It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Court orders the President to hand over his tax returns

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: contextual

Bless your heart...

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
If they vote to impeach some will lose their next election. If they vote to remove, many will lose their next election. Anything is possible but the probability of that many willing to give up their seat over this is highly improbable. They could remove him but by doing so they would remove themselves as well so they would also have the same fate. Impeached and removed from Congress by voters.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: HanyManny
a reply to: Necrobile

I work with the federal government. My position requires that I file a yearly financial disclosure form OGC 450, and have to get a background check every 5 years.

I don't have to work with the government, but choose to. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

You can understand why some positions require deeper vetting than others.

I think that should go for the president.

BTW, I don't know if Trump could pass a background check.

Appeal to Authority

argumentum ad verecundiam (also known as: argument from authority, ipse dixit)

Description: Insisting that a claim is true simply because a valid authority or expert on the issue said it was true, without any other supporting evidence offered. Also see the appeal to false authority.

www.logicallyfallacious.com...

when all you have are logical fallacies, this is what your posts look like.

I bet you have big muscles, are 6'11" and bench 400. Oh, you brute.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

the best part is the signature line, it made me laugh out loud

this will still be going on in the courts, until Trumps Daughter is out of office.

😂😂👌😲

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

6'2", 185 lbs. Maybe get to 190 after a long weekend of overindulgence...Don't work out with heavy weights anymore. Just enough reps to keep fit.

Do a lot of walking these days, as my knees are going south.

Thanks for asking.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JON666

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: UKTruth
...and all financial documents to NY Prosecutors.

President Donald Trump is closer to losing control of his tax filings after years of defying a modern presidential norm of disclosing them to the public. A federal judge in New York ruled that Trump can’t stop his accountants, Mazars USA LLP, from turning over his taxes and other financial documents to Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr., whose office is investigating whether the Trump Organization falsified business records related to hush-money payments.

www.bloomberg.com...

www.breitbart.com...

Well there you go.
No doubt as SC fight will ensue, but it would appear that the current coup is firing from all angles. It's all out political war to reverse the 2016 election.
This tells me that Trump is getting very close to shining a light on Washington corruption

I think if he has nothing to hide then he should just show them.....end of story.
You show me your tax returns (congress) and I'll show you mine. Sounds fair to me

Sigh.....

Trump is under investigation for crimes in which there is already evidence. These are the crimes that put Michael Cohen in prison. The crimes for which Trump was listed as individual-1. Trump has no legitimate defense so he argues that he, his family and his businesses are above the law.

This isn't just someone wanting to see his taxes for kicks, this is because a crime has been committed by an employee of the Trump Foundation and prosecutors have evidence which ties that crime to Donald Trump.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gorgonite

originally posted by: JON666

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: UKTruth
...and all financial documents to NY Prosecutors.

President Donald Trump is closer to losing control of his tax filings after years of defying a modern presidential norm of disclosing them to the public. A federal judge in New York ruled that Trump can’t stop his accountants, Mazars USA LLP, from turning over his taxes and other financial documents to Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr., whose office is investigating whether the Trump Organization falsified business records related to hush-money payments.

www.bloomberg.com...

www.breitbart.com...

Well there you go.
No doubt as SC fight will ensue, but it would appear that the current coup is firing from all angles. It's all out political war to reverse the 2016 election.
This tells me that Trump is getting very close to shining a light on Washington corruption

I think if he has nothing to hide then he should just show them.....end of story.
You show me your tax returns (congress) and I'll show you mine. Sounds fair to me

Sigh.....

Trump is under investigation for crimes in which there is already evidence. These are the crimes that put Michael Cohen in prison. The crimes for which Trump was listed as individual-1. Trump has no legitimate defense so he argues that he, his family and his businesses are above the law.

This isn't just someone wanting to see his taxes for kicks, this is because a crime has been committed by an employee of the Trump Foundation and prosecutors have evidence which ties that crime to Donald Trump.

I think you nailed it. Trump has admitted to breaking the law by soliciting a foreign power to investigate a political rival using US Taxpayers funds.

President Trump pressed the newly elected Ukrainian president to open an investigation into a candidate challenging Trump in the 2020 U.S. presidential election. This is a stunning abuse of power; it also violates campaign finance law.

campaignlegal.org...

He has admitted it, the so-called transcript is out, so the argument is over.

Trump will be impeached.

