It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Democrats subpoena Pentagon for documents related to Ukraine as impeachment inquiry heats up

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: HanyManny
How about some facts on the impeachment process?

With House Democrats suggesting a swift march to impeachment by the end of the year, senators can attend to the defects revealed by President Bill Clinton’s 1998 trial. Those rules give senators a passive role: They cannot reject the House’s decision to send an impeachment over, they must sit and listen to House prosecutors and White House defense lawyers without making a peep, they never see witnesses or documents, and they never make arguments over the facts or the law of conviction, particularly the meaning of “high crimes and misdemeanors.”

Ah yes, the facts seem to have a liberal bias, once again...

www.nationalreview.com...

Some people are so cute when they try to do constitutional law...
Cherry pick much? As expected from a low info voter, not even a challenge.

If the House has a flimsy case, the Senate must still put the country through the wrenching, divisive political spectacle without any opportunity to dismiss the case. But if the House has a strong case, senators must sit silently by without any chance to participate directly in the trial. 

If and IF the House has a case, in this case, NOPE.

You fail, AGAIN.
edit on 7-10-2019 by Arnie123 because: Truth

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: HanyManny

You've made roughly 23.75 posts per day on average, I can't begin to guess the other sites you're spamming the same content with. What's the pay per post? Is it really lucrative or is it kinda like driving Uber for some pocket money? Do they have a pension or 401k, health plan? I'd say maybe they offer disability, but I imagine they would go broke with all of the claims of that one...

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: HanyManny

Yes, the House can impeach. We all agree on that, but they have to hold votes to do it.

To date, there have been no votes at all, none.

Without a vote, there is no actual impeachment, no inquiry, and all of the posturing, shrieking, and demanding they're doing is designed to make you forget that. I see you fell for it. Congrats!

But until and unless they actually vote to hold an impeachment inquiry, a real one, and then draw up real articles of impeachment and send them to the floor for a vote, they have nothing to send to the Senate for it to do anything with one way or the other. They can make demands all day long, but without the legal process being followed, psst votes, it's all empty noise.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: HanyManny
Looks like the tide is turning against Trump.

Definitely in the house and senate and the country, but also on ATS....

I swear I remember this happening before. Dems frothing at the mouth celebrating the upcoming doom for Trump and saying over and over words like breaking point, beginning of the end, or the end is near. It went on forever and in the end crow was had by all(not really no one admitted they were wrong, in fact said trump was guilty but couldn't be charged anyway). I see you are getting a star on some of your posts. Maybe the tide is turning on ATS as you say, usually you get none at all. Enjoy the end of Trump talk part 2 or is it 3, 4, or 10? I've lost track. We can only hope this one doesn't take 2 years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join