It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s EU ambassador ordered to not give deposition

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Trump’s EU ambassador ordered to not give deposition in impeachment probe

This was not a public hearing. It was a closed door deposition. He had been scheduled to testify this morning.

Gordon Sondland, Trump’s ambassador to the European Union, had been expected to testify Tuesday morning.

Sondland was identified in recently released text messages with other diplomats discussing an effort by Trump to pressure Ukrainian leaders to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden — possibly by withholding military aid and a White House visit.

Sondland's text exchanges that raise questions:

[7/21/19, 1:45:54 AM] Bill Taylor (US Ambassador to Ukraine):
Gordon, one thing Kurt and I talked about yesterday was Sasha Danyliuk’s point that President Zelenskyy is sensitive about Ukraine being taken seriously, not merely as an instrument in Washington domestic, reelection politics.

[7/21/19, 4:45:44 AM] Gordon Sondland (US EU Ambassador):
Absolutely, but we need to get the conversation started and the relationship built, irrespective of the pretext. I am worried about the alternative.

Discussing trading a statement from Ukraine that they will investigate (Biden) as a perquisite for a meeting with POTUS

[8/9/19, 5:35:53 PM] Gordon Sondland:

Morrison ready to get dates as soon as Yermak confirms.

[8/9/19, 5:46:21 PM] Kurt Volker:

Excellent!! How did you sway him?

[8/9/19, 5:47:34 PM] Gordon Sondland:

Not sure i did. I think potus really wants the deliverable

[8/9/19, 5:48:00 PM] Kurt Volker: But does he know that?

[8/9/19, 5:48:09 PM] Gordon Sondland: Yep

[8/9/19, 5:48:37 PM] Gordon Sondland: Clearly lots of convos going on

[8/9/19, 5:48:38 PM] Kurt Volker: Ok—then that’s good it’s coming from two separate sources

[8/9/19, 5:51:18 PM] Gordon Sondland:

To avoid misundestandings, might be helpful to ask Andrey for a draft statememt (embargoed) so that we can see exactly what they propose to cover. Even though Ze does a live presser they can still summarize in a brief statement. Thoughts?

[8/9/19, 5:51:42 PM] Kurt Volker: Agree!

Volker to Rudy asking him to OK the Ukraine Statement that would announce an investigation

[8/9/19, 11:27 AM] Kurt Volker:

Hi Mr Mayor! Had a good chat with Yermak last night. He was pleased with your phone call. Mentioned Z making a statement. Can we all get on the phone to make sure I advise Z correctly as to what he should be saying? Want to make sure we get this done right. Thanks!

Gordon Sondland: Good idea Kurt. I am on Pacific time.

Rudy Giuliani: Yes can you call now going to Fundraiser at 12:30

Volker spit-balling a statement that the tell Ukranian Government can give in order to get a meeting with POTUS

[8/13/19, 10:26:44 AM] Kurt Volker:

Special attention should be paid to the problem of interference in the political processes of the United States especially with the alleged involvement of some Ukrainian politicians. I want to declare that this is unacceptable. We intend to initiate and complete a transparent and unbiased investigation of all available facts and episodes, including those involving Burisma and the 2016 U.S. elections, which in turn will prevent the recurrence of this problem in the future.

[8/13/19, 10:27:20 AM] Gordon Sondland: Perfect. Lets send to Andrey after our call

Ukrainian Official Shares Press Report of U.S. Withholding Military Assistance: On August 28, President Zelensky’s aide, Andrey Yermak, texted Ambassador Volker a news story entitled, "Trump Holds Up Ukraine Military Aid Meant to Confront Russia":

[8/29/19, 2:28:19 AM] Andrey Yermak: Need to talk with you

[8/29/19, 3:06:14 AM] Andrey Yermak: www.politico.com... 1689531

[8/29/19, 6:55:04 AM] Kurt Volker: Hi Andrey - absolutely. When is good for you?

President Trump Cancels Trip to Meet President Zelensky: On August 30, Ambassador Taylor informed Ambassador Volker that President Trump had canceled his planned visit

[9/1/19, 12:08:57 PM] Bill Taylor: Are we now saying that security assistance and WH meeting are conditioned on investigations?

