the latter has missed the one little point which is the basis of the deduction.

When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

particularly im working with the third quote, these claims are not impossible yet, so they still have some basis to be looked into.

EDIT: i also must stress that should i find titor to be a true hoax and can be proven without a doubt. it wont change who i am, i honestly dont give a rats ass about the guy, and i wont lose an ounce of sleep. and if he is a hoax i will find out -unequivocally. BUT at this point in my readings of his quotes he hasnt tripped up. well actually there is one claim without a doubt he was wrong and that was the 2006 Olympics, but becuase he claimed divergence as a result of timetravel hes safe. so...........

[edit on 6-1-2007 by Glyph_D]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I would honestly like to see a chevy truck try and time travel, that would be highly amusing to me. Anyway, if he is trying to take people with him: BIG MISTAKE! Each person has a part in the world even if it is to die, taking people from a timeline and moving them forward could forever change things.
Translation: Grandfather Paradox
Time travel to BEFORE your birth, kill your father grandfather, you are never born.
In this case of Titor: Person who goes to the future fails to do their goal in the current timeline, lets say they were supposed to die on December 31, 2016, well their sacrifice at THAT time saved the life of the future leader of the USA. With them GONE from the timeline, the future leader DIES, and the timeline changes.

I need to point this out now to Glyph-D and the others who are bickering about believing:
Book: 2nd American Civil War
This book too goes over a civil war in the USA, or I should say the chances of, the guy makes an outline for what will happen based on what he saw back in the 80's-90's which was a very racist one. I know Quakers (a religious christian group, very devout) who ALSO say a civil war will happen. Heck even BEFORE I heard of Titor I figured something would happen around 2008, its just logical when you look at the buildup of things.
Titor says civil war will start, well people from all over the place have been saying the same for over 20 or more years, no big deal on that end. Saying WHEN it will start, that is rather impossible, no one knows for certain.
Any of you stop and think that maybe Titor tried to throw a little possible truth in with a bunk of BS just to get people to buy his book, then it unwittingly started to come true? Some people say they have visions then things happen, Nostradamus had visions of Germany invading France over a river with giant iron monsters and low and behold in WW2 here came the German panzers.
Be carefull of what you believe and HOW. Sometimes you can agree with some of what someone says but be carefull of how far you go to support something.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

ThatsJustWeird
oops!
First he says he'll go from then (2001) to 2036 (hence the 35 years). But when people start asking to come with him, he comes up with all that crap there. Saying how they'll have to drive to Minnesota (for what!?), go back to 1975, THEN go foward. This was a blatent attempt to get people disinterested in going with him and another blatent contradiction.

There is no contradiction.

It's very clear he was keeping this part short on words with no technical details. If you read the whole quote, it is evident of just that. Titor is giving a time line from now to then, 01-36 (35 yrs.) Since he's keeping it brief in form but comprehensive in scope, there is no reason to explain it all in this post.

No reason to say something like, "35 yrs. from your worldline... blah blah..ext."

You can construe it anyway you want since it's brief TJW, but the fact is Titor did explain theoretically how it works in several other posts.

ThatsJustWeird:

(He also states he's alone - and the displacement unit weighs 500 lbs. So apparently he's able to lift 500 lb objects by himself with no problem)

I never had problems moving 500 lb objects alone, especially after using a dolly or pulley. I've moved more weight than that before. By looking at the size of his displacement unit, it's not that bulky and probably wouldn't be a problem. And for that reason, Titor or anyone could do it alone.

[edit on 6-1-2007 by XPhiles]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vekar
I would honestly like to see a chevy truck try and time travel, that would be highly amusing to me. Anyway, if he is trying to take people with him: BIG MISTAKE! Each person has a part in the world even if it is to die, taking people from a timeline and moving them forward could forever change things.
Translation: Grandfather Paradox
Time travel to BEFORE your birth, kill your father grandfather, you are never born.

I need to point this out now to Glyph-D and the others who are bickering about believing:
Book: 2nd American Civil War
This book too goes over a civil war in the USA, or I should say the chances of........

