It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does your camera do this?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   
So the photos are taken on a smartphone - then when uploaded they are auto-scanned for info (by something) and it detects, wrongly, that it was taken with a Canon EOS?

Do you take the pictures with a Canon or a Samsung?

As to where that information appears for me, it's just a swipe up while viewing pic on my phone.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Bigburgh

Also, what gallop said.
Because cameras don't do that.

Thanks phage! It's Samsung...
Phage thanks..

It's replicating on the Samsung galaxy S2...

But the upload still went to my dell 360 laptop... from the SanDisk.

Thanks phage. I think I'm almost getting it.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted
So the photos are taken on a smartphone - then when uploaded they are auto-scanned for info (by something) and it detects, wrongly, that it was taken with a Canon EOS?

Do you take the pictures with a Canon or a Samsung?

As to where that information appears for me, it's just a swipe up while viewing pic on my phone.

No I took the photos on a Canon eos, then SanDisk out of camera to laptop to insta gram upload..

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Also, what gallop said.
Because cameras don't do that.

Then why did it do That?

I'm not trying to be a kid. But it did that😐

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Your camera didn't do it.

Google (gmail) or Instagram did it. Without your knowledge.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yep.
I'm seeing this.

Mods you can close this thread. Or leave it for others to learn.
Don't close it as I don't want Phage to say "why did you abandon your thread"
But I got what I needed for a good start on this.

Thanks Phage!

A bacteriophage (/bækˈtɪərioʊfeɪdʒ/), also known informally as a phage (/feɪdʒ/), is a virus that infects and replicates within bacteria and archaea. The term was derived from "bacteria" and the Greek φαγεῖν (phagein), "to devour".

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Yeah.

I devour ignorance.

Get it?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I just got back from watching the most confusing movie I've seen all year (Captive State).. and this thread just makes that movie feel like I've just read an encyclopaedia. It even has no ending that made sense. weehoo.

hahah..

Cheers Phage.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Digital cameras have been adding data to images since the beggining.

And now with AI categorizing of images is also a thing.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

My photo host does his for me. it recognizes my images and sorts them for me. I can search them by content and location without ever having to type it in. Its how things like Google Images do it, too.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I noticed that when adding pictures to a Microsoft Word document, Word automatically generated an "Alt Text" label similar to what your camera is doing, which so far has been accurate.

A picture of a building that I took had the alt text "tall building in a city" automatically generated by Microsoft Word. A couple of interior pictures of an open office with computers on a desks were "Table with a computer on it" and "A large room". And it was Microsoft Word adding the alt text; it was not in the image file. I checked the metadata in the image files and there were no descriptions. I used a 7-ish year old small consumer-grade camera to take the pictures, so that's likely a reason.

I think Microsoft Word adds those alt text tables as descriptions for the visually impaired who might be using an automatic reader. The reader can obviously read the text of the document out loud to the visually impaired, but when it gets to an image the reader reads the alt text describing the image.

edit on 10/9/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join