It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Civil War of 2005 as predicted by John Titor

page: 127
<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Will “Peak-Oil” be our next “Y2K” or not….? Perhaps it isn’t such a bad idea to be prepared anyway…….just in case……anyone for tuna fish….for about 7 years?……

John Titor: “After the war, the main problem was distribution. Can anyone tell me how many companies in the United States still manufacture bicycle tires today? Anyone who still has a bike in 2008 will find out.”

“People spend more time talking because life is more centered on the community. I've noticed the same type of effect here when the power goes off. People tend to come out of their homes and actually spend time with their neighbors.”

www.delmarvanow.com.../20060730/NEWS01/607300311/1002
Plans begin for looming peak oil crisis
Originally published July 30, 2006
SALISBURY -- Gas prices around $3 a gallon are making drivers grouchy. If prices rose to $4 a gallon, drivers would probably howl, maybe tossing out an incumbent politician or two in their anger. Now imagine the implications of $10 or $20 gallons of gas ... in the next 10 years.

That scenario -- seemingly unlikely -- is being seriously mulled by people who think the world's natural oil supply is about to become harder than ever to convert into gasoline, oil and other petrochemicals on which the world economy depends. Devotees of this theory, called "peak oil," are turning to local governments and community groups to start preparing for a world in which gasoline costs are triple or quadruple what they are now.

”If the experts I listen to can be believed, it's one of the biggest calamities to hit the human race," Lankford said Wednesday in an interview at his home. On a wall behind him, a tautly designed poster shows a graph of world oil production, ramping up to a peak at around 2007 and then sliding back down.

"It's going to be a bumpy ride down this slope," Lankford said. "We have built our suburban lifestyle around cheap oil, and at some point our lifestyle doesn't work anymore." He expects that, when the effects of dwindling oil production really hit home, people will drive much less and have much less driven to them, instead relying on nearby people and businesses to produce much of what they consume. For that reason, Lankford says, small family farms and energy production facilities, like the biodiesel plant just built in Worcester County, will be needed.

Dipping a toe into the school of thought about peak oil feels a lot like learning about the Y2K predictions of the late 1990s, or, ironically, reading the scientifically dubious literature about creationism. Those who believe in it tend to cite the same small but prolific stable of experts and use the same vocabulary, talking about ultimate recovery, crash programs and Hubbert & Gauss models.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Just another thought of who might be the president after 2008:

"This is an impressive crowd — the haves and the have-mores. Some people call you the elite. I call you my base." —Presidential candidate George W. Bush, at the annual Al Smith Memorial Foundation Dinner, Oct. 19, 2000

These are the people who decide IMHO who the president will be.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Just another thought of who might be the president after 2008:

"This is an impressive crowd — the haves and the have-mores. Some people call you the elite. I call you my base." —Presidential candidate George W. Bush, at the annual Al Smith Memorial Foundation Dinner, Oct. 19, 2000

These are the people who decide IMHO who the president will be.

no sh1t....

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
How close do you think we are to the end of the world we thought we were living in?.....

John Titor: "Wavering western support for Israel is what gives Israel's neighbors the confidence to attack."... "The year 2008 was a general date by which time everyone will realize the world they thought they were living in was over."...

www.stljewishlight.com...
American Jewish groups support strikes

PHILADELPHIA — The American Jewish community is mobilizing on several fronts to assert Israel's right to defend itself in the face of increasingly bold Arab attacks.

As Hezbollah rockets rained down on northern Israel and the Israel Defense Forces launched fresh attacks in Lebanon, American Jewish organizations were stressing the complicity of both Iran and Syria in the escalation.

The Anti-Defamation League has taken out four ads to run this weekend in the International Herald Tribune, targeted at European leaders attending the G8 conference.

Europe is "the soft underbelly of support for Israel to do what it needs to do," said the ADL's national director, Abraham Foxman. "The U.S. is there — Europe is not. Europe is wavering. Europe is talking out of all sides of its mouth. They say the soldiers should be released, but Israel is overreacting."

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

Originally posted by chibidai_rrr
basically he never said USA was going to be the battleground for the civil war. the acronym*edit*(-acronym) USA could be the American Government which is now militarily in Iraq occupying it whilst the country is, debately, in the middle of a civil war.

