It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Court orders the President to hand over his tax returns

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
www.cnbc.com... does no one remember we allready got a look at his taxes from 2005 at least and it ended up being a huge flop for the dems

The White House said in a statement Tuesday that President Donald Trump had paid $38 million in taxes on income of more than $150 million for 2005. That revelation came in response to Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative reporter David Cay Johnston reportedly obtaining documents from Trump’s 2005 federal tax returns, and exclusively sharing those findings Tuesday evening with MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow.
so yeah there was this and you guys allready saw how he files

www.theguardian.com...

The MSNBC anchor excited Twitter by announcing she had access to Trump’s elusive tax returns – but the documents themselves proved slightly less dramatic
and

Or last year’s tax return? No. But she did publish two pages of one from 2005. How did she get them? They turned up in the mailbox of an investigative journalist called David Cay Johnston. He says he doesn’t know who sent them. And what, if anything, did they reveal? That Trump paid $38m (£31.1) in tax on an income of $150m (£122.7). That sounds strangely reasonable. It’s an effective tax rate of 25%, which is pretty low for a high roller such as Trump. Hillary Clinton paid at a rate of 31% that year. Bombshell, you said. Moreover, $31m of the $38m he did pay was incurred due to something called the “alternative minimum tax”, which Trump has pledged to eliminate. Mildly scandalous! Indeed, so mild that Johnston speculated Trump may have leaked the pages himself.
so i would not put all your eggs in a basket on this one but do find it highly odd people seem to care about his taxes from the early 2000's and the 1990s which all are from over a decade or more before he ran for president

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
www.heritage.org... pretty good read on why the case will go to scotus it will be interesting to see if ginsberg feels the same way she did 33 years ago on the matter when she set case law to protect the privacy of tax payers

If I had to bet on who will ultimately win the court fight I would put my money on Consovoy, a well-known and skilled Supreme Court litigator. Interestingly, in 1986 a judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia supported the law keeping tax returns private, finding in the case of National Treasury Employees Union v. the Federal Labor Relations Authority that taxpayer privacy is “fundamental to a tax system that relies on self-reporting.” The judge was right. Few people had heard of that judge in 1986, but you’ve likely heard her name in more recent years. She got a big promotion and is now Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. If she winds up hearing the case dealing with the fight over the Trump tax returns it will be interesting to see if she sticks with her position of 33 years ago, or adopts a different position to strike a blow against President Trump.
so yeah now it goes to scotus id imagine

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: Assassin82
He was all about the Obama birth certificate. He demanded we see it!

Well, he should just release his taxes. If he’s got nothing to hide then just release them.

For those on the right who say “he doesn’t have to”, you wouldn’t have that same response to a democratic president who failed to release their taxes. You just wouldn’t.

You're wrong. It's different this time. It's trump.

You libs are such hypocrites

Not a lib. Did you know not everyone picks a side? Some people, like myself, can take a step back from the cluster**** created by those who pick sides and just see things for how they are?

It’s true.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Well, he should just release his taxes. If he’s got nothing to hide then just release them.

For those on the right who say “he doesn’t have to”, you wouldn’t have that same response to a democratic president who failed to release their taxes. You just wouldn’t.

Dude just stop. Nobody gave two dicks about tax returns until 2016 when the liberals demanded to see Trump's "because it has become the norm" even though it isn't required. If it's the new norm then ALL Congress members should get busy showing the public their returns.

I agree. They all should give up their tax returns. I’m glad we can see eye to eye on it.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

Sorry to say, if it were a democratic president, or candidate refusing to disclose his/her tax returns, I'd say the same damned thing.

Good for them!! There is no federal statute that require any such thing. If one wants to, that's fine, unnecessary, but OK. If they choose not to, there is no penalty.

Does anyone actually believe that there is anything in those returns that isn't legal? After two years plus, and innumerable attempts at "gotcha" by the supposedly loyal opposition.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You do know that in the real world values are determined for taxation purposes on historical data/valuations of "like markets".

Who hasn't under declared expenses and boosted "income" to get a bigger loan?

alters his financial statements, lowering his property values for tax purposes and elevates them

But my main thrust of my post how would you claim dodgy payments as you implied

Here I'll spell out my question to you.....

Tax return:
Expenses: "x" $ to thugs to clear out tenants from my slum so I can redevelop my new New York Tower

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I have never understood this ar all. Does anyone think he does his own taxes? He pays a company to do his taxes do you think they are going to do something illegal? If they did the company would be responsible and not Trump. For example if i am audited my accountant that will handle it for me like they did before. Ironically after the audit the government owed me money.
edit on 10/7/19 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LedermanStudio

They already did - Both R & D's benefited - they rewarded him by passing the legislation - all the Washington Swamp - including Trump Won Big Time

www.bloomberg.com...