Vekar- titor says the grandfather paradox is not an issue. ive went over this a couple pages back.

also so ive went over the issue of many ppl claiming a dystopian future. the fact that there is a word as defined as dystopia, shows this is no isolated claim.

the difference with their claims and titors, is he says he was involved in it and has used timetravel and came back to talk about it.

[edit on 6-1-2007 by Glyph_D]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Even so he runs that risk just by being here IF he is from the future, one wrong move and everything falls apart. Here is another issue with the time travel, bringing a "time travel device" would allow the government to forever change time. The elite could use the device to assassinate all those who would appose them by going back and forth between time. Go forward to 2020 and find who is their opposition leaders, find their birth dates, then go to those birth dates and have a VERY convienient "accident" happen to the infant.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

oops!
First he says he'll go from then (2001) to 2036 (hence the 35 years). But when people start asking to come with him, he comes up with all that crap there. Saying how they'll have to drive to Minnesota (for what!?), go back to 1975, THEN go foward. This was a blatent attempt to get people disinterested in going with him and another blatent contradiction.

lol, you are grasping at straws. Just accept that Titor's world is coming closer to you....

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Even so he runs that risk just by being here IF he is from the future, one wrong move and everything falls apart. Here is another issue with the time travel, bringing a "time travel device" would allow the government to forever change time. The elite could use the device to assassinate all those who would appose them by going back and forth between time. Go forward to 2020 and find who is their opposition leaders, find their birth dates, then go to those birth dates and have a VERY convienient "accident" happen to the infant.

What you state above is the exact premise behind the storyline of the Terminator Trilogy, they use a time-travel device to send this terminator back to eliminate the mother of the son who will lead the resistance against the machines in the future. You guys know how it goes......

This just made me think of another possibility - have any of you guys ever wondered wether Titor might have been a government agent disguising himself as a resistance fighter on these posts to either weed out, or use the forum as bait to find a particular person or persons who might pose a risk in the future by their comments and actions online?

Just something to think about. Do you really think that the resistance movement after the "civil war" of his timeline had access to time travel technology? Yeah, theres the chance they took or hijacked it off the government of the day, but I think the chances are slim. The top brains/scientists and government agents would have access to this technology for every man and his dog would be runing back and forth through time changin it for their own greedy motives, as in Back to the future 3.

Just thought I'd throw that curve ball into the debate to see what you fellow Titorites think about the possibility of Titor himself being a double/covert agent on a totaly different mission to the one he described!!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

You obviously didn't red or understood the infinite world-line theory that JT explained. Even if he changes the past doesn't affect his future. Why? Because it's not the same timeline. You can go kill everyone in the past, you will only change that timeline's future, not yours.

So the ```terminator`` concept is not what is supposed to be real according to Titor view of the world. From his reality, the timelines aren't connected.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
You are not grasping my point, melbourn did to a degree. You see I was saying:
"What is the government did believe his statement and went to capture his "time travel device" then used it to change history so they remain in power, the elite that is."
That is what I am saying, should his story be true it is a high risk, you see what would have happened if you went to 1920 and assassinated Hitler? Would WW2 have come about? No one knows. I am saying: this is a risk, and it should be thought of as such, each life is precouse and a time machine in the wrong hands during civil war will cause extreme fatalities for one side, pray it be the the evil side.
If Titor was to weed people out he alone could never do that, not with a book, that is just too vast a problem since books trade hands all the time in this world. So far we ALREADY have those trying to weed out those who would fight them: FBI, NSA, CIA and DHS. So far DHS admitted to having a list of OVER 20,000 people who would HAVE to go if the government wanted to "be in total control."

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glyph_D
my mission was to travel back to the year 1975 and collect an item. after collecting the item, i decided to go see my parents in the year 2000. it is now 2001 and its about time for me to return to my time(2036).

Which will take 35 years (according to Titor)

ill translate this one also....

before i go it is necessary to tell you that we will need to travel to the year 1975 before we are to go to 2036. because i wasnt supposed to come to the year 2000-2001, and i need to erase the event from happening in my timeline, ill need to go back to my timeline with as little divergence as i can make. so i will, WE will travel back to the year 1975 where the two timelines converge, it will then be ok to travel to 2036, and will be the same as i left it.