No Titor stated several times the war would be on AMERICAN soil. I'm not sure where you got that from.

Define American SOIL?

P.S.- every election is a civil war

No, every election is an election

How can you adjust the phrase war back to it's original definition when I obviously sourced the word as difference in my wording?

if u wanna use the term war for describing the difference of mind.

Why would you do that?
There's not one person in the world that has the same exact feelings, thoughts, etc. as your or me. So according to you I'm at war with every person on earth

No one uses war in that sense.

Exactly- once again... that would be my definition of a CIVIL ware.

P.P.S.- civil could also mean world.

No it can't.
If it meant 'world' then you would use the word 'world'
The 'civil' is put there for a reason.

Civil is what you make of it. You have made that apparant. You are guilty of suppression to the borders you see on a globe and the colors of skin.

And Vit, I still want to know what you're going to do when none of that stuff happens. Are you going to make another list?

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If I remember correctly JT said somewhere "It's not what you think..." I think this is a pretty powerful statement pretaining to the Civil War that started in 2004. Since we are heavily influenced by movies depiction of post apocalyptic worlds we tend to see things happening in those terms and not according to reality. I must admit that JT's depiction of future events seem rather "colorful" for a supposed time traveller but all in all it's still his prespective. What's strange about this is...the stuff he said is coming true. The no olympics after 2004 was a 50/50 touch and go it depends on the interpretation. Did he make a mistake?, can you really say that the winter Olympics were official? However there is a concrete date set for 2008 (phew) where he says no official olympics and something about bike tires.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Just some more food for thought. Here are 3 stories on law enforcement agencies taking offense to citizens documenting their behavior. I'm sure there are more, but I think 3 will do for now. Seems at odds with gov't wiretapping programs, don't they? What's the argument? "If they're not doing anything wrong, they shouldn't be worried about being watched or listened to?"

Man arrested for video taping police detetive's behavior

Michael Gannon was arrested June 27 after he made the videotape to record conversations among detectives who were at his door looking for his 15-year-old son, who was being investigated in connection with a mugging downtown. When Gannon brought the videotape to a police station to complain that a detective was rude to him, he was arrested on felony wiretapping charges.

On Friday, after conferring with the prosecutor, Hefferan said he decided to drop the matter.

While police believe Gannon had violated state wiretap laws, Hefferan wrote in a statement announcing his decision, police and prosecutors concluded the case wasn’t strong enough to bother prosecuting.

Gannon’s cameras recorded both audio and video, and a sticker on the side of his Morgan Street home warned that persons on the premises were subject to being recorded. Police had charged that Gannon violated state wiretap laws by recording officers without their knowledge while they were standing on his front porch.

American cops taped torturing drug suspect - LISTEN!

Just listen to it...

The never-ending-saga of Ed Cummings, aka "Bernie S.," lands the computer hacker behind bars. Again.

While Varney isn't saying why he portrayed Cummings as dangerous, confiscated photos might shed some light on why the Secret Service is after Cummings. The pictures, taken by Philly hackers and circulated throughout that community, show Secret Service agents on an undercover assignment. One shot reveals an agent picking his nose. The photos have aired on FOX-29.

[edit on 6-8-2006 by modese7en]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Sorry daisaison_x, i didn't understood you're post...

Anyway, when JT said:

God helps Quebec.
That's worry me. Why? Because I live in Quebec. And I know that the next political party who will be elected is the one that want us out of the canada. And Bush Co. and Harper Co. doesn't want that because of the american union. They want our forests, our water, our electricity and us to be a part of their crappy union of dictators. A lot of people here believe that if we separe from Canada, we would be occupied or something like that to deny our right to separe and create our own country. And I know that me and a lot of people here will fight for the liberty of our country.

As older canada's administrations planned years ago when we did attempt of seperation, of occupation or war with us if we tried this.... i fear the worst. And with the laws that the canada's government pass with the USA that says that the US army can enter Canada territory for any reason and that Harper want to double our army, that they trained a lot of urban warfare and occupation of cities, it's preoccupant....

Anyway, I'll let you know if the seperation party get elected and if it goes the way i think it will unfold.

