It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't Trump want to release his tax returns?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I'd like to see everyone who is pressing so hard for Trump to release his tax returns press just as hard of an audit of the Federal Reserve Bank.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Media and the Left go nuts reading a simple transcript of a short phone call. Now blow that out to hundreds of pages of complex tax info. Think the hyenas won't parse and misconstrue every line item to launch yet another 'investigation' and set of hearings?

It's a no-win recipe for insanity.

If the country really wants to make tax info public as a requirement to be POTUS, the Constitution needs to be amended. People want to release tax records, I'm fine with that. People who don't, well we're free to draw our own conclusions.

He's not about to step into that quagmire.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Ah the old

"as long as you have nothing to hide, why not this or that"

Principles, that is the answer. I bet you have nothing to hide and you would never mind inviting random persons that hate you going through your financials.

Or would you?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

On paper he masked almost no income and pays no taxes..

With Real Estate that's pretty easy to do actually. The timing of selling properties or doing renovations or accelerating depreciation can do wonders for a tax return. I've freed up 250,000 for clients just by using cost segregation on a building they bought. And that's a small time case. You can do that. Research and development credits help a lot to with appropriate businesses.

It's not a "tax scam" when you use existing tax law to your advantage.

Again, it's Congress that set up those laws. Blame the right people.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Tax law is very difficult, because the law continually changes. To be a good tax attorney requires being up to date on all of those changes, and it takes constant scholarship. You don't pass the bar and then glide through your career.

If you make over $150K you should have a tax attorney, or at least a very good accountant. These professional are well work the fees they charge over a lifetime.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: shooterbrody

So every president before Trump was trashing the Bill of Rights when they released their tax returns? 🤣

Your spin is impressive. No one ever said he's required by law to release them, people are just saying it's a matter of transparency. If you choose to believe a billionaire politician's financials are squeaky clean then that's your prerogative but others are more than justified in being curious about what his financials say about his motivations.

You can blindly believe he's innocent all you want, that just shows you care nothing about transparency. If Obama refused to release his tax returns you'd be suspicious as hell, but "orange man good" overrides all logic in clown world. 🤣

sigh, this isn't a hard one, but if you make it that way, I guess you will have a tough time understanding it.

Required vs. not required. Releasing your tax records when you become president is "not required". All previous presidents have done it, Trump did not. If it's against the law, show me the law. if it's not, then perhaps you just don't understand things at all.

You are free to smash your face in with a hammer. You have that right. Nobody is stopping you. yet, you don't do it. Why? (when you understand your answer to that, you might start to grasp why Trump isn't giving you his taxes until he wants to)

BTW, please post your 1040 from last year. I'd like to see what deductions you used.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

They can voluntarily do whatever they wish.
The bill of right protects them from being forced.

Im still waiting for obamas college records...
Especially his admission forms...

Doubt we will ever see those..

The time for vetting Obama's college records has passed... but since you favor transparency you will no doubt favor the disclosure of Trump's tax returns.... am I right? (that's a rhetorical question in case you're wondering)

edit on 8-10-2019 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

So every president before Trump was trashing the Bill of Rights when they released their tax returns? 🤣

Your spin is impressive. No one ever said he's required by law to release them, people are just saying it's a matter of transparency. If you choose to believe a billionaire politician's financials are squeaky clean then that's your prerogative but others are more than justified in being curious about what his financials say about his motivations.

You can blindly believe he's innocent all you want, that just shows you care nothing about transparency. If Obama refused to release his tax returns you'd be suspicious as hell, but "orange man good" overrides all logic in clown world. 🤣

sigh, this isn't a hard one, but if you make it that way, I guess you will have a tough time understanding it.

Required vs. not required. Releasing your tax records when you become president is "not required". All previous presidents have done it, Trump did not. If it's against the law, show me the law. if it's not, then perhaps you just don't understand things at all.

You are free to smash your face in with a hammer. You have that right. Nobody is stopping you. yet, you don't do it. Why? (when you understand your answer to that, you might start to grasp why Trump isn't giving you his taxes until he wants to)

BTW, please post your 1040 from last year. I'd like to see what deductions you used.

I'm sure 3NL1GHT3N3D1 will release his tax returns when he runs for POTUS...

