It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey ‘launches airstrike’ against Kurds on Syria-Iraq border – reports

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Oh, the US has much to share in terms of blame going all the way back to the 1920s with respect to the Kurds.

But let's be honest, if Trump had pushed a campaign to expel Turkey from NATO in advance of this provocation, how many on the left, or the right for that matter, would have supported that?

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Erdogan has been a real disaster. He, along with NATO, the US, the Gulf states, and Isreal wanted ISIS to destroy Syria and start a genocide so the west could intervene and take over Syria He supported ISIS in their savagery only to be turned on by them.

Now he s got no business in Syria. He’ll, of course, say he doesn’t want these Kurd terrorists on his border.

He probably flattered Trump in that phone call and led to this abrupt bad thought out action.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I just made this point in my last post.

The Establishment on the right has had it wrong on Turkey at least since Erdogan's ascension to power, arguably long before. The left only attacks Trump because you know orange man bad.

Blame Trump all you want. It won't change the fact that this was a ticking time-bomb he inherited, and if matters didn't escalate during his administration, it was guaranteed to hit a future one.
edit on 7-10-2019 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
7 Hours ago(which I think was after Trumps phone call to Erdogan,but before tonights Turkish airstrikes)
Trump tweeted this:

As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits,I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!).

twitter.com...

Hes also been going on about wanting the EU to take back its ISIS prisoners,and I saw on Al Jazeera just now that the Kurds said they will now have to defend themselves rather than look after their detainees-Possibly meaning that a lot of ISIS fighters may be able to escape during this attack by turkey.

This is a situation which was completely avoidable IMO.
I am guessing even the Pentagon are saying WTF? at the moment.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Sounds like Trump... I mean the MIC, pulled out just to have a reason to go right back in again. We never planned on getting out of there, we just needed a convenient excuse to escalate things. The leaders of countries are never the ones to fight on the front lines.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Israel wanted to run a gas line through Syria thus cutting off Russia.. Its the reason Putin jumped in and took on ISSIS. It was an attempt to over throw a sovereign govt of Syria... The same thing happened in the Ukraine..where Putin also blocked a Cee I Aye attempt of over throwing the Ukrainian govt.. Two tries and two fails..chaulk one up for the white hats.a reply to: network dude

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: HanyManny
a reply to: operation mindcrime

A coward who never served using the office to deflect from a certain impeachment.

This is what 3 years of Trump has brought us.

Explain .
Source.
Or else the post can be counted as tripe personal opinion.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The eternal underdogs, the Kurds, stood by the U.S. repeatedly and ol' No- Nuance Know Nuthin' cuts 'em loose to die.

One doesn't need propaganda to see this as terrible.

But hey... must be 3d checkers, right?

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: olaru12

I just made this point in my last post.

The Establishment on the right has had it wrong on Turkey at least since Erdogan's ascension to power, arguably long before. The left only attacks Trump because you know orange man bad.

Blame Trump all you want. It won't change the fact that this was a ticking time-bomb he inherited, and if matters didn't escalate during his administration, it was guaranteed to hit a future one.

You can’t use that excuse. A president always inherits the problems of the last president. Obama inherited Bush’s messes. The next president will inherit Trump's messes. That’s the nature of the job. You don’t complain and blame everything on the last guy, you be a man and do what’s right. And fix it and make it right if you can. or youy damn straight try.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

4d, how dare you insult the anointed, wise one in all his infinite wisdom!

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Stevie Wonder could of seen this coming!

Tough situation, to abandon your allies, good luck getting any next time. At the same time, people getting tired of the U.S. being world police..still abandoning your friends(so to speak) is never a good thing.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma
They must of outlived their usefulness, a true sociopath at the helm.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I hear there is a third whistleblower who overheard a Trump and Erdogan phone call where in Trump Erdogan for a favor. Erdogan would escalate his agression on the Kurds in order to get Ukraine out of the news and in exchange Trump would allow Erdogan escalate his agression on the Kurds.

So I wouldn't worry to much about it.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
You can’t use that excuse.

Please, spare me the distortion.

Not even two years ago the left, and their swampy allies on the right, were screaming bloody murder because Trump suggested NATO members carry more of the financial burden. Trump was undermining NATO...threatening our national security! OMG!!!!!

Now that same group wants us embedded in an endless conflict because.....wait for it...we need to protect the Kurds from a member of NATO!

The entire discourse is absurd.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Well if France and the Brits didn't screw up by not giving the Kurds a country and just added them to Iraq we most likely would not be having this issue.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
Somehow or another, the Kurd's keep getting handed the sh#t end of the stick.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Because they are always at war with someone.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Presented without comment.

edit on 8-10-2019 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   
What about the Kurds. LMAO. You guys all acting like you give 2 shi$s about the Kurds.

Its comical.. lol

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Why do we align ourselves with evil doers like Saudi Arabia and turkey? Turkey and ergodan have been acting super shady since I can remember. Why does Trump like to get cozy with these types?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join