ETA from the source above:

A now-public whistleblower complaint details reports “from multiple U.S. Government officials that the President of the United States is using the power of his office to solicit interference from a foreign county in the 2020 U.S. election.” The complaint describes a July 25 phone call between President Trump and Ukranian President Volodymyr Zelensky during which Trump pressured the Ukranian president to investigate one of Trump’s political rivals. The White House has released a summary of the July 25 call that corroborates the whistleblower’s account. In particular, the call summary indicates that, with Congressional aid for Ukraine on hold, Trump told Zelensky that U.S. support for his country has not always been “reciprocal,” and then asked Zelensky for a “favor”: to work with Trump’s personal attorney, as well as the U.S. Attorney General, to investigate Trump’s potential 2020 rival, Joe Biden. Tweetable quote: These facts not only reflect a startling abuse of executive power; they also unambiguously demonstrate that Trump broke the law by soliciting valuable assistance to his reelection efforts from a foreign government.

edit on 7-10-2019 by HanyManny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Every county was their own assessors who determine property values for tax purposes. www.tax.ny.gov... Property owners do not determine these property values, they can only appeal if they believe its too high, and the ruling could very easily go ageist them.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Gorgonite

Thanks for proving my point about the level of hypocrisy on the left. It only took you one sentence.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

that's the guy you are trusting

Trump trusted him as a VP for the Trump Org, and the RNC trusted him as a deputy financial director.

Mike Flynn lied, do you still trust him?

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Gorgonite

And not one word of that matters until January 21, 2025. New York has no jurisdiction over the US President. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

Donald Trump can commit any... ANY... state crime and New York cannot do one damn thing about it until he is out of office. Donald Trump cannot be arrested for any... ANY... Federal crime until he is out of office. Congress can impeach him and remove him from office, but until Congress does that, he is free to be the President. The people said so and in this country the people make the final decision.

January 21, 2025, they can try to prosecute him all they want. He'll be a civilian. Of course, no one will care then. They'll probably be trying to overturn the votes of millions of people over someone else... seems to be the recurring theme to try and disenfranchise voters lately.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: HanyManny

I think you nailed it. Trump has admitted to breaking the law by soliciting a foreign power to investigate a political rival using US Taxpayers funds.

Have you even read the transcript for yourself?

He said no such thing.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: HanyManny

Have you even read the transcript for yourself?

He said no such thing.

TheRedneck

I think he's one of a group of people who signed up to push the impeachment propaganda.
Not worth the effort. Probably paid by the post count.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

nope I do not

why?

do you??

Oh right you believe Cohen I forgot.

Did that suprise you? that I'm consistant??

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
If he has nothing to hide then why not prove his haters wrong?

This will be tied up in the courts for years, long after he is out of Washington.

to me that you don't have an embarrassing tatoo. If you don't have one then undressing in public space can all see shouldn't be a problem, right?

Therefore many innocent people who fight disclosure orders based on principle alone. They have nothing to hide but resent being told to prove it.

Personally, in think that trump lied to us and is affidavit disclosure, but the who "if he has nothing to hide" argument is a fake dictomy.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What better way to alienate a country that doesn't even have $15 minimum wage, when they see you make about 1000 times that, on your own income?

It's an attack on his connection to the American people, that back him.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

WHAT? Trump made more than $15 an hour? That changes everything! Why didn't you tell me that before?

(Oh, my bad... too much sarcasm. It'll probably drip down to the rest of the page... sorry, all.)

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
He was all about the Obama birth certificate. He demanded we see it!

Yes, he picked up that mantra started by Shillary, but you are forgetting...

Well, he should just release his taxes. If he’s got nothing to hide then just release them.
There is an absolute Constitutional requirement than one be a natural born Citizen.

There is no requirement to show any tax returns.

For those on the right who say “he doesn’t have to”, you wouldn’t have that same response to a democratic president who failed to release their taxes. You just wouldn’t.

Nope, not at all. This falls under the vein of:

'I may despise the content of your speech, but I'll fight to the death to defend your Right to engage in it.'

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
He was all about the Obama birth certificate. He demanded we see it!

Yes, he picked up that mantra started by Shillary, but you are forgetting...

Well, he should just release his taxes. If he’s got nothing to hide then just release them.

There is an absolute Constitutional requirement than one be a natural born Citizen.

There is no requirement to show any tax returns.

For those on the right who say “he doesn’t have to”, you wouldn’t have that same response to a democratic president who failed to release their taxes. You just wouldn’t.

Nope, not at all. This falls under the vein of:

'I may despise the content of your speech, but I'll fight to the death to defend your Right to engage in it.'
edit on 7-10-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I suspect that his returns will show he does not earn anything and therefore pays nothing in taxes. Everything is owned by his corporation(s) and provided to him and his family at no charge.

Huh, wait, what?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join