It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't Trump want to release his tax returns?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Keep drinking the koolaid.

You think the bill of rights is koolaid?
not suprising
tlb

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

please cite which former president has released ALL thier tax returns ?

trump has released " some " - but no malefeasence was discovered - so his detractors were not satisfied - and demand " different " returns

but hey - as stated - obamas detractors creamed foul over his education history - and demanded documents that have NEVER been release

obamas supporters claimed - that all the accedemic institutions had reviewed them - and found no disceprancies - so they must be valid

trumps supporters claim he has been IRS audited every year and never prosecuted - so his tax history must be legitimate

see a patern here ?
edit on 8-10-2019 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: JAGStorm

That is easy.

So, the man has been audited by the IRS for years so we can assume that he has legally filed taxes correctly.

Now, you can bet he utilized every legal deduction possible. So the Dems and Media will make a huge deal of how he used the "loopholes" and make it sound illegal as well as complain about how little he paid in taxes vs income.

It is simply a hammer to use against him.

As long as those loopholes are legal. I think that might be where the problem is, sometimes those loopholes are on the edge of legality. Rich people are creative, i'll say that.

Again, it is a fishing expedition. If the IRS auditors under the Obama administration did not find anything illegal during their colonoscopy checks, I have to assume again that it is another BS media hit job in waiting.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Why don't Pelosi, Chuck the Chick, Sanders, and the rest release theirs?

Why don't theyall practice the kind of transparency that they demand of the President?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Basically because it's none of your business. You know what would happen. Self-described experts would pore over every line and bitch about each one, whether they had any expertise or not. There would be endless haggles over whether this move was legal or illegal. It would be like a flock of seagulls fighting over fish guts. It might give the left a few orgasms, but the fact is, it's none if their business.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I'm not a birther but there is evidence in a school paper Obama being from Kenya and that's what people wanted to know; Did he declare he was Kenyan on his college admission records. He certainly did not try to correct the school paper. Was there a benefit if he did claim he was from Kenya. I don't know but end of the day, legally, it's none of my business. The people elected him without it just like they elected Trump without tax records.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Obviously I meant every president who released them not literally every president before Trump. Tax returns weren't a thing until a certain point Mr. nitpicker. But no, I didn't know Nixon was the first, good to know. Thanks for that.

No one ever said that not releasing them was trashing the Bill of Rights either, it's just trashing the idea of transparency and being open about your financial dealings Mr. nitpicker. 😂

Do you believe his financials are squeaky clean? You've yet to be clear on that so I can only assume you do since you seem to be against him releasing them or at the very least you don't care if he doesn't.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Your spin is impressive. Nowhere have I said that the Bill of Rights is koolaid, that seems to be an issue with your reading comprehension.

The koolaid I'm talking about is that of the orange variety. Admit it, you don't care anything about transparency, all you care about is "sticking it to the libs" and licking those Trump brand boots. 🐑🐑🐑
edit on 10/8/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I agree! We should make it a law that those running for public office make their financials public as well. How can you claim to want to be a public servant if you can't prove that you aren't in the pockets of special interests?

Would you like them to release their tax returns? I sure would! It goes a long way toward transparency.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I think its not a matter of hiding what's in the returns, but more so the Lefts nonstop harassment of him. The Dems are not investigating a specific crime, they are searching for a crime/anything to bring this presidency down. Trump knows this, so he is refusing to play ball and using his executive privileges as he chooses. The Left is not acting in good faith, and because of that, Trump is refusing to cooperate... I am 100% behind Trump roadblocking congress at every turn.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Honestly im less interested in how a billionaire became a politician than how so many politicians become millionaires.

Full financial disclosure for anyone senate level snd up.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Obama wasn't very transparent either. I'm no fan of Obama, not sure why you assume he's some kind of get out of jail free card.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Good, same here. Transparency is important in government. Those hiding their financials are suspicious if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I think a better question is after seeing the Dems use kangaroo court tactics on everything that has to do with Trump. Why should he release his tax returns for the Dems to use the same tactics again?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Honestly im less interested in how a billionaire became a politician than how so many politicians become millionaires.

Full financial disclosure for anyone senate level snd up.

But they are arguing Biden Trading 1,000,000,000 again 1 BILLION! For his son and brother getting millions of kickbacks? And how about a Pelosi kid and a Kerry kid getting MILLIONS in the deal as well?
All with Ukraine that Trump is being blamed for?

Definition of fake news!

Lolz🤪

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Bluntone22

Good, same here. Transparency is important in government. Those hiding their financials are suspicious if you ask me.

If the left gets their wishes and eventually sees them, would you have any problem with ALL of Congress releasing their tax returns for every year they've been serving the public? I wouldn't mind seeing what Nancy Pelosi's looks like after 30-40 years serving the public, among many others...

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Obama wasn't very transparent either. I'm no fan of Obama, not sure why you assume he's some kind of get out of jail free card.

You claim to be a fan of no one ever!

Maybe get some depression medication

No need to come on every thread and talk about how you disagree with every person ever!

Lolz🤪

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

this guy doesn't even know who Joseph Misfud is.

doesn't seem enlightened at all

well those that know, know.

those that shill, don't

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Scepticaldem

Its not fake news....
Its targeted news...

The media industrial complex.....

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Honestly, why give any ammo to those who have been constantly trying to politically kill him these past 4 years?

It just doesn't make sense. I'm sure there are some questionable tax strategies involved there, hence the numerous audits.

You make it sound like tax loopholes are illegal...... Congress is the one who made the loopholes in the first place.

edit on 8-10-2019 by pavil because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join