It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Trump just announced he's ending ALL international military involvement?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: UKTruth

Isn't this thread about endless wars? If you believe we're pulling out of that, you may want to have a look at my chalet. It's beautiful.

The thread is about Trump's statement on Turkey and a question on what that means for all military engagement.
Wrt to Syria and Turkey - seems like a sensible move to extracate the US from that mess.
For all conflicts - don't think so.
You can keep your chalet too, bud.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Just dropping this here..

Peace

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
**BREAKING** Senators Graham & Van Hollen pledge bipartisan sanctions on Turkey if they attack Kurds

'withhold money and support so they don't genocide'............how sad of a world we live in where this is our reality.

At least this is better than completely leaving them in the lurch. We owe them something for their loyalty.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Another awesome outcome from this is that dodgy dodgy Hillary is getting pwned on twitter for her unprecedented hypocrisy.....

https://twitter.com/SirajAHashmi/status/1181209725066780674

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It reminds me of the pharmaceutical industry.

They never create cures, because that would not give them a customer for life. Instead, they find "treatments" that perpetuates the disease and forever makes the customer beholding to them.

If we fought wars just to win, to kill the enemy and moved on, then we'd be unable to perpetuate the fears needed to raise taxes, lose freedoms.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It reminds me of the pharmaceutical industry.

They never create cures, because that would not give them a customer for life. Instead, they find "treatments" that perpetuates the disease and forever makes the customer beholding to them.

If we fought wars just to win, to kill the enemy and moved on, then we'd be unable to perpetuate the fears needed to raise taxes, lose freedoms.

Great post. Never thought of that angle before makes perfect sense.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

a reply to: Sublimecraft

**BREAKING** Senators Graham & Van Hollen pledge bipartisan sanctions on Turkey if they attack Kurds

'withhold money and support so they don't genocide'............how sad of a world we live in where this is our reality.

I don't have a problem with this. I fully support ending needless wars, but anything we can do to lessen the chances of blowback/negative consequences, is ok by me.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
"originally posted by: tanstaafl
Actually, he had just signed National Security Action Memorandum Number 263 to initiate a process that would result in pulling all the troops out, and in fact, 1,000 had already come home as a result of this policy."

Which was based on overly optimistic projections from McNamara, who, soon after, realized his plan had turned to ****.

Or, he realized he didn't want to end up like JFK.

"I personally believe this is the main reason he was assassinated - follow the money, and there is more money in war than anywhere else."

He was assassinated by a Communist for not being a Communist.

Yeah, keep believing that magic bullet theory.

Sad, it is.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

a reply to: Sublimecraft

I don't have a problem with this. I fully support ending needless wars, but anything we can do to lessen the chances of blowback/negative consequences, is ok by me.

Helping the Kurds defaet ISIS, a common enemy, is one thing. Getting involved in tensions between the Kurds and Turkey is quite another. The USA should be nowhere near that issue - it's for the Kurds and Turkey to sort out. Both have a sordid history that includes genocide.
ISIS has been relegated to a terrorist network with no home. Job done. Counter terrorist operations can deal with the threat in homeland USA.

The idea that the USA has to be the proxy armed forces for any nation it ever fights alongside - or any ally - is nonsense.
edit on 7/10/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So you have committed to them forever, never ending.
No wonder your country is a joke, economically, psychologically and politically

Do you know why the US has said they will help the Kurds, altruism?
Doubt it is altruism, I wonder why, I don’t know

You need to fix up your own backyard before telling others what to do

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
Or, he realized he didn't want to end up like JFK.

Or his plan just sucked, which it did.

Yeah, keep believing that magic bullet theory.

Nothing magical about it, the shot was recreated more than one time.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
So you have committed to them forever, never ending.

Where did I say that?

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I hope he does. No more world police. Imagine what we could accomplish with that extra funding back in the national budget.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

It was a question,,well supposed to be

It’s over, well seemingly

Trump is not bush, Clinton or obama
Right or wrong, he won, he decides for the people now
Should trump honour every deal made by other presidents through out history?

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

The UNITED STATES should place a value on our ally's commitments to our foreign policy, otherwise we'll find ourselves shorter on that number as time goes by.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
I hope he does. No more world police. Imagine what we could accomplish with that extra funding back in the national budget.

I hope he does as well but, slowly
Many people will suffer if the US removes its feeding tube to soon

Though, will the armament industry Survive?

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The UNITED STATES should place a value on our ally's commitments to our foreign policy, otherwise we'll find ourselves shorter on that number as time goes by.

The US was defending Kurdistan, Kurdistan wasn’t defending the US
Your allies commitments were not to the US, or were they and what were their commitments to the US

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

The US was defending Kurdistan, Kurdistan wasn’t defending the US
Your allies commitments were not to the US, or were they and what were their commitments to the US

If you're going to argue the point do yourself a favor and educate yourself prior to commenting. They supported us in both Iraqi campaigns.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Yes, of course they did but why mr educated
Because Saddam killed a couple of hundred thousand Kurds

Nothing to,do wit supporting the US, it was about revenge and using the US as a hammer
Iraq was about oil, nothing about humanity, the US are invested in economics not people

Now, you can feel educated, you now are

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Did the Kurds fight in support of the United States? Yes. Did the United States pledge it's support to the Kurds? Yes.

End of story. You don't treat allies as disposable wipes.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join