It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Court orders the President to hand over his tax returns

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Gorgonite

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
If he has nothing to hide then why not prove his haters wrong?

Said the same thing about Obama's birth certificate because he wouldn't produce a real BC but the liberals couldn't counter with anything so they called us racists for asking for proof of birth in America. I mean, it's not like a lot of his life was spent in Kenya where his mom met his dad. But yeah, now something that isn't mandatory is being demanded while something mandatory was kept sealed up while those asking were berated for daring to ask for such a thing.

The sad truth of the birther delusion is it doesn't matter what country Obama was born in because his mother was a naturalized US citizen. By law, this makes Obama a nationalized US citizen. The whole birther movement is just veiled racism.

What's racist about it? I've yet to ever get an answer to that question, so help me out.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

In American we have something called 4th amendment rights.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated,

People wanted to see his tax returns since he started running, they were told no, so they acted like babies and thew a fit and clogged up the courts.

Unless you are saying that the Obama administration didn’t enforce tax laws in billionaires, then he has no reason to show them
edit on 7-10-2019 by SocratesJohnson because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
If he has nothing to hide then why not prove his haters wrong?

Said the same thing about Obama's birth certificate because he wouldn't produce a real BC but the liberals couldn't counter with anything so they called us racists for asking for proof of birth in America. I mean, it's not like a lot of his life was spent in Kenya where his mom met his dad. But yeah, now something that isn't mandatory is being demanded while something mandatory was kept sealed up while those asking were berated for daring to ask for such a thing.

The sad truth of the birther delusion is it doesn't matter what country Obama was born in because his mother was a naturalized US citizen. By law, this makes Obama a nationalized US citizen. The whole birther movement is just veiled racism.

Obama's mother would have to have renounced her citizenship to live in Indonesia at the time .
Stop guessing and learn facts by researching.

He doesn't have to learn facts, they're already written down for him in his "CNN's Politics for Dummies" handbook.
edit on 7-10-2019 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

"And since Obama got elected and the American people were well aware of the issue it was not as relevant as Republican haters would like."

And since Trump got elected and the American people were well aware of the issue it was not as relevant as democrat haters would like.

Democrats are like, "I GOT SOME DIRT ON TRUM-"

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: HanyManny
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

So you agree that Trump most likely could not get a job as a GS-5 in the federal government?

He is not qualified?

Asking for a friend.

Tell your right handed rubber glove friend that opinions are like sphincter outlets.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Again, this isn't about me. However, Michael Cohen, who was vice-president of The Trump Organization and deputy finance chairman of the Republican National Committee knows about values, assessments and fraudulently working the numbers to one's advantage.

It's his testimony that fuels this lawsuit, not mine.

It's not about Michael Cohen either herp derp.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

In reality he's probably 5'6 and his arms start to shake when he lifts up a 12 pack of O'Doul's to the counter top for the cashier.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Herp derp, yes it is!

abcnews.go.com...

Congressional Democrats on Wednesday seized on testimony from longtime Trump Organization lawyer Michael Cohen, who called his former boss a "cheat" who lied about his personal finances, to buttress their case to demand copies of President Donald Trump's tax returns.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
www.wsj.com...

Appeals Court Puts on Hold Order That Trump Release Tax Returns Judge rules President Trump isn’t immune from criminal investigations while in office; appeals court blocks immediate enforcement of subpoena

theweek.com...

Trump's lawyer filed an emergency notice of appeal to the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, which almost instantly ordered a temporary stay of the subpoena.
so this seemed to go no where fast

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

If that is the case, can you explain why Trump is delaying the shining of a light on corruption?

Why doesn't he just do it?

Surely if he has knowledge of a crime being committed and spends years not telling anyone with the power to prosecute, he is clearly an accessory to the fact.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

When the president's argument is "I'm the president, you can't investigate me for crimes", what did you think would be the outcome?

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
It's absolutely hilarious. Do they really expect to find something illegal in his legally filed and approved tax returns???

I expect they do.

Why else would Trump not simply clear up the doubt?

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

And your only evidence is personal supposition, and an old Nixon video?

The FAIL in you is strong.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I don't understand what the big deal is about this issue. Obviously the not so shocking result is going to be Trump pay zero taxes because he leveraged all the strange loop holes in the tax code which exempts all rich people from paying taxes.

Do you not take advantage of every deduction and tax break available to you?
Kinda dumb not too...

There is a difference between getting rebates because you are compliant with the conditions for them and with misrepresenting your financial position to avoid taxation.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

My last on the subject as I feel this is going off-topic
At the point in time , Americans were frowned on in Indonesia. (and still are)
One had to fully renounce their US citizenship to live there.
End game

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
a reply to: chr0naut

And your only evidence is personal supposition, and an old Nixon video?

The FAIL in you is strong.

Firstly, I neither presented evidence in this thread, nor made claim of ownership of the evidence that I did not present.

Nor, as near as I can tell in re-reading my posts in this thread, did I make any 'personal' suppositions.

The Nixon video was to emphasize the ridiculousness of the excuse that the President is above the law (also, Nixon was never actually impeached. He resigned before the culmination of the process).

edit on 7/10/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
On to the SCOTUS for instruction and discovery that there's a 4th amendment to the Constitution that ESTABLISHES the presumption of innocence.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

originally posted by: lostbook
I think if he has nothing to hide then he should just show them.....end of story.

I really tire of this "logic". I've seen it used on both sides, and I wish it would just go away. It doesn't matter whether or not one has anything to hide, what matters is ones right to privacy.

IMO, no one holding public office should HAVE that right. Again, just my opinion here, but I think mandatory transparency in all aspects including financial here would do a f# of a LOT in bringing corruption to near-extinction politically.

Anyone who can't see the colossal benefit in that is a big part of the perpetuation of political corruption in this country. If you're going to hold office on peoples' behalf, those people should by all rights be able to make damn sure you're not in it for the kickbacks. Or getting any at all.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: tkwasny
On to the SCOTUS for instruction and discovery that there's a 4th amendment to the Constitution that ESTABLISHES the presumption of innocence.

The full text of the 4th Amendment:

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized".

I don't see anything there relating to presumption of innocence? In fact, the "probable cause" bit infers quite the opposite as it would be presumption of guilt.

edit on 7/10/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I kind of agree with that to some extent, but only so far as any information an employer might be allowed access to.

In theory, everyone in government is an employee to we the people. As such, I agree that we should have access to any and ALL information that any employer is expected to have.

That said... are employers allowed access to one's tax returns?

Also this applies to all of them, not just the POTUS, so let's get on that...
edit on 10/7/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join