It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't Trump want to release his tax returns?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: shooterbrody

Obviously I meant every president who released them not literally every president before Trump. Tax returns weren't a thing until a certain point Mr. nitpicker. But no, I didn't know Nixon was the first, good to know. Thanks for that.

No one ever said that not releasing them was trashing the Bill of Rights either, it's just trashing the idea of transparency and being open about your financial dealings Mr. nitpicker. 😂

Do you believe his financials are squeaky clean? You've yet to be clear on that so I can only assume you do since you seem to be against him releasing them or at the very least you don't care if he doesn't.

So I am just going to leave your quote here

So every president before Trump was trashing the Bill of Rights when they released their tax returns?

so then

Obviously I meant every president who released them not literally every president before Trump.

are we to not take your posts literally?
ok, I have no issue with that.

Tax returns weren't a thing until a certain point Mr. nitpicker.

so then asking for posts to be factually correct is nitpicking?
lol
mkay

But no, I didn't know Nixon was the first, good to know. Thanks for that.

you are welcome

as to the rest of your spin.....has the irs indicated any issues with his taxes? they are actually the subject matter experts.
I will take their word over any spin every time.

Do you believe his financials are squeaky clean?

ah
different subject entirely
and no I do not
but don't try and pretend his "financials" are his taxes
tlb

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Your spin is impressive.

I haven't posted spin. That is your domain.
exibit a

The koolaid I'm talking about is that of the orange variety. Admit it, you don't care anything about transparency, all you care about is "sticking it to the libs" and licking those Trump brand boots.

tlb

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Of course! Absolutely! I'm not sure why you even would need to ask that question, it should be obvious my opinion on that issue.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

a reply to: JAGStorm

I have a screaming suspicion he might be hiding something otherwise why would he be so adamant about not wanting to release them? If it's because bes hiding that he's not as wealthy as he lets off then who cares? It has nothing to do with shady deals and "donations", right?

Nancy , that's you isn't it ?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Dealing with 10's or 100's of millions of dollars, there are likely going to be some discrepancies on tax reporting. Human errors, some on purpose so that is probably why they want them. They know they can find something wrong.

For most that might be an error of less than 3-5K but with a billionaire, that's millions. Obama got fine for campaign money violations, Hillary had foundation tax issues. Nobody said anything about those but if Trump did that we all know what would happen.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

You love semantics old man. That's pretty much all you focus on anytime you address me, it just shows how petty you truly are. 🐑😂

Not only do I have members trying to dox me but I have members who focus exclusively on nitpicking and semantics. I should be proud to bring people's true colors out around here. 🤭

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

a reply to: jhn7537

Of course! Absolutely! I'm not sure why you even would need to ask that question, it should be obvious my opinion on that issue.

I think we would see loads of changes within our Govt. if we made a few changes....

1. Term limits at all levels of Congress
2. Total financial transparency to be a member of Congress
edit on 8-10-2019 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Nancy can kick rocks. I wouldn't shed a tear if she ended up biting the dust tomorrow. She has the same donors as any other lying politician. 🤣

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Why don't Pelosi, Chuck the Chick, Sanders, and the rest release theirs?

Why don't theyall practice the kind of transparency that they demand of the President?

I think they should, all of them.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Scepticaldem

Ah ok, since I don't trust politicians that means I'm depressed? Makes total sense. 🤡🤪

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
lol
not nearly "semantics"
now all the presidents isnt all the presidents because semantics
lol
you are a hoot

or is the "semantics" in your post mean something else, like "not semantics"? like not all the presidents?
lol

either way trump is under no requirement to produce his tax returns
3 years later it is still eating you up
seems he has wizard powers over you

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Americans would be shocked by how little income (MAGI) the President has. The tax system was designed for the rich/powerful by the rich/powerful. I have several clients who look poor on their IRS 1040, but they are wealthy. Good attorneys and accountants are paid very well to navigate this board game for their clients.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

More semantics and nitpicking. Par for the course with you old man. Da Nile isn't just a river in Egypt. 🤡

Please, keep nitpicking my posts. It says more about you than me. 🐑
edit on 10/8/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
literally?
your posts are confusing....

have the dnc candidates released their tax returns yet?
or is this just a one way street?
I hope to see the tax return from when warren was a para and was "fired".