[9/1/19, 12:42:29 PM] Gordon Sondland: Call me

[9/8/19, 11:26:13 AM] Kurt Volker: Try again—could not hear

[9/8/19, 11:40:11 AM] Bill Taylor: Gordon and I just spoke. I can brief you if you and Gordon don’t connect

[9/8/19, 12:37:28 PM] Bill Taylor: The nightmare is they give the interview and don’t get the security assistance. The Russians love it. (And I quit.)

Here Bill Taylor is hoping that a Ukranian Official mentioning Burisma and re-opening investigations in a public interview will free Trump's hold on military aid.

[9/9/19, 12:31:06 AM] Bill Taylor: The message to the Ukrainians (and Russians) we send with the decision on security assistance is key. With the hold, we have already shaken their faith in us. Thus my nightmare scenario.

[9/9/19, 12:34:44 AM] Bill Taylor: Counting on you to be right about this interview, Gordon.

[9/9/19, 12:37:16 AM] Gordon Sondland: Bill, I never said I was “right”. I said we are where we are and believe we have identified the best pathway forward. Lets hope it works.

[9/9/19, 12:47:11 AM] Bill Taylor: As I said on the phone, I think it’s crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign.

*Several hours pass then this near comedic made for when SHTF response...

[9/9/19, 5:19:35 AM] Gordon Sondland:

Bill, I believe you are incorrect about President Trump’s intentions. The President has been crystal clear no quid pro quo’s of any kind. The President is trying to evaluate whether Ukraine is truly going to adopt the transparency and reforms that President Zelensky promised during his campaign

I suggest we stop the back and forth by text If you still have concerns I recommend you give Lisa Kenna or S a call to discuss them directly. Thanks.

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 8-10-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

Peace

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

So this is the beginning of what follows.

Trump blocks testimony of anyone that might say something that incriminates him.

There is a debate of how quickly the courts can move to force testimony.
And yes, SCOTUS will defer to the constitution and they can't tell the House that they have to hold a vote to have an impeachment inquiry. The house decides what constitutes that and SCOTUS isn't going to write laws.

The more relevant question is, how long will it take to enforce subpoenas through the courts?

With Nixon, Congress took the more expedient path of simply including Nixon's preventing of witnesses to testify as "Obstruction of Congress" and "Obstruction of Justice" charges in articles of impeachment.

I think that is the path Congress will likely take.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Sondland should give a deposition clearing Trump in all of this then. Right?

I think there is a strong probability that one text (Not tweet) by Sondland was constructed after consultation with attorneys when he realized how exposed he and POTUS were through the previous text trail and phone calls. that is why it took him several hours to respond.

Followed by this doozie: "I suggest we stop the back and forth by text"

Could be wrong, but hey, Sondland has been ordered not to testify.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

I think there is a strong probability that one text (Not tweet) by Sondland was constructed after consultation with attorneys when he realized how exposed he and POTUS were through the previous text trail and phone calls. that is why it took him several hours to respond.

Could be wrong, but hey, Sondland has been banned from giving testimony.

How about we follow the rules and the constitution?

Drunk Nancy single handedly announced an impeachment "inquiry" with no vote. Rule violation #1.

Shifty Schiff wants this guy to testify, but didnt subpoena him. Rule violation #2.

Not exactly a rule, but, closed door testimonies? Maybe we all want to see the whole thing instead of what you would have cherry picked and leaked? But we dont deny ignorance anymore, we embrace it....

Sad really

Lolz🤪

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

When you have nothing to hide it's kind of weird when you are hiding things...

Peace

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Peace

yeah it's weird to request things you have no legal right too.

I know that law stuff is hard.

carry on Non-citizen, tell us more about our laws.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Trump blocks testimony of anyone that might say something that incriminates him.

And his deranged supporters love it thinking it makes him look even more innocent.
Weird times we live in.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

Are you talking to me???

How very Trump of you sir.

Peace

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scepticaldem

Could be wrong, but hey, Sondland has been banned from giving testimony.