Titor on NUMOUROUS occasions said that NOTHING he does will affect his timeline. There's aboslutely NO reason to go to Minnesota. There is absolutely NO reason to go back to 1975.
This trip takes 61 years

if you still think this is a contradiction plz point it out(sorry). i dont see it.

In BOTH quotes he is describing the SAME EVENT. His return home. In one he says it'll take 35 in another he says 61 (86 total). This is what we in this worldline call a contradiction.
If he had retracted his previous statement that it would just take 35 years, then that would have been fine. We wouldn't be having this discussion.

There's no such thing as a timeline correction so I don't need to go over the rest of your post...

And this reply goes to all you other Titorites.
If Titor was here I'm positive even he would acknowledge his mistake and possibly correct it, yet you guys sit up here and try to twist his words to make them right because you don't want your precious little hero to look human

How sad.

If you all are like this now...man, I can't wait to show more mistakes!

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Vekar
You are not grasping my point....

your point is not a good point. time does not work the way you say it does according to titor.

1.you exist on timeline(A)
2.if you travel backward you create timeline(B).
3.while in timeline(B) if you change something (like killing hitler) you only change timeline(B).
4.from the altered timeline(B) if you travel backward you create timeline(C).
5.if from timeline(C) you travel forward past timeline(B) you will create timeline(D), you will have erased timeline(B).**in timeline(D) hitler will still be alive**
6.if you want to go back to timeline(A) you will have to compromise and go to timeline(F).
7.in order to reach timeline(F) you must create timeline(E), it will exist chronologically before timeline(A)(B)(C)(D)

timeline(F) is the same date as timeline(A) but with a 1-2% divergence.

EDIT: when you travel forward through time, you do not create a new timeline. the reason (D) is written above is to show that (B) would have been stripped from the traveling line, but in actuality (D) would be timeline(C).

*IMPORTANT NOTE* in line five i mention timeline(B) being erased, this is not entirely true, timeline (B) will still exist, but it can not be reached through timetravel again. this realization goes for all timelines(A-Z). every time your travel you start a new timeline, and traveling back to those precise timelines is not possible with with timetravel.

yes the govt could try to use timetravel to profit, but its success is not guaranteed. the only way to profit in timetravel is to create as little divergence as one can. becuase if you allow the divergence to increase you may risk more than you may be willing to[unintentional grandfather paradox]. however if you keep your divergence low you can avoid such an outcome.

Which will take 35 years (according to Titor)

actually its a difference of 35 years 2001 to 2036 is 35.

This trip takes 61 years

yes the difference is 61 years 1975 to 2036 is 61.

i see why your stuck on this, heres my assessment ive said it before one he mentions the timeline correction and the other he does not. and yes a timline correction is necessary for him to reach his timeline

In BOTH quotes he is describing the SAME EVENT.

these two quotes share a common theme but they are not the same event. they are only the same event if you edit the two quotes. like this>

Later this year, ....I will return to my 2036.

We will .... go back to 1975. Once in 1975, we’ll .... make the final hop to 2036.

thats as close as you can get, and still its not a contradiction.

and finally

Titor on NUMOUROUS occasions said that NOTHING he does will affect his timeline.

wrong titor says a 1-2% divergence can and will occur. but yes in a way no matter how bad he destroys are timeline; his timeline is still intact.

[edit on 7-1-2007 by Glyph_D]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Correct me if Im wrong here or if Ive missed something, but going by the folowing Titor quote -

"We will .... go back to 1975. Once in 1975, we’ll .... make the final hop to 2036."

I was under the assumption that Titor was here by himself? Him saying "WE" refers to somebody else does it not?

Also, would the spoken of 1-2% divergence on timelines be enough to stop event taking place now that would lead to a civil war?

1-2% is not that much and an event as large as a civil war and nukes is a pretty big thing.

In other quotes he said, in regards to the Y2K bug, it sounded like he was taking the credit for it not happening, is that right?

And how can we be so sure that he did in fact go back to 1975 to just get that particular IBM machine.....did anything else wierd/different happen in 1975 that we could possibly connect to Titors being there on our current timeline? This timeline A,B,C,D thing confused the hell out of me....sorry

Im trying to get my head around it....its just the more I think about Titor and him going to 2000 then to 1975, I just think there more going on to it. Did he maybe find somethin in 1975 that made him have to come to 2000 unexpectedly?

