It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What have the Kurds done for America

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

“I have a little conflict of interest ’cause I have a major, major building in Istanbul,” Trump boasted in response. “It’s a tremendously successful job. It’s called Trump Towers — two towers, instead of one, not the usual one; it’s two. And I’ve gotten to know Turkey very well. They’re amazing people, they’re incredible people. They have a strong leader.”

Link< br />
Just going to leave this here.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
It's wrong to totally bail on the Kurds.

What has Turkey done for us?

They love to threaten europe with a flood of humans.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The Kurds haven't done anything for us other than help us fight their war. Now you could blame US foreign policy for how Syria has turned out, but that definitely isn't at the feet of Trump. The problem with keeping troops there to support the Kurds is that it is an everlasting war that only brings death to our soldiers and more economic strain at a time when our debt is already through the roof.

The problem I have with the Kurds is they are basically a terrorist group that the US hires to cause dissent in ME countries. It's time we move away from that type of foreign policy of overthrowing governments, interfering with their elections, etc. One of the reasons I voted for Trump was to bring our troops home and quit fighting this never-ending war in the ME. He seems to be following through with that promise and all the warmongers are now all pissed about it.

I figure I might as well add this in here since it applies to the topic:

The U.S. is Now Betraying the Kurds for the Eighth Time
edit on 8-10-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
When I was in northern Iraq they fought along side of us. They are a good people just trying to avoid the genocide the other countries are trying to do.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
well if you believe there is a real jihad started by real jihadies way back when, and not some one being paid to do it, and even if it's is, it's a pretty pissy thing to do. they have one of the highest casualty rates among all allies in the supposed war on terror, they have lost 11,000 fighters( trying to find source for number, heard it on radio yesterday) and still looking for civilian numbers.

you don't bail on people that bleed with you.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Yay genocide!!!

Winning!!!

Trump may not be the one that originally got us in bed with the Kurds, but he is the one that is leaving them to pretty much be slaughtered. Which, in the end, is the only thing that matters when it comes to his all important legacy.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
If the troops leave would drone assistance be available to replace them?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Yay genocide!!!

Winning!!!

Trump may not be the one that originally got us in bed with the Kurds, but he is the one that is leaving them to pretty much be slaughtered. Which, in the end, is the only thing that matters when it comes to his all important legacy.

You should grab you a plane ticket, fly over there and put your own life on the line to defend the Kurds. I bet you don't care enough to do it though, but don't mind putting other people's children in harms way to do it.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: hyperlexic
For that matter what the hell has any other country done for America except suck on the teet of the American citizen?

I cant believe Trump wants to pull troops (and is already doing it) out of the ME abd people are actually mad at him.

The left who have been saying "we are not the world police " "we have no business there" "stop all the wars and cut funding to the MIC and so on and son for as long as I can remember Are all now screaming what about the Kurds?

So trump tweets Turkey better not attack the kurds or we will destroy them and they get mad at him for that too.

So do you really even care about the Kurds?? If you do why are you mad at the tweet ?

Its like the frikin twilight zone. I cant believe you hate Trump more than you want American soldiers at home with their family.

Check your TDS .

I'm very confused by this post. Do you not know what the Kurds have done for America?

The Kurds fought side by side with our troops in our efforts to destroy ISIS. This was so that ISIS could not attack us at home. So the Kurds lost thousands of men and women so that we can sit at home in our PJ's and complain about what the Kurds have done for us on a message board.

The sense of entitlement of some people truly astounds me.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gorgonite

originally posted by: hyperlexic
For that matter what the hell has any other country done for America except suck on the teet of the American citizen?

I cant believe Trump wants to pull troops (and is already doing it) out of the ME abd people are actually mad at him.

The left who have been saying "we are not the world police " "we have no business there" "stop all the wars and cut funding to the MIC and so on and son for as long as I can remember Are all now screaming what about the Kurds?

So trump tweets Turkey better not attack the kurds or we will destroy them and they get mad at him for that too.

So do you really even care about the Kurds?? If you do why are you mad at the tweet ?

Its like the frikin twilight zone. I cant believe you hate Trump more than you want American soldiers at home with their family.

Check your TDS .

