It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What have the Kurds done for America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   
For that matter what the hell has any other country done for America except suck on the teet of the American citizen?

I cant believe Trump wants to pull troops (and is already doing it) out of the ME abd people are actually mad at him.

The left who have been saying "we are not the world police " "we have no business there" "stop all the wars and cut funding to the MIC and so on and son for as long as I can remember Are all now screaming what about the Kurds?

So trump tweets Turkey better not attack the kurds or we will destroy them and they get mad at him for that too.

So do you really even care about the Kurds?? If you do why are you mad at the tweet ?

Its like the frikin twilight zone. I cant believe you hate Trump more than you want American soldiers at home with their family.

Check your TDS .

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Its not about what they've done for us, but about what they can do for us in the future. The Kurds are like a group of survivors during a zombie apocalypse that actually wants to live while all there neighbors are raping murdering bandits who steal what they want and lead ruin to those who just want to live.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Democrats are on "automatic response" mode.

Automatically hate anything Trump does or says.

Democrats on total Automation Borg Assimilation πŸ˜ƒ

MSM on total Bananarama swallow the coconut whole πŸ˜ƒ

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: hyperlexic

For that matter what the hell has any other country done for America except suck on the teet of the American citizen?

Colonialism. The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree. It's all about colonialism.

I mean...What did First Nation People ever do for America? Amirite?

edit on 8-10-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Maybe some of those with whom they fought against ISIS are on ATS.

I would value their opinions.

As I value those of who fought with the Montagnards in Vietnam. And what happened to them.

Your opinion, not so much.

edit on 10/8/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

As I would value those who fought with the Montagnards in Vietnam. And what happened to them.

How exactly was that for us and not for their own safety? Isis really isnt a threat to us. We were there for them and that region.

Do you think we should be the world police?
edit on 8-10-2019 by hyperlexic because: (no reason given)

Just saw your edit.

Yours is pretty worthless too

edit on 8-10-2019 by hyperlexic because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Isis really isnt a threat to us.

Not anymore. According to Trump.

It depends. But I don't think abandoning allies is a good idea.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:45 AM
link   

And who are you and why should I listen to what you have to say on the matter, how do I know your even an American. It doesn't matter whether anyone thinks the United states should help the world out proactively. what matters is that we live by our word and do the right thing.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Isis really isnt a threat to us.

Not anymore. According to Trump.

It depends. But I don't think abandoning allies is a good idea.

So we should stay at war in the ME ? How much longer?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MConnalley

So stay at war? so keep funding the MIC? how long? Until a dem POTUS says its a good idea?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:52 AM
link   

As I would value those who fought with the Montagnards in Vietnam. And what happened to them.

So you want war? If you dont want the troops to leave then you want war? War monger.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   

So we should stay at war in the ME ?

We are not at war in the ME. There are a small number of military personnel there assisting local efforts to maintain order. And it is working.

With this order, Trump has not removed personnel from Syria. He has moved them out of northern Syria. He has made room for Turkey to move into northern Syria where the Kurds are. Kurds fought and died (in great numbers) supporting our efforts. Erdogan calls Kurds terrorists. The only thing keeping him from destroying them has been the American influence in northern Syria. Erdogan wants to destroy the Kurds. Our allies.

Now, sure. The Kurds might be terrorists (I'm sure Erdogan can be trusted, Trump seems to). But that's why I would ask the opinion of those who fought with them. Against ISIS.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   

But I don't think abandoning allies is a good idea.

As an outsider to this game (Not American) my words will probably fall on deaf, ignorant or arrogant ears (not you Phage)).

For once I totally agree with you concerning your allies.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Lags

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
So your answer is yes you want us to keep our troops in the Middle East?

and we have been at war in the ME since desert storm. Which BTW you guys didnt give 2 shi#s about the kurds then .

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   

The world inst black or white and the choices we are given aren't so as well, for they reside in the grey area of life which is humanities domain. Decisions aren't made so easily and choices change by the minute. what I think doesn't matter ultimately. What matters is people think for themselves. We are all just trying to live and some need more help than others. Our burden is our balance over logic and emotion. What we feel is the right choices and what we should really be choosing aren't always the same thing.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   

We have troops in many places. Yes, I think it is in our interest to do so.

and we have been at war in the ME since desert storm. Which BTW you guys didnt give 2 shi#s about the kurds then .
Desert Storm made sense. The invasion of Iraq was a sham.
We are not presently at war in the ME. We won. Trump said so.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MConnalley

All I really get from that is you justifying wanting war in the Middle East. There is no grey area here its a yes or no question addressed to you.

Do you think we belong in the ME? Do you think we should be the world police?

I think if any POTUS besides Trump D or R said he was gonna pull our troops out of the ME it would be celebrated by the left and right.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   
there are two aspects of this that need to be addressed that is separate but no less equal

Issue one

you dont abandon your friends and/or not honor your word.

the credibility of the USA word is more valuable than any weapon system ever developed.

You can have the mightiest weapon but if the people dont think you will back them up/honor your word it becomes ineffective in long term control/stability.

one of the reasons alot of groups dont rise up against their oppressors or evil people is if they know the USA wont back them up they are not gonna risk their lives.

look at WWII... the reason the Philippines people formed their commando groups and resistance was they believed the americans would stand by them and come back.

without their aid (in many open and secret ways) the taking of the islands would have been much harder and we be an occupying force.

we also have alot of other examples where we didnt honor our word and that turned out badly for us.

especially in the middle east where people ties are based more on ones word not a piece of paper.
how do you think special forces work so well with local people....

if we continue not to support our allies and people we make promises to we will find an enemy in every corner or at least no one willing to help us.

Issue two

the democrats and anti trump will not stand by anything if it helps trump... even their own allies/issues

I remember when a democrat named obama was interfering in arab spring and they cheered.
how he sent more troops into middle east and was not chastised for it.
when he made a "red line" in the sand in syria
all good

but now trump involves in the middle east and o boy he is a bad man / how could he.

he pulls our troops out (or planning to) and now they are all concerned with the kurds...

in short dammed if he does and dammed if he doesnt.

I would claim they are engaging in hypocrisy but would be inaccurate due to the fact they DONT HAVE ANY CLEAR POLICY on the kurds.

scrounger

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I cant believe you hate Trump more than you want American soldiers at home with their family.

What will they be doing at home with their families? Sucking on the Government teat? Does their pay stop if back in the USA?

What about the other 170,000?

What bout those unwittingly protecting Opium growing in Afghanistan?

How about you cry for them all to go home? Rather than being tools for Corporations/US Adventurism

wiki

The military of the United States is deployed in more than 150 countries around the world, with over 170,000 of its active-duty personnel serving outside the United States and its territories.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 02:08 AM
link   

We have troops in many places. Yes, I think it is in our interest to do so.

Desert Storm made sense. The invasion of Iraq was a sham.
We are not presently at war in the ME. We won. Trump said so.

So you want us to have troops in many places ? or because we have them in many places we should have them there too which is it?
So you are all for the MIC hadnt pegged you for that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join