It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Civil War of 2005 as predicted by John Titor

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by peterpaul

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm....

in the laser picture, why aren't the incredible g-forces effecting the car or passenger ? Its strong enough the bend light, but not metal or glass ?

I thought you were someone who studied physics? How do you look at nature and study actio and reactio?
Your queston is as silly as you are. There are no incredible g-forces involved! Have you ever considered using "anti-matter" as an explaination? The apperatus JT shows creates a physical atmosphere of a different "density". In this atmosphere time has a different "meaning" and "quality" and therefore "speed". The lightbeam is actually "falling" into a "hole".
In a sense the lightbeam is "flowing" like water into a funnel of a completly different nature then our plain old fashioned physical world.

Now why don't you go over to Project Serpo and visit Zeta Reculi? Maybe you can find someone there who can explain to you much better how a crew of 12 managed to travel a distance of approx. 39 lightyears in about 270 days. Why don't you go over and debunk those people first instead of picking on the posters here who have never even met JT?
That should be a lot more fun shouldn't it?
Peter Paul

what could possibly be more fun than this thread ?

JT describes the picture"
This is a picture taken in the fall of 2035 during my training. It shows my instructor beaming a handheld laser outside the vehicle during operation. The beam is being bent by the gravitational field produced outside the vehicle by the distortion unit. The beam is visible through smoke that is coming from his cigar."

silly me, I figured gravity was involved somehow.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   

This is a picture taken in the fall of 2035 during my training. It shows my instructor beaming a handheld laser outside the vehicle during operation. The beam is being bent by the gravitational field produced outside the vehicle by the distortion unit. The beam is visible through smoke that is coming from his cigar."

Just because JT wrote it's a gravitational field doesn't necessaraly mean it is so. Maybe he doesn't understand the real physics involved and tried to describe something in his own words.
Have you ever considered that gravity could be an illusion? What about people who can levitate for example?
Maybe gravity is an electro-magnetic force that attracts us to the earth and then by reversing the "twist" turn it into "anti-gravity". Then gravity would be nothing more than a kind of physical doctrine you have to believe in. And as long as you only believe in that doctrine you can't discover how to fly.

Or would you rather like me to show you some US Patents, that describe this phenomena?

Peter Paul

[edit on 23-1-2006 by peterpaul]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   

if JT's timeline is different than ours, how could he get back there with the IBM 5100 ? why do errands if you can't get back to your original timeline ?

in the laser picture, why aren't the incredible g-forces effecting the car or passenger ? Its strong enough the bend light, but not metal or glass ?

1) Because he actually said he could never return to his original timeline, only something so close to it as to appear indistinguishable.

2) Because the vehicle is stuck in the inversion bubble which allows the timetravel, the light is being directed outside that bubble and is being slowed as it leaves the vehicle which is the center of the inversion bubble. The Vehicle is in place exactly as it should be to avoid damage from the field. If you were standing outside the vehicle near it, you'd be torn into your subatomic particles I'd wager.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Irregardless of Titor the chance of a civil war predicted or not is high anymore. Use some common sense and also history and you will see things line up. Maybe its fate that we will be thrown into a civil war, maybe not, we dont know, Titor doesnt have a crystal ball or else he would have made millions on the stock exchange because of his knowledge just to support himself while he "spreads the word" to people. 2 more years till 08 then we will know if he is a hoax (probably) or not. Just dont donate any money to this guy untill something happens or not....

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vekar
Irregardless of Titor the chance of a civil war predicted or not is high anymore. Use some common sense and also history and you will see things line up. Maybe its fate that we will be thrown into a civil war, maybe not, we dont know, Titor doesnt have a crystal ball or else he would have made millions on the stock exchange because of his knowledge just to support himself while he "spreads the word" to people. 2 more years till 08 then we will know if he is a hoax (probably) or not. Just dont donate any money to this guy untill something happens or not....

Irregardless !!! my favorite made-up word !
If I had any common sense, I wouldn't even be on these boards !

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Just because JT wrote it's a gravitational field doesn't necessaraly mean it is so. Maybe he doesn't understand the real physics involved and tried to describe something in his own words.
Have you ever considered that gravity could be an illusion? What about people who can levitate for example?
Maybe gravity is an electro-magnetic force that attracts us to the earth and then by reversing the "twist" turn it into "anti-gravity". Then gravity would be nothing more than a kind of physical doctrine you have to believe in. And as long as you only believe in that doctrine you can't discover how to fly.

Or would you rather like me to show you some US Patents, that describe this phenomena?

Peter Paul

[edit on 23-1-2006 by peterpaul]

would you mind if I used part of your post as my sig ? Its my favorite post so far.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCrystalSword

if JT's timeline is different than ours, how could he get back there with the IBM 5100 ? why do errands if you can't get back to your original timeline ?