Most rich taxpayers, however, are doing much better this year. The alternative-minimum tax, or AMT, dreaded by affluent Americans, lost much of its bite in the legislation. The estate tax, previously paid by just two out of every 1,000 taxpayers who die, is now even easier to avoid. The law doubles the amount of wealth exempt from the levy, to $11 million for singles and $22 million for couples. The rich are already using the new limits to create dynasty trusts for generations of their descendants.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

You're wrong. It's different this time. It's trump.

You libs are such hypocrites

Not a lib. Did you know not everyone picks a side? Some people, like myself, can take a step back from the cluster**** created by those who pick sides and just see things for how they are?

It’s true.

you are correct, however, it's not as much fun now is it?

you can admit it's entertainment, bread and circus'.

when was the last time in your life people cried over an election?

it's all Joseph Misfud fault. Search for yourself.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

And the rest we will never know

Paradise Papers

www.icij.org...

Reveals offshore interests and activities of more than 120 politicians and world leaders, including Queen Elizabeth II, and 13 advisers, major donors and members of U.S. President Donald J. Trump's administration

And then the Panama Papers

Bread and Circuses for the rest of us plebs

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The Supreme Court is going to have to be 1000 judges at this rate with the amount of cases they will need to hear.

and even that is no sign of uncovering truth. They will just be "Scalia'd"

I'll throw you a bone about Brexit - interesting reading about it being engineered

www.globalresearch.ca... tm_source=article_page&utm_medium=related_articles

How Brexit Was Engineered by Foreign Billionaires to Bring About Economic Chaos – for Profit

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

You do know that in the real world values are determined for taxation purposes on historical data/valuations of "like markets".

Don't lecture me. Tell it to Donald Trump and Michael Cohen, the Trump Org and the RNC, who hired Cohen as their Deputy Financial Chairman. Tell it to the New York Southern District Federal Courts.

edit on 8-10-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Don't lecture me. Tell it to Donald Trump and Michael Cohen, the Trump Org and the RNC, who hired Cohen as their Deputy Financial Chairman. Tell it to the New York Southern District Federal Courts.

Cohen was purposely "placed" into the SunLight to be exposed 😃

"even" gets "even"

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

If that were the case he would have released them a long time ago. heck he would have taken out full page ads in all the major newspapers and bought time on every major Network to show the world.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Naw is better to force their hands. Makes them look worse when they come up with nothing.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The exact opposite happened. Where do they find you lying ass people.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
I have never understood this ar all. Does anyone think he does his own taxes? He pays a company to do his taxes do you think they are going to do something illegal? If they did the company would be responsible and not Trump. For example if i am audited my accountant that will handle it for me like they did before. Ironically after the audit the government owed me money.

I admit I've never understood what they're hoping to find. Do they think they'll find that Trump itemized a million dollars of deductions as bribes to Putin? Do they think they find receipts for the purchase of endangered animal hides to furnish his supervillain lair?

Tax returns are mainly of use if you're trying to prove someone is under-reporting their income, but does anyone here seriously think that's likely for a billionaire? Besides, guys like Trump have top-notch accounting firms whose entire job is making sure their clients' tax returns are filed correctly.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TMike

You're ill informed. You must be a Democrat.
A second judge stayed the order until an appeal is heard.

edit on 8/10/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
...and all financial documents to NY Prosecutors.

President Donald Trump is closer to losing control of his tax filings after years of defying a modern presidential norm of disclosing them to the public. A federal judge in New York ruled that Trump can’t stop his accountants, Mazars USA LLP, from turning over his taxes and other financial documents to Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr., whose office is investigating whether the Trump Organization falsified business records related to hush-money payments.

www.bloomberg.com...

www.breitbart.com...

Well there you go.
No doubt as SC fight will ensue, but it would appear that the current coup is firing from all angles. It's all out political war to reverse the 2016 election.
This tells me that Trump is getting very close to shining a light on Washington corruption

Why should they be different?

Reminds me of that old Bugs Bunny cartoon where Bugs is attacked by a bunch of dogs and starts singing - "Dogs pile on the rabbit, dogs pile on the rabbit", and then proceeds to get out of it and smack the dogs upside the head.

It appears the left thinks that there's blood in the water.

We'll see...

edit on 10/8/2019 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TMike

How cute, and so non transparent

Has ATS database been hacked?

seems lots of dormant accounts being activated.

Conspiracy Theorists say YES!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join