Then to avoid his superiors knowing what he was upto here, wehter they were sinister motives or indeed just to warn us, he had to go to 75 before going to 2036 so his superiors would never find out?

This all just brings more and more questions out for us to analyse. Not a bad thing thou, I think its a good topic to really give our brains a workout.

Keep it up fellas

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Correct me if Im wrong here or if Ive missed something......

I was under the assumption that Titor was here by himself? Him saying "WE" refers to somebody else does it not?

in these quote titor is talking to ppl that are gonin to travel back with him if they choose to.(i myself was exposed to these quotes a few posts back, threw me off too)

hers the entire quote>

For all of you interested in coming back with me to 2036, perhaps we should discuss the trip. Please be aware, the displacement unit moves through time, not space. First, we will be driving the current vehicle (Chevy truck) with the displacement unit in it to Tampa Florida. From there, we will go back to my arrival date on this worldline. Then we will have to drive to Minnesota, sell the current vehicle and get another one that would have been around in 1975. We will then move the displacement unit (500 lbs or so) into the new vehicle and go back to 1975. Once in 1975, we’ll drive back to Tampa and make the final hop to 2036. If you’d like to stay in 1975, you’re welcome to do that. It can also get quite hot and stuffy during the trip and you’ll be subjected to a 1.5 to 2 G force the entire time. You’ll also need some sort of a re-breather system or oxygen supply.

Also, would the spoken of 1-2% divergence on timelines be enough to stop event taking place now that would lead to a civil war?

yes it very well could , but i think a civil war is bigger than titor or myself. and if its gonna happen its gonna happen

i account the 2006 Olympics as divergence, becuase the time period torino was held the world was scared of attacks from terrorists, and im certain that canceling the games was considered. but

This timeline A,B,C,D thing confused the hell out of me....sorry

im sorry ive cleaned it up

Im trying to get my head around it....its just the more I think about Titor and him going to 2000 then to 1975, I just think there more going on to it. Did he maybe find somethin in 1975 that made him have to come to 2000 unexpectedly?

Then to avoid his superiors knowing what he was upto here, wehter they were sinister motives or indeed just to warn us, he had to go to 75 before going to 2036 so his superiors would never find out?

could be titor went to 2000 to meet his family and to do some "personal things"

you second paragraph is my point(To TJW) he must undo what hes done or he will be found out. becuase corporal punishment does exist in his timeline and he could be convicted if he has messed things up.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

wrong titor says a 1-2% divergence can and will occur. but yes in a way no matter how bad he destroys are timeline; his timeline is still intact.

?
No...
Titor only stated that he believed there was a 2% divergence between his timeline and ours. His being there didn't cause the divergence, it was there already.
That's what he believed, and that was for that trip. During one of his trips the divergence could be 70%, who knows....

he must undo what hes done or he will be found out. becuase corporal punishment does exist in his timeline and he could be convicted if he has messed things up.

If he messes what up?
Again, nothing he does will affect his timeline, so if he came here and killed everyone on earth, then go back to his. Everything would still be the same in his. The only way anyone would find out is if he confessed (he states this in his posts).

All of this doesn't matter though. The whole multiverse/mulitiworldline theories have absolutely no scientific backing whatsoever and are PURE science fiction.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

1.you exist on timeline(A)
2.if you travel backward you create timeline(B).
3.while in timeline(B) if you change something (like killing hitler) you only change timeline(B).
4.from the altered timeline(B) if you travel backward you create timeline(C).
5.if from timeline(C) you travel forward past timeline(B) you will create timeline(D), you will have erased timeline(B).**in timeline(D) hitler will still be alive**
6.if you want to go back to timeline(A) you will have to compromise and go to timeline(F).
7.in order to reach timeline(F) you must create timeline(E), it will exist chronologically before timeline(A)(B)(C)(D)

timeline(F) is the same date as timeline(A) but with a 1-2% divergence.

