It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Trump just announced he's ending ALL international military involvement?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

The premise to Oliver Stone's movie was the military industrial establishment did not like its cash cow being butchered.

Although I do not agree with every conclusion, here is the best video I've found outlining everyone who had motives to kill JFK:

Everything Is a Rich Man's Trick

Here's the YouTube version of it:

It's a little long but the history parts of it are very interesting.

I sure hope Trump's anti-war efforts do not result in what happened to JFK. I would love to see us concentrate more on the US than the rest of the World. Guns or butter? Choose. It's been "guns" my whole life.

edit on 7-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I don't know enough about this to offer a path, could you explain what should be done and why, for the slow folks please?

I'm not for the amount of foreign entanglements we seem to find ourselves in but if we get in one we need to finish the job. Way back when the carrot of a Kurdish state was dangled by President Crayons for their support when the Iraqi war started and when it looked like the Turks, Shia and Sunni wouldn't have been happy about this we ditched the idea. We should honor our promises.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Wasn't Kennedy assassinated because he tried to end the war in Vietnam?

No, he increased our participation.

Not according to Oliver Stone.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

That isn't a documentary.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I don't know enough about this to offer a path, could you explain what should be done and why, for the slow folks please?

I'm not for the amount of foreign entanglements we seem to find ourselves in but if we get in one we need to finish the job.

Are you suggesting nuclear weapons or bust? I don't think any amount of US force used in the World is going to make the rest of the people in the World respect the authority of the United States any more than they already disrespect us.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Not according to Oliver Stone.

I like listening to his perspective, but it does not come without flaws from his bias.

I wouldn't use him as the end all be all on matters relating to foreign policy (though he isn't afraid to call us out when we did do sketchy things).

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Looks like he is not interested in pointless ME wars, but not ending military involvement completely.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong here, pulling out of pointless wars is a good thing. But it is also complex. If the US were to go 100% isolationist, even leaving long standing allies to their own devices, there would be a real chance of a major power play in the rest of the world. China may decide to bullrush through South East Asia all the way to Australia, India and Pakistan could blow each other up and Russia might decide to move in on Eastern Europe. Americans isolationism in the worst case scenario could result in World War III

Just pointing out the complications to the rest of the world

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

That isn't a documentary.

Agreed. But as they say in the business, "follow the money."

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: harold223

I'm not sure it will be China. China built the great war to keep the rest of the World out. I think the Chinese have a culture of isolationism. They can be very racists to the "gwailou"'s.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Are you suggesting nuclear weapons or bust?

Nice hyperbolic question. Why would you need nuclear weapons to establish a Kurdish state?

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

We should honor our promises.

But, you can see how the decision to pull out has been weighed up in him announcing this? It's come down to all-in or all-out and he's opted for the latter, which has consequences and will cost lives. The former also has consequences and costs lives.

Tough job, elections are coming, time for the big guns....

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I'm not sure it will be China. China built the great war to keep the rest of the World out. I think the Chinese have a culture of isolationism. They can be very racists to the "gwailou"'s.

Maybe, hopefully... But they are hungry for resources. Point is, there could be unpredictable consequences to the power vacuum.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
wow, thats a statement alright!

Turkey, Europe, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Russia and the Kurds will now have to figure the situation out

amazing... is he literally going to pull all troops out of the entire region/s? where is our focus being redirected to now?

In saying that, abandoning the Kurds is cruel and heartless, no one will trust us as a temporary battlefield ally again

Because us getting involved has made the region so much better. it was so awful before borders were re-drawn, putting in puppet regimes, sold them arms...meh.

Anyone who believes it's a noble idea to engage in these forever wars either has never been in a war or, they are uncommonly uneducated about these conflicts that span decades.

The media tries to wrap it up nice and neat in this tiny package. It would take a college semester or more to understand just one side of these conflicts. It's extremely complicated. Yet we have Congress members that can decide in seconds what to do and how to fix it. And no matter how many times it backfires completely people still believe them.

It's time to break these cycles and try a new approach; Stay out of it.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

How about we just stick to the facts, hmmm?

Well, maybe if you were not such an amateur we could have a real discussion on the matter. The claim in the Oliver Stone film is this executive order is why JFK was assassinated:

"JFK signs NSAM 263, an order to withdraw 1,000 troops out of roughly 16,000 Americans stationed in Vietnam by the end of 1963, with the complete withdrawal by the end of 1965."

But I think my previous post reference "Rich Man's Trick" present more interesting motives. A lot of this is subjective. You are certainly entitled to your own opinion on this matter. But don't pretend you "know the facts".

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: harold223

Maybe, hopefully... But they are hungry for resources. Point is, there could be unpredictable consequences to the power vacuum.

How is the US dialing back Middle Eastern conflict creating a power vacuum in regards to China's posture in the Pacific?

If anything, it leaves us in a better position to respond to increased aggression by freeing up our assets.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It's just continuing the trend that the United States cannot be completely trusted as an ally.

As Crayons said, 'Fool me once, shame, shame, fool we twice, wont get fooled again'. The Kurds weren't paying attention.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Are you suggesting nuclear weapons or bust?

Nice hyperbolic question. Why would you need nuclear weapons to establish a Kurdish state?

Some people have suggest unless you use overwhelming force no one will ever respect the United States. I was suggesting it doesn't matter how much force we use in the World. The level of respect will simply not rise.

Stop being hyperbolic with what I am saying.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
No. If you read his recent Executive Orders he's vetoed bans on the US selling weapons to Jihadi and Al-Que'da.

Helps to read actual politics, senate, congress, debates and votes to get the bigger picture of what's actually going on instead of reading twitter/The Official Propaganda feed for the whitehouse or whoever the sitting president is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join