It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Court orders the President to hand over his tax returns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
When the president's argument is "I'm the president, you can't investigate me for crimes", what did you think would be the outcome?

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You're assuming there is. Imagine if he's finally forced and you find no sign of it. It... would... be... devastating... for your side.

But OMB and he "colluded" and said mean things about People. He even went so far as to ask Biden to be investigated

(can anyone tell me what Postion Hunter Biden is running for? No one can anwser that for me)

that is "almost" as bad as beating the Hillary.

the most investigated President ever.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: UKTruth

This tells me that Trump is getting very close to shining a light on Washington corruption

LOL...How, by hiding his tax documents from a federal hush money investigation?

...the sound of the point flying over your head.

In your opinion, what is the point? The only legal argument presented by the President and his lawyers is "He's the president, you can't investigate him". Are you going to honestly argue that he should be above the law?

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Um... I'm not Trump... So yeah... no... I can't... "bring it," sorry. Not my Tax Returns you see.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
He was all about the Obama birth certificate. He demanded we see it!

Well, he should just release his taxes. If he’s got nothing to hide then just release them.

For those on the right who say “he doesn’t have to”, you wouldn’t have that same response to a democratic president who failed to release their taxes. You just wouldn’t.

You're wrong. It's different this time. It's trump.

You libs are such hypocrites

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
If he has nothing to hide then why not prove his haters wrong?

Said the same thing about Obama's birth certificate because he wouldn't produce a real BC but the liberals couldn't counter with anything so they called us racists for asking for proof of birth in America. I mean, it's not like a lot of his life was spent in Kenya where his mom met his dad. But yeah, now something that isn't mandatory is being demanded while something mandatory was kept sealed up while those asking were berated for daring to ask for such a thing.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
It's absolutely hilarious. Do they really expect to find something illegal in his legally filed and approved tax returns???

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: HanyManny
Trump pledged that he would release his federal taxes. I see that he is keeping his pledge!

Winning!

I hope he holds onto it until a month before the election like obama did with his birth certificate. But this time we'll get real documents, not something that was doctored up to be released.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Said the same thing about Obama's birth certificate because he wouldn't produce a real BC but the liberals couldn't counter with anything so they called us racists for asking for proof of birth in America. I mean, it's not like a lot of his life was spent in Kenya where his mom met his dad. But yeah, now something that isn't mandatory is being demanded while something mandatory was kept sealed up while those asking were berated for daring to ask for such a thing.

Thats one thing about Obama that I couldn't get on board with. His mother was an American citizen and I didn't care where she was standing when her son was born. He was an American citizen to me.
Now I would like to see his college admissions forms.
I believe he applied with a foreign passport committing fraud.
But that's another thread..

Even if the actuality get trumps tax returns they will find nothing illegal in then. The mission is to show the American people how much he pays in taxes,..the end.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
He was all about the Obama birth certificate. He demanded we see it!

Well, he should just release his taxes. If he’s got nothing to hide then just release them.

For those on the right who say “he doesn’t have to”, you wouldn’t have that same response to a democratic president who failed to release their taxes. You just wouldn’t.

Dude just stop. Nobody gave two dicks about tax returns until 2016 when the liberals demanded to see Trump's "because it has become the norm" even though it isn't required. If it's the new norm then ALL Congress members should get busy showing the public their returns.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

There was literally zero evidence to back up the birth certificate demands. The entire birther movement was nothing but a right-wing conspiracy theory. The White House had no reason to release the birth certificate just to placate people who are only looking to create scandals from thin air.

Same thing with the Biden-Ukraine scandal. There is literally zero evidence to support the theory that Biden did anything wrong. There is a speech in which he brags about getting a corrupt prosecutor fired and some wacko thinks "hmmm, I bet he did that for his son". The right is great at manufacturing idiotic scandals.

However, in this case against Trump we know for a fact that wrongdoing took place at the Trump Foundation. How do we know? Because there have already been several cases that have led to this investigation into Trump himself. Michael Cohen is currently in jail because of his role in these crimes and Trump is listed as "individual-1" on the sentencing documents.

Trumps best argument against these investigations is "I'm the president and I'm above the law, you can't investigate me." If that isn't straight out of the autocratic handbook, I don't know what is.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I don't understand what the big deal is about this issue. Obviously the not so shocking result is going to be Trump pay zero taxes because he leveraged all the strange loop holes in the tax code which exempts all rich people from paying taxes.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gorgonite

The sad truth of the birther delusion is it doesn't matter what country Obama was born in because his mother was a naturalized US citizen. By law, this makes Obama a nationalized US citizen. The whole birther movement is just veiled racism.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
It's nice that the defense "the President is above the law" isn't holding up in court. People should be happy about that. Unless they want to live under a King.

WTF ?
How many folks do you give your tax returns to ?
That is if you have to file US taxpayers tax returns.
Or know anything at all about the laws regarding privacy and US tax returns other than what your neighbor or CNN tells you.

Denying ignorance
Why ?
Some folks require a little nudge.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Trump should announce he is more than willing to give them all his tax returns if and only if congress critters will let him investigate all their tax returns too. What would they have to hide?

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

This tells me that Trump is getting very close to shining a light on Washington corruption

LOL...How, by hiding his tax documents from a federal hush money investigation?

Is this a serious question? I would delete this post if I were you.

link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I don't understand what the big deal is about this issue. Obviously the not so shocking result is going to be Trump pay zero taxes because he leveraged all the strange loop holes in the tax code which exempts all rich people from paying taxes.

Do you not take advantage of every deduction and tax break available to you?
Kinda dumb not too...

link   

The sad truth of the birther delusion is it doesn't matter what country Obama was born in because his mother was a naturalized US citizen. By law, this makes Obama a nationalized US citizen. The whole birther movement is just veiled racism.

Obama's mother would have to have renounced her citizenship to live in Indonesia at the time .
Stop guessing and learn facts by researching.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

When the president's argument is "I'm the president, you can't investigate me for crimes", what did you think would be the outcome?

Prosecutors could do nothing about it. Id give em the Andrew Jackson treatment too.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Do you not take advantage of every deduction and tax break available to you?
Kinda dumb not too...

Of course. But you are missing the point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join