[edit on 6-8-2006 by Vitchilo]

JbT

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Sorry daisaison_x, i didn't understood you're post...

Anyway, when JT said:

God helps Quebec.
That's worry me. Why? Because I live in Quebec. And I know that the next political party who will be elected is the one that want us out of the canada. And Bush Co. and Harper Co. doesn't want that because of the american union. They want our forests, our water, our electricity and us to be a part of their crappy union of dictators. A lot of people here believe that if we separe from Canada, we would be occupied or something like that to deny our right to separe and create our own country. And I know that me and a lot of people here will fight for the liberty of our country.

As older canada's administrations planned years ago when we did attempt of seperation, of occupation or war with us if we tried this.... i fear the worst. And with the laws that the canada's government pass with the USA that says that the US army can enter Canada territory for any reason and that Harper want to double our army, that they trained a lot of urban warfare and occupation of cities, it's preoccupant....

Anyway, I'll let you know if the seperation party get elected and if it goes the way i think it will unfold.

I’m sorry, this may sound harsh.

I’m Canadian (BC, trust me I know about recourse being used up) and if Quebec does actually separate, I will be fighting with the Americans if needed to take back that land.

Like I said, it may sound harsh. But I’m not so sure the Quebec Government or the people of the province relies how geography works. Other people need the resources of that land other than just yourselves. Millions in fact.

I honestly believe Titor relised, either in his hoax, or in the future how strategic and important Quebec is to the safety and trade of North Eastern America. That’s why he made those comments.

Just Think of Quebec's landmass, look at a map and look at the river passages, ect, ect.

It cannot be given up; it will not be given up. I see it like a future Israel, where as that land may be fought for. So I guess all I can say is yes, I agree that if Quebec were to seperate than they would face an invasion of Canadian and Americans or something of the like to take the land back.

[edit on 6-8-2006 by JbT]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   
modese7en.....great post!
American cops taped torturing drug suspect - LISTEN!

When Tennessee law enforcement officials showed up at the home of Lester Siler, who they suspected of drug use, they asked Lester's wife and son to leave. They didn't know that Lester's wife had turned on a tape recorder in the kitchen. When Lester exercised his constitutional right not to sign a consent to search his house, these officers spent the next two hours torturing him. They beat him with bats and guns, held loaded guns to his head, threatened to shoot him, dunked his head in the toilet, burned him with lighters, attached his testicles to a battery charger, threatened to cut off his fingers, and threatened to "go get" his wife and take his child away from him. Then they arrested him for "evading arrest". It wasn't until the wife's recording made it to the FBI that all hell broke loose. And go figure, even though these officers have been convicted in federal court, not one national media outlet gave this story the coverage it deserved. But that's okay. At the time, reporters were busy decrying the immorality of Janet Jackson's Superbowl nipple! These are the same "journalists" who refused to cover the United States Government's secretive medical marijuana program.

John Titor: "Do you really think the news industry doesn't have an agenda?"

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Anyway, when JT said:

God helps Quebec.

John Titor: "There's not a great deal I know about Canada except to say they were pretty much in the same type of conflict. They did have the Dew Line you know."

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   
That's why he said this. God helps Quebec. Because canada will not let us separate. But the way to separate and to not be agress it's to ally with Russia/China, be armed by them and place nukes on our soil. So don't invade us because we'll nuke you back.

Just kidding. We're for peace. But we want our country. Sorry. We have to reach a consensus. If we become a country, our ressources will be yours anyway. But you'll have less of them, for a higher price.

Sorry but if you really go to war against us, you'll have a hell lot of deaths. Tens of thousands. It will be Iraq 2, the revenge.

We don't want war, we want peace. We want our country. That's it. We can sell you our water. But not all of it. We can sell you electricity, but what we can sell, not more. We can sell you our forest, but less than today because we gonna stop all this farking natural disaster of cuting all our forest.

I say it again, we want peace. We'll partage water with all of you. But we'll sell it to those who waste it, like a lot of americans states.

Anyway, we know that USA will invade us for our water anyday soon. We'll fight back that's for sure. And if all canadians want us to give them water, they'll helps us in this fight against USA government and greedyness.

