It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Court orders the President to hand over his tax returns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
...and all financial documents to NY Prosecutors.

President Donald Trump is closer to losing control of his tax filings after years of defying a modern presidential norm of disclosing them to the public. A federal judge in New York ruled that Trump can’t stop his accountants, Mazars USA LLP, from turning over his taxes and other financial documents to Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr., whose office is investigating whether the Trump Organization falsified business records related to hush-money payments.

www.bloomberg.com...

www.breitbart.com...

Well there you go.
No doubt as SC fight will ensue, but it would appear that the current coup is firing from all angles. It's all out political war to reverse the 2016 election.
This tells me that Trump is getting very close to shining a light on Washington corruption
edit on 7/10/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

This tells me that Trump is getting very close to shining a light on Washington corruption

LOL...How, by hiding his tax documents from a federal hush money investigation?

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
If he has nothing to hide then why not prove his haters wrong?

This will be tied up in the courts for years, long after he is out of Washington.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

LOL...How, by hiding his tax documents from a federal hush money investigation?

...the sound of the point flying over your head.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
So why aren’t they ordering the irs to do this then? Sounds like a pretty simple request to me. No, this is just the same ol whiney crap.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The short sighted nature of leftist is amazing. Do any of them ever wonder if the things they attempt to force on some people can also be used against them if made legal?

I think maybe there is a cockiness that they "own" the system and are therefore not worried about that scenario.

I see them losing support with "sober" people more and more as each day goes by. And they don't even see it. They seem to think Twitter is reality.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It would a damn awesome move on his part if he has absolutely nothing to hide, and knows full well they'll get them eventually, with the intent of making them look terrible when they drag the US court system through the mud to get to his tax returns to find nothing of consequence. He has no legal responsibility to do so as president. The tax return pushers come out looking ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

They probably don't expect to find anything in his tax returns.
All they are trying to accomplish is to show how much a billionaire pays in taxes.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I guess so. I don't see how Trump trying to dodge accountability of his own corruption is a sign of him rooting out corruption.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It's nice that the defense "the President is above the law" isn't holding up in court. People should be happy about that. Unless they want to live under a King.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You're assuming there is. Imagine if he's finally forced and you find no sign of it. It... would... be... devastating... for your side.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

I see them losing support with "sober" people more and more as each day goes by. And they don't even see it. They seem to think Twitter is reality.

Guess who else thinks twitter is reality.....

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I guess so. I don't see how Trump trying to dodge accountability of his own corruption is a sign of him rooting out corruption.

So you think Tax returns include dodgy payments......hahahaha

What world do you live in.

You obviously never heard about the Paradise Papers that alluded to offshore scams of the wealthy

Tax return are for the plebs like you and me

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Trump pledged that he would release his federal taxes. I see that he is keeping his pledge!

Winning!

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

So you think Tax returns include dodgy payments.

I think that Michael Cohen testified that Trump regularly alters his financial statements, lowering his property values for tax purposes and elevates them for bank loan purposes.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Given the track record of the Democrats success thus far, they will wind up getting Trump a refund.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

So you think Tax returns include dodgy payments......hahahaha

What world do you live in.

You obviously never heard about the Paradise Papers that alluded to offshore scams of the wealthy

Tax return are for the plebs like you and me

Especially when we are talking about billionaires and the alledged payoff amounts going to their whores.
Trump probably has a hundred grand in his sofa cushions...lol

link   
He was all about the Obama birth certificate. He demanded we see it!

Well, he should just release his taxes. If he’s got nothing to hide then just release them.

For those on the right who say “he doesn’t have to”, you wouldn’t have that same response to a democratic president who failed to release their taxes. You just wouldn’t.

link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
You're assuming there is. Imagine if he's finally forced and you find no sign of it. It... would... be... devastating... for your side.

Bring it!

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I seriously can’t wait until trump wins the 2020 election...
The left continues to underestimate the electorate....they talk about us as though we are some sort of nebulous, non-existent group..
Google the county(not country) map results from 2016...it’s astounding

The win in 2020 will be so satisfying.....I can’t wait
The liberal tears will flow like wine....or whine in this case

-Chris
edit on 7-10-2019 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join