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Americans would be shocked by how little income (MAGI) the President has. The tax system was designed for the rich/powerful by the rich/powerful. I have several clients who look poor on their IRS 1040, but they are wealthy. Good attorneys and accountants are paid very well to navigate this board game for their clients.

My aunt was a tax accountant for the wealthy in Chicago.
Let's just say she was very well compensated and got a lot of gifts from her clients.
I have no problem with people using loopholes, or using every tax advantage.

What I have a problem with and I think most would is:
-loopholes that are on the edge of being legal, at one time this encompassed artwork and even llama farms.
-questionable charitable donations...I think who/where a person donates to can have a lot of implications.
edit on 8-10-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I have lots of problems with how the people who run things don't share with the average guy/gal how they too can reduce their taxable income, and thereby their taxes, relatively easily. No accountant needed.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Why wont pelosi, Shcumer, Waters, Sanders, Schiff, etc, etc, etc release their own tax returns?

Is it because the People would question how they got so rich in PUBLIC SERVICE?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
This is not a question of should he, but more of what will it reveal?

I wonder a lot of things.

Maybe he is terrible at business and his returns show that.
Is he much less wealthy than he has made out.

Maybe he has done some shifty things.
Has he done something wrong or used loopholes.
Did he pay 0 taxes or something like that?

Are there things on his tax returns that would shock Americans? Things that he is connected with?
Would some of his charitable givings turn heads?

Until retiring, I worked for a state tax agency, for more than 20 years.

Trust me, having a fancy, high priced accountant, or even an entire accounting firm, working for you is NO guarantee that your tax return is “bulletproofed” against an audit. In fact, as the old saying goes, “The more complicated they make the plumbing, the easier it is to plug up the drains”.

Which is to say, the harder Trump’s accountants were made to work to minimize his tax liability, the more likely it is that they screwed something up on his return(s).

In my career, I’ve reviewed hundreds of (state) returns (which usually required copies of the federal return to be attached) and you would not believe some of the errors I found. Everything from simple math errors worth millions of dollars, to blatant attempts to circumvent the tax law.

All committed by some of the largest, most well known accounting firms in the world.

In point of fact, even if Trump’s tax returns had shown, under audit, to be in error, only he (and his accountants) would know unless he, himself released the information. The IRS is strictly forbidden from releasing ANY information about a tax payer or their returns, unless criminal charges are filed.

Or unless ordered to do so by proper legal authority.

It might be not so much what is in the returns themselves, as what the returns show in comparison to what he has reported on Other legal documents.

I believe it was Cohen who claimed that Trump made a practice of minimizing the value of certain real estate holdings for tax purposes, but “inflating” the value of those same properties when claiming them as collateral for loans?

So, if we assume that Trump and his accountants were smart enough to reveal the true value of his holdings in his tax returns (because you Do Not Lie to the IRS if you value your goolies), knowing that information would NEVER be made public, did Trump misrepresent those values on certain other documents?

Loan application documents, perhaps?

Release of Trump’s tax returns would allow (hell, beg) comparison with other financial documents.

And perhaps Trump realizes that his true peril lies not in his tax returns, but in the discrepancies between his returns and those other legal documents he has filed over the years.

edit on 8-10-2019 by Bhadhidar because: For emphasis

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: carewemust

My aunt was a tax accountant for the wealthy in Chicago.
Let's just say she was very well compensated and got a lot of gifts from her clients.
I have no problem with people using loopholes, or using every tax advantage.

What I have a problem with and I think most would is:
-loopholes that are on the edge of being legal, at one time this encompassed artwork and even llama farms.
-questionable charitable donations...I think who/where a person donates to can have a lot of implications.

Granted, a lot has changed since 1913 (Revenue Act of 1913), but its kinda fascinating (both good/bad ways) how the tax code book has gone from 27 pages to literally tens of thousands of pages... all those loopholes are placed within that giant tax book..

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I assume simple tax scam stuff...

On paper he masked almost no income and pays no taxes..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join