It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't Trump want to release his tax returns?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This is not a question of should he, but more of what will it reveal?

I wonder a lot of things.

Maybe he is terrible at business and his returns show that.
Is he much less wealthy than he has made out.

Maybe he has done some shifty things.
Has he done something wrong or used loopholes.
Did he pay 0 taxes or something like that?

Are there things on his tax returns that would shock Americans? Things that he is connected with?
Would some of his charitable givings turn heads?

edit on 8-10-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

No mater what his tax returns show he will be criticized for them.
He can afford some high quality accountants so you will not see anything in the "gotcha!" Category.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

president trump has released " some " tax returns and other financial transparencies

but apparently - they showed no wrong doings - so ...................................

he question is how uch do they want him to divulge - IF his full tax ledger is released and still shows no wrong doing

what then

certain elements seem hell bent on demending discolsures untill they find " something "

the urkraine phone call illustrates this

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

No mater what his tax returns show he will be criticized for them.
He can afford some high quality accountants so you will not see anything in the "gotcha!" Category.

Is this a mountain out of a molehill?
Maybe he should have just released them to begin with.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Probably because the devil is in the detail , clever accountants have ways of avoiding tax liabilities so the mega rich keep clocking up the numbers while the average Joe who can't afford clever accountant carries the weight.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
If you have nothing to hide then why not prove the haters wrong? Oh yeah, he's "trolling the Democrats". Convenient excuse if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
If you have nothing to hide then why not prove the haters wrong? Oh yeah, he's "trolling the Democrats". Convenient excuse if you ask me.

That's how I feel. Just show it. As long as you are not doing something illegal just show it.
I don't think he is doing anything illegal.

I don't even think there are any shockers in there, maybe something embarrassing.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 8-10-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If you have nothing to hide then why not prove the haters wrong?

nccs.net...
"Learn It, Know It, Live It..."

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Is it in the Bill of Rights that you shouldn't release your tax returns? I think I missed that part. If not, what's your point? He's a public servant, he should be as transparent as he possibly can. What is he hiding? If nothing, why not prove his haters wrong?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
perhaps you should read #5
interesting you seem to value "proving the haters wrong" more than basic rights.......or perhaps not.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I have a screaming suspicion he might be hiding something otherwise why would he be so adamant about not wanting to release them? If it's because bes hiding that he's not as wealthy as he lets off then who cares? It has nothing to do with shady deals and "donations", right?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I have a screaming suspicion he might be hiding something

no you dont
you simply hate his orange guts
lol
at least be honest about it

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

The right to privacy.
There are also no laws requiring any elected official to release their tax returns.

Personally i wouldn't give the dems any more than was required either. Bow to their demands?
Hell no.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

That is easy.

So, the man has been audited by the IRS for years so we can assume that he has legally filed taxes correctly.

Now, you can bet he utilized every legal deduction possible. So the Dems and Media will make a huge deal of how he used the "loopholes" and make it sound illegal as well as complain about how little he paid in taxes vs income.

It is simply a hammer to use against him.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

So every president before Trump was trashing the Bill of Rights when they released their tax returns? 🤣

Your spin is impressive. No one ever said he's required by law to release them, people are just saying it's a matter of transparency. If you choose to believe a billionaire politician's financials are squeaky clean then that's your prerogative but others are more than justified in being curious about what his financials say about his motivations.

You can blindly believe he's innocent all you want, that just shows you care nothing about transparency. If Obama refused to release his tax returns you'd be suspicious as hell, but "orange man good" overrides all logic in clown world. 🤣
edit on 10/8/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

That is easy.

So, the man has been audited by the IRS for years so we can assume that he has legally filed taxes correctly.

Now, you can bet he utilized every legal deduction possible. So the Dems and Media will make a huge deal of how he used the "loopholes" and make it sound illegal as well as complain about how little he paid in taxes vs income.

It is simply a hammer to use against him.

As long as those loopholes are legal. I think that might be where the problem is, sometimes those loopholes are on the edge of legality. Rich people are creative, i'll say that.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

He's a billionaire politician. It's your prerogative to put all your trust in someone like that, it's my prerogative to be suspicious about his financial dealings considering his global network of resorts and business connections.

Keep drinking the koolaid. 🐑🐑🐑

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

They can voluntarily do whatever they wish.
The bill of right protects them from being forced.

Im still waiting for obamas college records...
Especially his admission forms...

Doubt we will ever see those..

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

So every president before Trump was trashing the Bill of Rights when they released their tax returns?

If you say so......tho you may want to re think that as nixon was the first.....but you knew that right?
So we are clear you think kennedy trashed the bill of rights?

Your spin is impressive.

I offered no spin. I offered a link to the bill of rights.
You are the only one bringing spin, and poor spin at that imo.

No one ever said he's required by law to release them, people are just saying it's a matter of transparency. If you choose to believe a billionaire politician's financials are squeaky clean then that's your prerogative but others are more than justified in being curious about what his financials say about his motivations.

nothing but the aforementioned spin
tlb

You can blindly believe he's innocent all you want

source please.......
I will wait.....

more tlb

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
None of the other candidates have released 5 years of tax return so why does he have to do it meh....

If I had to guess though, he probably exaggerated his net worth. People thought Eppstein was worth a billion or more. He was worth about 500 million so nowhere close to a billion. Think Trump said he is worth 9 billion or something, some say it's nowhere near that amount but again, just speculation. He likes to brag and does embellish every single situation he is involved in so income would be par for the course.
edit on 8-10-2019 by FlyinHeadlock because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2019 by FlyinHeadlock because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join