How about we follow the rules and the constitution?

The one where the founders feared Foreign Interference, Abuse of Office, Bribery, Extortion and Corruption and empowered the House of Representatives with full authority to Impeach a President?

Drunk Nancy single handedly announced an impeachment "inquiry" with no vote. Rule violation #1.

Nope. How the House initiates or conducts impeachment proceedings is entirely their prerogative, Purview and authority.

Shifty Schiff wants this guy to testify, but didnt subpoena him. Rule violation #2.

First you ask. Sondland agreed to testify and was scheduled for this AM. It was only this AM that POTUS ordered him not to. A Subpoena will now follow.

You don't seem to know much about "rules"?

Not exactly a rule, but, closed door testimonies? Maybe we all want to see the whole thing instead of what you would have cherry picked and leaked?

Absolutely. Closed door was a courtesy extended him so he could speak without concerns for press and camera's. No doubt Dems would be much happier with a public hearing. If THAT is the hold-up I am sure the House would be great with Sondland explaining these texts under oath in a public hearing.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Peace

Agreed. Why has Trump ordered Sondland not to give a deposition?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Looks more like Bill Taylor is an idiot or he's the "Mifsud" in this instance and trying to introduce a false concept. "Resistance" as it were.

There's more about Ukraine than the Bidens and has everything to do with true election interference.

Trump knows it and we know it.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Peace

Agreed. Why has Trump ordered Sondland not to give a deposition?

For the reasons I already stated. Until Drunk Nancy makes this official and has subpoena power this is all fake news.

Dont tell me to learn the facts when you know nothing of them bud.

Trump wants this testimony to be broadcast to the entire country so it can be seen for what it is.

Shifty Schiff literally just said in a press conference that they may not have had enough to impeach but Trumps obstruction today is definitely what will remove him from office. Dudes credibility is level -3,000 right now.

But yea, tell me you know about all the crimes you know our president has committed!

Meanwhile I will be at the Target Center in Minneapolis tomorrow night supporting someone trying to bring some sanity to this world!

Lolz🤪

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Why has Trump ordered Sondland not to give a deposition?

Because Trump is tired of these silly games that congress has been playing. Look at what has happened over Trump making a phone call to Ukraine. How it has all been twisted and feed into the media for more Trump bashing to take place. Trump did not rip off Ukraine, but is getting attacked for not protecting the people that did.

I am with Trump on this. Shiff can go pound sand as the IG FISA report and other indictments are getting their final touches.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Totally the actions of an innocent man.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
There is no impeachment inquiry underway. Not by Schiff, not by Pelosi. What we have is, as Trump accurately described it, a kangaroo court with no legal standing, that is making up the rules as it goes along.

Heck, Schiff wants to have the the latest "whistleblower" testify secretly, without any Republicans present. Yes, really. They're so far beyond deranged, Trump might seriously need to ask the Supreme Court to intervene and enforce something approaching Due Process.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: contextual

And his deranged supporters love it thinking it makes him look even more innocent.
Weird times we live in.

So you dont think we should have responded to Ukrainian calls for help dealing with corruption? They told Trump the last administration wouldnt "play ball" unless they fired the prosecutor looking into Ukrainian corruption. You can say that the prosecutor was corrupt if you want but the LEADER of the country that removed him was then removed for CORRUPTION!

How do you explain that away?

And today we find out Drunk nancy had a kid making thousands for a Ukrainian energy company during this same time period?

Keep fighting the 4d chess and make sure you dont produce any facts babe!

Lolz🤪

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Like Trump said, it's a Kangeroo court, don't give Dems an inch.

link   

Lol

link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
There is no impeachment inquiry underway. Not by Schiff, not by Pelosi. What we have is, as Trump accurately described it, a kangaroo court with no legal standing, that is making up the rules as it goes along.

Heck, Schiff wants to have the the latest "whistleblower" testify secretly, without any Republicans present. Yes, really. They're so far beyond deranged, Trump might seriously need to ask the Supreme Court to intervene and enforce something approaching Due Process.
Truth.

Let us reiterate, THERE IS NO IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join