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: HanyManny

Tax law is very difficult, because the law continually changes. To be a good tax attorney requires being up to date on all of those changes, and it takes constant scholarship. You don't pass the bar and then glide through your career.

If you make over $150K you should have a tax attorney, or at least a very good accountant. These professional are well work the fees they charge over a lifetime.

Why wont your side bring a vote to impeach?

That is your biggest problem right now.

You can keep spouting off about how you know this will happen to Trump and that will happen to Trump but.........

Drunk Nancy refuses to vote on anything so at this point it is her word against 2 of Bidens family members, a pelosi, a kerry, and probably a Romney in the Ukraine corruption investigation.

So when will Drunk Nancy Pelosi bring this to a vote and make any of this legal??????????

Never.......

Lolz🤪

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

I'm sure he will as well. Even though it's not required.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

You love semantics old man. That's pretty much all you focus on anytime you address me, it just shows how petty you truly are. 🐑😂

Not only do I have members trying to dox me but I have members who focus exclusively on nitpicking and semantics. I should be proud to bring people's true colors out around here. 🤭

Nobody is doxxing you.

You are so full of yourself.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

that Joker doesn't even know who Joseph Misfud is.

they are not as smart as they allege.

it's quite funny

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
People don't hide things unless its to, well hide something.
Probably exposes the Stormy Daniels affair as impeachable routing of funds, tax fraud which New York is doing him for and lots of money drops from Russia and the house of Saud.
Remember, trump cant run a charity because he was scamming dying kids with cancer, it won't be good whatever he's hiding.
I understand trump's deranged supporters will rejoice even if they are as bad as expected however.
the trolls have inherited the Earth

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
This is not a question of should he, but more of what will it reveal?

I wonder a lot of things.

Maybe he is terrible at business and his returns show that.
Is he much less wealthy than he has made out.

Maybe he has done some shifty things.
Has he done something wrong or used loopholes.
Did he pay 0 taxes or something like that?

Are there things on his tax returns that would shock Americans? Things that he is connected with?
Would some of his charitable givings turn heads?

Trump has nothing to gain by releasing his tax returns.

Because the tax code is so complex, it will be very easy for the media and political enemies to spin whatever his tax returns say as a negative even if he followed every law perfectly.

If he doesn't make as much as he boast, that will be a negative. If he makes more, they will spin that as a negative. They will analyze every charity donation. They will claim his tax rate isn't high enough.

There is absolutely NO POSITIVE outcome of Trump releasing his tax returns.

We already have a case history with Mitt Romney releasing his tax returns and how they were used against him. Mitt gave $10 million to the Mormon church in one year and they still used that against him since they don't like the church. They then tried to use the fact he paid mostly Capital Gains taxes instead of wage earner taxes. Keep in mind, Mitt is worth about $250 million... compared to several billion for Trump. Not too mention, most of Trumps fortune is in real estate which comes with it's own complex set of accounting and tax rules.

Trumps tax returns is just a fishing expedition to try to find something negative they can use against him. Nothing more.

edit on 8-10-2019 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Why are leftists so obsessed with it is the better question?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: contextual

You can actually pay people to shut up about things. You do know that, right? The amt paid was petty cash to Trump. He's not the only President to have done such.

You may not like it, but good luck trying to convict him of it.

It's not like he got Campaign Donations from China or another Country.

But you have your fun.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Lol. Keep up old man, I've already sauds multiple times they should ALL make their financials public because they are easily a conflict of interest. Doesn't matter if it's Trump or Pelosi or anyone between. 🤡

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Lol. Keep up old man, I've already sauds multiple times they should ALL make their financials public because they are easily a conflict of interest. Doesn't matter if it's Trump or Pelosi or anyone between. 🤡

and thanks to the good ole bill of rights they do not
you got sauds on the brain it seems
or does that really mean something else?
does it mean you think they should not release anything?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Because he's a lying artist and a fraudster.

And of course, a false messiah!

Anonymous Message To US Citizens About Trump’s Impeachment
edit on 8-10-2019 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

That pretty much sums it up, the IRS would have nailed him long ago if there were anything to get him on.
Maybe the Pelosi should release hers, because if there was something bad in hers I don't think that the IRS would try to nail her.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join