Also, if we seperate, it will be around the end of 2007 or early 2008. And as JT said, 2008 will be a date by everyone will figure out that the world they lived once was over. And I don't think that in the today's people view of the world, they can see a invasion of a canada's part....

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
this thread is like a drug, I know its a waste of time, but I'm a junky.

does anyone believe titor is 100% telling the truth, that the future military sent a grunt on a errand in time to essentially repair their OS ?

or are you just a debate junky or argumentative ?

cards on the table please

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priestor are you just a debate junky or argumentative ?

Ok Im guilty

But yeah I think We would send a grunt. Especially If he(the grunt) was related to someone on the project.

Just some more Wood for the fire.

Many people are aware that George Bush has broken numerous laws during his presidency. BuzzFlash has certainly pointed out several instances. But today, House Judiciary Committee Ranking Member John Conyers (D-MI) released "Constitution in Crisis," a report identifying 26 specific laws and regulations implicated by the Bush Administration.

How many Americans are willing to fight and die for the Consitution of the United States of America?

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
How many Americans are willing to fight and die for the Consitution of the United States of America?

Very good question LDragonFire!

I wonder who's going to "wake up" the American people.......who's going to light that fire that is smouldering....brewing.....since 2004.....hhmmmm.........Al Gore....perhaps?....... I think soon we will see what I meant with "military man".....

video.google.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
this thread is like a drug, I know its a waste of time, but I'm a junky.

does anyone believe titor is 100% telling the truth, that the future military sent a grunt on a errand in time to essentially repair their OS ?

or are you just a debate junky or argumentative ?

cards on the table please

Not for nothing, I think I've given my beliefs on Titor himself, but, a Major is hardly a grunt.

Just wanted to put that out there.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I just wanted to point out that if Syria and Iran attack Israël, Israël would have to face destruction or use of nukes. Face destruction because the IDF is nowhere near as tough as they used to be. Surely, they would use nukes. And that would be a real mess. Using nukes would stop peace process for several DECADES, there would be MASSIVE attacks against jews all around the world. The arabs armies would all attack Israël. It would be a REAL mess.

JT said it, the israëli support will flatten.

Hope it doesn't happen.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
John Titor: "Anyone who still has a bike in 2008 will find out."........

www.cattlenetwork.com...
BP Shuts Prudhoe Bay, Big Oil Supply Blow
MAJOR SUPPLY BLOW: The restart of crude oil production at the BP PLC-operated (BP) Prudhoe Bay field in Alaska's North Slope could take months as the Anglo-American energy major works to diagnose and repair problems in a pipeline system. BP said late Sunday it had begun the shutdown of Prudhoe Bay, the largest producing oil field in the U.S., accounting for 8% of domestic output, after discovering severe corrosion along a transit line. The shutdown represents another financial blow to BP at a time when it's working to fix its safety and environmental image in North America.

THE FALLOUT: Benchmark crude oil futures on the New York Mercantile Exchange skyrocketed on the shutdown, hitting an intraday high of $77.30 a barrel, up $2.50 as the market digests the gravity of such a serious blow to U.S. oil supply. Gasoline and heating oil futures are also rallying, reflecting the ripple effect down the crude supply chain. "The Prudhoe Bay closure is clearly significant, it's completely what prices are rallying on," said Andy Lebow, an analyst and broker at Man Financial in New York. The shutdown comes at a time when nearly two million barrels a day of global oil production remains off line, according to noted oil analyst and CERA chairman Daniel Yergin. He tells CNBC the "good news" scenario would be if BP could restore production in "a matter of weeks or a couple of months."........

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
There's a proposal in congress that would give the control of national guard to the president in emergencies without consent of governors....

Link

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

There's a proposal in congress that would give the control of national guard to the president in emergencies without consent of governors....

Link

Meanwhile, back in Annapolis...

Cheney: Those pesky Governors, you know what happened last time a bunch of them got together in Charleston, right? George?

Bush: Was that that episode of Benson where Mr. Belvedere made a guest appearance?

Cheney: *sigh* No I'm talking about the civ...

Bush: Sorry Dick, I gotta go, Blair's here. We're going to watch "the office" tonight.

Dial tone.

Sorry, had to make a little joke. That's really, really not good. There's a reason why the guard is under the command of the governor of its state, not the president.

new topics

top topics

<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join