It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Trump just announced he's ending ALL international military involvement?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Letting the Kurds find their own way is not treachery, it’s responsibility.

The Kurds cannot stand on equal footing against the Turks. They need some sort of support.

Every modern US armed conflict can be justified like that. Does that make those actions virtuous now?

Iraq with no WMDs had to be fought because the Shiites couldn't "stand on equal footing against" Sadam.

The South Vietnamese couldn't "stand on equal footing against" the North.

He can't wrap his mind around the never ending loop he's actually asking for, which is exactly why this warmongering will never end.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Every modern US armed conflict can be justified like that. Does that make those actions virtuous now?

It's not about 'virtue', it's about reciprocity, eventually that goes away when you prove yourself to be untrustworthy.

Iraq with no WMDs had to be fought because the Shiites couldn't "stand on equal footing against" Sadam.

That war should never have occurred, however the Kurds were our allies long before they helped us with that ****fest.

Another one we shouldn't have gotten involved in but we sold the South Vietnamese down the river multiple times.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
He can't wrap his mind around the never ending loop he's actually asking for, which is exactly why this warmongering will never end.

What you can't seem to wrap your mind around is that I'm not asking for a 'never ending loop'. Learn how to read.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
That's not the quote. Here's the real quote:

“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

Yeah, that one sounds much more intelligent than what I attributed to him.

I dunno, personally I think George W was the biggest PR and psy-ops genius who ever lived.

If you analyse his speeches and adresses - the famous 'Bushisms' only ever occur when he's breaking bad news or news that could hurt him or the Republicans public image.

When there's good news or a serious topic is was elloquent - which was reported accurately and clearly in the Press, when breaking bad news he'd throw in a few 'Bushisms' like 'I hope one day humans and fish will co-exist peacefully' all the public and the press missed the content of the bad news/corruption and cover-uos as they were to busy laughing at him being an idiot.

He fooled the world, including myself until stumbling on Critical Discourse Analysis papers of his Presidency.

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Sanctions will be harsh....I'm sure.

Peace

I don't get it, why would the leader of any other country, especially one currently at war/revolution, under attack by ISIS, at war with several countries and surrounded by DMZ zones care about some ribbon cutting ceremony on the oherside of the world's private business.

Next time I clean my kitchen I'm going to invite all the world leaders to come and view it and if they don't turn up and give me a medal, I'm going to have a big paddy on the internet and use it as basis for blackmail, illegal withdrawal of prior commitments if they don't turn up and give a knighthood and medal because I'm the most important person in the world, the Sun revolves around me and there's no way on Earth they could have more important things to do.

Is she that thick she wasn't aware that the US and Turkey had declared war on Kurds and were busy bombing them and commiting mass genocide of the group that defeated ISIS and Trump and the wntire coalition of the West had promised to protect from genocide and give them their own independent state as a favour for fighting ISIS and Islamic Exremism.
edit on 8-10-2019 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Yes you really are. You just don't realize it. How exactly do you see things ending? I see none in sight following your solution. How exactly can we both support all our allies with troops and war in the middle east and ever hope to get out of warring in the middle east? HOW?
edit on 10/8/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Yes you really are.

No, I'm really not.

How exactly do you see things ending?

With the Kurds able to exist in a independent state getting support from their allies which Turkey is not to either one of us.

edit on 8-10-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Would never happen, we would need to babysit and prop them up the same way we do Israel, the biggest leech to ever exist, it would be another never ending project. We'd be forcing the creation of yet another nation in the middle east and like the pocket pets of old, keep wasting time and money keeping it fed and healthy... forever...

We've given Israel one on the strongest militaries in the world and they still can't stand on their own without needing our help and support on the regular.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Would never happen, we would need to babysit and prop them up the same way we do Israel, the biggest leech to ever exist, it would be another never ending project. We'd be forcing the creation of yet another nation in the middle east and like the pocket pets of old, keep wasting time and money keeping it fed and healthy... forever...

Israel is more than capable at this point of defending itself as it did so prior to us providing them with financial aid, the Kurds are not.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   

See my addition above. This is why we're in these eternal wars. We keep propping up small groups to protect them from the larger groups... actually we're using the smaller groups in our push for special interests, but that's neither here nor there. The same issues as with the Kurds are happening all over Africa but no one is interfering there because we have no special interests there.

There's only two solutions, pull out and confine the middle east, let them fight it out, commit all their genocides, and get through their dark ages like the rest of us have, or stop pussy footing around the middleeast and straight up conquer it entirely. Half assed measures will just have half assed results that never really fix anything.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

It's not about 'virtue', it's about reciprocity, eventually that goes away when you prove yourself to be untrustworthy.

