It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm starting a Hemp Farm!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: chiefsmom
How expensive is hemp seed? I'm asking, because one of our farmers up here, put in a hemp field this year.

He claims he spend 1 million on seed. Not sure on the acreage.
I don't know how he planted, but his yield this year is terrible. 1 plant here, another 4 feet away.

Not sure if it was all the rain we had, during planting season.
Or that he isn't the brightest farmer in the neighborhood.

So congrats on you new endeavor, and may you do 100% better than our neighbor.

That sucks, best of luck to your friend. We're actually using clones, so no males or seeds. The only thing we have to worry about is cross pollination from some other hemp grow. And hopefully we can keep that to a minimum.

That's certainly will be an issue, those damn males can pollinate from a long long way away.

Anyhow great venture to start, good luck i wish you lots of success.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Seriously. A girl I know that has a few acres had the worst problem with cross pollination this year. It really messed her crop up. With more people around here growing it's going to be a growing problem. No pun intended. Lol.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I see talk of clones and pollination; If one is growing a simple industrial hemp crop, the seeds will be one of your biggest earners.

If it's a simple outdoor crop, clones are not a requirement, and a mixture of males and females is desirable for maximum profit.

I feel like we're blurring the boundaries between an outdoor industrial hemp crop and a dedicated medicinal crop, or, I'm completely missing the point of the objective in this particular case.

Big difference, both in cost and labour savings.

If your hemp crop is grown purely for extraction, then it does make sense to worry about pollination. Poly-tunnels are your friend.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Yeah it's all going to be made into CBD oil this first time. After we expand past a few acres we're going to get into the other areas, flower, seeds etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join