It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Trump just announced he's ending ALL international military involvement?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Oh god, I wish this bitch would just fluck off already.....the hypocrisy dribbling from her lips is giving me a headache.

The cow voted for military action in the US invasion of Iraq in 2003 - which started this whole mess.

This sh!t is more her fault than Trumps....

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Me? I'll always side with peace, if given the chance.

I as well.

Hopefully he'll continue the trend and make more meaningful gestures in Iraq and Afghanistan where we have more troops and resources tied up.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Look at it this way, if you want to take the position that Trump did this for solely political reasons, then anyone running against him will have to take the stance of "more war" and further military conflict.

Not an enviable position to be in especially after 18 years of the "war on terror".

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Look at it this way, if you want to take the position that Trump did this for solely political reasons, then anyone running against him will have to take the stance of "more war" and further military conflict.

Not an enviable position to be in especially after 18 years of the "war on terror".

Personally I don't want to take any position on why this is done. To be honest I don't know what the motives or endgame in mind are.

I doubt any of his political rivals are going to fall on their sword over Syria though.
edit on 7-10-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This is a big FU to the military contract companies and war mongers Who go hand in hand, whom are also part of that catchphrase everyone is using lately. The swamp is deeper than most people think.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: dfnj2015

That isn't a documentary.

Agreed. But as they say in the business, "follow the money."

Or the election interference. I wonder what the Turks promised Trump in exchange for thousands of Kurd's lives?

I suppose we'll find out soon enough. Trump can't keep secrets.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Helps putin in Syria and follows the usual trump mantra of buddying up to autocratic dictators, how many support the ethnic cleansing erdogan will now forego? And the ensuing refugees?

lindsey graham's even against it, angry tweets could harm that GOP support in any upcoming vote.
Is romney gearing up to mount some challenge? Cant keep him out of the news at the moment.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Sublimecraft

An end to endless war is the #1 priority for me in any election cycle. I value life.

I cannot applaud this enough, and hope it actually happens.

Bingo! Fewer deaths, limbs lost, etc., is always a good thing!

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Hey, that's a bloody good point you have there Kurt, bloody good point indeed......

twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

An end to endless war is the #1 priority for me in any election cycle. I value life.

I cannot applaud this enough, and hope it actually happens.

Bingo! Fewer deaths, limbs lost, etc., is always a good thing!

It's a small start.

Syria makes up of about .01% of US casualties post 9/11 in the ME.

Again, I'll take what I can get as far as dialing back though. So I'm open minded to see where this goes.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
If Trump had gone the other way, they'd be calling him a war-monger and hail this as "Trump's New War" 24/7.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
He's tweeting about this again, this time Russia and China get a mention..........

twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Wasn't Kennedy assassinated because he tried to end the war in Vietnam?

No, he increased our participation.

Actually, he had just signed National Security Action Memorandum Number 263 to initiate a process that would result in pulling all the troops out, and in fact, 1,000 had already come home as a result of this policy.

I personally believe this is the main reason he was assassinated - follow the money, and there is more money in war than anywhere else.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
If Trump had gone the other way, they'd be calling him a war-monger and hail this as "Trump's New War" 24/7.

I mean, Obama got us involved with Syria, and the right were calling him a pussy for his thin red line comment he didn't deliver on after the "gas attack".

Both sides will do whatever it takes to be critical of their opponent.

Luckily I have the luxury of being critical of them all.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

**BREAKING** Senators Graham & Van Hollen pledge bipartisan sanctions on Turkey if they attack Kurds

'withhold money and support so they don't genocide'............how sad of a world we live in where this is our reality.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
"Imagine how much good Trump could get done for the country if the Dems weren't the NO party fighting and accusing him of anything every step of the way."

A good businessman knows how to multitask.

Exactly, and this is how/why Trump has gotten so much accomplished in spite of the lunatic opposition.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Trump just warned Turkey - in no uncertain terms.....

twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I'm more on board now if he holds true to those words.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Wow the people trying to actually spin us getting out of useless wars in the ME as bad is just astounding.

I know you hate Trump but damm. Try to find anything you can to make it bad because you hate Trump.

More American boys should die in endless wars because you hate Trump. You are so incapable of curbing your hate you would rather American soldiers die then admit its a great move.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
Actually, he had just signed National Security Action Memorandum Number 263 to initiate a process that would result in pulling all the troops out, and in fact, 1,000 had already come home as a result of this policy.

Which was based on overly optimistic projections from McNamara, who, soon after, realized his plan had turned to ****.

I personally believe this is the main reason he was assassinated - follow the money, and there is more money in war than anywhere else.

He was assassinated by a Communist for not being a Communist.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join