EDIT: when you travel forward through time, you do not create a new timeline. the reason (D) is written above is to show that (B) would have been stripped from the traveling line, but in actuality (D) would be timeline(C).

*IMPORTANT NOTE* in line five i mention timeline(B) being erased, this is not entirely true, timeline (B) will still exist, but it can not be reached through timetravel again. this realization goes for all timelines(A-Z). every time your travel you start a new timeline, and traveling back to those precise timelines is not possible with with timetravel.

ive quoted myself to further explain this phenomenon, and remember this is according to titor, and because he is claiming to have actually performed timetravel. i will use his claims, instead of other cliams of timetravel procedure. also remember titor did not explain this thoroughly and I have built the model from his claims.

the above quote is straight forward, only if you understand that one "common idealistic" variable does not occur. this variable is difficult to explain but i will try.

i will use "BacktotheFuture I&II" as a base.

this variable that exists causes marty and doc to get into an adventure of sorts.

first marty goes to 1955[timeline(B)] from 1985[timeline(A)]. he meets his dad, and saves him from danger. this event leads marty to realize hes just messed up the relationship that should have happened between his parents [an altered timeline(B)].then the rest of the movie he tries to return order to "time", then leaves for 1985[timeline(C) actually altered timeline(B)].

in the next movie marty must travel back to the 1955[timeline(E)] from 1985[timeline(C)], becuase of some altering done by older biff[from the future of timeline(C) he created timeline(D)]. in timeline(E) there are two Marty's and two Doc Browns and one altered young biff. (as you can tell this is getting messy divergence wise) at the end, marty travels to 1985[timeline(F) which is actually altered timeline(E)].

timeline(F) is no where near being close to timeline(A), there was no attempt to perform a timeline correction. this movie makes the assumption that time will repeat itself and that all timelines are connected through events. however titor suggests that when a timeline is created it splits away from the previous timeline.

however im not sure if this movie is wrong intirely, becuase thru out the movie they use the same times and dates, which may cuase disruption in time its self

now its time to titorize this....

heres the variable i want to get to; through titors explanations(and other scientific thoeries) ive come to understand that time reduces into equilibrium. which means not all events repeat, they only repeat if their supported by other events. anything that can be omitted will.

example:
through titors explanation if i were to travel to the year 1991 and sit in a chair in a building on February 12 at 12:15pm. then if i were to travel to the year 1990 in December and waited around at the same building and the same chair till February 12 12:16pm.I WOULD NOT MEET MY SELF, the reason i caps/bolded that is to emphasize the importants of this claim.

what that means is, if marty would have traveled to the year 1954, then from there went to 1985. he could have avoided all the troubles, and the movie itself wouldve been very stale, and not very entertaining.

EDIT:also worth mentioning marty would not have to save the relationship of his parents in timeline(B) to stay alive, because marty did not originate from timeline(B) he came from timeline(A) which is still in tact. so he would not die, he wouldnt be born in timeline(B), but that wont make him fade away

Once you understand what titor is saying most of his claims(timetravel) begin to fit very nicely together.

titors claims do not follow classical reason, but we are not dealing with something reasonable- its timetravel. and at one point in time to say the earth was round made no sense at all, but it indeed is the truth.

when timetravel is discovered and this variable turns out to be unavoidable, that will be the proof titor is fraud. but because i nor do i know anyone who has traveled through time i must allow consideration to the man who says hes done it.

after all we are not talking about something that can be argued in a philosophical manner, this is science, cold hard science.

its natures law to control not ours.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

he must undo what hes done or he will be found out. becuase corporal punishment does exist in his timeline and he could be convicted if he has messed things up.

If he messes what up?
Again, nothing he does will affect his timeline, so if he came here and killed everyone on earth, then go back to his. Everything would still be the same in his. The only way anyone would find out is if he confessed (he states this in his posts).

your guilty of assuming things and so shall I. i assume that timeline correction is protocol. and if it is indeed protocol the only way he could be found out is if he were to confess.

All of this doesn't matter though. The whole multiverse/mulitiworldline theories have absolutely no scientific backing whatsoever and are PURE science fiction.

actually this is the science of the 21st century, string theory , super gravity, and quantum mechanics.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

actually this is the science of the 21st century, string theory , super gravity, and quantum mechanics.