That war should never have occurred, however the Kurds were our allies long before they helped us with that ****fest.

Another one we shouldn't have gotten involved in but we sold the South Vietnamese down the river multiple times.

Your flip floppy doesn't make sense to me. Is it or is it not our responsibility to help those who can not stand up for themselves?

On one hand you say we have duty to help the Kurds who helped is in our war efforts in Syria.

On the other hand you say we should not have helped ths Shiites who helped us in our gulf war against Saddam

Which is it?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Sublimecraft

RE: "watch closely how the leftist lust for war"

I have no idea what this is about. Hippies were traditionally pacifists.

And

I think maybe you are confusing the politics of Lyndon B. Johnson as to what it means to be a leftist. He was Democrat and a warmonger. But just remember a Democrat from Texas is further to the right than a Republican from New York. Right and left is a relative label.

No, you just don’t understand how the Left works. Leftists started the peacenick hippie movement to oppose the military action in Viet Nam, organizing protests in order and to put pressure on politicians to end the war basically without a victory against the Communist Viet Kong and communist China thereby giving the Communist the edge. But you really must understand that the Left wants war when and where they want it. Communist China has built up their military.
Democrats often pretend they don’t want war, and yet Obama kept up our military involvement in many parts of the world.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

There's only two solutions, pull out and confine the middle east, let them fight it out, commit all their genocides, and get through their dark ages like the rest of us have, or stop pussy footing around the middleeast and straight up conquer it entirely.

A person would think the US would do one or the other.

But it is not about people. It is about the military helping business get what it wants. The lobbyists buy what they need.

Not so much a war as just doing business.

edit on 10/8/2019 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
We could all have the greatest healthcare and free schooling for life in America if we quit the Middle East . Call Israel and tell them to employ their brand of justice . Iran and Israel are being pulled into a nuclear war that will destroy the two great religions and leave the Christ based Western world allied with Russia vs China . War will never stop ! We are lucky to be in America ! America and Russia will ally to fight China and the Old Testament Theists . This rock we are on has always made war over faith . Buddhist have and do kill in cleansing raids of other sects . Be glad weather we believe or not that America has Christ as a teacher behind our very fabric . I have zero use for religion, but I love and follow the story of Christ our greatest teacher to emerge out of many equally blessed sages . Let the OT people in the Middle East have it out !

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Not to speak for Augustus as he's much cleverer than I, but the Invasion of Iraq with no plan or understanding of the history of confict between Sunni
and Shia was a recipe for major religous war.

Also the Shia were the main body of Saddam's Bathist party/army - the US were at war with the Sunni'Baathit's claiming they were liberating and giving freedom to the Sunni's

The US evidence for Iraq was obrained from a taxi driver and the oppositon party wgo admit it was fabricated. Namely Chalabbi who was known to be corrupt but held busines interests and political interests with neo-cons and pentagon officials - he was appointed Minister of Oil immediately.

90 Page original document on plan for US global military domination deom 2000 - 2100 - list of signatories is very interesting.
www.newamericancentury.org...
original paper is downloadavle/readable on archive'wayback fully unredacted.
web.archive.org...://www.newamericancentury.org/RebuildingAmericasDefenses.pdf

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

The Turks Now have to Defend their Interests in Syria Against ISIS , Israel has Now Become a Serious Threat to the Mullahs in Iran , China is Now Open to Exploit them ALL Even More , but President Trumps Plans for them are going to Destroy China's Economy from Within with the Help of Putin's Russia . The Man is either Brilliant , or has some Very Brilliant People Working for him Behind the Scenes in this Latest Announcement .

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

The third option is supporting your allies who supported you because without your word you're s***.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Forever and ever and ever, just like gang bangers, grudges forever all around.

You: You roughed up my homie, now I'll rough up yours. Them: You roughed up my homie, now I'm roughing up yours. You: You roughed up my...

round and round we go.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Is it or is it not our responsibility to help those who can not stand up for themselves?

It's not, but once we get involved we should do the damn job correctly and see it through.

On one hand you say we have duty to help the Kurds who helped is in our war efforts in Syria.

And more importantly, Iraq. Twice.

On the other hand you say we should not have helped ths Shiites who helped us in our gulf war against Saddam.

Both the Sunni and Shia are not our allies in the same manner as the Kurds. Neither one has earned our support.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Forever and ever and ever...

Still have that reading comprehension issue.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

You pretend like there's an actual end to this support possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join