It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Trump just announced he's ending ALL international military involvement?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Have a read of that link and put this series of tweets into that context. Figuratively speaking, I feel that something big is about the hit the shores of the US, politically, socially and ultimately financially....

It might have something to do with the failed negotiations with NK in Sweden yesterday. News is down playing it. I said Trump means business, no nukes pointed at the US. Sad, but this is true, so many chem missiles are pointed at US and Japanese bases from NK. But no one wants to talk about that.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

In saying that, abandoning the Kurds is cruel and heartless, no one will trust us as a temporary battlefield ally again

Kudos, it needs to be said.

We can restructure our foreign policy without abandoning allies who acted in good faith for us.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
25%, while I don't think we should be using the Kurds as a proxy, we still have leverage on Turkey, and the Kurds have helped in good faith on a number of occasions. I don't think we should just let Turkey have their way with them, we should at least say there will be sanctions or material support pulled from the table if Turkey attacks an ally.

Pissing on the Kurds heads would be par for the course for us. We love giving people a false sense of hope before ditching them for the next War du Jour.

Yes, and sadly this isn't the first time we've pulled this move with them.

Unfortunately they have little support in the region, out of necessity they have hoped we would fulfill our end of deals over and over.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Unfortunately they have little support in the region, out of necessity they have hoped we would fulfill our end of deals over and over.

P.T. Barnum would have made bank touring that country.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

In saying that, abandoning the Kurds is cruel and heartless, no one will trust us as a temporary battlefield ally again

Agreed. However, and it pains me to repeat this as I warned it would happen even before he was elected, but this is one of those CEO decision making processes making its way into the oval office, forever changing the international political landscape as he goes about reconciling Americas bank account for his shareholders, the voters.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Wasn't Kennedy assassinated because he tried to end the war in Vietnam? Trump needs to double his security or just never travel to Texas!

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
this is Great news, another cost savings for the USA

the bad thing is

the moment a Democrat gets in the whitehouse

everything goes back to the way it is now.

Keep that in Mind when you vote folks.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Abandoning all international military involvement hey? As an Australian, I'd better start learning Mandarin.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

25%, while I don't think we should be using the Kurds as a proxy, we still have leverage on Turkey, and the Kurds have helped in good faith on a number of occasions. I don't think we should just let Turkey have their way with them, we should at least say there will be sanctions or material support pulled from the table if Turkey attacks an ally.

Pissing on the Kurds heads would be par for the course for us. We love giving people a false sense of hope before ditching them for the next War du Jour.

The Bush bloodline has a lot to answer for, either in this life or the next.
edit on 7/10/2019 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Wow, no stars for my hippie anti-war protest music. I can't believe no one on ATS likes hippies! Drugs are great!!

+2 more 
link   

originally posted by: harold223
Abandoning all international military involvement hey? As an Australian, I'd better start learning Mandarin.

Or demand your nation cut with the disarming horsecrap and learn to stand on its own 2 feet.

its romantic to say "our citizens don't need guns". Until the Chinese ships began to fill your harbor with soldiers.

link   

If that's your concern, I imagine we'd be better suited against a Sino conflict if we're not overextended in proxy conflicts that appear to have no reconciliation in sight.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I would advise doing that simply so that you can better understand a potential enemy. No doubt the government of Taiwan would gladly help Australia with such an initiative were it tied to security cooperation.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Or demand your nation cut with the disarming horsecrap and learn to stand on its own 2 feet.

its romantic to say "our citizens don't need guns". Until the Chinese ships began to fill your harbor with soldiers.

25 million people on a continent sitting on a huge amount of resources that China is paying $$ for vs more than a billion Chinese. Let's get real here, Australia is Chinese without the ANZUS treaty.

(I'm anti war generally, but not stupid)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Wasn't Kennedy assassinated because he tried to end the war in Vietnam? Trump needs to double his security or just never travel to Texas!

we hadn't got far in Veitnam when Kennedy was shot

I heard he got shot because MJ12 and the whole UFO info was about to be released to the public.

interesting that that CIA was accused

Here today we STILL have the CIA fighting a President

Interesting times indeed.

funny how the same rats are still aboard the ship...

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Don't worry, some Aussies have guns, you just need to leave a city to find them.

link   

I don't know enough about this to offer a path, could you explain what should be done and why, for the slow folks please?

link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

the bad thing is

I don't think Republicans are completely innocent when it comes to war mongering. Otherwise Pat Buchanan would have done better in the primaries.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Wasn't Kennedy assassinated because he tried to end the war in Vietnam?

No, he increased our participation.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

the bad thing is

I don't think Republicans are completely innocent when it comes to war mongering. Otherwise Pat Buchanan would have done better in the primaries.

We will know soon, wait and see how the Democrats react to this news

I bet it will be negative.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join