It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking About Dimensions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
In maths we're used to higher dimension meaning an additional level/direction to expand.
Metaphysically speaking higher dimension means "additional degree of freedom", barriers, limitations we as biological beings are so used to no longer apply.
As in entanglement, when information travels faster than c.
The uncertainty principle, when space becomes a probability.
Extreme gravity when time stretches.

The question is if it would be possible for a biological intelligence to survive an additional degree of freedom? In other words is the theory of interdimensional beings, or of "god/s" even plausible?
Or would "it" have to weigh the biological anchor to obtain non-locality, be above time, ...
Would something still be considered biological if it lives on energy, eats light fe and poops neutrons?
How would it define its body when space no longer applies? What would be the barrier to the environment, its skin?

Personally I think it's possible, we are the 5% and to us the vast amount of space is a big issue, but as we see on our planet, where's a niché there develops a specialized organism to fill it.
They'd be above us on the food chain not by virtue or higher intelligence or technology, simply because they won the birth lottery a little more than we did.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I kind of like the budhist thought of the biology being the cocoon.

The classic garden of eden stories have sort lost the interpretation we were also being grown and cultivated.

Just hopefully not for hungry aliens.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

It's not clear reality is even real. Whatever the IT is that decides something is being observed in double slit type experiments in quantum mechanics IT is quite shocking and disturbing it works this way.

“Those who are not shocked when they first come across quantum theory cannot possibly have understood it.” Niels Bohr, Essays 1932-1957 on Atomic Physics and Human Knowledge

“A physicist is just an atom's way of looking at itself.” Niels Bohr

Quantum Physics Debunks Materialism

Based on the evidence, it looks like reality is some kind of God having a dream.

edit on 7-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

What I find fascinating about ancient eastern religions is the acknowledgement of the cosmos well before anyone in the west.

To bring this to a head empercism or even falsifiablility still requires the observer to have as clear of judgement as possible.

When you scan the brains of people who have lifelong strong meditation practice they operate in a more balanced neural communication pattern particularly between the lobes and hemispheres. They also give off more gamma wave etc...

So you have to wonder about the balance between knowledge and self awareness even with empirical data interpretations. Mabe some of those monks are already travelling.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
I kind of like the budhist thought of the biology being the cocoon.

The classic garden of eden stories have sort lost the interpretation we were also being grown and cultivated.

Just hopefully not for hungry aliens.

The thing is a extraterrestrials capable of visiting Earth would probably be 1,000,000 years more technological advanced than we are. And if so, they probably altered their own biology along the way. They probably have technology embedded within them for providing all their food and energy needs by tapping into some energy source like the dark energy being used to power the acceleration of the Universe. They have to have energy source for powering their Jump-Drives in their space-ships to get here. So I imagine they have figure out a way of getting ALL their own needs met that has nothing to with eating human beings.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

This whole thing is very complicated, especially when we have to use words and terminology.. it is deliberate..

But anyways i believe that our 3d hologram/simulation is projected from and across from another dimension, UFO`s are just pictures that our mind paint for us to see, their true and original form, whatever that means -is light.

This is why in some instances when someone sees a "craft" they only see the lights first, then the rest manifests in the eye of the beholder and vice versa when it leaves.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

Are you suggesting certain types of hallucinogenic drugs might be used to help us detect ETs walking around us?

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Lol that is great.

I agree about genetic engineering. However there may be recipes that need ingredients even still for the base supply. If they were real efficient maybe even use the harvest as a simulation and use all the different minds data for some other experiment.

Or I just watched Jupiter Rising too many times

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Lol that is great.

I agree about genetic engineering. However there may be recipes that need ingredients even still for the base supply. If they were real efficient maybe even use the harvest as a simulation and use all the different minds data for some other experiment.

Or I just watched Jupiter Rising too many times

Great plot in that movie!!! You may be right. We are all just ingredients to some ETs pharmaceutical industry!

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: solve

Are you suggesting certain types of hallucinogenic drugs might be used to help us detect ETs walking around us?

This is more than possible.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Asking whether this is possible strikes me as the same kind o question as, "Is the Earth really round?" At some point we're going to have to come to grips with reality instead of pretend it doesn't exist.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

A single dimension has no thickness.

So things that are definable as having spatiality, with field force vectors and a multidimensional shape, could not exist within a single dimension.

Rather, dimensionality is the way we define objects in space.

Consider that an ideal line has no thickness but requires one or more dimensions to describe it.

edit on 7/10/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Maybe its akin to angles that start as points...and then come into some type of combination with each other/..

which would be the definition of a dimension in and of itself...

How much space is required to understand a dimension? I dont know
edit on 7-10-2019 by Boundless1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   

The uncertainty principle, when space becomes a probability.
Extreme gravity when time stretches.

The question is if it would be possible for a biological intelligence to survive an additional degree of freedom? In other words is the theory of interdimensional beings, or of "god/s" even plausible?
Or would "it" have to weigh the biological anchor to obtain non-locality, be above time, ...
Would something still be considered biological if it lives on energy, eats light fe and poops neutrons?
How would it define its body when space no longer applies? What would be the barrier to the environment, its skin?

These are terrific questions.

But it's almost 1am here and I *was* going to try and get some sleep. But of course, now I can't since I must think about what you wrote.

You owe me a good night's sleep!

Just saying...

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

So you have to wonder about the balance between knowledge and self awareness even with empirical data interpretations.

It may not be about knowledge and self awareness per se, but rather it's about understanding - an intrinsic understanding at the most basic and fundamental level of one's place in the greater reality and what the greater reality truly is.

That is the definition of Nirvana for me.

Now, does that exist? I'd like to believe it does at some level and that it's what we're all striving for and evolving towards through multiple life experiences.

Sort of a half-assed mash-up of Taoism, Buddhism, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism and all religions that believe in a higher level of existence beyond what we're experiencing now.

Whether it's called Heaven, Hell, the Astral Plane or living in the Playboy mansion...

edit on 10/8/2019 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

top topics

join