It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump slump hits big media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
"Trump slump" hits big media

Reported on Jun 25, 2019; by Sara Fischer and Neal Rothschild at axios. Tried to see if anyone started a topic on this using the search but didn't find it. Sorry if I'm duplicating.

link

Top news executives tell Axios that a real "Trump slump" is hitting digital, cable and more.

Why it matters: The shock factor around President Trump's unplanned announcements, staff departures, taunting tweets and erratic behavior is wearing off, and media companies are scrambling to find their next big moneymaker.

Driving the news: Executives tell Axios that Trump fatigue is very real: Interest in political coverage overall is down, which is spurring investments in other beats, like technology and the global economy.

If I am remembering correctly; this "Trump slump" was being reported on around the same time the Mueller Report was being released. That would suggest that the slump is/was real and not caused by a slow news period.

By the numbers: Digital demand for Trump-related content (number of article views compared to number of articles written) has dropped 29% between the first 6 months of the Trump presidency and the most recent 6 months, according to data from traffic analytics company Parse.ly.

Evidence that Trump's social media star power was also beginning to wear off surfaced last month, when Axios reportedthat his tweets were receiving less than half the engagement that they got when he first took office.

Am I to believe that this is a bad indicator for the news industry, who by and large run negative news about Trump; Or is this a bad indicator for Trump who uses his Twitter account to reach his supporters directly?

Democrats don't appear to be the lifeline media companies are hoping can fill the gap for diminished Trump interest. Executives say they expect this week’s debate ratings to be nothing like the ratings for the 2016 Trump debates.

Be smart: Part of the problem is that 2020 Democrats don't have a knock-out media star to drive interest in the election. To date, the Democrats' biggest media attraction has been Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who isn't running for president.

This doesn't sound good for the Democrats; if they can't fire up the American people's interest does that spell doom for them next November? Or is the American electorate tried of the "news flashy candidate" and will through their support behind a boring Democratic candidate just to get a respite from the last few years?

Our thought bubble: The Trump bump that supported the news industry through difficult economic times is not sustainable, and media companies that were once reliant on politics coverage to get through tough times are going to have to pivot.

Is the fervency in which the news industry is reporting on this weeks impeachment controversy a last ditch attempt to get as much as they can out of a slumping Trump New Effect? Or are there indications that the news industry is pivoting to something new in order to correct their unsustainable busines model?

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I don't even remember 'Jun 25, 2019'.

What I KNOW is TRUMP 2016-2020!

He's the best POTUS we've had in decades...

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Interesting, isn't it?

The only way they can make money is to have a negative slant on things.

Which sells, obviously, to the left.

So why is the left so negative about things?

Because they don't want to be positive about America.

Does that make them... un-American?

~shocked look~

It's really too bad about what the left has done to America.

Hopefully they will burn themselves out and we can go forward again as a country.

Hopefully they won't burn the country down doing it.

We'll see.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

the major news outlets AND Hollywood AND career Politicians have all been rabid non-stop and their lies are catching up to them while their hypocrisy is also becoming ever more apparent and brazen than anything they've accused Trump of.

At the same time, the non-stop barrage of scandals (it seems most of them have been 100% fabricated) have caused those surface-level consumers/voters to get convinced Trump = all things bad.

I'm seeing it everywhere out in public and on TV, radio, social media, etc. at work, at the gym, but I also know there are others out there who are holding their tongue because they see through the BS.

Our situation in the US, politically and socially speaking is fragile and disconcerting. Polarized, tribalized and seemingly getting more volatile. Time will tell... I really hope some of these super corrupt news stations, public officials and "celebrities" will start paying for their crimes, especially the "Holier-than-thou" types like the Obamas, and virtue-signaling victim-hypocrites like AOC, Omar, Tlaib, and even the little roach nephews and nieces, sons and other relatives of the corrupt talking heads, runts like Hunter Biden and Gavin Newsom (Pelosi's Brother-in-Law), and any trash figures that have been involved in Epstein/Hollywood pedos & human traffickers.

There are a lot of factors connecting the following 3 groups/topics:

Hollywood Culture
MSM Political Twisting & Propagandizing
Obama, Clinton, Biden, and other DC Swamp Creatures/Figures who SELL OUT AMERICA on our tax money while getting rich

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   

It's simple people, don't watch commercial media.

They need advertisement revenue, so when that drops, expect more outrageous diatribe, opinion pieces masked as news.

I dont have this problem, when I get news about Trump, it's 'trump called Australian prime Minister Morrison to ask for assistance in the 'mueller probe' meanwhile a foxx...'the left are at it again! Now they claim that Trump discussed the 'mueller investigation! Will when the left stop this stupid charade?turn the fricking frogs gay!'

Gay frogs,. Brought to you by FOX'S pillar of wisdom Alex Jones, here's a remix for your viewing pleasure

Forget storming area 51, storm FOX, we deserve a better class of journalists.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   

This will be nothing compared to the "comedian slump" that will happen when Trump leaves office.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I would like to know how these late night talks shows stay on the air. They have ostracized half the country. What entertainment business model are they following because it's not sustainable. I suspect they are lying about viewership and that's not even taking into account streaming services.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock
I would like to know how these late night talks shows stay on the air. They have ostracized half the country. What entertainment business model are they following because it's not sustainable. I suspect they are lying about viewership and that's not even taking into account streaming services.

Let's be clear on this. More than half the country doesn't care about politics. They don't vote and they don't care if the President is being made fun of or not. They certainly don't feel ostracized.

About 35 percent of the voting public feels ostracized by late night talk shows.

35 percent of voting Americans vote straight ticket republican
35 percent of voting Americans vote straight ticket democrat
30 percent of voting Americans are wild cards. The swing vote. They decide every national election.

new topics

top topics

join