1) Because he actually said he could never return to his original timeline, only something so close to it as to appear indistinguishable.

2) Because the vehicle is stuck in the inversion bubble which allows the timetravel, the light is being directed outside that bubble and is being slowed as it leaves the vehicle which is the center of the inversion bubble. The Vehicle is in place exactly as it should be to avoid damage from the field. If you were standing outside the vehicle near it, you'd be torn into your subatomic particles I'd wager.

did you type that with a straight face ?!?

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Syrinx: Stop being a complete ass or stop posting altogether. You want to talk, talk, but I believe you just want to ridicule others.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Syrinx: Stop being a complete ass or stop posting altogether. You want to talk, talk, but I believe you just want to ridicule others.

I don't know....it may have sounded harsh but he asked a legitimate question.
I laughed out loud after reading your post because I thought you were joking. Were you really serious?

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
have you read what peter paul posts about me ?

jeesh, have a sense of humor. If you take a step back and read your post, it is a little amusing.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

would you mind if I used part of your post as my sig ? Its my favorite post so far.

If you think there is anything worthwilhile to use then go a.. It's just a reflection anyway. Since I'm only a tiny bubble (a singularity) in the universe then let it shine.
Let's just hope it doesn't weigh more then the electric-magnetic forces of the internet can carry..... I wouldn't want the gravitational force of my words crack the system. That would be the end of the internet..... ;-)
Peter Paul

[edit on 24-1-2006 by peterpaul]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   

jeesh, have a sense of humor. If you take a step back and read your post, it is a little amusing.

I am disinclined to do so. In several threads similar to this one, you choose not to discuss, you instead choose to jokingly ridicule people.

You are being an ass and it isn't appreciated. You want to debunk, try and debunk, don't be a jerk and try and derail conversations by making fun of the person who you're responding to, it's disrespectful and irritating, and it isn't what I signed onto ATS for.

Honestly, I think that's all you anti-TITOR people are capable of, since that's mostly all I have seen.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I am disinclined to do so. In several threads similar to this one, you choose not to discuss, you instead choose to jokingly ridicule people.

You are being an ass and it isn't appreciated. You want to debunk, try and debunk, don't be a jerk and try and derail conversations by making fun of the person who you're responding to, it's disrespectful and irritating, and it isn't what I signed onto ATS for.

Honestly, I think that's all you anti-TITOR people are capable of, since that's mostly all I have seen.

whoa ! easy on the insults there sword. You and PP are the ones insulting me, I just try to interject a balance of reality and logic into the fantasy world y'all are so bent on keeping alive. If you don't like my posts, kindly put me on your ignore, as you and PP are now on mine

[edit on 24-1-2006 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I agree with you CS. I can assure you that it does take me a lot of energy to still try to stay calm. Sometimes it would be a lot more helpful to handle the subject with more respect.
I've heard a lot of talk that JT has been "proven" to be a hoax, even from Amigo. But even after my requests for that I haven't seen or heard of any facts yet. And as long as there are no hard facts there is no proof. So in my opionen we can still talk over all the possibilties left.
Peter Paul

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   

whoa ! easy on the insults there sword. You and PP are the ones insulting me, I just try to interject a balance of reality and logic into the fantasy world y'all are so bent on keeping alive. If you don't like my posts, kindly put me on your ignore, as you and PP are now on mine

[edit on 24-1-2006 by syrinx high priest]

Slow down syrinx. CS is upset and there is no need for you to overreact with an excess of neutrons. He's here looking for an answer like everyone else. You have to agree that sometimes the comments placed here are not very satisfying.
Hmmmm. Come to think of it, isn't this the way Civil Wars start??????
Peter Paul

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I've heard a lot of talk that JT has been "proven" to be a hoax, even from Amigo. But even after my requests for that I haven't seen or heard of any facts yet. And as long as there are no hard facts there is no proof. So in my opionen we can still talk over all the possibilties left.
Peter Paul

You're joking right?

It's up to YOU to prove Titor isn't a hoax!

Titor said there would be a civil war that started in 2004. Prove it started.
Titor said there would be a Waco event each month. Prove there was a Waco event each month.
Titor said there would be riots and unrest during the 2004 election. Prove that happened.
Titor said the west would collapse in 2005. Prove the west collapsed.
Titor said he was a time traveller. Prove it.
Titor said the middle eastern states would used WMDs on each other. Prove they have WMDs.
Titor said
Titor's story has similarities to other works of fiction. Prove he didn't purposely rip some things from those stories.
Titor said time travel is discovered in 2034. Prove that after a 10 year civil war, a nuke war, half the population wiped out, and most technology wiped out that the technology and money will be there to create time machines in less than 20 years.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Amazing this thread is still alive, very much alive. Well here is some more INFO that is very interesting:

A provision in the "PATRIOT Act" creates a new federal police force with the power to violate the Bill of Rights. You might think that this cannot be true, as you have not read about it in newspapers or heard it discussed by talking .s on TV.

