It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Trump just announced he's ending ALL international military involvement?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Oh well, tough sh!t for them, because they put their hand up for this too way-back-when so let it be known that if the Kurds are harmed, all countries associated with the coalition-of-the-willing share equal blame.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

None of that really helps the Kurds who put their necks on the line more than once for the very fickle United States foreign policy in the area. We shouldn't have been in Iraq in the first place but once we got there we should have at least helped our only allies in the country.

edit on 7-10-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Imagine how much good Trump could get done for the country if the Dems weren't the NO party fighting and accusing him of anything every step of the way.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Oh well, tough sh!t for them, because they put their hand up for this too way-back-when so let it be known that if the Kurds are harmed, all countries associated with the coalition-of-the-willing share equal blame.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

None of that really helps the Kurds who put their necks on the line more than once for the very fickle United States foreign policy in the area. We shouldn't have been in Iraq in the first place but once we got there we should have at least helped our only allies in the country.

It's a free country, so you can always get you a plane ticket and go over there and help protect the Kurds. Unless you just expect our naive young Americans to continue fighting this pointless war?

So far this war has done nothing but destroy lives, nations, families and inflamed terrorism throughout the world.

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You'll get no argument here from me of the fact that there is no easy solution BUT, now that the gauntlet has been thrown down, globalists will blame Trump for the coming slaughter and normal folks will blame those doing the actual killing plus the globalists for the coming slaughter.

Perception, its in the eye of the beholder.

link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Imagine how much good Trump could get done for the country if the Dems weren't the NO party fighting and accusing him of anything every step of the way.

A good businessman knows how to multitask.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

I mean, there was a period post election where congress and senate were R majority...

The government seems about as stagnant as always.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You'll get no argument here from me of the fact that there is no easy solution BUT, now that the gauntlet has been thrown down, globalists will blame Trump for the coming slaughter and normal folks will blame those doing the actual killing plus the globalists for the coming slaughter.

Perception, its in the eye of the beholder.

He didn't have to give Turkey free reign though, did he?

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
N/M
edit on 7-10-2019 by elkabong57 because: Monday mind melt

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
25%, while I don't think we should be using the Kurds as a proxy, we still have leverage on Turkey, and the Kurds have helped in good faith on a number of occasions. I don't think we should just let Turkey have their way with them, we should at least say there will be sanctions or material support pulled from the table if Turkey attacks an ally.

Pissing on the Kurds heads would be par for the course for us. We love giving people a false sense of hope before ditching them for the next War du Jour.

As an Australian, we are not helping Kurds, it’s not our responsibility, we pay the UN, I don’t feel bad
What has it got to do with the US, why are the Kurds expecting the US for help?

I don’t understand why the US is expected to help Kurds, why are you so sad for them

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Then you should take issue with Turkey, not Trump - unless you're implying that its moral and ethical to blame Trump if Turkey commits genocide against the Kurds?

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Cut and run. Anyone remember that cry?

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This is good. This is exactly how America needed to withdraw troops worldwide.

Abrupt and without a clear plan.

Think of all the countries America destroyed or how many government they toppled; to abruptly end it all is the perfect sign of leadership that will make America great even more.

I think trump should cut all aid going to countries we've destroyed or toppled or brought "democracy" to.

Trump 2020! We need 4 more years

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

25%, while I don't think we should be using the Kurds as a proxy, we still have leverage on Turkey,

What leverage ? Since the denial of President Trump to impose full sanctions to Turkey concerning the S-400 just showed the whole world that USA is weak.

and the Kurds have helped in good faith on a number of occasions.

The Kurds have helped in the war against ISIS. And now that alliance ended since President Trump once again bowed down to Turkey by giving them in silver plate. Remember that those kurds that allied to USA are considered terrorists by Turkey.

I don't think we should just let Turkey have their way with them, we should at least say there will be sanctions or material support pulled from the table if Turkey attacks an ally.

In my opinion there will be no sanctions against Turkey from the USA. Maybe some warnings or something. But true sanctions nope.

Peace

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

This is a campaign promise from 3 years ago. The planet has had 3 years to get ready for this. Sometimes the best work is achieved under pressure.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

This is good. This is exactly how America needed to withdraw troops worldwide. Abrupt and without a clear plan. Think of all the countries America destroyed or how many government they toppled; to abruptly end it all is the perfect sign of leadership that will make America great even more. I think trump should cut all aid going to countries we've destroyed or toppled or brought "democracy" to. Trump 2020! We need 4 more years

That's what happens when you take the power away from the establishment politicians and give it to someone not profiting off of war.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Then you should take issue with Turkey, not Trump - unless you're implying that its moral and ethical to blame Trump if Turkey commits genocide against the Kurds?

My first post said that I was more in favor of what's going on than not.

I look at things issue by issue, and on this one I even said I lean positive towards the direction it appears we may take in the Middle East if we are to take Trump at his words.

But even on an issue I lean positive on, I can still express nuance and say what I dislike about it.

In this case, we don't have to just tell Turkey "have at it". We could say we're leaving that immediate area, but if they expect the same material support we've been providing them, there are conditions.

This isn't a game to me about whether or not Trump looks bad. This is about how my nations taxes are used, and in the Middle East, it has been for blood more than it's been for any resemblance of "peace".

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
It's a free country, so you can always get you a plane ticket and go over there and help protect the Kurds. Unless you just expect our naive young Americans to continue fighting this pointless war?
So far this war has done nothing but destroy lives, nations, families and inflamed terrorism throughout the world.

Plane ticket? I'll just sail my nuclear powered carrier strike force over there. Hur-dur.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I'm not blaming Trump per se, I'm blaming the United States as whole for saying one thing and doing another. Again.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
What has it got to do with the US, why are the Kurds expecting the US for help?

Because we said we'd help them.

I don’t understand why the US is expected to help Kurds, why are you so sad for them

Because we said we'd help them and we're not.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

There is no perfect solution, there never will be.

There never has been.

But backing away from war, more war, more conflict, should be seen as a good thing, a positive thing.

Or we could just, "'cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war' as my friend Bill Shakespeare once said.

Either or.

Me? I'll always side with peace, if given the chance.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join