It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 40% of Republicans believe Trump asked Ukraine about Biden

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
To be clear, the question was not "do you think Trump committed any wrongdoing in asking about Biden?" The question was simply do you "believe it is likely that Trump mentioned the possibility of an investigation into Biden?"

So 60% of Republicans don't even believe Trump mentioned Biden on the phone with Ukraine. This is after Trump released a transcript that clearly shows he brought up Biden's name on the call with Ukraine.

While the Republican numbers are the worst it doesn't stop there. 15% of Democrats don't believe he mentioned Biden.

This is the latest evidence that we live in a post-truth world. Facts no longer matter it's just how you feel.

President Donald Trump has publicly admitted he discussed Joe Biden with Ukraine and the White House released a memo on his July 25 phone call that shows he asked his Ukrainian counterpart to investigate the former vice president and his son, Hunter Biden. Still, only 40% of Republican voters believe he did so, according to a Monmouth University poll released Tuesday.

LINK

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Gorgonite

It's a direct result of the media lying about Trump for three and a half years straight 24/7. Now even if they told the truth many would not believe them.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I’m going to have to reread the transcript but Trump asked about Crowd Strike, Biden came up later and it might have been first mentioned by the Ukrainian PM

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
90% believe Biden is a crook.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Wait for a few days. When Reps realize that they hitched their wagon to a horse with no legs, they will drop Trump like a filthy toilet seat in a truck stop.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

These Democrats are the same ones who still are fixated onto believing that Trump is a Russian puppet.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Trump asked about Crowdstrike. Biden was discussed, but he directly asked about Crowdstrike and the server.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

“As you will see from the extensive text messages I am providing, which convey a sense of real-time dialogue with several different actors, Vice President Biden was never a topic of discussion” during negotiations with Ukraine, Volker testified. Cherry-picked snippets of those texts were released by the office of Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., late Thursday evening. “[A]t no time was I aware of or took part in an effort to urge Ukraine to investigate former Vice President Biden,” Volker told lawmakers.

thefederalist.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Source?

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TomLawless
Trump asked about Crowdstrike. Biden was discussed, but he directly asked about Crowdstrike and the server.

Should more Ukrainian officials come out and confirm we can easily say the dems would be roasted for lying like this.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Does lying only matter when its the opposition party?

Not sure how any Republican can get on a high horse about lying considering Trumps track record of making things up.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

All you have to do is read the transcript.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

It's a direct result of the media lying about Trump for three and a half years straight 24/7. Now even if they told the truth many would not believe them.

What does anyone else telling someone ANYTHING have to do with that person choosing to ignore reality?

That makes zero sense what you just said. That sounds like people have been so brainwashed, all you have to do is tell them the media thinks something else and you get them to think your way. That's it. That's the whole play.

If the president told his follower the media DID NOT want them to jump off a bridge. How many would jump?

Same thing.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Here's a Politico article about Ukraine's efforts to sabotage the Trump campaign. It was okay to be truthful about it in 2017, but not now. I wonder how long Politico will keep the article on their site.

www.politico.com...

Donald Trump wasn’t the only presidential candidate whose campaign was boosted by officials of a former Soviet bloc country. Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump by publicly questioning his fitness for office. They also disseminated documents implicating a top Trump aide in corruption and suggested they were investigating the matter, only to back away after the election. And they helped Clinton’s allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers, a Politico investigation found. A Ukrainian-American operative who was consulting for the Democratic National Committee met with top officials in the Ukrainian Embassy in Washington in an effort to expose ties between Trump, top campaign aide Paul Manafort and Russia, according to people with direct knowledge of the situation. Text

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Oraculi

It works both ways, there is a huge number of people who will follow either the MSM or Trump without a second of consideration.

The difference is the Trump followers on here are also disillusioned into thinking they are not the same sheep they accuse the MSM followers of being.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I do find it amusing the Democrats are telling the the Ukraines no, you did feel pressured even with them saying directly they did not feel pressured.

It's like getting hit with a nerf ball and someone telling me it hurts really really bad an calling an ambulance.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oraculi

originally posted by: jjkenobi

What does anyone else telling someone ANYTHING have to do with that person choosing to ignore reality?

That makes zero sense what you just said. That sounds like people have been so brainwashed, all you have to do is tell them the media thinks something else and you get them to think your way. That's it. That's the whole play.

If the president told his follower the media DID NOT want them to jump off a bridge. How many would jump?

Same thing.

I made zero sense? Re-read your post. Nobody walks around blindly obeying Trump's commands. Trump doesn't tell me what to do. We're discussing the media telling made up nonsense stories about Trump for 3.5 years and you wonder why nobody believes anything they say now.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

Not really. Its not like that at all.

Its like the classroom bully convincing the nerd to help them cheat on a test. And when the principal finds out the nerd, feeling pressured to not rat out the bully out of fear, lying about what happened.

See, we can both make trash comparisons.

edit on 7-10-2019 by LurkinNoMore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The media lies are the biggest reason I support Trump.

It has absolutely nothing to do with Trump, the man. It's that he is hated by the most vile, disgusting people on the planet.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Trump is my ally, not my savior.

If you support the media and the political elite, you are my enemy. I want you to lose and I don't care who beats you.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TomLawless

Are you in school?

Is this the playground again?

The enemy of my enemy is my friend? Get better friends.

Aim higher.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join