Unbelievable...Wikipedia is reading my mind. I was just about to type something like this but then decided to check wiki, just to see what it says....
Since wiki is...you know...wiki....please follow the actual links

en.wikipedia.org...
(please don't concentrate on what I'm about to quote, this is just for what we were just talking about)

Parallel universes might provide a way out of paradoxes. Everett's many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics suggests that all possible quantum events can occur in mutually exclusive histories.[24] These alternate, or parallel, histories would form a branching tree symbolizing all possible outcomes of any interaction. If all possibilities exist, any paradoxes could be explained by having the paradoxical events happening in a different universe. This concept is most often used in science-fiction, but some physicists such as David Deutsch have suggested that if time travel is possible and the many-worlds interpretation is correct, then a time traveler should indeed end up in a different history than the one he started from. [1] On the other hand, Stephen Hawking has argued that even if the many-worlds interpretation is correct, we should expect each time traveler to experience a single self-consistent timeline, so that time travelers remain within their own world rather than traveling to a different one. [4]

In other words
1. Mostly sci fi (like I said earlier)
2. Even if it were true, there's no evidence we'd be able to traverse these "worldlines"

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   

You are not grasping my point, melbourn did to a degree. You see I was saying:
"What is the government did believe his statement and went to capture his "time travel device" then used it to change history so they remain in power, the elite that is."
That is what I am saying, should his story be true it is a high risk, you see what would have happened if you went to 1920 and assassinated Hitler? Would WW2 have come about? No one knows. I am saying: this is a risk, and it should be thought of as such, each life is precouse and a time machine in the wrong hands during civil war will cause extreme fatalities for one side, pray it be the the evil side.
If Titor was to weed people out he alone could never do that, not with a book, that is just too vast a problem since books trade hands all the time in this world. So far we ALREADY have those trying to weed out those who would fight them: FBI, NSA, CIA and DHS. So far DHS admitted to having a list of OVER 20,000 people who would HAVE to go if the government wanted to "be in total control."

Vitchilo knows exactly what you are explaining. If you went to 1920 and assassinated Hitler, it wouldn't effect our present worldline according to Titor or many-worlds interpretation. You should read up on Titor more or look up Hugh Everett and worldlines. Unless you plan to stay in 1920 or on those worldines where you assassinated Hitler.

However, a time traveler like Titor could give fair warning of a future Hitler like person, which could lead to assassination. ext.....

ThatsJustWeird:
Unbelievable...Wikipedia is reading my mind. I was just about to type something like this but then decided to check wiki, just to see what it says....
Since wiki is...you know...wiki....please follow the actual links

1. Mostly sci fi (like I said earlier)

ThatsJustWeird:
Your persistent examples crack me up. Wiki
all the open editing that can be done there. I wonder how many times John Titor's wiki has been hacked up by you lol.....

Anyway since you mention wiki and sci fi, think about this story written in 1865 by Jules Verne. Most people in the past thought it was all science fantasy about man traveling to the moon, thinking it would never happen in the future.

Unless you believe in The Great Moon Hoax

From the Earth to the Moon

en.wikipedia.org...
From the Earth to the Moon (French: De la Terre à la Lune) is a humorous science fantasy story written in 1865 by Jules Verne and is one of the earliest entries in that genre. It tells the story of three well-to-do members of a post-American Civil War gun club who build an enormous sky-facing columbiad and ride a spaceship fired from it to the moon.

Most interestingly, his estimate of the cost of the project in 1865 dollars is near the cost of the Apollo 11 flight in 1969 dollars. The story bears further similarities to the real-life Apollo program:

ThatsJustWeird:
2. Even if it were true, there's no evidence we'd be able to traverse these "worldlines"

If worldlines are discovered, it would mean we could possibly traverse to other worldlines. Just look into the quantum world, by studying particles one could think we simultaneously exist in a trans-universe of particles (possibly true.) Then the thoughts of something like quantum foam and black holes does give some leeway.

How far does the wormhole go?

Man, I hope you don't try to lift 500 lbs, it could be dangerous to you

[edit on 8-1-2007 by XPhiles]

top topics

<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join