posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:58 AM
So I put up some new wines this weekend. I'm hoping they come out nice.
I put up a Cranberry-Pineapple, a Peach-Mango and a Blackberry-Grape.
I'm a little worried about the Blackberry-Grape though. Fermentation on that puppy took off like crazy. Started blowing out of the air-lock in
about 6 hours, and it still hasn't calmed down fully 40 hours later. It's either going to be some serious rocket fuel, or it's going to be pure
vinegar, one or the other. I kind of had high hopes for this one too. My plan was to ferment it completely out to almost a dry wine. Bummer.
The other two are percolating along very nicely. Had a really slow start on the Pineapple, and actually had to pitch some additional yeast in that
one to kick it in the butt. That kind of surprised me.