I'm very confused by this post. Do you not know what the Kurds have done for America?

The Kurds fought side by side with our troops in our efforts to destroy ISIS. This was so that ISIS could not attack us at home. So the Kurds lost thousands of men and women so that we can sit at home in our PJ's and complain about what the Kurds have done for us on a message board.

The sense of entitlement of some people truly astounds me.

I bet if everyone whining online about Trump bringing the troops back home went over to help the Kurds, they would have more people there than before the troops left.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Look at you!

You have no real argument against Trump condoning genocide so you need to attack a person you don't actually know anything about.

Yes or No. Do the Kurds deserve to die en masse?

Yes or No. If a country has the capability to prevent such a wide scale massacre, should they step in and prevent it?

Yes or No. If a country that has the capability to prevent such a genocide refuses to do so, can they really be considered a country that lives by "Christian ideals?"

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Erdogan to Trump: "Nice little twin tower set you got there. I'd be shame if something happened to them. Now, about those Kurds in Syria.
Bwaaa hahaha!"

Trump to Erdogan: "US Troops are retreating, F# the Kurds, just don't let those ISIS prisoners out or I'll ruin your economy! I've done it before! Bwaaa hahaha!"

edit on 8-10-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha sounds like a good deal to me. Win win

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Look at you!

You have no real argument against Trump condoning genocide so you need to attack a person you don't actually know anything about.

Yes or No. If a country has the capability to prevent such a wide scale massacre, should they step in and prevent it?

Yes or No. If a country that has the capability to prevent such a genocide refuses to do so, can they really be considered a country that lives by "Christian ideals?"

I have a very real argument about bringing our troops home. Please link where Trump says he condones genocide. Oh, that's right you can't because those are the words from the MSM.

Please link where I said that. Oh, that's right you can't because those are your words.

No, let them deal with their own issues. I sure as hell wouldn't want some random country coming over and dropping bombs in my country.

Don't know, don't care and has to be the dumbest question I've been asked in a good while.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MConnalley
Its not about what they've done for us, but about what they can do for us in the future. The Kurds are like a group of survivors during a zombie apocalypse that actually wants to live while all there neighbors are raping murdering bandits who steal what they want and lead ruin to those who just want to live.

You sure about that?

My understanding is at least factions of them have been at war with Turkey for well over a hundred years.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
We are not at war in the ME. There are a small number of military personnel there assisting local efforts to maintain order.

So, we're not at war, we're 'assisting' in local police actions.

Does it involve guns? Shooting? Bombs? Sounds like war to me.

And it is working.

Define working. If it only works as long as we stay there, then it isn't worth it, plain and simple.

Sorry, but they've been at odds for over a hundred years. It is none of our business.

With this order, Trump has not removed personnel from Syria. He has moved them out of northern Syria. He has made room for Turkey to move into northern Syria where the Kurds are.

Did he not, in no uncertain terms, warn Turkey about harming the Kurds?

Kurds fought and died (in great numbers) supporting our efforts.

Ahem... I think you have that backwards. They fought and died with us supporting their efforts.

And they got a lot out of it - money, military equipment/aid.

Erdogan calls Kurds terrorists.

Maybe they are. Wouldn't be the first time we've aided terrorists, either knowingly or through being duped.

The only thing keeping him from destroying them has been the American influence in northern Syria. Erdogan wants to destroy the Kurds. Our allies.

Ahem. Turkey is a member of NATO. Turkey is officially one of our Allies.

The Kurds are not a member of NATO.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

We are the ones in northern Syria. The ones who just today, are leaving. Bye. See ya. No plan. No agreement. Because our president said so. After a phone call.

Here's a sane voice on the issue - someone who I submit has far more actual knowledge and experience in this arena:

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I think the media is doing a good job of portraying all the different Kurdish groups as one group.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

a reply to: Sublimecraft

You just can't bring yourself to say that Trump screwed up. Can you?

So you deflect. Often.

Christ, even Graham said he screwed up.

Graham does not speak for all Republicans, let alone Trump voters.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: hyperlexic

What did the Kurds to for Americans?

Well … they remained Islamic, and what else should they have done?

I guess they failed.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join