Go to House Report 109-333 USA PATRIOT Improvement and Reauthorization Act of 2005 and check it out for yourself. Sec. 605 reads:

"There is hereby created and established a permanent police force, to be known as the 'United States Secret Service Uniformed Division.'"

And just what did Titor say about a New federal police force?

The new police are empowered to "make arrests without warrant for any offense against the United States committed in their presence, or for any felony cognizable under the laws of the United States if they have reasonable grounds to believe that the person to be arrested has committed or is committing such felony."

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Easy on the insults? You *ARE* being an ass. You *ARE* being a jerk. Insults is when you attack someone with unfounded claims.

As for ignore, I don't like the ignore function. It is a copout, I would rather argue than just turn someone off, because that's more like real life. It's hard to ignore real people, and we don't have a convenient *IGNORE* button to turn them off.

As for why I am upset, it is because regardless of what community I am in, I tend to care about the quality of discussion in that community. You have your harmless people, who are way out on the fringe somewhere with their ideas, and you have the people who scream up and down that they are champions of reason and all the while they are ignoring reason.

The problem with these threads about Titor is that it's apparent to me that most of the debunkers are drawing their OWN conclusions as to what Titor meant. They are claiming he said specific things, without actually QUOTING the things he said... they are paraphrasing and summarizing without QUOTING what he said... they are nonchalantly dismissing things as fanciful because they serve as easy outs in the views of the debunkers. Multiworld theorem to explain differences in timelines are considered by the debunkers as Junk Science and not even worth debunking, even though STRING THEORY supports the idea of MWT and it is certainly a school of considerable numbers in the physics community.

This thread, SPECIFICALLY, isn't about whether Titor was RIGHT or WRONG in his so called "Predictions" (Which he never made, as much as he merely told people what had happened to HIM in HIS past, and argued that believing him would likely be worse than not believing him).

This Thread is about whether people should be worried about a scenario like Titor described HAPPENING. However, you people come in here and derail the thread thinking it's the same exact argument as all the other Titor threads in existence, why? Because you have some sort of weird fascination with trying to convince people that no such thing could ever happen and it isn't going to happen.

And if this ISN'T your stance, then how about you stop derailing conversations with the same rhetoric and flailing that you use in all the other threads concerning Titor. WE ALL KNOW YOU DON'T BELIEVE.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
A provision in the "PATRIOT Act" creates a new federal police force with the power to violate the Bill of Rights.
Go to House Report 109-333 USA PATRIOT Improvement and Reauthorization Act of 2005 and check it out for yourself. Sec. 605 reads:
"There is hereby created and established a permanent police force, to be known as the 'United States Secret Service Uniformed Division.'"

Titor made me do it!

Between 2006-2010:
'The division between the cities and the country well defined' and
The 'Federal Police' to be avoided:

The United States Secret Service Uniformed Division

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Amazing this thread is still alive, very much alive. Well here is some more INFO that is very interesting:

Why can't people find legit sources for their info.
You know very well rense distorts the truth, so why would you even link that as evidence?

A provision in the "PATRIOT Act" creates a new federal police force with the power to violate the Bill of Rights. You might think that this cannot be true, as you have not read about it in newspapers or heard it discussed by talking .s on TV.

Typical from someone who hasn't read it or if they did doesn't understand a word of it. More later...

And just what did Titor say about a New federal police force?

1. It DOESN'T create a new federal police force. I thought we've been through this already. The uniformed division has been around since 1860!!!
www.secretservice.gov...

2. What it actually states:

(a) In General- Chapter 203 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by inserting after section 3056 the following:

`Sec. 3056A. Powers, authorities, and duties of United States Secret Service Uniformed Division

`(a) There is hereby created and established a permanent police force, to be known as the `United States Secret Service Uniformed Division'. Subject to the supervision of the Secretary of Homeland Security, the United States Secret Service Uniformed Division shall perform such duties as the Director, United States Secret Service, may prescribe in connection with the protection of the following:

In other words, this is in the US code (it's amended here to show that the division is now under a new government agency.....the department of Homeland Security)

3. What did Titor say about a new federal police force?

One of their duties, as you stated:

(B) make arrests without warrant for any offense against the United States committed in their presence, or for any felony cognizable under the laws of the United States if they have reasonable grounds to believe that the person to be arrested has committed or is committing such felony

They can only make an arrest if someone is commiting a crime in front of them!!
ALL police officers have that responsibility!
If you're driving drunk do you think they wait for a warrant to arrest you? No! They take your butt to jail.
This is stating that even though they aren't local police officers they still have the same powers as the local police.

the actual bill

[edit on 24-1-2006 by ThatsJustWeird]

new topics

top topics

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join