It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't Trump want to release his tax returns?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

If he has nothing to hide then he has lots to gain by releasing them, he can stop all the speculation and rumours around their contents and at the same time hit his political rivals with a big fat “told ya so”.

If however there is something to hide the yeah I agree he has nothing to gain from releasing them.....so that’s logically why he hasn’t released them.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

If he has nothing to hide then he has lots to gain by releasing them, he can stop all the speculation and rumours around their contents and at the same time hit his political rivals with a big fat “told ya so”.

If however there is something to hide the yeah I agree he has nothing to gain from releasing them.....so that’s logically why he hasn’t released them.

Nope. It doesn't matter if there is nothing to see, the media and rivals will spin it negatively.

If you recall, Mitt Romney stupidly released his tax returns when he ran against Obama and they were nitpicked to death focusing on his cap gains, carried interest, etc to make it seem like he is dodging taxes because the tax rates on that type of income is lower in the tax code.

We've been down this path before. It is a fishing expedition to try to find some sliver of something that can be used against Trump.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Well if that’s your view have at it.

To me him not realising them is highly suspicious, you feel differently I guess unless they’re ever released we will never know who is right.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Have you looked up Obama's Tax returns

now you will ask why does that matter

I will say "if You can look up Obama's Tax returns, and explain them to me

then I will believe you can understand President Trumps Tax returns"

If you cannot Explain Obama's tax returns, ( he has less money and assets than Trump )

there is no way in Hell you would understand President Trumps Taxes.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

It’s a tax scam, just a legal one.. and no he shouldn’t catch more hell than the normal rich dirt bag who doesn’t pay his share..

But make no mistake... that’s exactly what it is..

Someone who profits off the system without paying in.
edit on 8-10-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

Meh I don’t understand a lot of things, like most folks, so relay on a expert in such matters to educate me and explain it. Kind of like how you might not understand what’s on that MRI scan so get an expert or night not understand that legal procedure so get a lawyer to explain it and so on.

Pretty sure if he released them I could then do my own research and formulate an opinion from there based on what various experts more knowledgeable than myself have said

In any case that’s not an excuse to not release them

edit on 8-10-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

you think so?

look up Obama's Taxes

seriously, you should.

so even if President Trump released his Taxes and they said it was all good

would you believe it??

No you wouldn't and I can prove it.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Well if that’s your view have at it.

To me him not realising them is highly suspicious, you feel differently I guess unless they’re ever released we will never know who is right.

We know who is right. The IRS is the final arbiter of the tax code. If he has done something wrong, then the IRS will charge him for tax evasion or force him to pay back taxes. They have done neither.

Releasing tax returns to the public doesn't show anything other than how his income is earned and taxed over a given year. Tax returns don't show debt or wealth. There is more information on the other disclosures that politicians typically fill out.

The problem is that when really wealthy people run for office, it is much easier to use their tax returns against them versus politicians that don't make a ton of money or their income is relatively straight forward.

Don't you find it odd that Obama would release his tax returns but not his academic transcripts? Tax returns are far more invasive personally than academic records. Also, academic records are used for jobs. So what could be so damaging in his academic records?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

you think so?

look up Obama's Taxes

seriously, you should.

would you believe it??

I mean I don’t know how you can prove that and I think Obama’s taxes are a separate issue but okay.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Like I said I suspect it’s not anything illegal he is hiding but rather something politically embarrassing

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

you think so?

look up Obama's Taxes

seriously, you should.

would you believe it??

I mean I don’t know how you can prove that and I think Obama’s taxes are a separate issue but okay.

because as edumakted said

the IRS are the pro's the GOVERNMENT pro's

and you already don't believe them

there are no other experts better besides the Government IRS.

see how easy that was.
edit on 8-10-2019 by thedigirati because: missed better sorry

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

And again am not saying he is hiding anything illegal but just something that he might think is politically embarrassing.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

and??

doyou have sex in public?

of course not

is it because you are ashamed or feel sex is wrong?

of course not

you have no leg to stand on..

he has no NEED

because you have no RIGHT.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Yeah, keep telling yourself that bold-faced lie. 🤣🤡

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: pavil

It’s a tax scam, just a legal one.. and no he shouldn’t catch more hell than the normal rich dirt bag who doesn’t pay his share..

But make no mistake... that’s exactly what it is..

Someone who profits off the system without paying in.

You don't pay your fare share either

we should see your Taxes

I bet you take un-reported monies to post on ATS

Your Posting history is proof.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

As if you ever took them seriously to begin with. 🤣🤡

You should know by now that I take everything you say with a grain of salt. Your words ring hollow old man. 🤗
edit on 10/8/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

No worries, I'm not scared of internet tough guys. They'll get what they deserve in the end if they do seek me out in the real world.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I only pay...

I get no benefit from the government besides roads , cops, fire and schools..

I have no loop holes or tax shelters... I have no million dollar tax firm to hide my income and make the government pay me every year...

The difference between me and you is, that I care WAY more about the billionaire hitting the system for millions of dollars than I do the welfare queen scheming the system for 5 grand a year..

I don’t know who said it but it is dead on...

“Whenever the people who make all the rules and control all the wealth and power Point to those who do not make any rules and do not have any wealth or power and say ...”they are the real problem “...

It is probably BS..

And that is conservatism 101..

“Us politicians and CEOs who make all the rules and laws are not the problem.... oh no..

See that Mexican with only a back pack to his name??? He is the real problem...

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

and?? doyou have sex in public? of course not

Get real, asking for taxes (which every other president has done) is not like having sex in public.
Asking for our tax returns is not equal either, as we are not running for office.

My guess is that other presidents have released theirs because they want to be transparent.
Not because they were forced to or it was the law.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Open, transparent and non-corrupt government!

No, wait...

He wasn't in government at the time, phew!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join